Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself (517 Views)

"God, We Take God Beg You, Don't Punish Us With Another Bad Leader" - Suleiman / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

Mods: OAM4J, Sissie, Mynd44, fergie001, farano, Rocktation, dominique

Rule 2 Abuse to me

Rule 2 Abuse to Islam (group)

Rule 8 False Posting false information on Nairaland (Muhammad married Aa'ishah with permission from his father, hence no case of Sugar daddy)

How am I abusing your religion? Am I the author of your Quran nii ? Lobatan bayii

Quran 10:94 Irving & Mohamed Hegab  

If you are in any doubt concerning what We have sent down to you, then question those who have read the Book (Bible) before you: Truth has come to you from your Lord, so do not be a waverer;

Quran 46:9

"I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:23pm On Apr 13
Antiislaam:

Sign and symptoms of defeat. I have decided and my decision is fruiting.
STOPPING
YOUR
NUISANCY
ABOUT
ISLAM
IN
RELIGION
SECTION
OF
NAIRALAND.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:25pm On Apr 13
Antiislaam:

How am I abusing your religion? Am I the author of your Quran nii ? Lobatan bayii

Quran 10:94 Irving & Mohamed Hegab  

If you are in any doubt concerning what We have sent down to you, then question those who have read the Book (Bible) before you: Truth has come to you from your Lord, so do not be a waverer;

Quran 46:9

"I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."
SPEAK
LOUDER
AND
LOUDEST
from your mentality of misrepresentation and MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and Islam.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:28pm On Apr 13
holymike47:
Are you always seeking a pastor to help you with prayers? Maybe you have grown to believe that as soon as a particular ‘man-of God’ lays hand on you, all your problems will be over. Do you really understand God’s Word for yourself? Have you taken the time to search out God’s word with the same diligence you use for your academics or business?

Sometime ago, I had a call with one of my friends, a Christian, she was seriously complaining about hardship, poverty, and the enemy, attributing her sufferings to some enemies – wicked friends or evil family members. It seemed to be the norm: to blame difficulty on some ‘village people’, who we believe are responsible for our hardship. We blame them when things are not working out, we curse them by directing most of our prayers towards them.

My question
I asked her: but we are Christians, how come the enemies have power over us? If we say we believe in God and are following him, why do we complain so much about enemies? Why do we feel defeated? Is it that they have power over us whose lives are hidden in Christ? What about our authority in Christ?

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)

I also know that greater is He in us than he who is in the world.

I really pondered over this conversation. Why are believers always complaining of the enemy? why does it seem we are at their mercy? why do we organize repeated prayer sessions to ‘bind the devil’? why do we sometimes go to church with physical weapons to fight enemies?

I decided to do a diligent study of the bible for myself. I told myself, if I can learn computer programming myself and become proficient, why can’t I study the bible with the same zeal. Why can’t I study the bible the same way I studied in university for my courses, during exams, or during my research project.

So, I decided to create distraction-free time for detailed bible study. I started from Genesis chapter 1. I prayed hard and studied so diligently. My passion grew as I journeyed. With the increased interest and clarity, and realizing the bible is very consistent, I studied almost every book.

Before now, I had believed that the bible, especially the Old Testament, is boring. Someone had communicated this to me by how he always acted frustrated whenever reading the bible. Someone also joked that if you want to fall asleep, just pick the bible and start reading. As simple as this may sound, this is one of the greatest limiting factors people are facing today, people are discouraged from studying the bible, they make you feel it’s ‘rocket science’, or some kind of esoteric concept.

This is the major cause of suffering all over the world because people do not understand the will of God and are poorly guided.

The word of God is consistent
The word of God all through the bible is very consistent. If you sincerely study the bible, you will understand the will of God; you will find the knowledge of God.
You will know that God wants the best for you and is always looking for ways to bless you;
You will be set-free from fears holding you back;
You will understand that the enemy has no power over you;
You will know that God is not interested in your money; you do not need to sow seeds before God blesses you;

God is passionate
God is fervent; He is very passionate, and also patient. He speaks through numerous examples. The easiest way to demonstrate something is through actions and examples. That’s what God has done for us; He demonstrated His will, repeatedly, through numerous illustrations over history. When someone is arguing or twisting a concept, an easy way to know the truth is a question like ‘show me an example or a related story’.

