Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix (47658 Views)

From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 11:00am On Jan 05, 2014
Former Nigerian footballer and Mohammedan SC coach Emeka Ezeugo announced that he has embraced Islam after being inspired by the life of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him).

Emeka went to a Muslim cleric last week along with Mohammedan manager Amirul Islam, his former team-mate Kaiser Hamid, Zaker party leader Amir Faisal and club official Abu Hasan Prince to convert to Islam.

The former footballer, who represented Nigeria in the 1994 World Cup after playing for Mohammedan Sporting Club for nearly a decade, said he feels honoured to be a follower of the great prophet who he thinks is the greatest among all messengers of god.

‘I am always a curious person and studied different religions when I found the life of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) very inspiring,’ Emeka told New Age on Monday.

Emeka, who now has taken a new name Mustafa Mohammed, claimed that his family has accepted his decision, though they all are members of Roman Catholic Church.

‘I am a grown up man brother. I am free to make my own decisions. None of my family members protested the decision,’ said Emeka.

Emeka, however, said that the large number of friends he made in Bangladesh is like his family and they gave him good support in making the decision.

‘Bangladesh is my second home and I have some friends here who are like my brothers. They helped me in making the decision,’ Emeka said.

Emeka, 44, said he could not express his feeling about becoming a Muslim and felt like a Bangladeshi and it became stronger after converting to Islam. His life has become more disciplined as he has to offer prayers more now and follow some other rituals of the religion.

‘I have just planted a seed and now I have to nourish it into a tree. I know that I will discover many good sides of this decision with time but at this moment I can say the religion has made my life more disciplined,’ said Emeka.

He added that he will apply for a new passport with his new name once he returns to his home in Nigeria.

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/archive_details.php?date=2012-02-13&nid=50241

46 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by 3coins(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Igbo man....keep fooling dem sir!

107 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 11:17am On Jan 05, 2014
With profound gratitude and a blissful heart of colossal jubilation filled with indecipherable tears of unlimited joy and kind virtues which comes deeply from the bottom of my sweet melodious mind which flows like a stream of electrons moving swiftly and undisturbed as a dam filled with clean livingspring water I hereby welcome you Islam. You have indeed made the right choice.

Hope those Boko haramist are reading this. You don't go about forcing people to accept Islam thru bombing. Allah says in THE quran :

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! your Lord is Best Aware of him who strays from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go right. [16:125]

Allah says: “So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’ If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah’s sight are all of His servants.” [ Sûrah Âl `Imrân : 20]

Allah says: “The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the Message.
” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah : 99]

Allah says: “If it had been your Lord’s will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe?”
[ Sûrah Yûnus:99]
Thus the Prophet is told that his primary task is only to convey the message, that he is only a reminder, that he cannot guide whom he loves, that he cannot force people to accept the faith and that he must invite people to the way of God with wisdom and good admonition. Muslims are told not to argue with people of the book except in the best of ways,

263 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by peace3: 11:23am On Jan 05, 2014
They are terrorists,jihadist,blood suckers,backward in sense of reasoning,educationally disadvantage......bla bla bla bla,yet from paris hilton to liz anjorin,from janet jackson to clement gabriel,from anthony james to mike ezeogu.........something is special afterall that most of us don't know or don't want to tell.Congrats bro.This is the true religion of Allah(God) that Jesus(son of mary)may God be pleased with all of them practice from inception.I.e,total submission to the will of Allah(God)There is no deity worthy of worship except only Allah(God).

148 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by ibsmooth: 11:31am On Jan 05, 2014
A closer look and comparison amongst other faith shows Islam is just the true religion.Alhamdulillah

101 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by goodpath: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2014
Congrats bro.Those guys will later say it is wealth that pushed you to accepting this faith.

14 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by owobokiri(m): 11:38am On Jan 05, 2014
Convert or no convert, if i see any mosque at urualla,i will organise a riot. Igbos have been spared of the diblitating trends associated with islam, less than 0.5% of igbo population are muslim, we are blessed.. we have christian dogmas and the menace called traditional religion to deal with, adding another layer of trouble shouldnt be of any help. Islamic inroad into igboland should be mercilessly repelled. To hell with freedom of religion. . This particular religion will bring no upgrade to the process of igbo cultural modernistion, so what is the use? You convert qnd you stay there.. On this one, we have to be culturally cocky before it becomes a trend.

