Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology (39681 Views)

‘BSC In Law’ Graduate, Vera Anyim Storms Dunamis Church In Port Harcourt / Pastor Enenche Meets Vera Anyim, Says He Never Intended To Embarrass Her / Paul Enenche: Kidnappers Disguise As Bishop, Naval Officer Storm Dunamis Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by obailala(m): 9:30am On Apr 15
What an unfortunate event.... I think this reaction of the pastor was driven by the recent media backlash that followed the case of the woman that gave a fake/unverifiable testimony in this church... Instead of Nigerians to blast the sharer of the fake testimony, they rather blasted the pastor. Now oga pastor is trying to be careful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Sonnobax15(m): 9:30am On Apr 15
lipsrsealed
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:30am On Apr 15
grin
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by AZControversial(m): 9:31am On Apr 15
undecided

They were both wrong!

She should have done a little better in presenting her testimony.

But the pastor should know better than humiliate people at the pulpit.
The church is a place of solace not some place to show off intellectual prowess. Just correct her and thank God for her.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by ikaboy: 9:31am On Apr 15
Very wrong one from the pastor.

Poor people encounter lot of rubbish in this country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by obedience4(m): 9:31am On Apr 15
duduade:
Even when she was talking

She wasn't coherent, yes I understand stage fright but you can't aspire to be a Lawyer and not incharge of your confidence and what you say

Sad she brought it on herself

She is advanced in age
She went back to school
She is,police officer I don't think she wants to practice law but to boast her CV for promotion

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by gratiaeo(m): 9:32am On Apr 15
Well, i just pity you if you have not know that church is a scam

4 Likes

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by obedience4(m): 9:34am On Apr 15
She made a mistake,
She also is quiet advance in age, she is in the police force probably went to school so as to booster her credentials for promotions

The Pastor should have corrected her in love,

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by macbeyland(m): 9:35am On Apr 15
obedience4:
She made a mistake,
She also is quiet advance in age, she is in the police force probably went to school so as to booster her credentials for promotions

The Pastor should have corrected her in love,

APT
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by TGreatGatsby: 9:35am On Apr 15
The Pastor was too quick to tell her off.

Alot of this PASTORS forget that they have made their churches into their private show.

Dem dey like sedon look members well well.

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Obrigardo: 9:36am On Apr 15
Amotolongbo:
Many of these testimonies in churches are not necessary, honestly.

It's just a feel good ritual.

3 Likes

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Epistasis(m): 9:37am On Apr 15
Pastor Eneche was not wrong in any way. A graduate of law who couldn't make a distinction between LLB and BSC, that's terrible. You people were the one that made mockery of Dunamis few ago, accusing the church of giving false healing testimony.

Half baked graduates everywhere, tueeeh!!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Diligence: 9:37am On Apr 15
Now I know the difference between a Lie & Untruth.

Lie: (with the intention to mislead/deceive)
Untruth: Not Deliberate

Dr P.E. was quick too quick to condemn, disgrace and embarrass the lady... No validation of her claims; that wld hv bn sufficiently empirical!

The Pastor, nay the church, should apologise.

She should forgive.

Give her another opportunity to give her testimony!

2 Likes

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Salt06(m): 9:38am On Apr 15
obailala:
What an unfortunate even.... I think this reaction of the pastor was driven by the recent media backlash that followed the case of the woman that gave a fake/unverifiable testimony un this church... Instead of Nigerians to blast the sharer of the fake testimony, they rather blasted the pastor. Now oga pastor is trying to be careful.
Apt! Good analysis. Comment I was looking for. That was what played out here.
I'm believe the church would publicly apologise to her
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Angelfrost(m): 9:39am On Apr 15
With all due respect, Dr. Enenche should never have done that...!

He should have called her into his office and queried her privately about the authenticity of her testimony...!

...And whatever happened to assessing testimonies before they are allowed to be publicized on the podium?!! What happened to due diligence?!

Regarding her grasp of grammar... How and when did that become the standard for determining those who bagged certificates from tertiary institutions?!!

Does Daddy Paul need to be told that there are so many school dropouts and those who never saw the 4 walls of the university, yet speak better English than Professors?!!

I have been taught by learned professors who consistently made grammatical blunders... Yet, their exceptional grasp of the field was unassailable.

A university is not the place to learn proper grammar... That should be foundational from primary to secondary schools.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by ecolime(m): 9:40am On Apr 15
AAAA67:
A graduate in law should know what her degree is after spending five years in the University.
Has nothing to do with the institution - NOUN , which some people have their reservations about.
She brought the embarrassment upon herself.
I don't blame Pastor ENECHE on this.
She should apologize for giving wrong testimony and should correct herself.
Bullcrap

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by macbeyland(m): 9:40am On Apr 15
I saw this online. Said to have emanated from the school.

