Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible (684 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by HISSCRIBE1995: 9:40am On Apr 17
FxMasterz:

Women suffer pains as a result of the curse which God gave as a punishment for disobedience in the garden of Eden. Man's punishment was for his to toil hard before he gets food to eat. The church that took a stance against women taking anaesthesia during childbirth were simply ignorant.

All the laws you quoted are the constitutions God gave Israel for use in national administration and governance. It has nothing to do with religion or Christianity.

The problem with you guys is that you cannot differentiate between God's theocratic dealings with Israel as a nation from God's dealings with the world as a Father.

EXACTLY

2 Likes

Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by HISSCRIBE1995: 9:47am On Apr 17
AbuTwins:
Continued from https://www.nairaland.com/8055429/right-women-islam-lying-west by HISSCRIBE1995

HISSCRIBE1995 and Fxmasterz are all these laws inspired and in your Bible?
BY EXPERIENCE ;WHO ARE THOSE MOLESTING WOMEN TODAY; CHRISTIANS OR MUSLIM?
EVEN THE JEWS HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR WOMEN THAN ISLAM.

JESUS LOVED ,HONOURED AND STOOD FOR WOMEN BUT U CANT FIND WHERE ISLAM DID SOMETHING OF THE SAME DEGREE FOR WOMEN.
ISLAM IS EXTREMELY DEMONIC.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:51am On Apr 17
HISSCRIBE1995:

BY EXPERIENCE ;WHO ARE THOSE MOLESTING WOMEN TODAY; CHRISTIANS OR MUSLIM?
EVEN THE JEWS HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR WOMEN THAN ISLAM.

JESUS LOVED ,HONOURED AND STOOD FOR WOMEN BUT U CANT FIND WHERE ISLAM DID SOMETHING OF THE SAME DEGREE FOR WOMEN.
ISLAM IS EXTREMELY DEMONIC.

Christians are the ones hiding what their scriptures says!
Christians are the hypocrites!

You have been exposed that the demons reside in the Bible!

You made a claim without even quoting one verse from the Qur'an or Sunnah!

The claims are all over your Bible!
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:46am On Apr 17
AbuTwins:

Christians are the ones hiding what their scriptures says!
Christians are the hypocrites!

You have been exposed that the demons reside in the Bible!

You made a claim without even quoting one verse from the Qur'an or Sunnah!

The claims are all over your Bible!

THE ACTIONS ACTIONS OF MOST MUSLIM AND THAT OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD SPEAK IS EVIDENCE TODAY AMONG MANKIND.
FROM HUMAN RIGHT VIOLATION TO TERRORISM TO LAND GRABING, TO BANDITRY TO CRUELTY TO INJUSTICE AND DEPRIVATION TO THE ABUSE OF WOMEN TO TAKIYA (LYING WITH THE PRETENSE OF SAYING THE TRUTH)

IF AL-ILLAH OF ISLAM IS THE ONE WHO CREATED ALL MANKIND HE WILL NOT PROMOTE INJUSTICE, EVIL,TERRORISM AND WAR UPON THE WHOLE OF HUMANITY.

BUT THANK GOODNESS AL-ILLAH IS NOT GOD
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:27am On Apr 17
AbuTwins:
Yes, I am!
So Which law mentions Jesus?
Which law was fulfilled with Jesus contextually?

Can we find how you fulfilled the laws of your Allah in your Qur'an stating the time and date you were fulfilling it?

Is it not what was written in that book centuries ago that you now claim to fulfill in the 21st century?

That's exactly what Jesus meant by fulfilling what the law of his God says of course no law in your Quran mentioned you nah!smiley
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 11:59am On Apr 17
MaxInDHouse:

Can we find how you fulfilled the laws of your Allah in your Qur'an stating the time and date you were fulfilling it?

Is it not what was written in that book centuries ago that you now claim to fulfill in the 21st century?

That's exactly what Jesus meant by fulfilling what the law of his God says of course no law in your Quran mentioned you nah!smiley

The laws are to be followed by Muslims till death!
The Qur'an mentioned Muslims!

