Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money (51970 Views)

Herbalist Attempts Revival Rituals On Jnr Pope By River Niger / Ritualist: Suspected Group Of Boys Performs Ritual By River Side (video) / Baby Mama Kemi Ayorinde: Lyta Can't Afford ₦13k Balloons For Son Aari's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by crismark(m): 9:56am On Apr 12
Dumb Nigerians.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by AareGaa: 9:57am On Apr 12
Berankis:

I guess it is an African custom to bury people that died in water beside it. Lagos State Government also buried tens of people that died in Oke Afa Canal in Ire-Akari Lagos beside the canal. I don't believe anyone would confiscate corpse because of money to be paid for rites. Then, I may be wrong, this is just my understanding.

LASG only erected a monument at Oke Afa

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Nato008(m): 9:58am On Apr 12
[quote author=Offpoint1 post=129394923] It's custom to be buried by the riverside if you drown were I'm from.
No sacrifice can't be made, you can conduct burial anywhere else but body has to be buried by the riverside.

What kinda sacrifice are they demanding 150k? [/quotle]
Actually it depends on who is involved or u think u will try this with people with power and influence....or someone who's family has means Omo forget ur culture can't be mandating on another person, the same way u have urs is how others do....so what of if the person's culture demands he be buried at home

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Bananapill: 10:00am On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDkpyH8pic

nlfpmod mukina2

There are some villages you don't bury their children outside. If you do, then, the indigenes of the place the burial will start facing problems. Some villages strong pass others irrespective of whether na water the person die.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by hardbody: 10:00am On Apr 12
ogascomax:
Some of you won't talk now. It's okay by you but when it has to do with a pastor and a church you will see it as been awkward. This is absolutely nonsense. Some people were busy saying give Caeser what belongs to Caesar. Did Jesus made that statement for such matters of making sacrifices to idols or whatever spirit in the water. All powers are subjected to the Church, the body of Christ ( Our Lord Jesus Christ). Carelessness killed them, lack of safety awareness and precautions killed them. If they wore safety wears they would all be alive. Traditions have lied to us in the past but if not because of science we would have thought that some death were cost be the gods of the land not knowing that they were exposed to killer things.

Is it ok to ask you to shut up? This is human death and bereavement we are discussing here

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Nato008(m): 10:02am On Apr 12
Slimplush:
In my village,if you died by drowning..they are definitely burying the body close to the river,,no 2 way about this bt you aint doing no ritual or paying any shishi to get the body buried
And if the person is not from ur village or state.....will u force the family to bury them there

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Love56743: 10:04am On Apr 12
ogascomax:
Some of you won't talk now. It's okay by you but when it has to do with a pastor and a church you will see it as been awkward. This is absolutely nonsense. Some people were busy saying give Caeser what belongs to Caesar. Did Jesus made that statement for such matters of making sacrifices to idols or whatever spirit in the water. All powers are subjected to the Church, the body of Christ ( Our Lord Jesus Christ). Carelessness killed them, lack of safety awareness and precautions killed them. If they wore safety wears they would all be alive. Traditions have lied to us in the past but if not because of science we would have thought that some death were cost be the gods of the land not knowing that they were exposed to killer things.

Yeah all powers belongs to God but as a Christian if you are not spiritual strong enough you can't challenge the devil, majority of us Christian don't have the power to command the Devil because of our sins..

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by flexyrule(m): 10:06am On Apr 12
santaclaws:

You're right. But no be "the people" dey collect allocation. . .
Who con dey collect am?
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by fortune1968: 10:09am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

I know just understand this kind plan.

I also wonder o !
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Iykoto86(m): 10:10am On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Bros ,this one off de provoke i swear.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by opeyemisheun(m): 10:13am On Apr 12
Priority issues here

You raised #310,000 and need over #150,000 for sacrifice to enable the body to be taken back to Akwa Ibom. You could have paid for the sacrifice and transport the body to Akwa Ibom. What are the parent coming to Asaba for. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by DrAda(f): 10:13am On Apr 12
Again, what in the world is going on in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Candreva: 10:14am On Apr 12
Getting buried by the river side is arant nonsense. People who died in water from other parts of the world don't get buried by the river side. It only happens in a country which most of its cultural principles and beliefs stem from a place of abject poverty.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by AngelicBeing: 10:20am On Apr 12
sad
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by shegra58: 10:20am On Apr 12
omoredia:
It shall never be well with all Emi lo kan rodents.
what is emilokan have to do with this
You Sha refuse to have sense wink
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by AngelicBeing: 10:22am On Apr 12
Love56743:

Yeah all powers belongs to God but as a Christian if you are not spiritual strong enough you can't challenge the devil, majority of us Christian don't have the power to command the Devil because of our sins..
Hian,

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by WorldRichest: 10:26am On Apr 12
omoredia:
It shall never be well with all Emi lo kan rodents.

