Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone (20491 Views)

IBD Dende Threatens to Kill Customs Officer for Seizing His Smuggled Goods / Undergraduate Slaughtered Girlfriend For Seizing His Phone In Ogun / Lightning Kills Germany Returnee In Ebonyi Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Raphael81(m): 4:07pm On Apr 13
The Nigerian police should be overhauled, new less corrupt blood should be recruited, and before recruiting anyone into the police force, critical psychological, psychiatric and background check should be done.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Jayhome24: 4:11pm On Apr 13
Oh my God but why our policemen these annoying for God sake?

You police no dey hear word or what? I think dismissal no longer enough punishment after dismissal I think minimum of 2 years sentence with no option of fine should be given.

Police wetin be una problem, na curse be dis or wht

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Babaken(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13
emnite:
It's well sha na wetin Una encouraged be this.

The story no clear why will they take your phone and go through it then demand for 100k wetin you do and why them asked for hindred thousand?
you sound like new come anything force in Nigeria be it police, custom , anyone force name it are sometime the nightmare we are scared of.

When I narrate my experience with Nigeria immigration last year some don't believe it.

When I was in benin city at upper lawani police will just come to drinking bar start arresting anybody they lay hands on for no reason saying you are a suspect it happened countless time sometimes they will chase you enter house at the end you will bail yourself for no reason 2,3 5k then. Is only God that will save Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by olisaEze(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13
Oh my NL why art thou so slow?? It is after Saharareporters has sent this viral and the money returned, that the first news is hitting here! Seun abeg leave twitter abi X and focus more here, biko! Your shop don dey leak water from roof laidis. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Caleb15(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13
J J C
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Caleb15(m): 4:27pm On Apr 13
Babaken:
you sound like new come anything force in Nigeria be it police, custom , anyone force name it are sometime the nightmare we are scared of.

When I narrate my experience with Nigeria immigration last year some don't believe it.

When I was in benin city at upper lawani police will just come to drinking bar start arresting anybody they lay hands on for no reason saying you are a suspect it happened countless time sometimes they will chase you enter house at the end you will bail yourself for no reason 2,3 5k then. Is only God that will save Nigeria.

Na inside burial ground their station dey
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:29pm On Apr 13
emnite:
It's well sha na wetin Una encouraged be this.

The story no clear why will they take your phone and go through it then demand for 100k wetin you do and why them asked for hindred thousand?
some of una just dey yarn like small pikin wey dem no dey allow waka go far at all

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by TUANKU(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13
Police is your friend...NOT.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by ruggedtimi(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13
olisaEze:
Oh my NL why art thou so slow?? It is after Saharareporters has sent this viral and the money returned, that the first news is hitting here! Seun abeg leave twitter abi X and focus more here, biko! Your shop don dey leak water from roof laidis. grin
is a forum..the mods have to verify the news before front page.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Everydaylove: 4:55pm On Apr 13
That's why that die painfully too.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Emman08: 5:06pm On Apr 13
See that black uniform and Ak-47 ba? That's just a license to rob, kill and extort legally.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by cunny88(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13
But he wasn't busy to defend the policemen at lekki extorting the drone guy at lekki
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by airsaylongcome: 5:29pm On Apr 13
Babamide:
Even Cyprus returnee dey use opay. Shows how our banks just like other sectors of the country are failing.
On a serious note, there is no difference between the NPF and armed robbers in Nigeria

Na North Cyprus returnee. North Cyprus is different from the wealthier Republic of Cyprus
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by badoh(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13
The IG needs to put some of the DPOs on their toes if he wants to get rid of this menace in the Nigerian police force. He needs to start placing on suspension any DPO whose officers are found wanting under his or her jurisdictions. Most of these DPO are also apart of these lawlessness and the big axe should start from them.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by CodeTemplar: 5:35pm On Apr 13
kereman1:

So u don't know that most officers are armed robber
ritualist join self. Armed robbery name play.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by bamitinn(m): 5:40pm On Apr 13
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by iammolise(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13
dominique:
Are you sure these are not armed robbers pretending to be policemen? They were in plainclothesmen, they didn't identify themselves so how did you conclude they were police?
DEY PLAY!

