Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka (4063 Views)

An Appeal To Arabic And IRS Teachers In Our Children's Schools / EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix / Why I Can't Be Friend With Toba And Aloy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 1:18am On Nov 18, 2011
I want to use this medium to appeal to good spirited muslims from the SouthWest to please ask your muslim brethren in Osun to desist from introducing religion to our public schools. Osun state is unarguably a Christian state and is only 2nd to Ondo in SW states with the highest concentration of Christians. Introducing Islamic hijab to our schools will surely introduce dichotomy and that is not what we need now to build our nation because we want our children and younger ones to focus on their education. Please do reach out to the Osun muslim community and beg them not to scuttle our academic program with frivolities. Insha Allah

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806040.0.html
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 1:24am On Nov 18, 2011
aloy@emeka:
Introducing Islamic hijab to our schools will surely introduce dichotomy and that is not what we need now to build our nation because we want our children and younger ones to focus on their education.

how do you mean?
are christians being forced to wear hijab?

I doubt the sincerity of your story.
especially after your previous thread about "backwardness" of yoruba muslims.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 1:26am On Nov 18, 2011
Naija is not under colonialism anymore.we have denied muslims formal education for the longest time. We see the results today in the form of poverty and "boko haram" Let's not continue the colonizer's legacy of granting education only to natives who convert to christianity. That's why muslims up north associate education with anti-islam. we don't want boko haram in the south. So let the muslims get their education in peace.

Osun state governor is muslim anyway so I'm sure he will do whatever it takes to protect the muslim students from unnecessary harassment from the SU types (teacher or student).
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 1:48am On Nov 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

Naija is not under colonialism anymore.we have denied muslims formal education for the longest time. We see the results today in the form of poverty and "boko haram" Let's not continue the colonizer's legacy of granting education only to natives who convert to christianity. That's why muslims up north associate education with anti-islam. we don't want boko haram in the south. So let the muslims get their education in peace.

Osun state governor is muslim anyway so I'm sure he will do whatever it takes to protect the muslim students from unnecessary harassment from the SU types (teacher or student).

Who denied muslims formal education?. Western education came into Nigeria through Christians and they didn't discriminate against anybody besides, the govt took over most of the mission schools, built newer ones and made them public. If muslims decides not to attend school on their own accord, how is that denial?
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 1:52am On Nov 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

how do you mean?
are christians being forced to wear hijab?

I doubt the sincerity of your story.
especially after your previous thread about "backwardness" of yoruba muslims.

Public schools have a code of conduct in southWestern Nigeria and religion is not part of it. What will then happen to the school uniform is mujslims are allowed to wear hijab, Christians are allowed to wear veil, pagans are allowed to wear draws, etc?. There are private and religious schools in Nigeria if muslims insists that their daughters must wear hijab, they can send them to muslim schools and if any Christian girl is enrolled in that school, she must abide their rules or look for another school. What will they demand for next if they are allowed to wear hijab?.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 2:13am On Nov 18, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Public schools have a code of conduct in southWestern Nigeria and religion is not part of it. What will then happen to the school uniform is mujslims are allowed to wear hijab, Christians are allowed to wear veil, pagans are allowed to wear draws, etc?. There are private and religious schools in Nigeria if muslims insists that their daughters must wear hijab, they can send them to muslim schools and if any Christian girl is enrolled in that school, she must abide their rules or look for another school. What will they demand for next if they are allowed to wear hijab?.

Do you live in Mars or what!?

All public schools I attended/visited in Lagos have a few students wearing hijab. Every morning at assembly we do worship and prayer  (we alternate days between christians and muslims). A lot of muslims attend public school because they are poorer. so that's where they are actually more visible.
Schools (private and public) in lagos end at 1pm on Fridays to observe Jimoh (muslim prayer).
Religion is a part of education in all parts of Lagos. Majority of schools do worship and prayer in the morning. and closing recitation "now the day is over, glory to the father" at the end of the day for primary schools (public and private).  And proselytizing is rampart in secondary schools -usually among born again christian students or SU as we called them.
Also have you ever heard of CRK or IRK? (chrstian/islamic religious knowledge)? These are regular classes in many lagos public schools. religion is part of the syllabus  too.

