Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays (42108 Views)

Countries With The Highest Engineering Graduates (Photos) / Countries With The Biggest Debts In The World (Photos) / 5 Countries With The Most Powerful Militaries In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by bbmate: 10:11am On Apr 10
Don't be deceived

Nigeria has 13 holidays every year!
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by vexing(m): 10:16am On Apr 10
Holidays in Nigeria
Christmas 2
New year 1
Easter 2
Each of the three salah 2, 3, 1
Workers day 1
Independent day 1
Democracy day 1
Inauguration day 1 every four years
We have 15/16 days national public holidays.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by bionixs: 10:18am On Apr 10
In Nigeria we don't even know when to play or work.

Amidst hunger and economic challenges , mr presido rushed off to Lagos on Sunday for a holiday scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday. Now , Thursday has been added to it. Friday has always been owambe and cruise.

One week gone!

One robot clown will come here to post ,"Nigeria will be great again"

Great Bawo

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Dbestbrest: 10:23am On Apr 10
Our public holiday in Nigeria are as follows assuming they all fall into working days:-
1. January 1 - New Year day - 1 day
2. Good Friday and resurrection Monday - 2 days
3. Eid- el-filtri - 2 days or 3 days maximum if holiday declared before sighting the moon.
4. Democracy and June 12 days - 2 days
5. Sallah day - 2 days
6. October 1 - Independence day - 1 day
7. Mohammed's birthday - 1 day
8. Christmas - 2 days
Total = 13 or 14 days in a year
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by DeOTR: 10:31am On Apr 10
Akalia:
which kind yeye victory. Those countries' labour forces are way more productive than Nigeria's because of enabling environments and pro-people government policies.
In Nigeria , her labour force is overworked and poorly taking care of.
Oyinbo understand the practice of work-life balance.
Everything is about government. Even if you can't do the right thing as a citizen, you still blame the government.
I've worked in an organization where staff members are drawn from 5 different countries. The Nigerian side has the lowest wage rate among them even below Indians. And the funniest thing is that, the CEO is a Nigerian.
We too like to take undue advantage of ourselves and blame the government for everything. How about everyone do the right thing first and see the ripple effect on the society?
You can't have good government when the people are bad and unpatriotic themselves. Till tomorrow, the quality of the government will always be a reflection of the people.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Rejoice28(f): 10:32am On Apr 10
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by fitinwell: 10:35am On Apr 10
99thEnemy:

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/list-countries-with-highest-number-of-public-holidays/

Haaha dis list is outdated .. mot correct

NGN flag suppose to lead the country...

We have about 58 days public holiday excluding NLC strikes
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Realdeals(m): 10:36am On Apr 10
Good Friday and Easter are one, likewise Christmas and boxing day.

jhydebaba:
New year day - 1

Good Friday - 1

Easter Monday - 1

Christmas - 1

Boxing Day - 1

Itunu Awe (Eid-filtr) - 2

Ileya (Eid- Mubarak) - 2

Prophet birthday - 1

May day - 1

Independence day - 1

Democracy day - 1

13 already, add yours.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 99thEnemy(m): 10:37am On Apr 10
fitinwell:

Haaha dis list is outdated .. mot correct

NGN flag suppose to lead the country...

We have about 58 days public holiday excluding NLC strikes

You sabi wetin NGN mean so?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by CluelessMODS: 10:41am On Apr 10
MrProlific95:
That means we should increase our own to 13,

National day for CORNIFIED sycophants
Or national day for OBId!ots hypocrites!
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Akalia(m): 10:41am On Apr 10
DeOTR:

Everything is about government. Even if you can't do the right thing as a citizen, you still blame the government.
I've worked in an organization where staff members are drawn from 5 different countries. The Nigerian side has the lowest wage rate among them even below Indians. And the funniest thing is that, the CEO is a Nigerian.
We too like to take undue advantage of ourselves and blame the government for everything. How about everyone do the right thing first and see the ripple effect on the society?
You can't have good government when the people are bad and unpatriotic themselves. Till tomorrow, the quality of the government will always be a reflection of the people.
When the government set standards or precedents by formulating and implementing people-oriented policies and then compel people to adhere then we have a good thriving culture in the making. Nigerians are on survival mode-more like survival of the fittest mindset hence the unpatriotic behaviors and this is a direct result of lack of sound administrative performance on the part of the government.

Why I will always heap the brunt of the blame on those in government is because they are in charge of vast resources at their disposal to make significant impact more than individual quota from common citizens.

