Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook (39649 Views)

Efficient Laptop Stand To Ease Back Pains Set Posture Right / We Love This Story About How Did Bill Gates Become The Richest Man In The World / Man Claims Jumia Sold Him A Refurbished Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by MILLERMannn: 7:02pm On Apr 19
Omo ibo. I fear them when it comes to fake things.
The funniest thing is that they will even pack am well for you. Human beings that their hearts are hardened.
That was how I bought a power bank which was neatly packed only to discovered when I got home that it was fake battery and bulb they put inside.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Benblaq(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19
I was scammed by an old childhood friend where I went to buy a phone in 2018. Lol. It was after the guy disappeared into the market that my eyes cleared. He didn't give me a chance to check the phone, just assuring me that the phone is okay and that he was in a hurry to go back to his shop. Me thinking that everyone has a heart like me decided to give him benefit of the doubt.

Instinct already told me he was lying, I only wanted to check if he'd prove me wrong. I saw him recently and he's looking like someone who'd die anytime soon. Drugs, tattoo, dirty.. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by BeigJawnson(m): 7:13pm On Apr 19
ItisWell22:
Reason I patronize online vendors with extreme caution. 😢

Learn to patronize online platforms that are legit and have names that they care, they wont want to spoil. The likes of Jumia, Konga, Amazon, Alibaba and so on ... Not all these hungry lions calling themselves online vendors with no root...

4 Likes

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by ItisWell22(f): 7:16pm On Apr 19
BeigJawnson:

Learn to patronize online platforms that are legit and have names that they care, they wont want to spoil. The likes of Jumia, Konga, Amazon, Alibaba and so on ... Not all these hungry lions calling themselves online vendors with no root...

I do patronize them, but like I mentioned, with extreme caution.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by BeigJawnson(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19
NairaOcean:
A tech-savvy buyer was recently duped by a scammer selling what was advertised as a cutting-edge MacBook laptop, only to receive a box of meticulously painted "Apple Tile." shocked

The unsuspecting buyer, thought he had stumbled upon a fantastic deal while browsing an online marketplace. Excitedly anticipating the arrival of his new MacBook, he eagerly opened the package upon delivery, only to find a carefully crafted tile bearing the unmistakable Apple logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFT_WQtg06U

1 Like

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by BeigJawnson(m): 7:19pm On Apr 19
ItisWell22:

I do patronize them, but like I mentioned, with extreme caution.

Oh okay... You are right... I

1 Like

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by ASAPFERG: 7:21pm On Apr 19
bEAST not surprised
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by LZAA: 7:23pm On Apr 19
I'm guessing the online place was Facebook?
Will people ever learn
Smh
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Hassanmaye(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:
Ever since I was scammed online for a huge sum of money, I don't buy things online anymore and I'm very careful with my dealings online. The idiot said her name was Fathia Afolabi, I told her I'll get her but she thought I was joking. They tracked her down but I didn't want her to go to jail, so I just collected my money and told them to let her go.

You can't scam me and go scot free except I just want to look away, I'll not move an inch from where I am to get you arrested. Useless people everywhere.
How do you get her please, you are tech savvy
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by femi4: 7:54pm On Apr 19
ValCon888:
Anybody can be scammed. To prevent falling victim, use an escrow or physically inspect the goods before parting with your funds.

However, your best bet is buying from reputable vendors like Amazon with reliable return policies.
Say no to unregistered vendors

If it's too cheap, beware

Say no to no testing

Follow that n you are safe
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Olinex: 8:01pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:
Ever since I was scammed online for a huge sum of money, I don't buy things online anymore and I'm very careful with my dealings online. The idiot said her name was Fathia Afolabi, I told her I'll get her but she thought I was joking. They tracked her down but I didn't want her to go to jail, so I just collected my money and told them to let her go.

You can't scam me and go scot free except I just want to look away, I'll not move an inch from where I am to get you arrested. Useless people everywhere.

Senior man abeg this brother to recover his money,macbook cost o
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by ImpactMI6(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19
grin grin grin
Nicepoker:
grin grin Man down.

1 Like

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Obrigardo: 9:13pm On Apr 19
I believe he got it from Facebook 🤡
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Valwezzy: 9:18pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:
No matter as the thing enter my eyes I'll look away. Fathia Afolabi scammed me in six figures but I collected everything back and said my final goodbye to doing anything online

Like you’ve been scamming some men off their money? tongue

I thought Ajebo like you is way too smart to be scammed, I’m disappointed! angry
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by alobright17(m): 9:29pm On Apr 19
EreluRoz:

if it’s not pay on arrival count me out.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by alobright17(m): 9:37pm On Apr 19
REGINALD001:
BUT AM JUST WONDERING HOW SOMEONE CAN COMFORTABLY RELY ON UNKNOWN INDIVIDUAL FOR AN ONLINE TRANSACTION, NOT EVEN A FIRM THAT YOU CAN TRACE OR LOCATE IF THE TRANSACTION FAIL.