You must be out of your mind to say religion is not part of public schools "code of conduct"!!

What's your obsession with yoruba people anyway.
I'm sure igbo catholics are allowed to wear their rosaries around their necks and such.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Araboy(m): 3:09am On Nov 18, 2011
aloy you are so ignorant asking Muslims not to wear Hijab is equal to asking Christians not to go to mass on sunday

aloy you have to understand that Nigerians are not at the same level and are not following same path nor Religion

People in the  south west whether  in Ondo Osun Oyo or Lagos should accept the religious  and cultural diversity in

Yorubaland

Asking Yoruba Muslims not to wear Hijab in school is denying them of their Islamic identity and asking them not to be

proud of whom they are and not be confident in their Religious Identity

Please stop your simplistic ways and your multiple provocations

Hijab for some Muslims is a command and part of Muslims culture and not an  Arabic custom

Yes the language of Quran is Arabic but the culture of Islam is not Arabic

Islam is a set of principles accepting others cultures as long as it does not contradict the Principles

stop judging others according to your believe and desire no one here will follow your ways you are doomed to fail

Insha  Allah et ca sera un autre deja vu pour toi
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 3:17am On Nov 18, 2011
yep. It's really part of a way of life.

Araboy:

People in the  south west wether  in Ondo Osun Oyo or Lagos should accept the religious  and cultural diversity in  Yorubaland

I agree.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Araboy(m): 3:39am On Nov 18, 2011
^^^^

I remember you now
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Sweetnecta: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2011
This Jenifa is sharp like a tack. The wittiness of her response.
The girl is something. Singlehandedy put the rowdy aloy@emeka in his place.

Olorun a wo e fun awon obi e o. Amin.
If you are a Muslim, may Allah increase you in goodness. Amin.
If you are not, may Allah soften your heart and guide it to the path of absolute success in this life and in the afterlife.

Aloy@Emeka, you heard from the lady and the gentleman, already. Take a cue from them. Christians awe allowed to survive all over Nigeria. Proof of that is that no one was forced to leave christianity in the recent war that nigeria fought within her border. That war was a testament to Islam not being a religion that forcefully convert people, if someone is silly enough to say its religious or even ethnic. The victor is supposed to subjugate the vanquished, including in the matter of religion; exactly what the christian west is doing in afghanixtan and iraq.

You are from Lagos. Leave Osun state to the osun natives.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sweetnecta:

If you are not, may Allah soften your heart and guide it to the path of absolute success in this life and in the afterlife.

Aloy@Emeka, you heard from the lady and the gentleman, already. Take a cue from them. Christians awe allowed to survive all over Nigeria. Proof of that is that no one was forced to leave christianity in the recent war that nigeria fought within her border. That war was a testament to Islam not being a religion that forcefully convert people, if someone is silly enough to say its religious or even ethnic. The victor is supposed to subjugate the vanquished, including in the matter of religion; exactly what the christian west is doing in afghanixtan and iraq.

Which war are you talking about?. The one Othman Dan Fodio invaded the South with sword?. I am confused because muslims today are still trying to forcefully convert Christians. It is the Christians who give muslims leeway to do whatever they want in their midst which includes attending their schools and hospitals.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

Do you live in Mars or what!?

All public schools I attended/visited in Lagos have a few students wearing hijab. Every morning at assembly we do worship and prayer  (we alternate days between christians and muslims). A lot of muslims attend public school because they are poorer. so that's where they are actually more visible.
Schools (private and public) in lagos end at 1pm on Fridays to observe Jimoh (muslim prayer).
Religion is a part of education in all parts of Lagos. Majority of schools do worship and prayer in the morning. and closing recitation "now the day is over, glory to the father" at the end of the day for primary schools (public and private).  And proselytizing is rampart in secondary schools -usually among born again christian students or SU as we called them.
Also have you ever heard of CRK or IRK? (chrstian/islamic religious knowledge)? These are regular classes in many lagos public schools. religion is part of the syllabus  too.