Where was Jesus mentioned in the Old Testament and how did he fulfil any law therein?
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Apr 17
AbuTwins:
■You should explain what it means as I only understand English!
New Living Translation
“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. Matthew 5:17
Jesus Christ is an Israelite and all Israelites in the Land of Canaan at that time were required to do exactly that which He did, which accomplishes the Law of Moses. That is what He meant. He came bearing God's New Covenant and Law, the Davidic Covenant which God promised to the House of Israel alone. He had to give that Law to His people as it was their only path to redemption for their failure to meet the standard that is God's Old Law. But to do that, Jesus Christ had to fulfill the Law like every good Israelite in the land of Canaan at the time was required to by the God of Israel. undecided

Jesus Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Law as commanded by the God of Israel and was approved righteous by the God of Israel for doing so. However, because He was hung on the tree to die— also approved by the God of Israel—, He got on Himself the curse of God's Law which He took with Him to the grave. Jesus Christ was a righteous man cursed by the very same Law by which He was approved righteous. He then rose from the grave 3 days later— retaining His righteousness but beating the curse of the Old Law which was meant to destroy Him completely in the grave— causing Him to cease to exist in the grave. It is for this reason that Jesus Christ was raised as a beacon— like the bronze snake that was raised in the desert to all those condemned to die in the desert — to save the Lost sheep of Isreal, themselves cursed to die by the Old Law so that those of them who would accept Him would not perish but have eternal Life in addition to the New Covenant which Jesus Christ was given by His Hand to give only to them. undecided

Now to your question regarding the "Love law" that Jesus Christ fulfilled from the Old Law of Moses, that Law in Leviticus 19 vs 18 is the second greatest commandment of all of the almost 613 commandments and statutes that make up the Old Law of Moses. By fulfilling the Two greatest Laws of the Old Law of Moses, He was able to fulfill all of the other 611 commandments and statutes — receive credit for them all — of the same Law. undecided
18 Forget about the wrong things people do to you. Don’t try to get even. Love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. - Leviticus 19 vs 18
As the law says, it means Jesus Christ went around loving His neighbors exactly as He loved His self. This, of course, after first making sure He loved the God of Israel with all His heart, mind, body, and Soul. And to love the God of Israel means to obey His every commandment and statute without exception. undecided
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17
AbuTwins:

The laws are to be followed by Muslims till death! The Qur'an mentioned Muslims!
Where was Jesus mentioned in the Old Testament and how did he fulfil any law therein?

Jesus is the chosen servant among Jehovah's Witnesses as mentioned in the below verse:

“You are my WITNESSES,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my SERVANT whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none...." Isaiah 43:10

All worshipers of the true God are His WITNESSES including Jesus His chosen one or Messiah! Revelations 1:5

Are you joking?

Where was Muslims mentioned before your Quran was written?

The name Jesus means Jehovah is Salvation it can't be found before his birth nah what he's saying is exactly the same thing you claimed: he has come to fulfill the laws of the God of Israel!
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by SeraphEl: 5:37pm On Apr 17
Mr. Never mind your useless exegesis. It is very simple. Yeshua said HE did not come to abolish the law. But fulfil.

The END!!!!

Save your vain deceit and demonic discourse. You are nobody.

Obey the law of the LORD for you will be judged by it at the end of time.

The law returns to be obeyed by ALL mankind in the messianic era. Know this! Know peace. Know wisdom.

It does NOT matter what empty philosophical spin you claim in your foolish and perverse exegesis .

And WHO are YOU to abolish what GOD has NOT abolished’ ??

FxMasterz:

Please create a thread for this topic and don't derail the thread.

I have treated this issue severally on this forum with overwhelming scriptural backing.

Please go and study your Bible. The scriptures say the Old Testament was abolished. Who are you to say they're not?

Create a thread or go through my discourse on this forum and counter me if you're not convinced by the scriptural references and exegesis.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by FxMasterz: 5:57pm On Apr 17
SeraphEl:
Mr. Never mind your useless exegesis. It is very simple. Yeshua said HE did not come to abolish the law. But fulfil.