I guess the woman isn't wrong afterall. Seems like the mistake was from the school.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by CrossRhodes: 9:41am On Apr 15
AAAA67:
A graduate in law should know what her degree is after spending five years in the University.
Has nothing to do with the institution - NOUN , which some people have their reservations about.
She brought the embarrassment upon herself.
I don't blame Pastor ENECHE on this.
She should apologize for giving wrong testimony and should correct herself.
The testimony is not wrong, it was her incorrectly classifying the degree.,....maybe due to stage fright
But you can see the graduation list.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by obedience4(m): 9:41am On Apr 15
Stone03:

The OP is high on oncolos. He is shamelessly excusing a graduate of law for having such a bad English and failing to know the kind of degree associated with law. My 13yrs old daughter can't fall for stage fright in such a degrading manner

Everyone is different,
A 13 Year old in Britain got a first class degree in mathematics
Should we use the girl in Britain as a yardstick to gauge 13 year olds around the world.??

You can see from the pictures that she is a advanced in age and a police officer, who went back to school,
You can't compare her with a fresh law graduate from a university who moved from secondary school straight to uni

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by DonClericuzo: 9:42am On Apr 15
Amotolongbo:
Many of these testimonies in churches are not necessary, honestly.

Jesus Christ!!! Every testimonies of the work of God is necessary in the church. Testimonies are among the pillar of the Christian faith.
If you are unbeliever that know nothing about the Bible and the Christian faith don't comment on issues like this.
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by obedience4(m): 9:42am On Apr 15
Stone03:

The OP is high on oncolos. He is shamelessly excusing a graduate of law for having such a bad English and failing to know the kind of degree associated with law. My 13yrs old daughter can't fall for stage fright in such a degrading manner

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by CrossRhodes: 9:44am On Apr 15
engrjosefz:
She deserves a public apology by the Pastor.

Stage fright can hold anyone to ransom especially when you have never been on such stage and among crowds before.

The English thing is not really a yardstick. I have seen people who are very sound on paper can really talk or express themselves.

Moreso, she might not be an 'A' student, but she was able to graduate with a certificate, that the most important thing.
I won't be surprised if the pastor makes an apology when he gets to understand the full picture
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by faithfull18(f): 9:44am On Apr 15
Hmmn.
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by KennethOkonkwo: 9:45am On Apr 15
Paul ENENCHE has always been a very arrogant fellow!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by tollyboy5(m): 9:45am On Apr 15
Stone03:

One of my professor in physic department can't speak fluent English.
Mostly yoruba Everytime, he's one of the best the department has and Futa is the third best university in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by ntyce(m): 9:45am On Apr 15
duduade:
Even when she was talking

She wasn't coherent, yes I understand stage fright but you can't aspire to be a Lawyer and not incharge of your confidence and what you say

Sad she brought it on herself

You be mumu, a first class one.
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Abee79(m): 9:46am On Apr 15
Know God for yourself!
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Indelibleage: 9:46am On Apr 15
If she'd been interviewed before coming up on stage to give her testimony, what happened might not have happened. Whether it was stage fright or not her non coherence led her to what she went through. Besides, if she graduated from law program, she should at some point have been asked to do some open presentations which should have prepared her for a day like that.

Last355:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wCucLkXOnU?si=bgr-NaDIj5GbPdSL

It is true that the lady accused of giving a fake testimony by Dunamis actually graduated from NOUN.

Here is her name (Anyim Vera) on the graduation list: 2262. It's worthy to note that the wrongly accused lady is also a serving police officer

Stage fright can lead to saying the wrong thing or speaking in front of an audience, like saying BSc in Law.

While Members of Dunamis church are currently trooping to her Facebook page to apologise other netizen have advised her to terminate her membership of the church.

See pictures below
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by ntyce(m): 9:47am On Apr 15
Stone03:

You're the one that's high and deserves to be educated.
Intelligence, education brilliance and speaking English are all different.
Fools like you are easily swayed by grammar.

Wise up

3 Likes

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Bennycollins: 9:47am On Apr 15
I see absolutely no point in what the pastor did. Why will anyone lie in the name of testimony? Let even assume it happens, why not leave the one for God to handle and judge by Himself?

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by tollyboy5(m): 9:48am On Apr 15
DonClericuzo:

Jesus Christ!!! Every testimonies of the work of God is necessary in the church. Testimonies are among the pillar of the Christian faith.
If you are unbeliever that know nothing about the Bible and the Christian faith don't comment on issues like this.
You're reading your Bible upside down.
You can't even prove what you're saying with a Bible verse.

You Just feel like capping!
Re: Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology by Bfly: 9:49am On Apr 15
That is Nigeria system of Education. The pastor saw through the lies in Nigeria education system. She definitely lied by not knowing what she got. Maybe she bought it.
Anyways the degree came with a lot of lies which the pastor saw, maybe not the physical realm.

You cannot steal a car and say God gave you a car. No no

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) / Dead Marriage By Anita Schafer (Oyakhilome)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.