You must be out of your mind to say religion is not part of public schools "code of conduct"!!

What's your obsession with yoruba people anyway.
I'm sure igbo catholics are allowed to wear their rosaries around their necks and such.

The typical mindset of a tribalist who is suffering from inferiority complex. You are making this a war when all I did was appeal and ethnicity has entered into it. Assuming I am Igbo, I am no more allowed to discuss the travails of my people in the soutwest?. Assuming I am Igbo, are there no Igbo children in Osun who could not attend school because someone wants to wear hijab to school?. Assuming I am Igbo, are there no Igbo children who will learn from muslims that you can waylay your teacher with thugs and beat her up like the article said. After all, this is not the first time muslims are murdering/mugging teachers in Nigeria. Remember Olufunke who got murdered in Gombe state by muslims simply because she allegedly desecrated the quran. You have a very dirty mind and I find people like you who introduce ethnicity in everything very despicable because you don't know anything about God. I want you to trust me that if you try that ethnic nonsense on me, you will completely fail. May the gods of Orolu land fire you with brimstone. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2011
Araboy:

aloy you are so ignorant asking Muslims not to wear Hijab is equal to asking Christians not to go to mass on sunday
My stance is very clear: practice your Islam as you wish but confine it to your homes and mosques. Unless there are public schools built by muslims, then they can promote Islam there.

Araboy:
aloy you have to understand that Nigerians are not at the same level and are not following same path nor Religion

People in the  south west whether  in Ondo Osun Oyo or Lagos should accept the religious  and cultural diversity in

Yorubaland
Of course we accepted the religious diversity but imposing your diversity on others is unacceptable or do you see Christians imposing theirs on muslims?. What part of keep your religion to yourself is difficult for muslims to understand?. Islam is not part and parcel of Yoruba culture; it is Arabic culture and should be treated as such. The only good Islam has brought to Yorubaland is the proliferation of alayes and almajiris. 98.5% of all the alayes in Yorubaland are muslims and the new generation of almajiris rising in Yorubalanmd today adopted the Islamic culture. So tell me what social virtue and advantages the Yorubaland has gained from Islam. At least I can tell you that Christianity brought schools and hospitals to our shores.

Araboy:

Asking Yoruba Muslims not to wear Hijab in school is denying them of their Islamic identity and asking them not to be

proud of whom they are and not be confident in their Religious Identity
Osun state is neither Oyo nor Lagos states. The population of muslims in Osun is about 2.78% and calling them a minority is an overstatement. The muslims populations of Osun, Ondo and Ekiti states are very negligible. So imposing your Islamic culture on us is pure religious imperialism.

Araboy:

Hijab for some Muslims is a command and part of Muslims culture and not an  Arabic custom

Yes the language of Quran is Arabic but the culture of Islam is not Arabic

Islam is a set of principles accepting others cultures as long as it does not contradict the Principles

stop judging others according to your believe and desire no one here will follow your ways you are doomed to fail
Why do muslims get angry unnecessarily over issues concerning their religion?. That is why the ignorants among you tend to kill as the slightest provocation.