What does God require of us
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:cool.

If there is only one role of God today, I will say it is justice. God is a God of Justice, integrity, honesty, and due process. He will never allow injustice to prevail, he continuously oversees these things. Corruption is a primary cause of spiritual blindness, and the reason you may seem defeated.

The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with Him. (proverbs 11: 1).

God expects us to be truthful and kind, and to treat other the way we want to be treated.

Do not be ignorant of the wiles of the enemy
The book of Job chapter 1 provides what I consider the ultimate spiritual welfare strategy. Firstly, God described a righteous man:
“Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” (V8).

Then the enemy confessed that no one can harm a God-fearing man:
“Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.” (V11).

This simply illustrates that when you are humble, truthful, honest, and faithfully serving God, you ought not worry much about enemies, nor even the devil, for God himself will be your shield.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. (Proverbs 2:6-cool

So, why do believers seem defeated
The No.1 real enemies we have are the false preacher and teacher, that occupy every channel today, teaching all manners of greed and lies. They are the ones ‘binding’ most Christians; they are the cause of suffering.

A great sorrow is to be under a false prophet, a fake pastor or a so-called man of God. This is a terrible thing – to be constantly bombarded by lies and deceptions from false teachings. This is one of the greatest limitations in life. This is the main reason people are suffering and never amount to anything in life.

They do not teach the word of God, they know that once you truly understand the word of God, you will be empowered, so they deliberately twist things up to leave you confused, so as to continuously feast on you.

They systematically discourage you from studying the bible for yourself, making it look difficult. They quote words out of context. They emphasize on doctrine instead of character. Their interest is money.
Importantly, because of their greed, they do not teach you spiritual welfare strategies. So, many believers do not even understand the wiles of the enemies, they cannot discern between a wicked man and a righteous man. This is a serious problem with tremendous consequences.

For instance, A popular pastor in Nigeria preached that Job was not faithful in tithing.
Let’s us re-consider this story, although I talked briefly about it before. Job was a man God used to describe a righteous man, in fact, these are the very words God used to describe him:

a. My servant;
b. There is no one on earth like him;
c. He is blameless and upright;
d. A man who fears God and shuns evil; (Job 1: cool

We already know that the devourer, who is the devil, confessed that he could not harm Job nor touch any of his properties. (V11)

Surprisingly, even though this is a very popular story and we all know that Job was only tested, yet it was preached that he was not faithful in paying tithes (someone who God said was blameless). Where was the conclusion or inference that Job was disobedient or unfaithful in tithing drawn from

This is just one of many reasons you should know the word of God for yourself.

Example 2:
Another popular pastor in Nigeria attributed King’s Solomon wealth to his offerings.
This man tried to convince his audience that due to king Solomon generous giving and offerings, he became exceedingly rich.

This was also surprising to me that people believed him, even though the story of king Solomon is a popular one. This king did not ask God for money, but for wisdom, for discernment in administering justice, so God was pleased, and decided to also make him wealthy.

The teaching of today is centered on money, and it’s the major cause of strife, greed, crime, poverty, and the major reason believers seem defeated.

God does not delight in money
The reason the false teachers are rich and succeed in doing what they do is simply because you don’t know the word of God for yourself; Once you know the word of God, it will be easy to spot fake teachings and then quickly detach yourself.

You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise. (Psalms 51: 16-17).

How do I gain my freedom?

I would advise you to carefully and prayerfully study God’s word for yourself and consider it the best counsel you could ever get;
If you are diligent and commit the kind of effort you put in project research or your business, you will be amazed at your understanding;
You will never regret the effort as it will lead you to breakthrough;
You will be able to easily spot false prophets, who are the agents of the thief that Jesus talked about in John 10:10;
You will be set free from limiting beliefs and strongholds;
you will know your heritage, your rights, and won’t bother praying about things you already have, but instead would be grateful;
You will understand blessed acts: Fear God and depart from evil; Let truth and kindness never depart from you; treat others the way you want to be treated; seek peace; don’t pay evil for evil;

Source: https://godlysensation.com/love/why-you-need-to-take-gods-word-seriously-and-study-it-for-yourself/
Story!
Super story ! For those who are ignorant that Christianity is founded on FICTION , FALLACY ,FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISINTERPRETATION and MISREPRESENTATION of true God and messengers especially Isa ( asw).
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:31pm On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

How is the Bible the word of God?
How is the Bible consistent?