The END!!!!

Save your vain deceit and demonic discourse. You are nobody.

Obey the law of the LORD for you will be judged by it at the end of time.

The law returns to be obeyed by ALL mankind in the messianic era. Know this! Know peace. Know wisdom.

It does NOT matter what empty philosophical spin you claim in your foolish and perverse exegesis .

And WHO are YOU to abolish what GOD has NOT abolished’ ??

When I replied you, did I insult you?

What are the insults all about? People like you are the ones giving Christianity a bad name. You're a reproach to the Kingdom of God.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by SeraphEl: 8:27pm On Apr 17
Is not because you meant to insult me that you now also feel insulted ?!

I speak in the spirit of Elijah spoken of in these last days. If you take insult at the firey exchange, you must take it up with the GOD of Elijah.

Do not be the least in the kingdom by teaching that the laws of the LORD are abolished and obsolete. The LORD may forgive genuine ignorance. But consider yourself warned.

FxMasterz:

When I replied you, did I insult you?

What are the insults all about? People like you are the ones giving Christianity a bad name. You're a reproach to the Kingdom of God.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Apr 17
SeraphEl:
■ Is not because you meant to insult me that you now also feel insulted ?! I speak in the spirit of Elijah spoken of in these last days. If you take insult at the firey exchange, you must take it up with the GOD of Elijah. Do not be the least in the kingdom by teaching that the laws of the LORD are abolished and obsolete. The LORD may forgive genuine ignorance. But consider yourself warned.
Christians ehn! Una be serious jokers!! grin

How can you be of the Spirit of Elijah lipsrsealed when Jesus Christ made clear that John the Baptist was the Spirit of Elijah returned and He, Jesus Christ, was the last prophet/Teacher/Shepherd sent by the God of Elijah, the God of Israel? undecided

What deity commissioned/anointed you as this spirit of Elijah you claim to project it definitely cannot be the same God of Israel who sent Jesus Christ at all. 😁😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by FxMasterz: 11:10pm On Apr 17
SeraphEl:

Is not because you meant to insult me that you now also feel insulted ?!

I speak in the spirit of Elijah spoken of in these last days. If you take insult at the firey exchange, you must take it up with the GOD of Elijah.

Do not be the least in the kingdom by teaching that the laws of the LORD are abolished and obsolete. The LORD may forgive genuine ignorance. But consider yourself warned.

Put your arrogance aside. What spirit of Elijah is pushing you to insult a child of God and call him a fool in direct disobedience to the scriptures? Are you bigger than the Bible?

While I would admit that I might be in error to have used the term "Abolish" since the Lord Jesus indeed said He didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it, that does not negate other parts of scripture that says the law was done away with (Eph. 2:15, Heb. 7:cool. I'll personally do a comparative study of the English and Greek Bible to fully understand the messages God is passing across.

I simply asked you to create a thread and not derail the current thread, you returned here with arrogance and puffed up boasting. In what way have I insulted you?
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 11:14pm On Apr 17
Put your arrogance aside. What spirit of Elijah is pushing you to insult a child of God and call him a fool in direct disobedience to the scriptures? Are you bigger than the Bible? While I would admit that I might be in error to have used the term "Abolish" since the Lord Jesus indeed said He didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfil it, that does not negate other parts of scripture that says the law was done away with (Eph. 2:15). I'll personally do a comparative study of the English and Greek Bible to fully understand the messages God is passing across. I simply asked you to create a thread and not derail the current thread, you returned here with arrogance and puffed up boasting. In what way have I insulted you?
LOl... Christians and fabu are like 5&6, and when caught they look for every way to implicate God of Israel in all of their Fabu-lousness! grin

How can a child of God, one in whom the very Truth of God resides on the inside of, lie that Jesus Christ abolished the Old Law of Moses? The only spirit that can accomplish that lie is the Spirit of the devil himself given that all over Scripture, God made it abundantly clear that no man can add, change, or remove from His Law because His agreement is everlasting. Does the devil live inside of a child of God?😐😐😐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18
Coming from a religion that teaches that a man can beat his wife
God did not say men should dominate women... He only foretold the sad consequences of sin in human family

These days, the weather is very hot
Yet a religion is forcing it's women to masquerade herself in all black from head to toe...