Araboy:

Insha  Allah et ca sera un autre deja vu pour toi

Back to sender. Oto oro o ko ro![forgive my poor Igbo].
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Sweetnecta: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2011
@Aloy@Emeka: « #10 on: Today at 12:28:21 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 10:30:08 AM

Which war are you talking about?. The one Othman Dan Fodio invaded the South with sword?. I am confused because muslims today are still trying to forcefully convert Christians. It is the Christians who give muslims leeway to do whatever they want in their midst which includes attending their schools and hospitals.[/Quote]I said recent. No one converted anyone, while many on nairaland have said Gowon, a christian man did the bidding for muslims. If he did, he was a bad christian, still not converted into islam. if he did no singe christian was asked to become muslim, no one forced anyone to become anything.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
For some ignorant people like aloyemeka,Osun state is one of yoruba land thats the muslims are 80% after Ilorin,so this news of complaints and hatred for Islam here and there should not even come in place.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by LagosShia: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
@aloy@emeka

firstly osun state is a majority muslim state.

secondly hijab does not obstruct or contradict uniform.it is a moral dress code that compliments any uniform for girls .

thirdly,you should not be complaining about "islamization of osun schools".you should be complaining about christianization of schools in osun and missionary activities there.

fourthly,you have in osun a christian missionary teacher flogging a muslim student over hijab while another teacher reported a muslim student to the police for the same hijab.this is religious persecution against muslims.the government should brought both the teachers and the police officer to the law.

fifthly,these schools are government schools.they are for all nigerians be they muslims or christians.and freedom of religion is guarateed.

sixthly,people keep saying how yoruba muslims are tolerant and peaceful.yet we have christian extremists reward their peaceful nature with hate and provocation.

seventhly,must you always feel threatened at the sight of muslims even peaceful ones practicing their faith?recently it was islamic banking that brought out christian fanaticism,now it is hijab in a majority muslim yoruba state.it shows that you do not tolerate anything islamic.it is time the yoruba muslims realize what the Quran says in one context:"the jews and the christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way".the fanatical christians in nigeria are showing exactly that.they display ignorance about islam and they are very intolerant and brainwashed and hateful too.

eigthly,no one here is forcing christian students to wear hijab.so why deprive muslims from practicing their faith?who is violating whose right here?
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 12:35am On Nov 19, 2011
LagosShia:

@aloy@emeka

secondly hijab does not obstruct or contradict uniform.it is a moral dress code that compliments any uniform for girls .

thirdly,you should not be complaining about "islamization of osun schools".you should be complaining about christianization of schools in osun and missionary activities there.

fourthly,you have in osun a christian missionary teacher flogging a muslim student over hijab while another teacher reported a muslim student to the police for the same hijab.this is religious persecution against muslims.the government should brought both the teachers and the police officer to the law.

fifthly,these schools are government schools.they are for all nigerians be they muslims or christians.and freedom of religion is guarateed.

sixthly,people keep saying how yoruba muslims are tolerant and peaceful.yet we have christian extremists reward their peaceful nature with hate and provocation.

seventhly,must you always feel threatened at the sight of muslims even peaceful ones practicing their faith?recently it was islamic banking that brought out christian fanaticism,now it is hijab in a majority muslim yoruba state.it shows that you do not tolerate anything islamic.it is time the yoruba muslims realize what the Quran says in one context:"the jews and the christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way".the fanatical christians in nigeria are showing exactly that.they display ignorance about islam and they are very intolerant and brainwashed and hateful too.

eigthly,no one here is forcing christian students to wear hijab.so why deprive muslims from practicing their faith?who is violating whose right here?

