Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? (36356 Views)

How Were You Able To Travel Abroad? / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / If You Are Given The Oppurtunity To Travel Abroad Where Would You Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Nokio2: 10:40am On Apr 15
.Put on ur Reno shoe's

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Tranquility2345: 10:50am On Apr 15
LINSAR:

Thanks a lot for this. Your responses are always eye opening.

I noticed these countries' universities favor STEM courses. Any hope for people in management sciences, with a 2:1 at that?
I know it's possible but is there anything I can do to successfully compete against STEM people?

Miracles happen…
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by MT: 10:52am On Apr 15
LINSAR:

Thanks a lot for this. Your responses are always eye opening.

I noticed these countries' universities favor STEM courses. Any hope for people in management sciences, with a 2:1 at that?
I know it's possible but is there anything I can do to successfully compete against STEM people?

My two cents is know that F1 visa (Student visa) does NOT directly lead to green card in the United States.

If seeking permanent residency is your focus after your studies, map out a robust strategy before you depart to avoid story that touches the heart,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by fidel2(m): 10:52am On Apr 15
Gerrard59:

You only need GRE fee, TOEFL fee, WES fee, SEVIS fee, visa application fee and flight ticket. Aside the UK, most countries' universities' offer scholarships, and as you stated, they are competitive. Why shouldn't they be? Everyone loves good things, and good things don't come easy or cheap. Yu must work hard for them. In order to compete, you need to have a competitive profile. I would outline the profile of folks I know one-on-one and from a distance:

- First class in Biotechnology from a private university and MSc from a federal university in the south east who is pursuing his PhD in the US. Source of funding: Graduate Fellowship (very competitive form of sponsorship by US' universities).
- First class in Biotechnology from a federal university who pursues his graduate studies in the US. His first class was even celebrated on the front page sef.
- First class in Chemistry from a federal university, and I think should be done with his PhD in the US. Prior to leaving Nigeria, he taught GRE/GMAT to job seekers in Nigeria.
- First class in Petrochemical engineering from a state university now in Canada pursuing his MSc, and as we discussed would move to the US for his PhD. He was a math teacher prior to leaving Nigeria.

While all are first class (including others too numerous to mention), there are also those with 2.1 who get scholarship to study abroad. I know one who did and would complete his PhD this year. I know another in Germany who we communicated via Nairaland and should be done with his PhD sef. Had a 4.33 in Chemistry from a state university. Myself, I had a 2.1 and got scholarships when I arrived. My parents said either I get scholarships as 25 million would not be spent even though they had/have it. No be only me dem born.

To secure these scholarships, your profile must be competitive, as admission into grad school is very competitive. I thought competition would have reduced as Chinese students shy away from the US, but Indians don cover the gap. First class graduates are more likely to be sponsored because foreign universities judge us mainly based on our grades before other factors compared to how they would assess Americans, Europeans or Chinese. A Chinese grad with 2.1. from Fudan University has little to exhibit compared to a 2.1. from UNIBEN. To compete favourably against that Fudan grad, it is better to possess a first class.

Bros I really need you to enlighten me biko.... If possible I can have your WhatsApp number sir... Mine is 08109667896 thank u sir
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Tranquility2345: 10:53am On Apr 15
Caramia2020:
So many people has passed through Libya but half of the population weren't able to tell their stories, so it's better not to force things, if one is not privileged. If I have 25m I won't bother to leave my beloved Nigeria.

What do you mean by ‘so many people has passed through’? Better go and buy Brighter Grammar to learn the difference between has and have before Yamayama fall on that your big head angry

3 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by flexyrule(m): 10:53am On Apr 15
maleekberry:
If you can raise 40 million naira, why travel abroad? Use your 40 million naira to hustle your way to the top. With God on your side very achievable.

Why most people for naija never blow is simply because there's no seed capital.

If you have a seed capital like 5 to 10 million as a graduate. Just start business forget about going abroad.

Nigeria is still a virgin land so many things to explore unlike abroad.
Wait till you make 40m.
Then you will know that priorities change.

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by flexyrule(m): 10:54am On Apr 15
Caramia2020:
So many people has passed through Libya but half of the population weren't able to tell their stories, so it's better not to force things, if one is not privileged. If I have 25m I won't bother to leave my beloved Nigeria.
If you have N25m, you won't be calling Nigeria "beloved" again.

3 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by SlavaUkraini: 10:55am On Apr 15
AbuTwins:

You just dey watch film!

Do you think the aim of Iran is to kill like Israel has been doing?

If that is the case Iran won't have notified them before the attack!

Iran is just testing the microphone to expose it's defects...hope you understand sha.

And no defects was exposed with the barrage of missiles that was fired...

More than 90% of them was intercepted not by only the IDF but with the help of the Americans, Britain and even Jordan...

Iran has few friends in the middle east because it is a known sponsor of terrorism
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:57am On Apr 15
helinues:
There is this wrong perception of when you travel abroad, then automatically life should be normal. That's very wrong.

