Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? (17834 Views)

Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? / Electricity: How Many Hours Of Power Do You Receive Daily? / Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Emyogalanya: 10:01am On Apr 15
Use your hand to touch it
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by odinaccess: 10:02am On Apr 15
For those in Lagos you can check yours https://feederinfo.ekedp.com/
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Donald7610: 10:06am On Apr 15
It's by area not by meter
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by patrickcollins: 10:06am On Apr 15
Since this Government came in Grid collapse has persisted and there is no supply, Buhari please come back to us

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by CrazyGranddad(m): 10:07am On Apr 15

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by AMI3(m): 10:08am On Apr 15
This new tariffs will make a lot of people to cry.

I don't think this is the right time for this high tariffs.

Automatically what this means is that people that are in band C will say, thank God I am not in band A.

And there is there no way the government will work to improve the light situation in the country.

After all they have placed you where u belong.

As a poor person in Nigeria u have to go to where u belong . As a poor person in Nigeria u can not enjoy 24/7 light in Nigeria.

Soon instructions will be giving to poor people on what to access in Nigeria.

I LOVE MY COUNTRY NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by travelzcruix: 10:08am On Apr 15
Well, I decided to move to a rural area after spending almost 30years to rejuvenate. The problem here is light comes 2ce every 3 months for 3hrs only. Is there a special name for this kind of band?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by just2endowed: 10:10am On Apr 15
HeadNigga:
Educate me nairalanders. How do I know the band I am on. I am obviously not on band A because we hardly have light for 2 hours daily here. Is there a code or website for checking one's band category?

you are in Band E bro.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by trendy001: 10:20am On Apr 15
Phed

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by GardenOfGod(m): 10:21am On Apr 15
HeadNigga:
Educate me nairalanders. How do I know the band I am on. I am obviously not on band A because we hardly have light for 2 hours daily here. Is there a code or website for checking one's band category?

Nigerians are fond of normalizing abnormalities. What is band A and B? Is that not discrimination supported by the federal government?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Elinosweet143(f): 10:22am On Apr 15
Less than 10min a day power suply nko, God knows we've not have power suply for up to 30min a day for the past 2 weeks now. People from Ibeju-lekki axis we still dey this band stuff?
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Oceanjagaban: 10:24am On Apr 15
My side we dey ban Y
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by EKOSuperior(m): 10:26am On Apr 15
I'm very sure I'm in Band Z.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by MadeMan01(m): 10:35am On Apr 15
Buy electric credit. Divide the Ammount by number of Units you got on your receipt. E.g. N10,000 /40.97 then compare value to tarriffs. you will know your band
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by danniyal(m): 10:50am On Apr 15
This band of a thing is nothing but discrimination. All Nigerians are important and deserve access to basic amenities.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by theamazonguru(m): 10:50am On Apr 15
ify2016:
https://www.nairaland.com/8056855/ikeja-electric-enlighten-customers-how
Unfortunately, mod is yet to push this topic to the front page

Perhaps it's because your thread only addresses one disco (Ikeja Electric).
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by SamuelOamen: 10:58am On Apr 15
For those under Ikeja Electric

1. Visit www.ikejaelectric.com
2. Click on customer service
3. Click on Customer feeder information
4. Click on customer feeder verification
5. Enter your account or meter number to verify your feeder details.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Papayaayasager(m): 10:58am On Apr 15
Throw your prepaid meter into the a bowl full of water and it will bring out the band you are on it cool
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by iamtoofan: 11:06am On Apr 15
PriceActionZ:
These are parts of what fg supposed use to educate her customers and forced DISCOs to create a portal and publicize it to educate them on which band they belong to. Or better still, when you pay on any portal, part of the token supposed carry a code that shows your band before the main recharge numbers. But since everything about this country is fraudulent, and not transparent, it will be very hard to accomplish. The discos won't want to do that because someone who supposed be in band A will work himself or herself to band Z, while enjoying stable lights and someone that hardly gets 10 hours of light will be forced to pay for band A. That is the kind of country we are.