Just give verifiable proofs inside and outside the Bible!
Jeremiah 8:8 is number one proof and evidence that O. A. Lawal Economic text book of early 80s is far better than BLIEBLE.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:34pm On Apr 13
Veecruz:

Muslim, this is Easy na and you already know the answers!

1) Its wisdom is far and above what any man who has read it could ever have come up with.

2) it consistently speaks The Truth, even if many find it difficult to understand and comprehend.

3) it consistently annoys and angers devils because it exposed all their evil plans.
You don't know that you are not in Sunday and Wednesday Bible study?
Your 3reasons are acceptable to toddlers in the comparative study of bible and other holy book.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:38pm On Apr 13
AbuTwins:

All these can be said of many other religious books. Those opinions above are subjective. Do you have any objective opinions as to why the Bible is the word of God and how the Bible is consistent?

Can you brief us on how the Bible came to be what it is today?

Some Bible has 66 books, some 73, some 82, 83 books etc. Explain how it is consistent?

In the preface to RSV, the 50 scholars of Divinity that wrote it accaimed that the KJV has great defects and that's what necessitates the RSV.

And KJV is the most popular and the most translated to other languages!

So tell me how can the Bible contain any truth when even the Christian scholars/writers admit great defects in it!

He is a newly 'roboticalized ' scholar who knows more than his religion scholars and we who are objective and intuitive about fallacy, fiction, FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISINTERPRETATION and MISREPRESENTATION upon which their religion is founded.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 1:40pm On Apr 13
Kobojunkie:
A Bible is merely a collection of books that are considered scripture. The collection can be of either 66 or even 4 or more. Why does the consistency of the information in the books need to be dependent on the number of books in the collection? I don't follow! undecided

Additionally, if you do not like any of the translations available out there, you are free to consult the Hebrew or Greek collections for your self. It just seems time-wasting to have to argue inconsistency based on the number of books in a collection — a bible. undecided

Is a dictionary — a library/collection of words and definitions— inconsistent on the basis that it does not contain the same # of words and definitions as another dictionary out there? undecided
Roboticalized reasoning cum response.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Veecruz: 2:08pm On Apr 13
gaskiyamagana:

You don't know that you are not in Sunday and Wednesday Bible study?
Your 3reasons are acceptable to toddlers in the comparative study of bible and other holy book.

Yet, your fellow muslim bro could not fallt it and neither did you point out why it is not is not acceptable by adults because you have no valid one.

So, we know your comment is borne out spite and not out of fair comment.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 10:42pm On Apr 13
Veecruz:

Yet, your fellow muslim bro could not fallt it and neither did you point out why it is not is not acceptable by adults because you have no valid one.

So, we know your comment is borne out spite and not out of fair comment.

Were there missing verses of the early bible from the present Bible ?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Apr 13
gaskiyamagana:
■ Were there missing verses of the early bible from the present Bible ?
A better question to ask would be, "Does any of the supposedly missing verses change any of that decreed or expressed by God in Scripture?" undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Apr 13
gaskiyamagana:
■ Roboticalized reasoning cum response.
And "roboticalized" is wrong since it does not romanticize the same delusions you would rather cling to? undecided
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 11:17pm On Apr 13
gaskiyamagana:

SPEAK
LOUDER
AND
LOUDEST
from your mentality of misrepresentation and MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and Islam.

See as the context of Quran is turning you to a madman like Muhammad. You never see nothing, we just started with you slaves
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 11:19pm On Apr 13
gaskiyamagana:

Sign and symptoms of defeat. I have decided and my decision is fruiting.
STOPPING
YOUR
NUISANCY
ABOUT
ISLAM
IN
RELIGION
SECTION
OF
NAIRALAND.

