Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,622 members, 7,813,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool (15519 Views)

20 Oyo Princes Jostle For Vacant Alaafin Stool / Ladoja Finally Affirms Lekan Balogun As Next Olubadan / Olubadan And Traditional Chiefs Fight Over Masquerade Directive In Ibadan.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Kukutenla: 10:54am On Apr 11
cyrusmillz:

Bro, there is an age-long tradition that has been passed down from generations. If the olubadan designate is not fit for the throne, there is a person next in line
When has that happened that the Olubadan designate was declared not fit for the throne

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Raf4: 10:55am On Apr 11
MT:

Thank you for this .

I now understand clearly what is going on.

Each person is fighting for his selfish ambition.

Exactly.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Raf4: 11:19am On Apr 11
FreeStuffsNG:

Please what did he do or say wrong? That you are in majority doesn't mean that you are right. Some people just do follow follow without a mind of their own. I have not seen anything wrong in his position. He is not a pushover and you need a superior argument to defeat him not blackmail nau. Haba

The blackmailer and mischievous one here is Ajibola, the otun balogun, who wants to upsurp Olakulehin. He wants to becomes Olubadan without waiting for his time.
Olakulehin is not the first or only next in line to be stricken in age b4 being crowned Olubadan.
It happened to Yesufu Oloyed Asanke (90+), Emmanuel Adeyemo Operinde1 (89yrs), Samuel Odugade Osunlana (93yrs) etc before they became Olubadan and they reigned for 12, 6 & 9 years respectively.

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by adioolayi(m): 11:35am On Apr 11
Raf4:

You need to do proper research b4 coming to public to provide inaccurate submissions.

1. Oba Ogundipe Arapasowu came from Balogun line not Otun line as you mentioned here. He succeeded Oba Emmanuel Adeyemo from Otun line.
2. Oba Samuel Osunlana, who succeeded Ogundipe,was from Otun line, not Balogun as you stated.
3. Both Omiyale and Omowale Kuye were juniors to Osunlana. They were only seniors to Aje Ogunguniso, but they both died early to pave way for omo Aje Ogunguniso to become Olubadan.

It has never happened in the history of Ibadan that they moved from one lineage to another because the next in line died before coronation. Even if the next in line dies b4 coronation, the next most senior in that same lineage will be promoted and then crowned the Olubadan.

The 2nd in command of Olubadan is Otun Olubadan and Balogun of Ibadan land.

An Otun Balogun or Osi Olubadan CANNOT become Olubadan before the two. It's not possible
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Raf4: 11:46am On Apr 11
adioolayi:

Na...they were Odulana seniors...
Both were Otun and Balogun to Arapasowu.

Odulana became Olubadan because both died before installation after the death of Arapasowu.

https://guardian.ng/features/death-of-olubadan-in-waiting-alters-ascendancy-process-in-ibadan-kingdom/

If you read the link you attached very well, you will understand that Omiyale from Balogin line was to succeed Odulana from Otun line. But his death paved way for Omo Aje Ogunguniso from the same Balogun line to become Olubadan. It was never shifted to Otun line.
Lekan Balogun succeeded Omowale Kuye as Otun Olubadan, and eventually became Olubadan in place of Kuye from the same Otun line.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Raf4: 11:59am On Apr 11
adioolayi:

The 2nd in command of Olubadan is Otun Olubadan and Balogun of Ibadan land.

An Otun Balogun or Osi Olubadan CANNOT become Olubadan before the two. It's not possible

You're right. Both Otun and Balogun are 2nd in command to Olubadan.
But if a current Olubadan is from Balogun line the de facto 2-i-C and next in line will be current Otun, while current Balogun will be the head of Balogun line. In this case, the next Olubadan must strictly come from Otun line.
If the current Olubadan is from Otun line, the de facto 2-i-C and next in line will be current Balogun, while current Otun will be head of Otun line. In this case, the next Olubadan must strictly come from Balogun line.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by obaidan: 12:04pm On Apr 11
drawingbook:
Thats where the problem is. It is the turn of a line not a person. If the senior person from that line is not available, does the line forfeit its turn or they go with the most senior person from the same line?