Bible shows how much women are valued and shows their strengths and discretion
The only person that Jesus revealed his real identity to as Messiah was a woman
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Emusan(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18
AbuTwins:
The laws are to be followed by Muslims till death!
The Qur'an mentioned Muslims!

As you rightly said, the LAWS are to be followed (obey).

This is where you people missed it, when you use Jesus's statement: "...I did not come to abolish the laws but to fulfill them" as Jesus didn't change the Laws rather He followed it as well (this you do in other to discard people like Paul writings).

Well, as this translation put it "Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." - NLT

The Lord Jesus doesn’t abolish the Hebrew Bible, but perfectly fulfills it in his life and teachings. What the Lord Jesus was basically telling the people is that the Hebrew Bible was specifically revealed in such a way so as to find its true meaning and completion in the Messiah’s work and interpretation of it.

Here are few things Jesus fulfilled in the law.

1. Circumcision
2. Sabbath day
3. Dietary
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 8:02am On Apr 20
Aemmyjah:
Coming from a religion that teaches that a man can beat his wife
God did not say men should dominate women... He only foretold the sad consequences of sin in human family

These days, the weather is very hot
Yet a religion is forcing it's women to masquerade herself in all black from head to toe...

Bible shows how much women are valued and shows their strengths and discretion
The only person that Jesus revealed his real identity to as Messiah was a woman

You Sabi tell lies o?

How many women did Jesus appoint as deciples?
How many Prophets women exist in the Bible?
Even with all the verses above that gives clear distinct submission to men you're still denying?
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 8:14am On Apr 20
Emusan:

As you rightly said, the LAWS are to be followed (obey).

This is where you people missed it, when you use Jesus's statement: "...I did not come to abolish the laws but to fulfill them" as Jesus didn't change the Laws rather He followed it as well (this you do in other to discard people like Paul writings).

Well, as this translation put it "Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished." - NLT

The Lord Jesus doesn’t abolish the Hebrew Bible, but perfectly fulfills it in his life and teachings. What the Lord Jesus was basically telling the people is that the Hebrew Bible was specifically revealed in such a way so as to find its true meaning and completion in the Messiah’s work and interpretation of it.

Here are few things Jesus fulfilled in the law.

1. Circumcision
2. Sabbath day
3. Dietary

Of course you had to select what pleases you! He was meant to fulfill the law and Prophets!

How did he fulfill the Prophets?
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 9:06am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:

You Sabi tell lies o?

How many women did Jesus appoint as deciples?
How many Prophets women exist in the Bible?
Even with all the verses above that gives clear distinct submission to men you're still denying?

Jesus had and still has both male and female disciples before and after his ascension...
Just that none of the Apostles were women

There are also prophetess in the Bible like Deborah and one other I can't recall her name. Maybe there's others

The Bible mentions several women that we can learn from their fine examples such as generosity, discernment, faith in God, etc ..

At a point, God expressee his displeasure with how women were being indiscriminately divorced...

Women , including married women were not taught to be subject to physical abuse or torture or 'spanking' 😉
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Emusan(m): 9:31am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
Of course you had to select what pleases you!

No! That is the scriptural truth not my selection.

He was meant to fulfill the law and Prophets!

The Law means Moses' writings and the prophets means what the prophets write about Him.

How did he fulfill the Prophets?

I just gave you three instances.

He fulfilled the Prophets for instance Isaiah 42

He even read it in their synagogue and said at the end "this day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears" - Luke 4:17-21
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by SIRTee15: 10:00am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
Continued from https://www.nairaland.com/8055429/right-women-islam-lying-west by HISSCRIBE1995

HISSCRIBE1995 and Fxmasterz are all these laws inspired and in your Bible?