To start with, everywhere is an abroad, abi where would the British in Nigeria said he is if not abroad.

If you can not maintain your standard of living in Nigeria, it would be very hard for you to maintain it when you get abroad. We pay bills whenever we fill like in Nigeria but in Abroad , it's monthly, if you did not pay your house rent when due, then be ready to sleep outside, even if you had such experience in Nigeria, there are friends and family around but in abroad, you are on your own.

Except if you are going on scholarship, have a degree certificate that can secure you decent job without sweating or have things you do yourself that can give you money, anything from the above, stay put in Nigeria, don't even consider some of my family are in the same country, hahah, you go regret am bitterly..

Reasonable numbers of Nigerians are living far more comfortable than those in the abroad. The bills headache heh.

Travelling abroad is not meant for everyone.

Keep shut!!! Ignoramus. You're talking trash.

5 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by BigYash: 11:01am On Apr 15
Leonard04:
My leaving was a miracle months ago
Which church run am for you?
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by VanuatuWycombe: 11:02am On Apr 15
LINSAR:
So I've been frequenting travel section visa threads for a while now. Each time I go there, I get discouraged.
You see people asking if 25 million naira proof of funds is enough or they need to add more shocked
People traveling out every time and the cost is not little at all.

I know people get scholarships to study but it's very competitive and not certain. Even with scholarships, one will still need good money.

How are people from not so buoyant homes doing it? Is there a trick for people like us whose parents don't even have properties to sell for sponsorship?

Ps: USA is my goal, and I'll be studying a management science course; if this info is necessary.

Don’t apply for management courses in the US, if you are older than 18. E get why…. your chances of getting the visa are slimmer than a 1mm diameter thread.
If your brain fit carry all those STEM courses, go for that. Think of courses in that field that are not too expensive, otherwise, go and study in Europe fez and later on cross to the US.

2 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by AbuTwins: 11:03am On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

And no defects was exposed with the barrage of missiles that was fired...

More than 90% of them was intercepted not by only the IDF but with the help of the Americans, Britain and even Jordan...
Yeah i agree as they were informed of the attack from Iran prior to the attack. What kind of attacker informs you prior to attacking you?

Iran has few friends in the middle east because it is a known sponsor of terrorism

Terrorism is defined based on the person defining it.

USA went to Iraq and terrorised them killing many including Saddam with the goal of looking weapon of mass destruction which till today they won't find!

Who has ever called them terrorist?

USA and its allies are the first terrorists before any other!
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by BigDawsNet: 11:04am On Apr 15
LINSAR:
So I've been frequenting travel section visa threads for a while now. Each time I go there, I get discouraged.
You see people asking if 25 million naira proof of funds is enough or they need to add more shocked

I know people get scholarships to study but it's very competitive and not certain. Even with scholarships, one will still need good money.

How are people from not so buoyant homes doing it? Is there a trick for people like us whose parents don't even have properties to sell for sponsorship?

Ps: USA is my goal, and I'll be studying a management science course; if this info is necessary.

1. Access to loan with good collateral to stand for...
I hav a cousin with big hotel in his possession as father ain't around no more... he submitted as collateral, got big funds and moved to study abroad...

2. Selling off properties and Lands..
Some people hav building to dia name maybe from inheritance... they just sell it off and make use the funds for travel

3.Some have families, cousins, Uncle/Aunties who are God sent... you talk to them and dey gather up some funds to help you relocate..

4. Some won Bet codely and use the funds to migrate..
I knew a guy that won around 20m few years back.. he dint spend 1naira of the money to flex... rather he used it to migrate him self and his family to study abroad...

So dere are many ways... you just hav to find one that can work for you

Goodluck

6 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:07am On Apr 15
tensazangetsu20:
If you are actually going to the study in the US, there's a lot of scholarships available especially at postgraduate level.

More information pls
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:09am On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

You can pass through the corner of the Libyan desert linking through to the high seas.... ⛵⛵⛵

All Japa na Japa...

Still looking for legit information on this corner I swear I don't mind
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by femi4: 11:09am On Apr 15
LINSAR:

By being extremely brilliant

If you have 5.0, your scholarship and admission is done n dusted

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by 004gist: 11:11am On Apr 15
ecolime:
Dem fit get family land wey dem sell and you no know. Then some get scholarships.

Many people leave the country for sanity of their minds. Most can't handle the Naija stress. It's not necessarily to get to the top.

Can you explain the above?
Another line some people left for kids.. I have 4 parents currently in my school that have lost their kids to the government through social care. I mean between space of 7 months of my stay here..i see am korokoro. One is 5 kids including twins. Woman wants to run mad. And all of this parents lost their jobs. Are jobless currently

My brother Nigeria gives more sanity than this countries except u have a good job as expatriates, someone to bail u out in difficulties etc.

