Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO (7497 Views)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Medical Students On Boat Cruise Drown In Calabar / Sheikh Abdulganiyu Nuraini & His Aides Drown In Kwara Flood (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ORIAYO70(m): 4:55pm On Apr 13
Starz825:

Wait ... are you sure about this...

What kind of question be this
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by ORIAYO70(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13
Peterpanny:
my brother me and water get zero business.
Chinonso death pain me like say na my own blood brother die,I furking cry for days,this guy mama really suffer to see this guy through school,that woman really suffer no be small,,but after every every water carry chinonso go just like that..that guy death is still register in my heart and i kid you not my heart is bleeding as am typing this shiit right now..its almost 12 years now but it still seems like yestarday.
Nonso my senior man.
Keep resting bro
I know you are in a better place because you have the purest soul ever.

One or two times I climb canoe na Lord is my shepherds dey my mouth... Water na bad thing
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by geoworldedu: 8:06pm On Apr 13
EleventhWeirdo:
The comments here linking the rise in drowning incidents to diabolism instead of doing an objective analysis of the risk factors, show why Africa is wretched, underdeveloped, and exploited by pastor-preneurs/fake spiritualists. Because the people are mentally underdeveloped and f00lish.
I'm sick and tired of backward thinking in this 21st century. There's no hope for Africa in the mental sphere aswear.
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by PHAYOL81: 9:02pm On Apr 13
As expected, some saddist who thrive in bad news had started attributing the cause to the irrelivant things, also scoring cheap points against the state WHEN THIS SHOULD BE A REALITY CHECK ON OUR SWIMMING PROWESS, FIRST AID RESPONDENT RESPONSIBILITY AND PREPAREDNESS, COMPULSORY AVAILABILITY OF LIFE SAVERS AT EVERY POOL SIDES and COMPULSORY USE OF LIFE JACKET BEFORE HAVING ANY CONTACT OR PROXIMITY TO ANY WATER BODY et all.
Address the issue, stop putting the blame on innocents and irrelivants.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by kabukabu50(m): 1:10am On Apr 14
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

A sizeable cause of death of most boat mishap victims is not asphyxiation but water poisoning from heavily polluted water bodies.

Each time I pass through Ebute ero a very offensive stench rents the air one can only imagine what it will be like being in that water.

This has to be one of the dumbest comments ever posted on nairaland.

For real.

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by yinkabeauty: 5:55am On Apr 14
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

A sizeable cause of death of most boat mishap victims is not asphyxiation but water poisoning from heavily polluted water bodies.

Each time I pass through Ebute ero a very offensive stench rents the air one can only imagine what it will be like being in that water.

Asphyxiation/Suffocation, body filled with water are the major cause.

Those who drowned died in water with insignificant level of pollution.

Any pollution at all, oxygen is the first casualty and this is the reason some aquatic lives die.
oxygen are reduced because bacteria present in the water will use the pollution as a food source, grow in number, respire and use up the oxygen present in the water to the detriment of other aquatic life.

Oxygen is needed in decomposition, which releases CO2 as result, what we get is environment deprived of oxygen and full of CO2.

The main reason people die under water is suffocation and body filled up with water.

kabukabu50

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by yinkabeauty: 6:10am On Apr 14
Starz825:

I feel like he no dey ordinary....

Accident happen then the next thing.... vehicle wey Dem close him door..open in the process troway 2 pple inside water...

Awa head no go gbabode ooo

At high speed , the people on board are equally moving in the speed of that vehicle , this is the reason seat belt is adviced , without seat belt , a man at the front can collide with the wind screen and break it off at that speed when brake is pressed suddenly, some of the deaths in a passenger vehicle come as a result of collision within (head to head) , because with high speed and sudden incidence , ones from the back can nod the ones at front with great intensity.

That's what happened in the third mainland bridge...
The window was not sealed with iron , perhaps opened and they plunged into the lagoon via the openings with vehicle moving at high speed, the vehicle collided with the railing at the side.

It scientifically possible and it has happened several times.

There is no ori gbabode here.

EmmyDjourno

Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Starz825(m): 7:16am On Apr 14
yinkabeauty:

At high speed , the people on board are equally moving in the speed of that vehicle , this is the reason seat belt is adviced , without seat belt , a man at the front can collide with the wind screen and break it off at that speed when brake is pressed suddenly, some of the deaths in a passenger vehicle come as a result of collision within (head to head) , because with high speed and sudden incidence , ones from the back can nod the ones at front with great intensity.

That's what happened in the third mainland bridge...
The window was not sealed with iron , perhaps opened and they plunged into the lagoon via the openings with vehicle moving at high speed, the vehicle collided with the railing at the side.

It scientifically possible and it has happened several times.

There is no ori gbabode here.

EmmyDjourno
Well said

But Na still Awa head no go gbabode na...

Abi ... Make we no enter vehicle we go land us for nside lagoon but our destination
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by yinkabeauty: 6:50am On Apr 15
Starz825:

Well said

But Na still Awa head no go gbabode na...

Abi ... Make we no enter vehicle we go land us for nside lagoon but our destination

Amen in Jesus' name, I agree with you 💯%
Re: Seven Drown In Lagos Within A Week, Says PPRO by Librason: 7:43am On Apr 15
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

The major cause of death underneath water is asphyxiation/suffocation, majority of water people die in have little or no pollution, still people die.

Even the pollution when present will reduce oxygen during decomposition.

Our lungs are not adapted to taking in oxygen underwater but GILLS of Fish do.
When FIsh take in oxygenated water , it goes out again , after oxygen is taken. That can not be said of man whose body will become filled up with water.

Our lungs are only suited for air which has oxygen in abundant.
This is the reason divers will go in with oxygen mask.

ELKHALIFAISIS
ORIAYO70
kabukabu50

Emirates Restores Flights To Lagos / Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / State Of Texas - Important Information Inside

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50