When God established the kingdom of Israel, he gave them a pragmatic constitution for their own administration and governance.
The law of Moses wasn't a divine law. They are not God's own law but laws given by God to the children of Israel.
Israel was a new nation and the people just reintroduced to God during the time of Moses, they needed time to know him and understand him fully b4 they could be commanded to follow his divine laws. The knowledge of God is a progressive revelation and not instant.
Israel needed time to know who God is before being inducted fully into his divine jurisprudence, until then they were meant to follow a working constitution.

Giving divine laws ab initio will be too much for the Israelites and will definitely struggle to keep such commandments.

Things like polygamy and divorce are not divine laws as Jesus Christ who is God in flesh expressly condemned it.

Christians are not bound to such laws and under no obligation to defend it. Law of Moses is now obsolete and made irrelevant even to the modern nation of Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 10:19am On Apr 20
Emusan:

No! That is the scriptural truth not my selection.
Scriptural truth or your theological position?

The Law means Moses' writings and the prophets means what the prophets write about Him.
What did the Prophets (Plural) wrote about him (Jesus) specifically and contextually anywhere in the Old Testament?

I just gave you three instances.
Why didn't you mention how Jesus avoided to use the law when the adulteress woman was brought to him?

He fulfilled the Prophets for instance Isaiah 42

1. As far as I know, Isaiah 42 does not mention Jesus by name!
2. It does not even mention God coming to become man or God's son!
3. Isaiah 42 mentioned the characteristics of one God's servant not God's son nor God becoming man!

He even read it in their synagogue and said at the end "this day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears" - Luke 4:17-21

How is Jesus God's servant again?
He is God became man!
He is God!
He is God's servant again? lipsrsealed

And how is the Isaiah 42 verses exactly the same in Luke 4:17-21?

Isaiah 42:1-3
Here is My Servant, whom I uphold, My Chosen One, in whom My soul delights. I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will bring justice to the nations. He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the streets.
A bruised reed He will not break and a smoldering wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.…

Luke 4:17
The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”…
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 10:33am On Apr 20
Aemmyjah:

Jesus had and still has both male and female disciples before and after his ascension...
Just that none of the Apostles were women
You agree he never appointed any female disciples among the 12? No slot for them! It is 0% women! It is not a mistake by Jesus!

There are also prophetess in the Bible like Deborah and one other I can't recall her name. Maybe there's others
Quote Biblical verse that states Deborah and the others were Prophetess?

The Bible mentions several women that we can learn from their fine examples such as generosity, discernment, faith in God, etc ..

At a point, God expressee his displeasure with how women were being indiscriminately divorced...

Women , including married women were not taught to be subject to physical abuse or torture or 'spanking' 😉

The Qur'an and Sunnah too mentions several women from Mary, Pharaoh's wife, the Prophet's wives and many others we can emulate too. They were not Prophetesses.

Stop the lies that God expresses his displeasure with how women is being treated. The law was brutal on them!

As regards beating one's wife:
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good.” [al-Nisa 4:19]

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise” [al-Baqarah 2:228]

This verse indicates that the man has additional rights, commensurate with his role as protector and maintainer and his responsibility of spending (on his wife) etc.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) enjoined kind treatment and honouring of one’s wife, and he described the best of people as those who are best to their wives. He said: “The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Majah, 1977; classed as sahih by al-Albani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) spoke a beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said, “You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 6352; Muslim, 1628)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Fear Allah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allah and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the words of Allah. Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike; if they do that then hit them but not in a harsh manner. And their right over you is that you should provide for them and clothe them on a reasonable basis.” Narrated by Muslim, 1218.
What is meant by “they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike” is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses, whether the person disliked is a man or a woman, or any of the woman’s mahrams [close relatives to whom marriage is forbidden]. The prohibition includes all of them. (From the words of al-Nawawi)

The hadith may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great” [al-Nisa 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 11:05am On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
You agree he never appointed any female disciples among the 12? No slot for them! It is 0% women! It is not a mistake by Jesus!

Quote Biblical verse that states Deborah and the others were Prophetess?

The Qur'an and Sunnah too mentions several women from Mary, Pharaoh's wife, the Prophet's wives and many others we can emulate too. They were not Prophetesses.