Why not ask the authors of Quran the reason for the below verse which you too is turning to be a nuisance like your messenger that was poisoned to death

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 11:07pm On Apr 14
Antiislaam:

Why not ask the authors of Quran the reason for the below verse which you too is turning to be a nuisance like your messenger that was poisoned to death
Another proof that Christians have mentality of "........... MISINTERPRETATION AND MISREPRESENTATION of true God and messengers.....".
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by gaskiyamagana: 11:13pm On Apr 14
Antiislaam:

See as the context of Quran is turning you to a madman like Muhammad. You never see nothing, we just started with you slaves
You just started demonstrating or justifying that you are trying hard to make Islam looks like your religion that is founded on FICTION ,FALLACY , FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISREPRESENTATION AND MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and prophets especially prophet Isa (asw) ?
Alihamdulillah, there will not be anything you write about Islam that will not fall under the descriptions above. So telling me that you have just started is a joke.
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 4:19am On Apr 15
gaskiyamagana:

You just started demonstrating or justifying that you are trying hard to make Islam looks like your religion that is founded on FICTION ,FALLACY , FALSEHOOD, FABRICATION MISREPRESENTATION AND MISINTERPRETATION of TRUE GOD and prophets especially prophet Isa (asw) ?
Alihamdulillah, there will not be anything you write about Islam that will not fall under the descriptions above. So telling me that you have just started is a joke.

Pele, you'll kuku be alright las las

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 4:20am On Apr 15
gaskiyamagana:

Another proof that Christians have mentality of "........... MISINTERPRETATION AND MISREPRESENTATION of true God and messengers.....".

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36am On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

Question number 1

Imagine someone delivered a letter and it's a message from your dad to all his children what would convince you that the message is truly from your dad?

Well let me try with the little knowledge i have.
First the letter must contain greetings and the instructions your father gave which will help all his children both young, old, male and female relate peacefully as one family so that people in the neighbourhood will appreciate the man who raised his children and trained them to be a blessing in the society.
Do you agree with that?
Bible God promised that during the end time when there would be confusion everywhere {2Timothy 3:1-5} and hatred leading people into killing people {Revelations 6:3-4} few people from all the continent will start coming together to form one religion {Isaiah 2:2; Micah 4:1} and they will concentrate on what is found written in the Bible using it to teach themselves {Isaiah 2:3; Micah 4:2} so what will be the result of this global educational program? Bible God foretold that those people using the Bible to educate themselves will use what they learned from the Bible to settle all their disparities peacefully among themselves, they will divert their resources into production of food and information materials, stop the production of weapons and vow never to raise weapons against anyone nor train for wars again {Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3} instead they will all become like one tribe speaking the same language of peace! Zephaniah 3:9

Do you agree that this is the end time?
I know you will agree because the Quran also confirmed that this is that endtime.
Well the above prophecies is undergoing fulfilment remarkably today among one global family of worshipers known as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES now. So i believe that such a book with a profound proof surely is God's word.

Question number 2

According to the Bible God called a man named Abraham and promised him that there will be a time on this planet that people from all the nations will call themselves "blessed" in the name of the God of Abraham! Genesis 12:1-3

Because through the lineage of Abraham there will be born a child who will bring about peace among all faithful people throughout the earth! Isaiah 9:6

But since Abraham had 8 sons namely Ishmael, Isaac, Zimʹran, Jokʹshan, Meʹdan, Midʹi·an, Ishʹbak, and Shuʹah.

Ishmael and Isaac were born by Abraham's wife and his wife's maid but after his wife died and she had sent her maid away Abraham got married to another woman named Keturah who later bore six sons for Abraham! Genesis 25:1-2

The important question to ask now is through which of the children will the promised child who will bring peace to mankind come?
Well God's angel told Hagar the mother of Ishmael "Here you are pregnant, and you will give birth to a son, and you must name him Ishʹma·el, for Jehovah has heard your affliction. He will be a wild donkey of a man. His hand will be against everyone, and everyone’s hand will be against him, and he will dwell opposite all his brothers." {Genesis 16:11-12}

