Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg (36285 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote / Russia's Ruble Is the World's Best Performing Currency / Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by predictor1: 3:02pm On Apr 12
sunboy:

While I agree with many things that you wrote, I disagree that you picked Iran as a case study. Next time stick to Argentina, Venezuela, Lebanon and Zimbabwe. Those countries are not under any sanctions but Iran is doing very good at managing things in the face of harsh sanctions for decades.

Iran and Cuba will be prosperous if the sanctions on them are not there. Iran can’t even sell its produce open like Nigeria or Venezuela could.
Another angle. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by sunboy(m): 3:06pm On Apr 12
WantsandMore:
You want floated naira back to the same rate it was being subsidized? Well it's possible

Obi will make it possible for them when he win in 2040 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LegendHero(m): 3:11pm On Apr 12
DMerciful:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/02/naira-defence-to-cost-cbn-n1-01-trillion-in-interest-rates-from-q1-ntb-auctions/

You see why I say “Obi supporters” don’t have critical reasoning? Let me educate you.

—Treasury bills counts towards Nigeria foreign reserves.
—The same guy “Sam Tunji” that wrote this nonsense blog post retracted his steps and did another report the next day where he stated that Nigeria spent treasury bills to repay back ways and means.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/09/fg-spends-n4-83-trillion-from-bonds-treasury-bills-to-settle-borrowing-from-cbn/

—The report he initially gave from your link is the same sensational news the guy wrote. It’s fake news.

—They dip hand into the treasury bills and that affected our foreign reserve. There is different from naira defense.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by DMerciful(m): 3:18pm On Apr 12
The first news is the correct one before threat and brown envelopes
LegendHero:

You see why I say “Obi supporters” don’t have critical reasoning? Let me educate you.

—Treasury bills counts towards Nigeria foreign reserves.
—The same guy “Sam Tunji” that wrote this nonsense blog post retracted his steps and did another report the next day where he stated that Nigeria spent treasury bills to repay back ways and means.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/09/fg-spends-n4-83-trillion-from-bonds-treasury-bills-to-settle-borrowing-from-cbn/

—The report he initially gave from your link is the same sensational news the guy wrote. It’s fake news.

—They dip hand into the treasury bills and that affected our foreign reserve. There is different from naira defense.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by predictor1: 3:21pm On Apr 12
DMerciful:
Threats? grin Most of you people are just silly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by LegendHero(m): 3:22pm On Apr 12
DMerciful:

Lol 😂

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by gtown: 3:27pm On Apr 12
richie240:
Good news!
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!

You better change the dollazz u are hugging like a teddy bear to naira now to avoid stories that touch.
Nor say I nor warn you o.
cool
Do you think that hater has ever seen Dollar talk less of having it?
Good news about Nigeria is always a pain to those emergency lovers of Nigeria.
They are called children of hate for they are hate-filled in their hearts for anything Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by gtown: 3:28pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:
Kudos to Yemi Cardoso.

According to Bloomberg, Naira is the best performing currency in the world for the month of April.

Cardoso should fire on until it comes to a record low. Wale Edun should step up his game on the fiscal side too to competent the monetary side.

To the saboteurs who are shouting “Keep your dollar close”, you will suffer for 1000 years when that dollar in your hand become worthless because the value has decrease 100% of what you got it.
Ameen

4 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by DMerciful(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12
I know you're still young so i forgive your ignorance of how things work
predictor1:
Threats? grin Most of you people are just silly.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by predictor1: 3:35pm On Apr 12
DMerciful:
I know you're still young so i forgive your ignorance of how things work
Your ignorance was busted as usual. You are old and stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:40pm On Apr 12
They don go buy Bloomberg for their propagandas grin Trying to deceive investors..

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by blamingthedevil: 3:58pm On Apr 12
DMerciful:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/02/naira-defence-to-cost-cbn-n1-01-trillion-in-interest-rates-from-q1-ntb-auctions/

This is how I know you don't know what you are saying. You just read jargons from an author that is Olodo. How does TB auctions has any thing to do with dollars, but money market instrument. The author even said trillion NAIRA, not dollars grin grin .Three weeks ago, Canadian dollar was N1,213. Today, it is N715. Pounds was N2,105, today, it is N1,300. I'm just telling you so that you don't think Naira is fighting only USD. Is govt subsidizing other all currencies?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Wainey: 3:59pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

216-28 that's 188 difference.