You got it twisted, as far as the Band category is concern consumer can't manipulate the band they are or want to belong

On the contrary it is disco that can shortchange customers by secretly placing people on Band A even where the electricity supply hardly reflect 10hrs a day

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by themanderon: 11:06am On Apr 15
What about us that only get 3hrs of supply per week? What band do we call that? Shithole country.
We went from having about 14hrs supply per day under Buhari to having none per day since this criminal drug Baron came to power promising renewed hopelessness.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Akilek: 11:13am On Apr 15
Wait till you recharge nah
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by casualobserver: 11:19am On Apr 15
PriceActionZ:
These are parts of what fg supposed use to educate her customers and forced DISCOs to create a portal and publicize it to educate them on which band they belong to. Or better still, when you pay on any portal, part of the token supposed carry a code that shows your band before the main recharge numbers. But since everything about this country is fraudulent, and not transparent, it will be very hard to accomplish. The discos won't want to do that because someone who supposed be in band A will work himself or herself to band Z, while enjoying stable lights and someone that hardly gets 10 hours of light will be forced to pay for band A. That is the kind of country we are.

It is difficult to educate the poorly educated and the uneducatable. You have access to the internet but the 1st place you go to is Nairaland?

Every disco has the list of bands on their website. It’s part of the law and they have all complied. If The OP and typical nairalanders had any brains that would have been their first port of call.

That is the kind of citizens we are. Dumb!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by occfx: 11:20am On Apr 15
complet:
THE BAND OF A THING IS A SCAM, NO LIGHT EVERY WHERE FOR NOW ALL GOVERNMENT DID WAS TO INCREASE THE ELECTRICITY TARIFF BY ABOUT 300%, WE ALL NEED TO COME OUT OF OUR VARIOUS HOMES AND OFFICES TO PROTEST, THE SUFFERING IS TOO MUCH

You and who?
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by barry75: 11:25am On Apr 15
The question is what per kilowatt for those in other bands? If prepaid meter customers on band A will pay N225 per kilowatt am classified to be in band e a and using a prepaid meter with some 15 units still left, how much will I pay per kilowatt? Because there should be different prices for all the advertised bands
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Heavensent01(m): 11:28am On Apr 15
Useless Band, average Nigerians are just docile, they allowed these m0rons that don't pay nepa bills but enjoy 24/7 electricity to dictate useless Band to them

You enjoy only 2hrs power supply and your community couldn't organize a protest to your area nepa office
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by VLYON506(m): 11:28am On Apr 15
Looking at band groupings, people with less than one hour of light—in which category are they? cheesy grin angry sad
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by barry75: 11:32am On Apr 15
The protest though peacefully should start immediately.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by vivalavida(m): 11:32am On Apr 15
Ekedc Band A areas

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by smileyoo: 11:32am On Apr 15
but all these our leaders are very strange people, they travel outside the country, they know how things are supposed to be done to make life easy for the citizens, sadly when they come to Nigeria, they prefer to carry out policies that are specially designed to cause confusion and make life more miserable for the already traumatized citizens.
which country in this planet segregates power supply to the citizens, instead of evenly generating more power supply to the citizens with affordable prices.
a country of more than 200 million humans generating only 5000 megawatts, instead of thinking how to increase power generation to meet public demand, they decided to crookedly increase tarrif, even when they know that they cannot meet public demand.
las,las, every consumer will still pay that bandits A , tarrif either their is light or no light.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by waveman2: 11:51am On Apr 15
There is nothing like Band B,C,D and E.Its either you are on Band A or Band Z.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by sirblend: 11:53am On Apr 15
asumo12:
This website
For

Ikeja electricity

Goto menu navigate as attached and input your account number and you will get the tariff you are on.

Thanks

Please, where would you put the the account n/umber?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC To Nigerians: This Is Your Last Christmas In Bondage / Bukola Saraki Meets With Nana Akufo-Addo, Ghanaian President / Subsidy: Give Muslims Non-interest Soft Loans, MURIC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.