Police are armed rubbers, armed rubbers are Police, u get (they're one and the same thing)... If u don't get forget about it.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by iammolise(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13
kereman1:

So u don't know that most officers are armed robber

Make she dey play...
Did the NPF ever have decent Police officers to begin with, if one doesn't collect bribe on the road, they probably give rubbers their guns for rent, or if that seems petty enough they probably aid and support dirty politian through money laundering or do thugs for them, even if you find one not doing all these, working for that system alone you're an accomplice to so many sins because all these sin covered in impunity and you stay quiet and allow it. So my friend no NPF officer is a decent/ righteous person.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Ashirioluwa: 5:53pm On Apr 13
dominique:
Are you sure these are not armed robbers pretending to be policemen? They were in plainclothesmen, they didn't identify themselves so how did you conclude they were police?

Based on your comment, I believe you haven't read the entire story. I recommend you read the story again and click on the link to gain a deeper understanding of the whole situation. 

Why would the Nigerian police refund the money to the owner if those who robbed the man were not policemen?

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Freshboi316(m): 6:06pm On Apr 13
Police na thief I repeat am again police na thief criminals
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by winner37(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13
Tell why they will not be committing suicide after the extortion?
They will definitely pay with their life by taking their own life by their hands as it going on around the states ....
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Babaibeji2020(m): 6:15pm On Apr 13
2shure:
Mine was 90k 2years back and they slapped me when I challenged them,seized my car keys,laid all sorts of allegations at me,refused to open my phone,after 7 heavy slaps I was forced to open my phone. They tagged me an armed robber,a yahoo boy,an igbo smoker,despite having cigarette on me.men npf are doomed for life. I eas extorted 90k.from 500k.delayed for 4hours.phones seized,Stripped to my boxers....I was helpless till pos came to my rescue.
You seem to be a very very stewpid entity.....you had to wait for '7 heavy slaps" b4 consenting to probably armed hooligans? What happened to the first two slaps...? You were waiting to be killed first, abi.....?
Terrible people everywhere in ds country 😕

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by BeigJawnson(m): 6:29pm On Apr 13
2shure:
Mine was 90k 2years back and they slapped me when I challenged them,seized my car keys,laid all sorts of allegations at me,refused to open my phone,after 7 heavy slaps I was forced to open my phone. They tagged me an armed robber,a yahoo boy,an igbo smoker,despite having cigarette on me.men npf are doomed for life. I eas extorted 90k.from 500k.delayed for 4hours.phones seized,Stripped to my boxers....I was helpless till pos came to my rescue.

Next time, when you see them. Take your calm. Don't argue with them. Don't talk when not needed.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by kikake: 6:33pm On Apr 13
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Smithwilliams826: 7:48pm On Apr 13
They should arrest the POS guy to produce these men out.
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Gnosispd: 8:22pm On Apr 13
I can't differentiate Armed robber from Nigerian police...
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Focusmind: 8:35pm On Apr 13
I fear police in mufti pass armed robbers. Once you jam police in mufti or polo or slippers or face cap and jean, know that na armed robber you jam. They can do anything to get what they want.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by kiddkash(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13
dominique:
Is there any difference between the both of them
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by philipobiz: 8:51pm On Apr 13
dominique:
It appears you are a Police officer
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by soccerlite: 9:12pm On Apr 13
dominique:

Lolzzzzz 🤣

It seems you are a American tourist

May you not come across dem

Let me describe dem

You will see dem with ak47, in plain cloth, some will just put on reflector with police written on it

Go to any police station you will see dem
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by Laurene: 9:53pm On Apr 13
bamitinn:
Mine was 250k
I know say they will don die by now

How did it happen
Re: Policemen Extort N100,000 From Cyprus Returnee In Lagos After Seizing His Phone by kareemkamil(m): 10:18pm On Apr 13
Nigeria police criminal organization. Nigeria Army terrorist organization.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adoke’s Illness Stalls Efcc’s Interrogation Into $1.06 Billion Malabu Oil Block / Father Raped 17-year-old Daughter For 6 Years – Doctor / 2 Killed, 6 Arrested As Cultists, Police Clash In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.