Stop the lies that God expresses his displeasure with how women is being treated. The law was brutal on them!

As regards beating one's wife:

Jesus Apostles were men but did he look down on women like his contemporaries ?

No... The only person he specifically told he was the Messiah was a woman, a woman who lived immorally...
The first set of people he spoke with after his ascension were women

Was 9 year old Aisha a prophetess?
How would a sane man marry a 6 year old?

Go to Islamic countries and watch their women conference, you will not see a single woman
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 11:12am On Apr 20
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is the chosen servant among Jehovah's Witnesses as mentioned in the below verse:

“You are my WITNESSES,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my SERVANT whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none...." Isaiah 43:10

All worshipers of the true God are His WITNESSES including Jesus His chosen one or Messiah! Revelations 1:5

Are you joking?

Where was Muslims mentioned before your Quran was written?

The name Jesus means Jehovah is Salvation it can't be found before his birth nah what he's saying is exactly the same thing you claimed: he has come to fulfill the laws of the God of Israel!

There were mentioned many times but you won't understand it.
Where do you want me to show you? From the corrupted Bible that even translates name to English? Of what use are the name translations to English?

If your name is Isho in Aramaic why can't they leave it so in other languages? They will keep translating it till it becomes latinised then "English"!
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 11:25am On Apr 20
Aemmyjah:

Jesus Apostles were men but did he look down on women like his contemporaries ?
He did once! He called the Canaanite woman and his tribe dog!

No... The only person he specifically told he was the Messiah was a woman, a woman who lived immorally...
The first set of people he spoke with after his ascension were women
Where are verses for Prophetess in your Bible?

Was 9 year old Aisha a prophetess?
How would a sane man [/b]marry a 6 year old?
She was never a Prophetess! And there is no Prophetess in Islam!
This is why you are being banned! If i report your [b]sane man
to the mods now you'll be complaining to Max!

A sane man marries women in whatever law is applicable among their tribe in so far as the Parents agreed to it!
And secondly show me a biblical verse that states the age of a bride or go against marrying infants?

Go to Islamic countries and watch their women conference, you will not see a single woman
Women don't need to be there because woman is the glory of man. 1 Corinthians 11:7
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Emusan(m): 12:24pm On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
Scriptural truth or your theological position?

The scriptures.

What did the Prophets (Plural) wrote about him (Jesus) specifically and contextually anywhere in the Old Testament?

Plenty which I've mentioned few.

Why didn't you mention how Jesus avoided to use the law when the adulteress woman was brought to him?

He used it reason why those who brought the woman left without doing anything according to the law.

Also, to obey laws is different FROM FULFILLING THE LAW.

1. As far as I know, Isaiah 42 does not mention Jesus by name!

It doesn't need to mention Him by name.

2. It does not even mention God coming to become man or God's son!

Other scripture did that.

3. Isaiah 42 mentioned the characteristics of one God's servant not God's son nor God becoming man!

And only Jesus fits into those characteristics and Jesus and His Apostles all attested to that.

How is Jesus God's servant again?
He is God became man!
He is God!
He is God's servant again?

Yes He is God who became Man
He is God Almighty
He is The Prophet
He is God's Servant
He is the Son of God
He is the Son of Man

In fact He is everything.

And how is the Isaiah 42 verses exactly the same in Luke 4:17-21?

Isaiah 42:1-3
Here is My Servant, whom I uphold, My Chosen One, in whom My soul delights. I will put My Spirit on Him, and He will bring justice to the nations. He will not cry out or raise His voice, nor make His voice heard in the streets.
A bruised reed He will not break and a smoldering wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice.…

Luke 4:17
The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”…

Luke 4:17-21 is a direct quote from Isa 61:1-2 not Isa 42.

I only used Isa 42 as one of the PROPHETS Jesus fulfilled.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Aemmyjah(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
He did once! He called the Canaanite woman and his tribe dog!

Where are verses for Prophetess in your Bible?

She was never a Prophetess! And there is no Prophetess in Islam!
This is why you are being banned! If i report your sane man to the mods now you'll be complaining to Max!