1200-216 that's how much Agbadorian?
I don't even want to mention the 1950 ATH you guys took it too.
you are not fair, the naira increased by 7.5 during PDP and increased by 5.6 during APC.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by nairalanda1(m): 4:02pm On Apr 12
Manufactured goods and services.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by cococandy(f): 4:06pm On Apr 12
Lol
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 4:06pm On Apr 12
Bloomberg on colos

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by 1gbdata: 4:06pm On Apr 12
hmnmm
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Honestey: 4:07pm On Apr 12
Same Bloomberg that predicted Obi winning the election? I can see the similarities
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 4:08pm On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

N216 to a dollar where the APC met it as at 2015

I share this photo for free.

I'm just a mention away, just in case.

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by gabbasin: 4:10pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

PDP met it at N28 in 1999. Why did they left it at N216?

it was N89 to a dollar when Obasanjo take over in 1999
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by DJInfluence: 4:10pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

grin I can't argue with this reverse argument. grin
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Winning123: 4:10pm On Apr 12
Dear Father we thank you. Indeed you are prayer answering God. Take all the glory in Jesus mighty name amen
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by israelmao(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12
APC promised $1 to N1 in 2015.N1 and N1200 are not mates.Bloomberg has been the foreign face of Emilokan since the time of his presidential campaign.
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by kestolove95(m): 4:11pm On Apr 12
Another hrtbrk for ellupee

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by seeme2(f): 4:12pm On Apr 12
Check on your Obidient friends make dem no go kpai for heart ache. Useless people.

Nigeria is winning. 🇳🇬
God bless Nigeria
God bless the NW, NE, MB, SW and SS.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by PointZerom: 4:12pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

Where's the change you promised?
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by CartelKenneth: 4:12pm On Apr 12
After buying bottle water 200 Maira today
Clowns🤡
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Ofunaofu: 4:12pm On Apr 12
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

I share this photo for free.

I'm just a mention away, just in case.

Thank you

APC must take us to this era

1 Like

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Konquest: 4:12pm On Apr 12
blamingthedevil:

*Goldman Sees Nigerian Naira Extending World-Beating Rally
*Naira is globe’s best performing currency this month
*Rebound follows steep decline caused by two devaluations

Nigeria’s naira could extend gains that have already made it the best-performing currency in the world this month, said a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. economist — provided policymakers stay on track.

The naira has rallied 12% against the dollar in April, adding to its 14% surge in March. Capital inflows and interest rate increases are helping it to retrace steep losses caused by two devaluations since June after the government loosened currency controls.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-12/usd-ngn-nigerian-naira-could-extend-rally-to-below-1000-dollar-goldman-sachs?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by ceejayluv(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12
It was the worst performing in February...
Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by NinjaMetahuman: 4:16pm On Apr 12
Lizzysamuel:

It seems you're in the land of dead when it reached 1900. That's 8x

Born liar.
naira stayed at 1900 for less than a week, so we should continue to use 1900 as benchmark because you want to be stupid?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg by Lexicon123: 4:17pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:
Kudos to Yemi Cardoso.

According to Bloomberg, Naira is the best performing currency in the world for the month of April.

Cardoso should fire on until it comes to a record low. Wale Edun should step up his game on the fiscal side too to complement the monetary side.

To the saboteurs who are shouting “Keep your dollar close”, you will suffer for 1000 years when that dollar in your hand become worthless because the value has decrease 100% of what you got it.
very good point on Wale Edun needing to up his game. I really haven’t seen any traction from the fiscal end. Depending only on monetary policies is unsustainable in the medium to long term.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How Can I Invest My 100k This January? / Muhammadu Buhari International Market, Karu, Nasarawa State To Be Commissioned / Alakija Dragged On Twitter After Saying She Accepted Her oil well by "Faith"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.