Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs (25846 Views)

CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / Naira Falls To N1, 000/$ In Official Market / Naira Falls To 760/$, Ahead Of Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by pquaver(m): 5:57pm On Apr 16
Paramount01:

But you must be card carrier A. P. C member or a Muslim for you too support Tinubu against your brother

I cant support incompetence... If Nigeria is like Anambra or lagos which will u prefer? The truth stares u in the face..

Objectivity is difficult to understand when u look through the lens of tribalism. Drop that lens and u will understand the bolded can occur..

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by ufotunang: 6:35pm On Apr 16
Even if the naira is appreciating but without a reduction in price of fuel and disel the prices of foodstuffs and goods and services cannot go down
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by Christian36: 6:41pm On Apr 16
EreluRoz:
Let's not lie Tinubu is trying, just that he met a disaster on ground . Things he would have to bear for wanting to be president of a messed up country.

Mark this down Tinubu will leave government as a good president.

Things are hard now but it won't be for long.

Take this from my humble self The Erelu Oodua
How much was dollar when he took over as president, this is not the time to praise him because he was the one that cause it

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:44pm On Apr 16
How come price of food is still high
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by c900: 7:16pm On Apr 16
Tinubu should make it fall to 200 naira. this is the wisest economic decision. imagine the quantum leap it will bring to the economy. companies will be able to buy more machinery and raw materials thereby creating massive jobs and Nigerians will be respected all over the world,
imagine buying machines worth 100000 dollars with just 20million naira.
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by Abbeytoy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 16
misreal:

Abeg how much NTA dey sell? grin

Cheater than your plug grin grin
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by CodeTemplar: 8:49pm On Apr 16
grandstar:
This isn't good news.The fundamentals don't support it.

If the foreign reserves have dropped by over a billion dollars in the past 30 days, it simply indicates the currency is now overvalued.

There's also the issue of he expected wage increase on May 1st. This is bound to lead to an increase in money in circulation which should spook inflation and a depreciation of the local currency.

I suspect the Naira's true value is around 1,400. This would make sense as monetary policy is still loose.

The CBN needs to tighten monetary policy. This would mop up excess cash in circulation which would lead to an appreciation of the Naira and a drop in inflation.

In addition, I feel the elephant in the room is the petrol subsidy. Latest reports have it that presently, the government spends as much as 907bn monthly on it.

A weak Naira increases the cost of the subsidy. The stronger the Naira it is, the lower the expense of the government.

The subsidy needs to be completely done away with and the price of petrol deregulated.

To mitigate the pain of any price increase, government should lift the protectionist wall built against the importation of rice, poultry and okrika.

A 20% import duty on these products would crash their prices. I won't be surprised if a bag of rice drops to 40k per bag. A kilo of poultry would probably drop to 2-2.5k per kg.

I would have said import duty on cars should be reduced to 20%.

I would have added the import duty on wheat should fall from 70% to 20% but the Common External Tariff for the produce is set at 50%, so it's a no-no.

Food in Nigeria is higher than it should partly due to the high import duty on food.
with the hardship in town, mopping up cash labelled as excess is just a wicked and indirect way of saying people should go and die.
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by PHAYOL81: 9:23pm On Apr 16
Wish it continues gaining, ameen
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by maridrug(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16
Alexlalax1:
Naira hits.....yet the price of goods and services no gree come down. Na wetin common man needs. Not all these nonsense and ingredients.
How much is a bag of rice in your vicinity?
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by Alexlalax1(m): 10:40pm On Apr 16
maridrug:

How much is a bag of rice in your vicinity?
How much was a bag of rice before tinubu became your president? See jamb question.
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by Mayflowa(m): 4:30am On Apr 17
LegendHero:
Omo when I sent money to my guy 2 days ago, my body do me one kind thing like I’ve been scammed. Imagine $$ wey you go send $100 give people wey them go praise you coz like 170k go biza, now that same $100 na just normal 100k.

Naira at almost N1097, today trading almost closer to N1000.

Cardoso should just make sure it never go above 1k ever again. They should deploy every strategy and make sure it get to a certain amount and stabilize.

God bless Nigeria.

$1k to N100k is not normal at all. When I first came to US in 2016, $1k dollar was giving like N220k. That is not even normal. Nature used to be bigger than dollar. We are oil nation
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by kunle4toyeyaho: 6:05am On Apr 17
socialmediaman:
Keep defending the naira and giving poor Nigerians hope while the rich keep buying up dollar knowing it's just a temporary measure and USD will rise again

The same circle of cluelessness all over again

They are defending dollar and yet our foreign reserve still stands at over $33billion?
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by charlsecy(m): 9:20am On Apr 17
MorolayoVictor:
I need investors for my farm.
What is your farm like?
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by Growing(m): 9:49am On Apr 17
Naira getting less devalued against the dollar is good.
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by MorolayoVictor(m): 1:51pm On Apr 17
charlsecy:
What is your farm like?

It's basically on crops.
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by 7lives: 2:23pm On Apr 17
kunle4toyeyaho:
They are defending dollar and yet our foreign reserve still stands at over $33billion?

Leave the Thomases jor.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by nawaforyouo: 2:31pm On Apr 17
kunle4toyeyaho:

Not true

It has dipped from 34.4 to 32.6 billion USD in less than a month

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/16/nigerias-fx-reserves-dip-by-nearly-2-billion-in-less-than-one-month-hit-lowest-level-in-over-six-years/
Re: Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs by maridrug(m): 8:31pm On May 01
I have an haulage contract with Redstar Logistics an affiliate of Fedex.
My bottleneck is availability of trucks for the execution.
Intended investors are needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / Have Funds Or Not To Do Business, You Actually Need To Read This!! / Pos Now Available For Quickteller Paypoint Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.