Na weytin ladoja no want be ds.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by adioolayi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 11
Raf4:

If you read the link you attached very well, you will understand that Omiyale from Balogin line was to succeed Odulana from Otun line. But his death paved way for Omo Aje Ogunguniso from the same Balogun line to become Olubadan. It was never shifted to Otun line.
Lekan Balogun succeeded Omowale Kuye as Otun Olubadan, and eventually became Olubadan in place of Kuye from the same Otun line.

Oba Aje Ogungunniso wouldn't have become an Olubadan ahead of Kuye...with the demise of Omiyale.
Either would have been Olubadan ahead of him.

There is no double promotion...you can't jump a line
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Raf4: 1:34pm On Apr 11
adioolayi:

Oba Aje Ogungunniso wouldn't have become an Olubadan ahead of Kuye...with the demise of Omiyale.
Either would have been Olubadan ahead of him.

There is no double promotion...you can't jump a line

My point is that after Olubadan Odulana from Otun side, the next in line was Balogun side and that was what happened in the case of Aje Ogunguniso, who eventually became Olubadan from Balogun line. They didn't cross to Otun line to pick Olubadan because of deaths of his seniors in the same Balogun line. If Kuye (Otun) hadn't died, it would still not have stopped Aje Ogunguniso from becoming Olubadan because it was the turn of Balogun line.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by adioolayi(m): 1:38pm On Apr 11
Raf4:

My point is that after Olubadan Odulana from Otun side, the next in line was Balogun side and that was what happened in the case of Aje Ogunguniso, who eventually became Olubadan from Balogun line. They didn't cross to Otun line to pick Olubadan because of deaths of his seniors in the same Balogun line. If Kuye (Otun) hadn't died, it would still not have stopped Aje Ogunguniso from becoming Olubadan because it was the turn of Balogun line.

May God grant High Chief Olakulehin longevity and perfect health.

I would have loved this to be tested again...and we will see if the next Olubadan would have been the Otun Olubadan Oladoja or the Otun Balogun who is next in Balogun line after Olakunleyin.

Let's stop the back and forth.

Ilu Ibadan a gbe gbogbo wa o

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by LegendHero(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11
DMerciful:
LegendHero,

Are you not from Ibadan, why are you not commenting?

Oh, because Obi was not mentioned? grin

I be IB boy.

No mind me. I no sabi wetin to talk ni.

They all know they must follow the tradition and the new Olubadan must assume that mantle. Ladoja only reiterated what everybody knew already.

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by illicit(m): 2:13pm On Apr 11
Time will tell
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by bull67: 2:33pm On Apr 11
davies:
On the Olubadan designate and stool, I stand with Cheif Rashidi Ladoja.
Only God can determine who becomes king and how long he will last on the throne.

The Olubadan kingship can be a ceremonial throne, it doesn't allow two kings wear crown in the Olubadan palace. That is a binding rule that shouldn't be tampered with.
ajimobi created all this wahala
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by PHAYOL81: 3:43pm On Apr 11
Seems the position of the chiefs varies. I hope the oncoming king have a lasting reign even though some antagonists may have to be appeased one way or another.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by unitysheart(m): 3:45pm On Apr 11
drawingbook:
Thats where the problem is. It is the turn of a line not a person. If the senior person from that line is not available, does the line forfeit its turn or they go with the most senior person from the same line?

Yes. It leaves that line.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by unitysheart(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11
emmanbol:

Based on my knowledge, The olubadan is not by line or family, it is by your rank. It starts when you become a magaji, then you start to rise.

So, if someone is unfit, I think they will pick d next in rank.

There is a military and civil line. Yes, you rise through the ranks but the different lines take turns to become Lubadan.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by unitysheart(m): 3:47pm On Apr 11
Difrent:

Even if Olakulehin will not be king, the next king will come from the same line too. So baba Ladoja should rest.
Yes he is the person that will nominate the Olubadan designate as the head of the line that's not producing Olubadan

NO
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by jabor4Naija(m): 4:37pm On Apr 11
FreeStuffsNG:
The Olubadan has been his ultimate ambition and joined the queue decades even before he became a Governor. The Olubadan is his ultimate prize.

It's almost his time but not yet his turn. He will one day become the Olubadan and it will be historic because that will be the first time that a former democratically- elected Governor will become the Olubadan if not the first time a former democratically- elected Governor becomes a First Class Oba in Nigeria.

