Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone (20473 Views)

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods / Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Lightning Kills Germany Returnee In Ebonyi Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12
Nigerian Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone

Some policemen on mufti have extorted N100,000 from a Nigerian returnee from Cyprus, Rahmon Olamilekan Adekunle, at the tunnel in Berger linking Magodo, Lagos State.

Adekunle, who contacted SaharaReporters shortly after the "robbery" by the Nigerian police officers, explained that incident happened while he was taking his girlfriend who had exam in the morning to school.

He said that the policemen who were on mufti accosted him around some minutes to 7am, at the tunnel in Berger linking Magodo.

"They forcefully took my phone, after going through my phone, they discovered that I just returned to Nigeria; they forced me to transfer the sum of N100,000 to a Point of Sale (POS) operator.

"My girlfriend has an examination to take this morning and already they have seized my phone and I don't have any means to reach out to any of my family members or even the police authorities. So I had to transfer the N100,000 to a POS Operator there, which I don't know whether they came with the person.

"Because I don't want my girl to miss her exam, I had to pay the money and continue my journey. I have contacted the state Police Public Relations Officer SP Benjamin Hundeyin but he did not pick up his calls. I also sent him a text message but he is yet to respond.

"As I speak to you I don't know which station they (policemen) came from."

Meanwhile, SaharaReporters' efforts to speak with the State Police Public Relations Officer SP Benjamin Hundeyin, were unsuccessful as he simply said "Please I am busy and can't talk now."

As at the time of filing this report he was yet respond to a text message inquiry on the incident.

http://saharareporters.com/2024/04/12/nigerian-policemen-extort-n100000-cyprus-returnee-lagos-after-seizing-his-phone

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52pm On Apr 12
Nigerian Police Refund N100,000 Extorted From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After SaharaReporters' Story
April 12, 2024
NEWS

The refund is coming after SaharaReporters reported that the policemen on mufti extorted N100,000 from Adekunle, in the morning hours when he was taking his girlfriend to school.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/12/nigerian-police-refund-n100000-extorted-cyprus-returnee-lagos-after-saharareporters

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by dominique(f): 6:45am On Apr 13
Are you sure these are not armed robbers pretending to be policemen? They were in plainclothesmen, they didn't identify themselves so how did you conclude they were police?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by emnite(m): 7:17am On Apr 13
It's well sha na wetin Una encouraged be this.

The story no clear why will they take your phone and go through it then demand for 100k wetin you do and why them asked for hindred thousand?

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by 2shure: 7:17am On Apr 13
Mine was 90k 2years back and they slapped me when I challenged them,seized my car keys,laid all sorts of allegations at me,refused to open my phone,after 7 heavy slaps I was forced to open my phone. They tagged me an armed robber,a yahoo boy,an igbo smoker,despite having cigarette on me.men npf are doomed for life. I eas extorted 90k.from 500k.delayed for 4hours.phones seized,Stripped to my boxers....I was helpless till pos came to my rescue.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by bigl: 7:59am On Apr 13
dominique:
Are you sure these are not armed robbers pretending to be policemen? They were in plainclothesmen, they didn't identify themselves so how did you conclude they were police?

E be like say u no know how e dey go for that area

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by kereman1: 8:33am On Apr 13
dominique:

So u don't know that most officers are armed robber

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Waterlilly: 3:43pm On Apr 13
Greed is one of the ugliest emotions humans have to deal with

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Chrisrare: 3:43pm On Apr 13
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by koxi: 3:43pm On Apr 13
Naija police na scammers

7 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by LaSenior: 3:46pm On Apr 13
cheesy
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Brandon54(m): 3:46pm On Apr 13
Nigerians police are part of the problem in Nigeria.. not all sha

12 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by SlavaUkraini: 3:48pm On Apr 13
2shure:
Mine was 90k 2years back and they slapped me when I challenged them,seized my car keys,laid all sorts of allegations at me,refused to open my phone,after 7 heavy slaps I was forced to open my phone. They tagged me an armed robber,a yahoo boy,an igbo smoker,despite having cigarette on me.men npf are doomed for life. I eas extorted 90k.from 500k.delayed for 4hours.phones seized,Stripped to my boxers....I was helpless till pos came to my rescue.

That is their mode of operation in the Mile 2 area also..

They would seize your phone and any bag you are carrying....

Asking you to open the phone and if you refuse, they would attempt to force you into their useless minibus 🚐🚐🚐...

If you escape that minibus, then off they go with your phone πŸ“± and other belongings...

Most of these Criminals in uniforms are from the Agboju and Alakija police station....

E nor go better for members of the NPF...

One by One dem go commit suicide or Unknown Gunmen and Bandits go kill them...

Useless people

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by maivd: 3:48pm On Apr 13
Police is not your friend I repeat police is not your friend.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Truth234(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13
dominique:

They have been identified and money refunded.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Skillsnigeria: 3:50pm On Apr 13
Hmmm
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by ecomalchemistt(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13
I always see police around that axis as if you’re driving into lagos Ibadan expressway.

Always looking drunk and smelling of marijuana.

They are the policemen at Isheri / Magodo axis.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by holluwizzy: 3:51pm On Apr 13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by jmoore(m): 3:51pm On Apr 13
9ja police is no 1 criminal organization in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by GOFRONT(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13
Then later, when Curses start to follow them, they d start to KILL SELF like the Maiduguri policemen.........

6 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13
The police is your friend, no? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Macphenson: 3:55pm On Apr 13
These are some of the reasons that prompted the ill fated End Sars protest. The Nigerian Police acting like criminals to citizens. The government should call them to order now before things degenerates.

MANNABBQGRILL.S come and call your friends to order now.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Cantonese: 3:59pm On Apr 13
Work done end.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Military0001: 3:59pm On Apr 13
Naija
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Realdeals(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13
Great it was refunded

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by kernniejay(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13
Imagine. Most of the so-called police men are legal touts and government empowered criminals. I don't pray my enemy encounter them for anything.

8 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Babamide(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13
Even Cyprus returnee dey use opay. Shows how our banks just like other sectors of the country are failing.
On a serious note, there is no difference between the NPF and armed robbers in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13
OLAADEGBU:
Nigerian Police Refund N100,000 Extorted From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After SaharaReporters' Story
April 12, 2024
NEWS

The refund is coming after SaharaReporters reported that the policemen on mufti extorted N100,000 from Adekunle, in the morning hours when he was taking his girlfriend to school.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/12/nigerian-police-refund-n100000-extorted-cyprus-returnee-lagos-after-saharareporters

Updates.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Who Breaks Into Shops To Steal Rods Caught & Chained In Delta(photos) / Police Arrests Sea Pirates In Bonny That Attacked 3 Boats Yesterday (Pics) / I’ve Just Opened Yahoo Mail To Be A Yahoo Boy Like You – Man Tells Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.