Today there are three religions that sprang up from the lineage of Abraham: Judaism , Christianity and Islam and all these three religions are fighters and killers of their own brothers in the same faith except one religion which stood out differently also claiming Christians but now working towards the peace of all mankind known globally today as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

So just as the Bible foretold all the other religions claiming they're of Abrahamic faith are still fighting and killing their brothers just as the angel of God said about Ishmael's descendants while the faithful worshipers of God today are for peace! Isaiah 2:4

Surely the Bible is CONSISTENT! Isaiah 55:10-11
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Aemmyjah(m): 10:00am On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

1. Survival - Only book to be hated, banned, burned yet it survives

2. Distribution - about 100% of the world's population has access to the Bible and it's the best seller for many years

3. Translation - If the Bible is God's word to mankind, everyone should be able to read it in their own language... The Bible is the most translated

4. Scientific accuracy - Though not a science book, what is says regarding scientific matters is well ahead of its time and accurate even though the subject was controversial e.g, shape of the earth, water cycle, earth position

6. Historical accuracy - Bible characters, event's and timing have been confirmed by secular historians and archaeologists... Even where historians and archaeologists say that these people never existed or events never happened, they are later the ones that changed their view... Once upon a time , they said Lysanius, David, Pilate, etc never existed... Now, it's proven beyond doubt

7. Prophecy - Only God can foretell the future, there are several prophecies in the Bible foretold hundreds of years before they happened and it happened accurately and some of which we are seeing the fulfillment today... Example is the birth of Jesus, the fall of Babylon, the destruction of Babylon, Rise and fall of Alexander the Great, destruction of Jerusalem, events and attitudes of people of our own time

8. Medicals: Although not a medical textbook, the Bible admonition on health was way ahead of it time even when people knew nothing about microbes and germs. For example, excreta should disposed outside the camp and those with contagious disease should be quarantined for 14 days. It also encourages hand washing

8. Counsel. The Bible has the best counsel... When applied, it help build stronger friendships and family life and many medical practicioners and psychologists confirm it such as anger, abuse of alcohol, honesty, hard work, loyalty, guarding against materialism... Many thieves, robbers, addicts, family that are about to divide, etc have all applied the Bible and seen positive changes in their lifestyle

All these and many more confirms that the Bible is the inspired word of God and changes lives
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 10:24am On Apr 15
Aemmyjah:

1. Survival - Only book to be hated, banned, burned yet it survives

2. Distribution - about 100% of the world's population has access to the Bible and it's the best seller for many years

3. Translation - If the Bible is God's word to mankind, everyone should be able to read it in their own language... The Bible is the most translated

4. Scientific accuracy - Though not a science book, what is says regarding scientific matters is well ahead of its time and accurate even though the subject was controversial e.g, shape of the earth, water cycle, earth position

6. Historical accuracy - Bible characters, event's and timing have been confirmed by secular historians and archaeologists... Even where historians and archaeologists say that these people never existed or events never happened, they are later the ones that changed their view... Once upon a time , they said Lysanius, David, Pilate, etc never existed... Now, it's proven beyond doubt

7. Prophecy - Only God can foretell the future, there are several prophecies in the Bible foretold hundreds of years before they happened and it happened accurately and some of which we are seeing the fulfillment today... Example is the birth of Jesus, the fall of Babylon, the destruction of Babylon, Rise and fall of Alexander the Great, destruction of Jerusalem, events and attitudes of people of our own time

8. Medicals: Although not a medical textbook, the Bible admonition on health was way ahead of it time even when people knew nothing about microbes and germs. For example, excreta should disposed outside the camp and those with contagious disease should be quarantined for 14 days. It also encourages hand washing

8. Counsel. The Bible has the best counsel... When applied, it help build stronger friendships and family life and many medical practicioners and psychologists confirm it such as anger, abuse of alcohol, honesty, hard work, loyalty, guarding against materialism... Many thieves, robbers, addicts, family that are about to divide, etc have all applied the Bible and seen positive changes in their lifestyle

All these and many more confirms that the Bible is the inspired word of God and changes lives

All of these and more can be said of the Qur'an and other religions (eg Judaism, etc) could claim same too!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Aemmyjah(m): 11:54am On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

All of these and more can be said of the Qur'an and other religions (eg Judaism, etc) could claim same too!

