Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO (7471 Views)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Ofunaofu: 9:12am On Apr 13
The Lagos State Police Command has said a total number of seven persons have lost their lives to accidental drowning in different parts of the state this week.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, disclosed this in a statement on Friday.

According to him, the incidents were recorded at hotel swimming pools, a beach, and the Third Mainland Bridge.

He wrote, “This week alone, seven people drowned in hotel, swimming pools and beach. Two in one hotel in Mushin, One in one hotel on the Island, One on Ibeshe Island, Two fell off Third Mainland Bridge in an accident, another one in one hotel in Shasha.”

Recall that two passengers reportedly fell into the lagoon on Wednesday after a commercial bus crashed on the Third Mainland Bridge in the state.

Other occupants of the vehicle sustained varying degrees of injuries in the accident.

Lagos Territorial Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency, Ibrahim Farinloye, in a statement, noted that the driver of the 18-seater bus, who was on speed, swerved off the road and hit the bridge rails.

He stated that the impact of the crash forcefully pushed the two passengers off the bus into the lagoon, adding that the victims, an adult male and female, were being searched by the Marine Police.

https://punchng.com/seven-drowns-in-lagos-within-a-week-says-ppro/?amp

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by AmazingELixir: 12:53pm On Apr 13
lipsrsealed

A sizeable cause of death of most boat mishap victims is not asphyxiation but water poisoning from heavily polluted water bodies.

Each time I pass through Ebute ero a very offensive stench rents the air one can only imagine what it will be like being in that water.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Amigoss: 12:53pm On Apr 13
Sad stuff...Why dem no pour Fanta for the pools and lagoon to appease the water deities undecided

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Ehins22(m): 12:53pm On Apr 13
sad
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by stylishwears: 12:53pm On Apr 13
KK
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Prigidypogodo(f): 12:53pm On Apr 13
be like say mami iwota dey vex these days oo

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Jayhome24: 12:53pm On Apr 13
So now it's drowning season for those evil people to kill and s u c k blood or what?
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by MrProlific95: 12:54pm On Apr 13
Sad, simply sad
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by EleventhWeirdo: 12:54pm On Apr 13
The comments here linking the rise in drowning incidents to diabolism instead of doing an objective analysis of the risk factors, show why Africa is wretched, underdeveloped, and exploited by pastor-preneurs/fake spiritualists. Because the people are mentally underdeveloped and f00lish.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Peterpanny: 12:55pm On Apr 13
Mammi water kingdom day do massive recruitment..
Be extremely careful with water bodies.
I have a very strong phobia for water bodies that is why I have never been to the beach after barbeach swallow our neighbor that just graduated from lasu after every thing that the mother did to make sure that chinonso graduated from the university,water come carry chinonso go just like that..
It was not up to 2 months chinonso mama sleep she no wake up again.
That year I cry no be small.see hard man day cry.
Keep resting brother chinonso
Keep resting mama chinonso.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by tefishy(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13
embarassed
Stay safe out there
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Absuchat(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13
When will they tell us how many fishes they took away from the waters this week?
Abi the equation no go balance?
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by matrix199(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13
Sad!

I'm buying three life jackets for me and my family. I'll be wearing it like singlet. I'm not taking chances anymore. The waterbodies are not smiling these days. The economy is so bad that nobody throws chicken and goat into the rivers anymore. The rivers are hungry.
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by xana101: 12:59pm On Apr 13
The thing touch me too. I lost my in-law after one hotel at Ayobo. So painful.
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by stephenponti(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:13pm On Apr 13
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

A sizeable cause of death of most boat mishap victims is not asphyxiation but water poisoning from heavily polluted water bodies.

Each time I pass through Ebute ero a very offensive stench rents the air one can only imagine what it will be like being in that water.
yellowbar people poo 💩 inside there
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Tjra: 1:15pm On Apr 13
Bad luck don hit Lagos State.

The land needs cleansing from evil people. We shall overcome.

Eko Oni Baje
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by updatechange(m): 1:28pm On Apr 13
That one at sha sha is very close to me… never thought it would be recorded but kudos to the LASG.
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ORIAYO70(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Even on 3rd mainland u have to cover your nose
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ORIAYO70(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13
Peterpanny:
Mammi water kingdom day do massive recruitment..
Be extremely careful with water bodies.
I have a very strong phobia for water bodies that is why I have never been to the beach after barbeach swallow our neighbor that just graduated from lasu after every thing that the mother did to make sure that chinonso graduated from the university,water come carry chinonso go just like that..
It was not up to 2 months chinonso mama sleep she no wake up again.
That year I cry no be small.see hard man day cry.
Keep resting brother chinonso
Keep resting mama chinonso.

3days to wedding aspiring husband n wife went to the beach

Like play like play
Eleko carry Dem go...

The cow for wedding was shared withing the neighborhood
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by EmmyDJourno: 2:45pm On Apr 13
Na wah oO, my Mama talk say na who near water it dey carry, but that talk no reach for those ones for 3rd Mainland, may they all RIP🥺
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ignis: 2:46pm On Apr 13
And all these deaths are avoidable.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Peterpanny: 2:49pm On Apr 13
ORIAYO70:

Like play like play
Eleko carry Dem go...

my brother me and water get zero business.
Chinonso death pain me like say na my own blood brother die,I furking cry for days,this guy mama really suffer to see this guy through school,that woman really suffer no be small,,but after every every water carry chinonso go just like that..that guy death is still register in my heart and i kid you not my heart is bleeding as am typing this shiit right now..its almost 12 years now but it still seems like yestarday.
Nonso my senior man.
Keep resting bro
I know you are in a better place because you have the purest soul ever.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Starz825(m): 2:56pm On Apr 13
xana101:
The thing touch me too. I lost my in-law after one hotel at Ayobo. So painful.
Na swimming pool too?
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Starz825(m): 2:57pm On Apr 13
ORIAYO70:

Like play like play
Eleko carry Dem go...

Wait ... are you sure about this...
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Starz825(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13
EmmyDJourno:
Na wah oO, my Mama talk say na who near water it dey carry, but that talk no reach for those ones for 3rd Mainland, may they all RIP🥺

I feel like he no dey ordinary....

Accident happen then the next thing.... vehicle wey Dem close him door..open in the process troway 2 pple inside water...

Awa head no go gbabode ooo

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by aywagze(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13
People that cant swim and love for swimming pool ..🤔
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by AcadaWriter: 3:16pm On Apr 13
be like say mami iwota dey vex these days oo
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by madgoat(m): 4:05pm On Apr 13
Just only 7.... shocked

Emirates Restores Flights To Lagos / Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1