excellent points.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by olapluto(m): 1:11am On Nov 19, 2011
The issue of hijab in Iwo concerns many things. It is a problem that has been coming for a long time. I will try to set the scene as honest as I can.
Iwo has a majority Muslim population. In fact, Iwo is ranked top on the list of Yoruba towns with a love for the Quran. However, the Islam of love practised by our ancestors in Iwo seems to have been taken advantage of.
I start with Bowen University (formerly Anglican Teachers College or something like that). When the Anglicans came, the Imams in Iwo and our fathers gave them land free of charge. They even brought teachers and most of the teachers live in free houses. However, as typical of Christians crusaders, they started to steal land by dubious means. Bowen University keeps expanding on lands donated by Muslims, yet Islam is not formally allowed to be practised in the uni. The traditional council of Iwo and Oluponna both are worried by this blatant robbery by Bowen university. I was lucky to be in one of these meetings early this year. The people are not happy, but this is probably an issue for the near future.
In the secondary and primary schools, I will boldly say that the use of Ijab by school children is nothing new in Iwo and Oluponna. My family attend these schools. Baptist, St Paul, St Peter etc, all have majority Muslim students. The indigenous christians have always lived in respect for the Muslim tradition of Iwo and its surroundings. In fact, there is a christian Oba who attends Muslim functions such as Eid prayers. Such is the love between indigenous Muslims and Christians. I myself am a blend of the two sides. We do not differentiate.
However, there seem to be more overzealous school administrators posted to Iwo region. They are highly discriminatory against Muslims. I trust my people to be very peaceful, but they will also fight for their rights anyday. And you people will be surprised that there will be Christians joining the fight for Ijab in these schools. Iwo is one unique place where you can have a christian father and Muslim daughter. I hope the government can put the situation under calm. Chief Imam of Iwo land is a very peaceful man. Same as Oluponna, Kuta and environs. However , I think the people deserve to be respected.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Jenifa1: 2:11am On Nov 19, 2011
^ thanks for the insightful post.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2011
LagosShia:

Lies, Iwo is not equivalent to Osun state. Islamic presence in Osun is limited to a max of of 3% and majority of them are nominal and hypocritical at best. By that I mean that if the breeze blows hard, they will deny Muhammad in a jiffy.

LagosShia:

Are you really trying to argue this?. If every girl in the school is allowed to put something on their head based on traditional, ethnic or religious belief, then our schools will be flooded with color riot. Their school clothes is called "uniform" for a reason.

LagosShia:

thirdly,you should not be complaining about "islamization of osun schools".the title of the thread (i.e. the topic) is deceiving.the problem here is not hijab but christian persecution of muslim students.you should be complaining about christianization of schools in osun and missionary activities there.

You are joking right?. Can you list at least 10 schools or hospitals built by Islamic missionaries in Southwestern Nigeria[not only Osun state o]?. So our Christian brethren from afar built schools and hospitals only for muslims to come and lay claim to them?. Okay, I forgot that western education is a sin according to the book of Boko Haram 5 vs 3.

LagosShia:

Did y'all complain to the govt before mugging the teacher?. I wish olufunke who was murdered in Gombe for desecrating a quran before her students got a chance to be reprimanded by the govt, rather her head was chopped off simply to send a message to other christians that the blood of Dan Fodio[The first vampire missionary to invade Nigeria] is still flowing in their veins.

LagosShia:

Isn't that why I suggested that muslims should limit their religious practices to their mosques ajnd homes.

LagosShia:

Are you suggesting that Yoruba Christians are intolerant and violent?. Are you kidding me?. Yoruba muslims came into play when compared to the firebrand Northern shia muslims.

LagosShia:

seventhly,must you be always feel threatened at the sight of muslims even peaceful ones practicing their faith?recently it was islamic banking that brought out christian fanaticism,now it is hijab in a majority muslim yoruba state.it shows that you do not tolerate anything islamic.it is time the yoruba muslims realize what the Quran says in one context:"the jews and the christians would never be pleased with you (muslims) until you follow their way".the fanatical christians in nigeria are showing exactly that.they display ignorance about islam and they are very intolerant and brainwashed and hateful too.
To be HONEST, Christians don't give a rats behind about Islam. Unlike Islam that recognized Christianity, Christianity does not RECOGNIZE ISLAM or Muhammad. There is no place in the bible where Muhammad is mentioned. Christians actually believe that Muhammad may be a demon possessed paedophile who succeeded in brainwashing millions of followers around the world.  So, it means that over 90% of Nigerian Christians have neither opened a quran nor read one. Why then should they have complex issues about something they don't CARE if it exists?. Their only problem is using their funds to implement Islamic agenda. The muslims can floatt a bank for all I care but let the CBN/Nigerian govt desist from using general funds to foster an Islamic agenda.
You muslims all over don't get it why?. Why is it difficult for you guys that some people likes their privacy and will not appreciate being disturbed by another religion?. Did you see Oyedepo or Fr Edeh seek for FG fund to build universities?. We don't care as long as they use their resources to do it but Muslims will like to attach their agenda to the govt and solicit for state help before they can finish a project. In other words, forcing the govt to use taxes that are contributed by non compliant Christians or maharajians or Oluma olumbans to foster Islamic agenda. KEEP YOUR DOGGONE RELIGION TO YOURSELF,BRO. IS THAT TOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?. YOU CAN WORSHIP A CELLPHONE IF YOU LIKE BUT KEEP IT TO YOURSELF AND NEITHER THROW THE CELLPHONE AT ME NOR MAKE ME PAY FOR   IT. GETTIT NOW?