51 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2014
Maybe he couldn't find a mental hospital in Bangladesh so he went to the next available alternative.

31 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by Drniyi4u(m): 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
Allahu Akbar!

78 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by harttrick: 11:54am On Jan 05, 2014
This is the crux of the matter.Which is why part of the problem christianity faces today.It is the invention of many unscrulture things.To start with,is it a crime that an igbo man converts to islam?Rev father matthew kukah of sokoto diocese is a christian convert who hails from kano,am sure most of you don't know this.there are pure hausa christians from kano and hell has not let loose.For instance,part of janet jackson reason for dumping christianity for islam was that,she never know why the bible primarily is divided into two,that of 66 books and 73 books.Paul who never saw paul in his life has author most of the books in bible.The lists are endless.My friend just travel to U.S or U.k,you will die to see how christians are accepting islam despite the many challenges it faces of few disgruntle elements painting it black(which every religion have)In christianity for instances,nudity in church,prostitution,armed robbery etc are perpetrated mostly by xtians.please go to kainji,shiroro or any nearby PHCN transformer and HUG it,I believe harmattan dey worry you.
owobokiri: Convert or no convert, if i see any mosque at urualla,i will organise a riot. Igbos have been spared of the diblitating trends associated with islam, less than 0.5% of igbo population are muslim, we are blessed.. we have christian dogmas and the menace called traditional religion to deal with, adding another layer of trouble shouldnt be of any help. Islamic inroad into igboland should be mercilessly repelled. To hell with freedom of religion. . This particular religion will bring no upgrade to the process of igbo cultural modernistion, so what is the use? You convert qnd you stay there.. On this one, we have to be culturally cocky before it becomes a trend.

66 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by emeka94(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Nafeesa AA: With profound gratitude and a blissful heart of colossal jubilation filled with indecipherable tears of unlimited joy and kind virtues which comes deeply from the bottom of my sweet melodious mind which flows like a stream of electrons moving swiftly and undisturbed as a dam filled with clean livingspring water I hereby welcome you Islam. You have indeed made the right choice.

Hope those Boko haramist are reading this. You don't go about forcing people to accept Islam thru bombing. Allah says in THE quran :

Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! your Lord is Best Aware of him who strays from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go right. [16:125]

Allah says: “So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’ If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah’s sight are all of His servants.” [ Sûrah Âl `Imrân : 20]

Allah says: “The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the Message.
” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah : 99]

Allah says: “If it had been your Lord’s will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe?”
[ Sûrah Yûnus:99]
Thus the Prophet is told that his primary task is only to convey the message, that he is only a reminder, that he cannot guide whom he loves, that he cannot force people to accept the faith and that he must invite people to the way of God with wisdom and good admonition. Muslims are told not to argue with people of the book except in the best of ways,
Ok

2 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by MeAboki(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Allahu Akbar, may he feel welcomed and be a true exemplary Muslim whose conduct would serve as an inspiration to others, yet to see the light, to also follow in his footsteps towards the right path into the only true religion of Allah - Islam.

25 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Front Page Thing.

5 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by onside: 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Seun,are u asleep?MOD.......front page

1 Like

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by FakeJews: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
the way Igbo convert to muslim dis day.!no be small thing ooo.! grin

9 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by cashkid18(m): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
how much was he paid luks lik he was paid a gud sum of moni undecided

11 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by ogbonge9grian: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
Money must be involved. Shikena

7 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by owobokiri(m): 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
I will try to extricate the soul of this exchange from the pettiness that is your outburst above.. I am looking at the bigger picture and as such one utterly bemused Emeka Ezeugo is just too little to cause enough harm. Yet he is not one Mr Nobody. I am worried about the negative cultural imports that comes with modern day islam. I dont see that as the best route for the igbo. Luckily, islamic worship in igboland is rare. From where i am this reality is a plus. We should be more concerned with some negative aspects of religion, christianity included. So your example about one kukah isnt necessary.Today it is almost a taboo fo a pentecostal igbo man to marry say a catholic. Why?? Because some airheads have taken it upon themselves, the art of reading and guessing Gods mind. Imagine where we add seperate cabs for man and woman, long bears, jumper trousers, 4 wives, early marriages, women in puddah, power comes from god mentaity, education is evil etc. Do we need those in igboland?? Do you see those as the improvements we need? How can we allow these nonsense to subsist all in the name of political correctness? To hell with fredom of religion on this one. we have to conduct a sort of spanish inquisition.