Which Koran
Is drinking camel urine medical?
Is it good to beat your wife
Should u preach hatred and violence against non believers
Does the sun set on muddy waters

Bible says that Noah has only 1 wife and 3 sons who had a wife each and they were the only ones that survived the flood
Koran says Noah's wife perished and one of his sons but he had followers

Koran has several contradictions and abjugations
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 12:33pm On Apr 15
Aemmyjah:

Which Koran
Same Qur'an
Is drinking camel urine medical?
Is Drinking Camel Urine in the Qur'an? And yes, scientifically it is medicinal.

Is it good to beat your wife

You don't understand what you are saying!

Allah says what means: “As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great” [al-Nisa 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury.

Should u preach hatred and violence against non believers

The Bible is the source of hatred and violence to non-believers!

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD’s name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother’s name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD’s will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD’s name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets
1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, ‘Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,’ do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.’ You may wonder, ‘How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?’ If the prophet predicts something in the LORD’s name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
For the LORD had said to Moses, ‘Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.’ (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: ‘Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.’ (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

What do you think about all these?

Does the sun set on muddy waters
The verse offers a similitude.

Bible says that Noah has only 1 wife and 3 sons who had a wife each and they were the only ones that survived the flood
Koran says Noah's wife perished and one of his sons but he had followers
Yes, the Qur'an is true!

Koran has several contradictions and abjugations

The contradictions are whatever your brain can't understand!

I will tag you in my threads so won't derail this thread further!
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

Which of them can be said about Quran that says earth is flat in shape or the Quran that you must go to Ile-Kewu to be able to read the Arabic versions of it
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 12:38pm On Apr 15
AbuTwins:
Same Qur'an

You mean according to Late Dr. Pedophile messenger Muhammad, drinking camel urine is medical?

Abeg kindly show us where Bible says you Muslims should be killed and hated as read in Quran where allah and the other authors of your book said you should hate and kill Christians and Jews?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 12:40pm On Apr 15
Antiislaam:

Which of them can be said about Quran that says earth is flat in shape or the Quran that you must go to Ile-Kewu to be able to read the Arabic versions of it

Where is it written that the earth is flat in the Qur'an?
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Aemmyjah(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15
AbuTwins:
Same Qur'an

You don't understand what you are saying!

Allah says what means: “As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great” [al-Nisa 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury.

The Bible is the source of hatred and violence to non-believers!

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.” (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, “You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord.” When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. “The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him.” (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD’s name. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother’s name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. They put the man in custody until the LORD’s will in the matter should become clear. Then the LORD said to Moses, “Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished. Anyone who blasphemes the LORD’s name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel. Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD’s name will surely die. (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets
1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles, and the predicted signs or miracles take place. If the prophets then say, ‘Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,’ do not listen to them. The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul. Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him. The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt. Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.’ You may wonder, ‘How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?’ If the prophet predicts something in the LORD’s name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God’s death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle
For the LORD had said to Moses, ‘Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites. You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment. They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it. Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again. Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.’ (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: ‘Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.’ (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

What do you think about all these?

The verse offers a similitude.

Yes, the Qur'an is true!

What similitude?
Guy
Drinking urine is cancerous
Do research
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by AbuTwins: 12:42pm On Apr 15
Aemmyjah:

What similitude?
Guy
Drinking urine is cancerous
Do research

Show us your research on Camel urine specifically?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9740287/
Re: Why You Need To Take God’s Word Seriously And Study It For Yourself by Antiislaam(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

Where is it written that the earth is flat in the Qur'an?

[He] who made for you the earth a bed [spread out] and the sky a ceiling and sent down from the sky, rain and brought forth thereby fruits as provision for you. So do not attribute to Allah equals while you know [that there is nothing similar to Him].
Quran 2:22

[It is He] who has made for you the earth as a bed [spread out] and inserted therein for you roadways and sent down from the sky, rain and produced thereby categories of various plants.
Quran 20:53

And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),
Quran 71:15-19

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have You Ever Preached The Good News On Buses In Lagos? / Praying In The Spirit: How To Talk To God / Edify The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.