LagosShia:

When the schools are allowed to wear those, it scuttles their uniform code. Will they take it off when they want to do physical education?.
Same thing you guys tried in France and its now banned and even Tunisia which is a muslim country banned hijab. So why in the world should Osun state adopt that nonsense?. Are we in the 18th century?
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2011
ola_pluto:

The issue of hijab in Iwo concerns many things. It is a problem that has been coming  for a long time. I will try to set the scene as honest as I can.
Iwo has a majority Muslim population. In fact, Iwo is ranked top on the list of Yoruba towns with a love for the Quran. However, the Islam of love practised by our ancestors in Iwo seems to have been taken advantage of.
I start with Bowen University (formerly Anglican Teachers College or something like that). When the Anglicans came, the Imams in Iwo and our fathers gave them land free of charge. They even brought teachers and most of the teachers live in free houses. However, as typical of Christians crusaders, they started to steal land by dubious means.  Bowen University keeps expanding on lands donated by Muslims, yet Islam is not formally allowed to be practised in the uni. The traditional council of Iwo and Oluponna both are worried by this blatant robbery by Bowen university. I was lucky to be in one of these meetings early this year. The people are not happy, but this is probably an issue for the near future.
In the secondary and primary schools, I will boldly say that the use of Ijab by school children is nothing new in Iwo and Oluponna. My family attend these schools. Baptist, St Paul, St Peter etc, all have majority Muslim students. The indigenous christians have always lived in respect for the Muslim tradition of Iwo and its surroundings. In fact, there is a christian Oba who attends Muslim functions such as Eid prayers. Such is the love between indigenous Muslims and Christians. I myself am a blend of the two sides. We do not differentiate.
However, there seem to be more overzealous school administrators posted to Iwo region. They are highly discriminatory against Muslims. I trust my people to be very peaceful, but they will also fight for their rights anyday. And you people will be surprised that there will be Christians joining the fight for Ijab in these schools. Iwo is one unique place where you can have a christian father and Muslim daughter. I hope the government can put the situation under calm. Chief Imam of Iwo land is a very peaceful man. Same as Oluponna, Kuta and environs. However , I think the people deserve to be respected.

Stop your propaganda against BOWEN university please, If you have beef with them or may be they denied you admission, please go and resolve it with them instead of spreading lies here. All the missionaries in Nigeria received free land because they bring hospitals and schools with them. Stop claiming that you gave them stuff free as if other communities made them pay for it. Aren't you impressed at least that they asked for a piece of land so they can build infrastructures for your community free of charge. If Uthman Dan Fodio needed land, he will enter the community, massacre them and take over their land. He didn't have to beg for it like Christian missionaries because he ruled by terror. That's what Muhammad taught him. In their world, Jesus is a wimp.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Sweetnecta: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
christian missionary atrocities, a set of videos on youtube disproves aloy@emeka about the dove like quality of the missionary people.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by olawalebabs(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2011
This aloy is not ready to learn and i see her as a jester, talking for talking sake. Have she ever been to Osun State before, Saying there are more christain population in Osun. Moreover, what has wearing hijab got to do with hindering of teaching? this is a case of over zealous school administrators as Ola said. the 'people of the book' have a way of using the media to cause havoc, mayhem among the people. Aloy is a good example of them.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
People of the book are no more,these people do a different kind of religion,not even what is in their bible.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
[flash=200,200]http://javascript:void(0);[/flash]
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2011
alrite,Alhamdullilah
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2011
[flash=425,355(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyia5llq4NI]http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUOstgdb1ys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>flash]

