Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff (14822 Views)

This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Nazgul: 2:29pm On Apr 14
I agree with them. A lot of companies and factories were forcefully dragged into band A. This act alone by the Discos would definitely force them to increase the prices of their products as a result of the increased electricity tariff.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by updatedws: 2:32pm On Apr 14
Because the increment does not reflect on their salary. The increment only benefits FG and major stakeholders like Otedola and co.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Themanleshey: 2:34pm On Apr 14
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when you elect a visionless criminal to lead you .he will steal all your joy.lamentation everywhere. still waiting to see anything the masses can thank God for since APC took over power .in 2015 they asked this question below

When you have the opportunity to be more exposed you will know that this current government is not visionless .

I know that no matter what I talk you will still not agree with me , but if you must respond to this , pls make sure you come up with good points.

Politics is over , let’s face reality now .

How many country can you go even in Africa , am not talking about America or Europe that you get things as cheap as they are in Nigeria .

Previous government subsidize almost everything ,

Fuel
Eletricity
Education , almost 90 % free from nursery till secondary school.
Currency
Even Pilgrimage , E.g hajj

Hence that same government can’t even afford to pay 30,000 minimum wage , because they are poor .

A country or almost 200 m as they claimed have a budget of 36, million usd while south Africa of less than 60, m has a budget of 97, million usd .

And with our little budget , our political still end up stealing it , living large as if we are rich but the reality is that we are not .

Nigeria need to do away with all most of these subsidies, increase minimum wage and let reality drive the economy so that people can invest in the economy .

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Flier: 2:34pm On Apr 14
I wonder why they cant simply turn off their freezer and air conditioner to calm their anger grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Blaze14k: 2:37pm On Apr 14
You know when we tell these agbado miscreants same thing they think tinubu knows the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by 12345baba(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14
Nepa staff dey fear.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Brushstrokes20: 2:41pm On Apr 14
eBOLA has only come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY💯💯
No more, no less 💯
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14
Initially the hike tariff was implemented on my Prepaid Meter but I'm happy it has been reversed. It's crazy.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by specialmati(m): 2:55pm On Apr 14
Themanleshey:

When you have the opportunity to be more exposed you will know that this current government is not visionless .

I know that no matter what I talk you will still not agree with me , but if you must respond to this , pls make sure you come up with good points.

Politics is over , let’s face reality now .

How many country can you go even in Africa , am not talking about America or Europe that you get things as cheap as they are in Nigeria .

Previous government subsidize almost everything ,

Fuel
Eletricity
Education , almost 90 % free from nursery till secondary school.
Currency
Even Pilgrimage , E.g hajj

Hence that same government can’t even afford to pay 30,000 minimum wage , because they are poor .

A country or almost 200 m as they claimed have a budget of 36, million usd while south Africa of less than 60, m has a budget of 97, million usd .

And with our little budget , our political still end up stealing it , living large as if we are rich but the reality is that we are not .

Nigeria need to do away with all most of these subsidies, increase minimum wage and let reality drive the economy so that people can invest in the economy .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don't read excuses for failure.APC came on board because people were complaining that PDP was bad .so didn't you think APC shouldn't come on board since they are visionless and have no solution to any problem than causing the people more pain.wait are you happy they way the country is being run by this visionless people .you make excuses for idiots that has no solution to make country work.are you sure you are ok.what does it take to make this country work if the leaders have vision

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Caleb15(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14
What has consistently escaped most nigerians in this entire travesty is the fact that mediocrity destroys the very fabric of a country as surely as a war-ushering in all sorts of banality,ineptitude,corruption, and debauchery. Nations enshrine mediocrity as their modus operandi, and create the fetile ground for the rise of tyrants and other base elements of the society,by silently assenting to the dismantling of systems of excelence because they do not immediately benefit one specific ethnic,racial,political or special-interest group. That, in my humble opinion is precisely where nigeria finds itself today!

#ChinuaAchebe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Babaken(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14
sbibi:
They are Nigerians whose wife, mother, father, sisters friends and associates suffers to put food on the table too
not like Nigeria police that go after those protesting for better life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Haaland21: 2:57pm On Apr 14
Prigidypogodo:
Thunder scatter Tinubu insha Allah amin
Thunder scatter Tinubu
Scatter Seyi Tinubu
Scatter Remi Tinubu
Thunder scatter Tinubu insha Allah amin.

Hahahahahaha nice song 😃

Freedom of speech
No freedom after speech.

If hand touch you now ...u would start begging.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Haaland21: 3:00pm On Apr 14
Blaze14k:
You know when we tell these agbado miscreants same thing they think tinubu knows the best.

Nothing like agbado miscreants.
Agbado is maize.

I have schooled this ipob sympathizer this afternoon.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by dammiedot(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don't read excuses for failure.APC came on board because people were complaining that PDP was bad .so didn't you think APC shouldn't come on board since they are visionless and have no solution to any problem than causing the people more pain.wait are you happy they way the country is being run by this visionless people .you make excuses for idiots that has no solution to make country work.are you sure you are ok.what does it take to make this country work if the leaders have vision

You are reacting, not responding.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Checkwell: 3:08pm On Apr 14
TemplarLandry:
Truly, let the poor breaaf. 🙂 *in Jagaban's voice*

Truly, these workers' eyes dey see o. Hmm.

I dedicate "Eyes" by Reminisce feat. Mayorkun to those workers.
Great jam!

Dedication in the mud. Trash.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by specialmati(m): 3:08pm On Apr 14
dammiedot:

You are reacting, not responding.
grin grin grin grin grin grin I don't need respond because he is making excuses for visionless criminal that Nigerians voted to make things work

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by 7arrows: 3:11pm On Apr 14
Prigidypogodo:
Thunder scatter Tinubu
Scatter Seyi Tinubu
Scatter Remi Tinubu
Thunder scatter Tinubu insha Allah amin.