ANYWAY MOST TIMES IT WORKS OUT FINE. BUT I NO FIT SHAA.
Na this same mentality of most times it works fine makes people to fall victim. If it is not pay on arrival my hands no Dey .
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Sleekfingers: 10:31pm On Apr 19
Only buy things from reputable companies in Nigeria.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by ezewealth(m): 1:12am On Apr 20
EreluRoz:

Abeg, make we align incase if I need ur service to track some mofos
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Emmanuel909090: 4:59am On Apr 20
The Apple tile even has a manual.
This is ridiculous.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Joebuddyblogs: 5:05am On Apr 20
I for like to know how to track person like you do wey scam person. Them scam my close friend.
EreluRoz:

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Cutehector(m): 7:19am On Apr 20
Anything gadgets, clothes, ,i dey go the shop go buy am and they must give me receipt.

Eod.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Jannyfranc: 7:37am On Apr 20
How did you track her?
EreluRoz:

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Chrismentor3: 8:13am On Apr 20
EreluRoz:

This sane faithia afolabi sacmmed me of 1.3 million on jiji pls can you help me on how i could get her?
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Chrismentor3: 8:14am On Apr 20
EreluRoz:
No matter as the thing enter my eyes I'll look away. Fathia Afolabi scammed me in six figures but I collected everything back and said my final goodbye to doing anything online

Pls how can i get this faithia , she scammed me if 1.3m pls help me
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by noble2faith(m): 9:27am On Apr 20
EreluRoz:

Omo! U gentle o! If na me, I go make sure i either got her locked up or gave her an indelible scar for making me to pass through such wahala before getting her.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by noble2faith(m): 9:49am On Apr 20
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Funny guy... He asked for it... It has happened to me , I saw Samsung S20 on Facebook I jumped on it ..the said they are doing promo, I ordered, the delivery guy refused me to open and check , he said i have to pay first... I insist of opening it he said unless I pay and if I didn't want to buy , I have to pay for the courier service, I told my friend who came with me to pick it to be fast , immediately I pay he have to open if fast and check, immediately i gave him the money before the guy could even tear the folder the delivery guy don start machine disappear... The guy nah Pakistani... The phone nah 3 grade chinko phone ... Since that time I learn ooo

If i be the papa of you and ur friend, I go do DNA to confirm weda u be my pikin tru tru. As the guy no allow make u open am, u suppose knw sey na scam thing now.
If na me, I no buy again and he no go collect shishi.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Stayingalive: 9:49am On Apr 20
Jesterinjay:
this fufu thing
How do they do it??
The would show the original thing and you will check everything and then they would request to package it and then swap it.

The best way to evade them is to hold the phone once you finish testing it but then again they would abort the mission by giving excuses that they won’t sell again.

Another scheme is that they would initially disagree not to selll after you test the original thing and while you’re leaving, in rush they would come back and tell you to take it. Your brain would assert that you already tested it before and you may decide not to test again but if you insist to, they would abort mission and take it from you that they won’t sell again

2 Likes

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Jesterinjay: 10:05am On Apr 20
Stayingalive:

The would show the original thing and you will check everything and then they would request to package it and then swap it.

The best way to evade them is to hold the phone once you finish testing it but then again they would abort the mission by giving excuses that they won’t sell again.

Another scheme is that they would initially disagree not to selll after you test the original thing and while you’re leaving, in rush they would come back and tell you to take it. Your brain would assert that you already tested it before and you may decide not to test again but if you insist to, they would abort mission and take it from you that they won’t sell again
inside life
Thanks for this
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by Excell3nt: 10:47am On Apr 20
Can I know how to track boss especially the phone thieves are very rampant
EreluRoz:

1 Like

Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by mediclife1987(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20
EreluRoz:

Abeg can you help me track a scammer who stays in Jos?
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by EreluRoz: 2:39pm On Apr 20
mediclife1987:

Abeg can you help me track a scammer who stays in Jos?
I didn't know how she was tracked, I only told someone who did everything.
Re: Man In Pains After Scammer Sold Him "Apple Tile" Disguised As Macbook by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20
noble2faith:

If i be the papa of you and ur friend, I go do DNA to confirm weda u be my pikin tru tru. As the guy no allow make u open am, u suppose knw sey na scam thing now.
If na me, I no buy again and he no go collect shishi.
lol.... I think say my guy go fit open am sharp sharp as I positioned to hold him down ... Anyway it didn't happen on Nigeria men are avoiding problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Used Laptops For Everyone / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like / Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.