His position is clear enough that you can not have any other crown in Ibadan apart from the Olubadan and he rejected the crown the Governor gave him while other high chiefs collected it.

Thank you for taking your time to explain this in details, I didn't know. Thank you so much, now I have learned something today

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Difrent: 8:10pm On Apr 11
Kukutenla:

This is a lie. Ladoja is ready to pronounce Olakulehin as the designate.
It is the other guys on Balogun line that want it delayed for selfish reasons
It's a lie , Ladoja initially stalled claiming the other Obas didn't attend the meeting he called.
Baba is just being unnecessarily paranoid and thinks the reforms is aimed at him which is far from the truth
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Kukutenla: 8:27pm On Apr 11
Difrent:

It's a lie , Ladoja initially stalled claiming the other Obas didn't attend the meeting he called.
Baba is just being unnecessarily paranoid and thinks the reforms is aimed at him which is far from the truth
What reforms are you referring to self

Ladoja as tradition demands called a meeting of the chiefs and only few attended yet you're blaming him for stalling

1 Like

Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Difrent: 5:10am On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

What reforms are you referring to self

Ladoja as tradition demands called a meeting of the chiefs and only few attended yet you're blaming him for stalling

The reforms of the Olubadan stool.
He thinks it's targeted at him but it isn't.
He refused the reforms during Ajimobi lying that it's because Ajimobi initiated it and got Makinde to do his bidding then.
Then the Olubadan in council revisited the reforms and made recommendation to Makinde, still he refused any reforms but by this time he has no leverage on Makinde again and lost out.
Baba is just making trouble where there is none.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Difrent: 5:12am On Apr 12
unitysheart:

Yes. It leaves that line.

And the other line will just be looking, una see why reforms is necessary. Baba Ladoja should allow the reforms stay, they are not targeted at him
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by BALLOSKI: 5:51am On Apr 12
Difrent:

Even if Olakulehin will not be king, the next king will come from the same line too. So baba Ladoja should rest.
Yes he is the person that will nominate the Olubadan designate as the head of the line that's not producing Olubadan
They'd definitely pick from the line of the bedridden Olubadan designate if he dies? If by virtue of his health, he doesn't stay long or couldn't ascend the throne, it moves to the next line. Simple!

I'd really want to see Ladoja on that throne.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Difrent: 5:58am On Apr 12
BALLOSKI:

I'd really want to see Ladoja on that throne.

So that others can make the trouble he is making now for him too.
He has not been going for meetings so if he becomes Olubadan who will attend his meetings?
The man no even know the implications of what he is doing. No be everything you go dey show say you stubborn and you are not even a saint.
If God wish he will become Olubadan but he should calm down. What if he gets there and die the next day..... haven't you heard of an Olubadan that was announced as a designated and died before his coronation.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by cyrusmillz: 1:37pm On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

When has that happened that the Olubadan designate was declared not fit for the throne

I don't think I've heard it before, I'm only saying , since there's a procedure , if he's not fit or doesn't want to , then the next in line should ascend , since there are laid down rules.
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Kukutenla: 2:29pm On Apr 12
cyrusmillz:

I don't think I've heard it before, I'm only saying , since there's a procedure , if he's not fit or doesn't want to , then the next in line should ascend , since there are laid down rules.
If he doesn't want to, the next in line will be Ladojafrom the civil line not the Balogun line

The olubadan ascending is in order of seniority not just line
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by RealLordZeus(m): 8:56am On Apr 13
Odidigboigbo:
Let's assumed that Baba Olakunlehin is bed ridden, does that mean that Ibadan will remain without a King or the kingship should be given to another person while he is still alive? Have a deep retrospect of this and put yourself in the shoe of Baba and his children. There is an adage in my place that says "good night, no one knows who will be awake before the other" . There is possibly of those that are saying Baba is bed ridden to die before Baba; I have seen it happen and it might likely happen again.

Exactly what an elderly friend told me yesterday but still my position remain the same..
Re: Ladoja Faults The Position Of Some Ibadan Chiefs On Olubadan Stool by Johnn78: 9:39pm On Apr 20
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Kiliwi Nwachukwu? Is He Real Or Just A Folklore? / Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Security Agencies To Arrest Any Hate-Preacher / Linguistic Diversity In Nigeria: A Blessing Or Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.