Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays (42085 Views)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Countries With The Biggest Debts In The World (Photos) / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by BarrElChapo(m): 9:28am On Apr 10
The holidays are too much.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 190: 9:28am On Apr 10
wetin una wan use Holiday do for nigeria angry
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Akalia(m): 9:29am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am
which kind yeye victory. Those countries' labour forces are way more productive than Nigeria's because of enabling environments and pro-people government policies.
In Nigeria , her labour force is overworked and poorly taking care of.
Oyinbo understand the practice of work-life balance.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Laboosh(m): 9:29am On Apr 10
My kontri disappoint me for the first time . Congratulations on this one shocked shocked shocked
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by yomiracles: 9:29am On Apr 10
There are around 12-14 federal public holidays in Nigeria each year, not 11. Each state also has her own additional public holidays.

3 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by folks4luv(f): 9:29am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am
Lol. There should be 'haha' button on Nairaland. Victory indeed๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by ForValour: 9:29am On Apr 10
Nigeria has failed
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Abbeyme: 9:32am On Apr 10
89green:
Asia no dey use public holiday play at all. I know places like UK will not be on that list, bank holiday no too much, dem too like hustle. grin

It's because most holidays in the UK are paid at double pay by most employers.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by piriton: 9:32am On Apr 10
Nigeria is one digit
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by jesustheissue: 9:36am On Apr 10
Does this information now cover up for what went down this time?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Rilwayne001: 9:37am On Apr 10
89green:
Asia no dey use public holiday play at all. I know places like UK will not be on that list, bank holiday no too much, dem too like hustle. grin

Na just 8days for the whole year. Awon werey!
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by tophempire: 9:39am On Apr 10
We should have 30days holidays in a year.

Cause we 13month in a year.

Do your math well, you're working extra one month free๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by jhydebaba(m): 9:44am On Apr 10
New year day - 1

Good Friday - 1

Easter Monday - 1

Christmas - 1

Boxing Day - 1

Itunu Awe (Eid-filtr) - 2

Ileya (Eid- Mubarak) - 2

Prophet birthday - 1

May day - 1

Independence day - 1

Democracy day - 1

13 already, add yours.

3 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Ever8090: 9:45am On Apr 10
The truth is, those holidays favours everyone in those countries and that is something Nigeria does not like, anything that will benefit everyone that is why Nigeria is not on the list. If it is news about top 1 country with highest form of human slavery Nigeria will top the list like 10 times
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by gtown: 9:46am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
Since your expectations ended with disappointment, ...you sound defeated and sad. Maybe, you can go have a hug with any nearby transformer to quench your sadness.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Chikel20000(m): 9:48am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
hehehehehe....Tinubu de hear am
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Timoleon(m): 9:50am On Apr 10
MALLEOLUS2017:
Do you mean to tell me that Nigerian public holidays are not up to 11days
Mehn at least I'm enlightened by this thread. Ordinarily one would think Nigerian public holidays are up to 20days with the way holidays are declared.

They are more than 20 days with the pattern we use..but the holiday itself is 11.

Most of our holidays are often celebrated over two days.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by mrBlunt(m): 9:51am On Apr 10
Yes, but I think the post is counting the number of holiday events and not the days observed. This makes it 9 holidays in Nigeria. You get?
If it's by number of days, Nigeria will rise in the ranking. We dey observe 3 days now now.

jhydebaba:
New year day - 1

Good Friday - 1

Easter Monday - 1

Christmas - 1

Boxing Day - 1

Itunu Awe (Eid-filtr) - 2

Ileya (Eid- Mubarak) - 2

Prophet birthday - 1

May day - 1

Independence day - 1

Democracy day - 1

13 already, add yours.

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by lordinoh(m): 9:52am On Apr 10
Add all Monday sit at home
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by millhouse: 9:53am On Apr 10
Good info
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Timoleon(m): 9:54am On Apr 10
tophempire:
We should have 30days holidays in a year.

Cause we 13month in a year.

Do your math well, you're working extra one month free๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Unfortunately, if you did the math very well, you'd find that for a 13 month calender, each month will have 28 days. Hence a 30 day holiday because of a 'free month" doest add up.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by ceejay80s(m): 9:56am On Apr 10
So u are just trying to let us know that Nigeria is not part of it?
Continue to decieve urself
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by unite4real: 9:59am On Apr 10
Nigeria has more than 11 public holidays. i can count at least 13, so why is Punch saying its 11.

1. New year day
2. Workers day
3. Good Friday
4. Easter Monday
5. Democracy Day
6. Eid el Fitr Day 1
7. Eid el fitr Day 2
8. Eid el Kabir day 1
9. Eid el Kabir day 2
10. Eid el maulud
11. Independence day
12. Christmas Day
13. Boxing day

2 Likes

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Realdeals(m): 9:59am On Apr 10
We need more to meet up with the expectation of those who think Nigeria is always the worst in everything.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by rockog: 10:00am On Apr 10
You are not serious... which administration
Magnetic010:
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by theysg: 10:03am On Apr 10
Magnetic010:

You guys really loce to look down on this Country.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by meum: 10:08am On Apr 10
Nigeria has at least 12 every year why is she not on the list?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On Apr 10
Blossomcresty:
It's every story that's makes frontpage this days
the thing tire me o. Very dry and irrelevant stories.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Oshokhai69: 10:09am On Apr 10
SETHARTHUR:
Wow... Informations like this are interesting ๐Ÿค”

Wetin be informations?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by enemyofprogress: 10:09am On Apr 10
theysg:

You guys really loce to look down on this Country.
which country? Nigeria na country? No let countries wey be country hear sey you dey call Nigeria country o.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by RosyIsBlessed: 10:10am On Apr 10
Nigeria currently should be one, with the high number of holidays. I no understand again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Coup Leaders Appoint New Governors / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / Vladimir Putinโ€™s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.