Hahahahahaha nice song 😃

I would have truly loved the thunder to scatter them but the truth is that no thunder is goin to do that. If that was possible it would have scattered buhari before now. So let's put more efforts in removing those bastards in the next election rather than asking for what is not visible.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Truvelisback(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14
The electricity workers too use and pay for electricity in their homes. So, they know what it takes too.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by 7arrows: 3:14pm On Apr 14
Magnumproperty:

Who are we to even believe now sef? A nairalander said that truly they are enjoying 20 to 24 hours of power daily. But you are saying otherwise here. Who are we to believe now? It is well with Nigeria.

Before now places like magodo and omole enjoy 20 hours light because they are premium (they pay more) but that actually doesn't make sense to me. I've never heard of such in my years of traveling around the world. It's a shame on us.

Now the truth is that there's nothing like bank A or B or C. It's all a scam so that the population will not cry. In a few months and even already happening everyone will be on the SAME SO CALLED BAND WAGON AND PAY THE NEW TARIFFS
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by DeepSight(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14
Themanleshey:
The truth of the matter is that the country will remain poor , while the poor remain poorer if proper things are not put in place .

No one will invest their money in electricity as long as we keep to old tariff . It’s obvious to even the deaf and blind .

I must confess that the category A tariff is high , and maybe government need to bring it down a bit . But if we really want power in this country like we are really yawning for it , the tariff must go up .

And government need to act now as regards new minimum wage !

After this electricity thing, I am just waiting for what next and where next the government will think of to inflict another vicious bite on the citizenry.

Because as surely as night followeth day, so surely will they think of where next to bite viciously.

This is certain and sure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by 9jatriot(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14
They don't need to write to the FG, they should write to their employers. If their employers agree then fine, after all, all NERC did was just to approve the request of their employers to increase the tariff, to which the NERC said it has to be done in phases and to be sure those who are getting the increase are also well served, hence the 20 hrs per day benchmark.

If the owners of the company where they work agree, that is fine but they know that the subsidy for those people will also not be paid to them, which means even these employees' salary will not be sure.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by MajorOvakporaye(f): 3:26pm On Apr 14
VibrantOLA44:
Good afternoon, well-meaning Nigerians,

Please I need your help Sir/Ma.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Friday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Friday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No. 26, Osuolale Street, Bode Olude, Ita-Elega, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 9 0 6 6 0 4 0 6 5 2

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo V3.

Price: 20k

Please buy my phone if you live close to my street or Bode Olude in Abeokuta. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.

Ask Gbola Tilumbu to help you. He is your brother.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Prigidypogodo(f): 3:29pm On Apr 14
Haaland21:

Freedom of speech
No freedom after speech.

If hand touch you now ...u would start begging.
Ebi na mpawa oooo
Tinubu We are hungry ooo
all the way from Ogun Osun Oyo Ekiti
we're Ebi na mpawa oo
give us gbegiri to drink
give us agbado to chop
give us owambe to dance
give us omonile jobs
give us agbero jobs
so we'll not scream
Ebi na mpawa oooo

Hahahahahaha nice song

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by adenigga(m): 3:31pm On Apr 14
seunlayi:

Set awọn polical BANDits
grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by CrossRhodes: 3:40pm On Apr 14
Even NERC sabi say e no fit work....

That clueless minister has to go
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Available9: 3:58pm On Apr 14
I have not had light for two days now, I bought units at the new increased price...so what band is that ?
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Magnumproperty: 4:19pm On Apr 14
7arrows:

Before now places like magodo and omole enjoy 20 hours light because they are premium (they pay more) but that actually doesn't make sense to me. I've never heard of such in my years of traveling around the world. It's a shame on us.

Now the truth is that there's nothing like bank A or B or C. It's all a scam so that the population will not cry. In a few months and even already happening everyone will be on the SAME SO CALLED BAND WAGON AND PAY THE NEW TARIFFS
How do we now enjoy constant power supply if we pay less? Do other countries who have steady power supply pay less? Do government of countries you've been to subsidize electricity for their citizens if they pay less?
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by budaatum: 4:23pm On Apr 14
Themanleshey:

We should start by getting rid of Youth Service, which is a backward way of subsidising labour costs.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by racerve(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14
nairavsdollars:
Rogues. Because they are also affected. They won't say that if they and their families enjoy free electricity

Which kind of fish brain logic is this?

Since we're making up hypotheticals: if they were all making 5m monthly, they won't say anything either.

It doesn't matter what their motivations are; they're choosing to fight for Nigerians – which is commendable.
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by OnionBandit(f): 4:57pm On Apr 14
I like this

So they don't become endangered species..esp whenever they try doing their thing (disconnecting light of defaulting users)

Abeg, people eye dey red o! I pray the government discontinues with the ongoing plans of increasing electricity tariff
Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by micxwell(m): 5:36pm On Apr 14
Available9:
I have not had light for two days now, I bought units at the new increased price...so what band is that ?
That's the painful thing. I use roughly 50 to 70 kW in my house. I will easily pay that if we have constant electricity. The truth is, even with that amount, people will manage to pay if they know they'll enjoy an uninterrupted power supply.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff by Themanleshey: 5:49pm On Apr 14
specialmati:

You are the visionless person here , if you don’t see that the touches of government in revamping the economy and putting it on the right path .

Pls mr vision-full man , can you provide five suggestions or solutions to Nigeria problem. Just mention 5

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Victory At Last: FG Cancels Lekki Toll Gate Charges / How Lagos Assembly Is Caging Ambode With Impeachment Threat / Gov Ajimobi, Alaafin Of Oyo And Olubadan Spotted Together At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.