I am surprised that you are cursing your generations yet unborn on the internet. As you have prayed for your generations yet unborn, so shall it be in Jesus name
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Dexy4yah(m): 10:28am On Apr 12
ericmor:

Go and listen to running by biggie and pack. The chorus says it all
I will download the song

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Bloomfrancs03(m): 10:30am On Apr 12
Omo I know that guy wey dey record with him phone. Jesus. This life is too short.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by davillian(m): 10:46am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. What kind of Planning is this ? How them go chatter taxi to bring the parents to Asaba for #180k. There are better private transport companies that can offer lesser price with good comfort.

..you guys were able to raise #310,000, Abeg, how much remain to complete the amount to cover for both the sacrifice and corpse Ambulance conveyance ?

They failed in the planning of the whole thing...
Why transport the parents via taxi.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Mitsurugi(m): 10:53am On Apr 12
henrimoto:

I'm surprised too. Besides why ferry the parents over when a predominant aspect of our culture is that the parents aren't supposed to see the corpse of their kids or witness their burial

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Laughthem: 10:56am On Apr 12
NwekeUG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeDkpyH8pic

nlfpmod mukina2

Some people are just stupid why don't you use the money to transport her to where she will be buried and get the sacrifice done, after all you have listed here there's no dime from your own pocket but na U dey collect here and there who knows if you even remited all the money collected.... U come online dey post rubbish

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by InvertedHammer: 10:58am On Apr 12
/
The family is very poor but they wanted to charter a taxi for N180k. I am sure a seat in a Rivers of Joy Sienna bus from Akwaibom to Onitsha won't cost up to N10k per person.

/

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by udy4real(m): 11:05am On Apr 12
I don't understand why they spent so much on transportation and other things instead of paying off the 150k for the sacrifice then pay for ambulance to take her home,before looking for money for other things

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Felaincarnated: 11:07am On Apr 12
Ogun kee dat ya papa
Sirianese:

.Clean your papa mouth mumu
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Apr 12
santaclaws:
I doubt the authenticity of this story. If this is true, that means the riverine community where they died basically held their corpses to ransom... In a country with a government? 😧

How can we be sure that the community doesn't connive to drown outsiders as a form of sacrifice to their "river goddess" cos what the heck is going on? 🤷🏾‍♂️
They probably thought since the story has gone viral they can make money off it but no one is having it, the are now toe bare the burden of looking fru where she was buried each passing day!
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Emyogalanya: 11:12am On Apr 12
Tranquillity360:
Why don't people that died by road accident buried beside road,I don't believe all this nonsense talk of must buried beside river.

Anyway grave is grave.

RIP to her
My brother the thing Tire me o. It means everyone should be buried near where they died. those who died in Swiming pool, hotel, church , party school ; road , airplane , electric pole , transformer, hospital. Market. Etc

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by BabaRamota1980: 11:22am On Apr 12
May her soul rest in peace!

Nigerians, there is something called life insurance. While alive, you pay into a savings subscription that serves as a emergency fund to help your next of kin to manage after your death. Particularly if you are the income earner, at your death, that income will stop coming. Your people have been dependent on it in your lifetime, now at death their situation will change. To help them cushion this change, an insurance payout is very helpful. If you love and cherish your family you should make this provision available for them while living. The payout helps offset cost of burial and other expenses.

My brothers & sisters, please, abeg you, look into buying a life insurance for you and your dependents, and if possible your parents. Not everyone can afford it, but if you can...do it now!
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by vikiphy89(m): 11:23am On Apr 12
mastermaestro:
Mumu family that cannot use a simple magistrate court order to invalidate that stupid tradition. Make una Getat jor! A country where there is a constitution and an elected government? Dumb family members and friends! angry
You are the dumb one here
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by Austin4lif: 11:24am On Apr 12
santaclaws:

they are not forcing you to do the ritual or not to carry the dead body but carry it and see what will happen to the family . Govt can not do anything in this situation.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by LordIsaac(m): 11:28am On Apr 12
santaclaws:

Nigeria is a lawless country. It only favors the rich.
Re: Makeup Artist Buried By River Bank As Her Parent Can't Afford Sacrifice Money by vikiphy89(m): 11:28am On Apr 12
blamingthedevil:
South East is a cursed region

... still doing sacrifice in 21 century...no wonder they are backward
Una don stop to do diety for Yoruba land?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Steps Out Without Makeup (photos) / Regina Daniels In Bikini For Her 16th Birthday Shoot (photos) / Woman Spotted Spraying Flavour $100 Bills At An Event (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.