The reason Nigerians are unruly is because the system headed by unruly politicians is in disarray. Get my point?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Cantonese: 10:41am On Apr 10
Aside from the national holidays, I medians also observe by state. There are too many public holidays in India.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Raylight2(m): 10:46am On Apr 10
99thEnemy:

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/list-countries-with-highest-number-of-public-holidays/
if you say Nigeria has 11 public holidays, why omit it from the list?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Honestey: 10:49am On Apr 10
Not in the list,my country always get busy to perfect deals in the office hmmm
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by OriOko88(m): 10:54am On Apr 10
Lazy journalism. I was expecting to see the list of those holidays one by one in all these countries mentioned. Nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by BuyMeBanger: 10:56am On Apr 10
folks4luv:

Lol. There should be 'haha' button on Nairaland. Victory indeed😂😂😂
STOP PLEASE!🤣🤣🤣

As soon as I saw the topic I knew this would be another list our fellow Nairalanders would be dissapointed to not see our nation on. wink

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Magnetic010: 10:58am On Apr 10
rockog:
You are not serious... which administration
You should at least see the humor in my post
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Magnetic010: 11:00am On Apr 10
gtown:

Since your expectations ended with disappointment, ...you sound defeated and sad. Maybe, you can go have a hug with any nearby transformer to quench your sadness.
So you couldn't see the humor in this post? It is well..
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Ajofiapero(m): 11:05am On Apr 10
Number of days wey dem dey observe sit at home for East Don pass d highest record holders.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by 99thEnemy(m): 11:05am On Apr 10
Raylight2:
if you say Nigeria has 11 public holidays, why omit it from the list?
Ask PunchNg.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by damoobaba: 11:09am On Apr 10
Blossomcresty:
It's every story that's makes frontpage this days

Go and create your own forum where no story will make frontpage.
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 11:10am On Apr 10
Timoleon:

They are more than 20 days with the pattern we use..but the holiday itself is 11.

Most of our holidays are often celebrated over two days.
Thanks for that clarity Chief. I get the point
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:11am On Apr 10
USA don't even give holiday for Easter
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by achorladey: 11:18am On Apr 10
Without opening the thread I know it will be dominated by Asian countries. When you come across their calendar once you go understand
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by fitinwell: 11:31am On Apr 10
99thEnemy:

You sabi wetin NG mean so?
E mean 100th enemies
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Nyanabo(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10
Na lie Nigeria own plenty. Just for this eid how many days did they give? 3 and they later added one more day. Easter 2 days Christmas 2 days. May / About day June 12, October 1st. Christmas day Boxing day, New year day most times 2 days and other big and lesser eid celebrations. E pass 11days abeg. E reach 20
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by Lolz419: 12:30pm On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am
Better victory😂
Dey will add it among their achievements

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by donmik: 12:54pm On Apr 10
Magnetic010:
I was expecting Nigeria to be around second or third....I guess this one too is a victory for the administration Abi how you see am

Victory for who when your country starve pass ppl who don't have what you have
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by mignone(f): 1:26pm On Apr 10
MALLEOLUS2017:
Do you mean to tell me that Nigerian public holidays are not up to 11days
Mehn at least I'm enlightened by this thread. Ordinarily one would think Nigerian public holidays are up to 20days with the way holidays are declared.
Nigeria's is about 14/15
Muslim
Fitri - 2/3 (extended to 3days a few times now)
Kabir - 2
Maulud - 1
Total - 5/6

Christian
Easter - 2
Christmas-2
Total - 4

National
New year - 1
May day - 1
Democracy day - 1
Independence day- 1
Total - 4

Some northern states: Islamic New year
Some SW states: Iṣęṣe day - Aug. 20

1 Like

Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by mignone(f): 1:26pm On Apr 10
Nyanabo:
Na lie Nigeria own plenty. Just for this eid how many days did they give? 3 and they later added one more day. Easter 2 days Christmas 2 days. May / About day June 12, October 1st. Christmas day Boxing day, New year day most times 2 days and other big and lesser eid celebrations. E pass 11days abeg. E reach 20
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by vexing(m): 1:54pm On Apr 10
Dbestbrest:
Our public holiday in Nigeria are as follows assuming they all fall into working days:-
1. January 1 - New Year day - 1 day
2. Good Friday and resurrection Monday - 2 days
3. Eid- el-filtri - 2 days or 3 days maximum if holiday declared before sighting the moon.
4. Democracy and June 12 days - 2 days
5. Sallah day - 2 days
6. October 1 - Independence day - 1 day
7. Mohammed's birthday - 1 day
8. Christmas - 2 days
Total = 13 or 14 days in a year
What about May 1st, workers day?
Re: Countries With Highest Number Of Public Holidays by goshen26: 3:06pm On Apr 10
No one will complain extension since it's Muslim, but if it's other religions MURIC lone director would av started talking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Herbert Were Beheads His Brother So As To Join Illuminati / Twitter: Elon Musk Given 24 Hours To Address Graphic Images Of Hamas Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.