[flash=425,355]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ky6ZTDz1IvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/flash]
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2011
[flash=425,355]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUOstgdb1ys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This pure undiluted teaching of Islam from the Bible,yet is the muslims that are practising it,i cant still believe congregational salat is in the bible,Nehemiah,alhamdullilahi again am a muslim,may Allah reward this brothers immensely in this life and in the hereafter,truly,falsehood perishes when truth manifest,is totally different from your sunday sunday or revival fake miracles,factless conversion that christians do to people.Anyone that sees this knows definately is perfectly worked out conversion by the permission of Allah.

Somebody TAKBIR

ALLAHU AKBAR.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by aloyemeka4: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2011
olawalebab:

This aloy is not ready to learn and i see her as a jester, talking for talking sake. Have she ever been to Osun State before, Saying there are more christain population in Osun.

Do you have the population of muslims in Osun?.I guess you don't. The great Olabowale of Nairaland once claimed that there are more 60% and 40% christians in the entire Yorubaland. You and I know his claim is ridiculous and the least you can do is to stop propagating those lies.

olawalebab:

/Moreover, what has wearing hijab got [b]to do with hindering of teaching? [/b]this is a case of over zealous school administrators as Ola said. the 'people of the book' have a way of using the media to cause havoc, mayhem among the people. Aloy is a good example of them.
It will distract students who actually came to study. I understand that muslims don't take school seriously because it is WESTERN and the only education they take seriously is Islamic studies. Good for them is all I can say.  Thats why poverty and illiteracy is highest among muslim communities in Nigeria. If you can say the truth, compare Yoruba muslims with Yoruba christians in terms of academics, business, middle class homes, etc and the truth should open your eyes.

The picture below is that of a muslim girl who is allowed to wear hijab in a French school. You see what they do under the radar?. I don't know about you but I don't want my little nieces, sisters, etc  to dress that way.

Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by olawalebabs(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2011
Osun central and osun west are predominately muslims, verify it. Osun east is where there's more christain. Confirm it. Do you expect us to believe the picture propaganda you posted?
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by olapluto(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2011
I will ignore @aloy and tell people who have opened their head and hearts my opinion. I do not think the elders of Iwo will back down on the request to let their children wear ijab to school. It is like a way of life. Most of these girls wear ijab all day, so why remove it for school? more so, ijab HAS NEVER been an issue in Iwo. Ever since I was able to tell my right from left, I have always seen school girls wearing ijab to school. My sisters wear it to school. Infact, one of them attended this baptist school in question. It has never been an issue until these overzealous school administrators started making it an issue. Like I said, it has been an issue brewing for a long time.
Meanwhile, as an update on the issue, this is a report on the tribune,

A meeting convened by community and religious leaders in Iwo town in Osun State to resolve the crisis over the usage of hijab in public schools ended in a stalemate.

The meeting, held at the secretariat of Iwo Local Government Area, was attended by all stakeholders, but no compromise was reached over the matter, while another meeting had to be scheduled for today.

Speaking on the development, a legal adviser to the community, Chief Ishola Tewogbade, said the issue was about enforcing the fundamental rights of the students.

He said public schools owned by Christians should allow Muslim female students to use hijab, though not mandatory.
Re: The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2011
@Aloyemeka,that picture is not about a muslim,but to attack Islam,just like you are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Why I Converted To Islam'- Former Actress Vivian Metchie Opens Up / Muslim Stop Deceiving Us / Is It Right To Have Foursome With Your Wives In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.