The time u start to remain stable is when u have your permanent residence.
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:14am On Apr 15
Anyone with a legit information about Libya route ? Since visa is not available
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Newton2024: 11:16am On Apr 15
LINSAR:
Like how much?
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by SlavaUkraini: 11:17am On Apr 15
winner37:

Still looking for legit information on this corner I swear I don't mind

You must be ready to die if this is the route you want to take...

Are you ready to die ?

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by yewit37486: 11:18am On Apr 15
MajorOvakporaye:

Keep shut!!! Ignoramus. You're talking trash.

That boy's foolishness is legendary. I can see why most people responding to the OP's question simply ignored his response.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:19am On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

You must be ready to die if this is the route you want to take...

Are you ready to die ?

I don't think I will die because people who took the same route lived
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Newton2024: 11:21am On Apr 15
Gerrard59:
How does a fully funded international scholarship works? Would they pay for my visa and ticket?
Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by SlavaUkraini: 11:21am On Apr 15
winner37:

I don't think I will die because people who took the same route lived

Majority died when their boat ⛵⛵⛵ went under

Go and ask questions before you embark on a journey of no return..

Google, YouTube are your friends.... Ask questions

2 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by WantsandMore: 11:21am On Apr 15
Gerrard59:

You only need GRE fee, TOEFL fee, WES fee, SEVIS fee, visa application fee and flight ticket. Aside the UK, most countries' universities' offer scholarships, and as you stated, they are competitive. Why shouldn't they be? Everyone loves good things, and good things don't come easy or cheap. Yu must work hard for them. In order to compete, you need to have a competitive profile. I would outline the profile of folks I know one-on-one and from a distance:

- First class in Biotechnology from a private university and MSc from a federal university in the south east who is pursuing his PhD in the US. Source of funding: Graduate Fellowship (very competitive form of sponsorship by US' universities).
- First class in Biotechnology from a federal university who pursues his graduate studies in the US. His first class was even celebrated on the front page sef.
- First class in Chemistry from a federal university, and I think should be done with his PhD in the US. Prior to leaving Nigeria, he taught GRE/GMAT to job seekers in Nigeria.
- First class in Petrochemical engineering from a state university now in Canada pursuing his MSc, and as we discussed would move to the US for his PhD. He was a math teacher prior to leaving Nigeria.

While all are first class (including others too numerous to mention), there are also those with 2.1 who get scholarship to study abroad. I know one who did and would complete his PhD this year. I know another in Germany who we communicated via Nairaland and should be done with his PhD sef. Had a 4.33 in Chemistry from a state university. Myself, I had a 2.1 and got scholarships when I arrived. My parents said either I get scholarships as 25 million would not be spent even though they had/have it. No be only me dem born.

To secure these scholarships, your profile must be competitive, as admission into grad school is very competitive. I thought competition would have reduced as Chinese students shy away from the US, but Indians don cover the gap. First class graduates are more likely to be sponsored because foreign universities judge us mainly based on our grades before other factors compared to how they would assess Americans, Europeans or Chinese. A Chinese grad with 2.1. from Fudan University has little to exhibit compared to a 2.1. from UNIBEN. To compete favourably against that Fudan grad, it is better to possess a first class.
You wrote well but kindly desist from giving out too much info about you or your fam. It's a security risk. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:23am On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

Majority died when their boat ⛵⛵⛵ went under

Go and ask questions before you embark on a journey of no return..

Everyone has different luck....if I should go and succeed nko ?
If decided to get on the boat with lifevest nko ?

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by Newton2024: 11:25am On Apr 15
helinues:
There is this wrong perception of when you travel abroad, then automatically life should be normal. That's very wrong.
Why are Tinubu's notorious supporters all anti Japa, even those who have japad among you will be like, "don't come to US o, Nigeria is better." The demons working in you guys is very selfish and wicked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by SlavaUkraini: 11:25am On Apr 15
winner37:

Everyone has different luck....if I should go and succeed nko ?
If decided to get on the boat with lifevest nko ?

Then go in peace and arrive safely at the Asylum that awaits you...

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by winner37(m): 11:26am On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

Then go in peace and arrive safely at the Asylum that awaits you...

And peace be unto you same

1 Like

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by mushroomFarm: 11:27am On Apr 15
LINSAR:

I travelled to Russia by applying to a school that only accepts payment on arrival. That way all I had to do was send my documents, they sent my visa invite, I went to the embassy, got my visa (proof of funds not needed for Russia) booked my flight (280k to Moscow as of two years ago) and came to Russia. You can reach out. Will gladly offer more info. Russia is beautiful and the people are nice towards foreigners.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? by studycenter: 11:29am On Apr 15
Well thought question. While some are born with the opportunity, others work so hard and pray for luck. I know a guy in the US now that got his funding via betting. Imagine that! What is yours will be yours, no matter your background.

Check my signature if you need help with study material for any exam there is. Comprehensively text, audio and video lectures that give you a classroom experience while you self-study.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Warplanes Fly First Combat Missions Off Foreign Aircraft Carrier Since WWII / Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? / "We Nigerians Are Beggars In Italy, There Is No Job Here" - Nigerian Guy (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.