harttrick: This is the crux of the matter.Which is why part of the problem christianity faces today.It is the invention of many unscrulture things.To start with,is it a crime that an igbo man converts to islam?Rev father matthew kukah of sokoto diocese is a christian convert who hails from kano,am sure most of you don't know this.there are pure hausa christians from kano and hell has not let loose.For instance,part of janet jackson reason for dumping christianity for islam was that,she never know why the bible primarily is divided into two,that of 66 books and 73 books.Paul who never saw paul in his life has author most of the books in bible.The lists are endless.My friend just travel to U.S or U.k,you will die to see how christians are accepting islam despite the many challenges it faces of few disgruntle elements painting it black(which every religion have)In christianity for instances,nudity in church,prostitution,armed robbery etc are perpetrated mostly by xtians.please go to kainji,shiroro or any nearby PHCN transformer and HUG it,I believe harmattan dey worry you.

23 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by experimentist: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
God is great....I will like to marry his daughter cry

3 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by kehinde1588(m): 12:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
Masha Allah! Islam is my pride! If u ar a proudly muslim pls like dis

163 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by backtosender: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
i no this guy emeka ezeugo he love night clubs and women a lot eeeyaaah emeka don dey kolo.Like OBJ reply to asari I feel sorry for u mekus e don reach this level?

4 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by FakeJews: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
owobokiri: Convert or no convert, if i see any mosque at urualla,i will organise a riot. Igbos have been spared of the diblitating trends associated with islam, less than 0.5% of igbo population are muslim, we are blessed.. we have christian dogmas and the menace called traditional religion to deal with, adding another layer of trouble shouldnt be of any help. Islamic inroad into igboland should be mercilessly repelled. To hell with freedom of religion. . This particular religion will bring no upgrade to the process of igbo cultural modernistion, so what is the use? You convert qnd you stay there.. On this one, we have to be culturally cocky before it becomes a trend.
And ur people can build church everywhere hypocrite..!

12 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by harlos: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
3coins: Igbo man....keep fooling dem sir!
You siddon there dey look.

4 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by FakeJews: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nafeesa AA: Front Page Thing.
coolseconded.!
Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by coalcoal1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
interesting story

1 Like

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by ChiSun27(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote authtor=3coins]Igbo man....keep fooling dem sir! [/quote]

u must b a thief....how did u manage to steal dat word from me?

1 Like

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by Dreyl(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Allahu Akbar

19 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fake Jews!!:
coolseconded.!

Front Page Thing

2 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
go and die if e dy pain u, and if dn build am make u and ur family go fight riot. tank God nah u type am, and very soon u go talk say Muslims dy kill, wen u get killing habit for heart, ode omo.......u beta change for good before it too late....
lol

19 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by owobokiri(m): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
I should go and die abi? Your brother suggested i hug a transformer, i will suggest you two should be relocated to zambissa forest in Bornu where there will be enough bombastic hugs and kisses with fellow peacefull brethrens..

oro'6z:
go and die if e dy pain u, and if dn build am make u and ur family go fight riot. tank God nah u type am, and very soon u go talk say Muslims dy kill, wen u get killing habit for heart, ode omo.......u beta change for good before it too late....
lol

14 Likes

Re: EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam. Pix by Mightymanna(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dispite the multiple verses of the bible,the multiple verses that also prove that jesus is not more than a messenger multiple lies and palgierism multiple conversion of the book i dont know why the remaining christian refused to accept islam they just chooce to be non practicing christians.beside my family are also christians before. my grandfather told me that the main reason why he convert to islam is 3 reasons (1)he listen to ahmad deedat lecture about the death of jesus he used the bible to prove that jesus is not dead thats why mary go to look for him and she even said to take away. i dont want talk too much(2)its the bloody lie about good FRIDAY easther MONDAY while even a primary school student will prove the fact that its GOOD WEDNESDAY(3)and another thing is about the muslim HIJAB he conclude that only the holy GOD of heaven will prefared muslim way of dressing thats why he start to believe that islam is not satans religion and it will never be,gradually he forget about christian propaganda and start to find out the truth himself so he bought english translated Quran and he find out this book must be from heaven.Allahu akbar the story is very long but this how God intervene in our life and make us muslim am very pround of my grandfather

53 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Allahu Akbar Appears On A Tree In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Photos / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy / Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.