A sane man marries women in whatever law is applicable among their tribe in so far as the Parents agreed to it!
And secondly show me a biblical verse that states the age of a bride or go against marrying infants?

Women don't need to be there because woman is the glory of man. 1 Corinthians 11:7
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. Ephesians 5:22

You are not serious
Jesus never called a woman dog

You keep saying nonsense

Wives are told to subject or submit to the husband since the man is the head ...
Nowhere is the man encouraged to beat him wife
Women are to deeply respect the husband
Men are to love them

Koran says man can beat his wife
undecided
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 2:16pm On Apr 20
Aemmyjah:

You are not serious
Jesus never called a woman dog

Apologies if you feel somehow but you should have requested for the context and verse!

Matthew 15:22-28
A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

You keep saying nonsense
You said Deborah was a Prophetess in the Bible and i asked for proof in your Bible. Is that nonsense to you?

Wives are told to subject or submit to the husband since the man is the head ...
Nowhere is the man encouraged to beat him wife
Women are to deeply respect the husband
Men are to love them
Show me where a man is encouraged to beat his wife in Islam? Note the word encouraged!

Koran says man can beat his wife
undecided
Qur'an says a lot of thing which you don't know. If you had read what i wrote earlier you won't have rewritten this. But you just want to stick with your insincere position! So stick with it as i have already answered this.
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by AbuTwins: 2:49pm On Apr 20
Emusan:

He used it reason why those who brought the woman left without doing anything according to the law.

Also, to obey laws is different FROM FULFILLING THE LAW.
Is disobeying the law then fulfilling it?

It doesn't need to mention Him by name.
No it does! If it doesn't then you are clutching on straws!

Other scripture did that.
How do we know the scriptures were talking about the same contexts? Even the Jews disagree with all your assertions!

And only Jesus fits into those characteristics and Jesus and His Apostles all attested to that.
Essentially, out of over 10 Billion people that have touch the earth, the probability that Jesus is the only one that could fulfill those no named prophecy is slim!

Yes He is God who became Man
He is God Almighty
He is The Prophet
He is God's Servant
He is the Son of God
He is the Son of Man

In fact He is everything.
Your theological assertions!

Luke 4:17-21 is a direct quote from Isa 61:1-2 not Isa 42.

I only used Isa 42 as one of the PROPHETS Jesus fulfilled.

Okay!
But those Prophecies are not for Jesus!
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
You Sabi tell lies o?
■ How many women did Jesus appoint as deciples?
■ How many Prophets women exist in the Bible?
■ Even with all the verses above that gives clear distinct submission to men you're still denying?
Again, I am not here to hold brief for any religionist here, so don't mistake my response for support for anyone's views as I instead believe in the facts as stated in Scripture. undecided

1. There were at least 7 women recorded as disciples of Jesus Christ while He lived. Women were also sent out with the 72 disciples into areas around the land by Jesus Christ.

2. There were female prophets in the Old Covenant times. Two of them were named - Deborah and Anna.

3. If you paid close attention to Scripture, you would find that God's laws of submission pertained to women in marriage. Zelophadad's daughters - Numbers 27 - were not restricted to the same. And these laws that pertain to submission in marriage had to do with the Nation of Israel in the land of Canaan. That nation was destroyed by the God of Israel about 1900 years ago rendering that Constitutional Law of no real worth to anyone in this day and age. undecided
Re: Poor treatment Of Women In The Bible by Emusan(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20
AbuTwins:
Is disobeying the law then fulfilling it?

No!

Then, do you understand now that to OBEY is different from to FULFILL?

No it does! If it doesn't then you are clutching on straws!

It does not!

As if a name is given then anybody can wake up to claim the name, that was the reason God used the best method CHARACTERISTICS and Jesus Himself, proved that using the Hebrew text.

Don't forget many Muslims have tried to claim Mohammed prophethood has it's origin from the Bible. In fact some have claimed Isa 61 is talking about Muhammad.

How do we know the scriptures were talking about the same contexts? Even the Jews disagree with all your assertions!

Jesus was given a book to read and He read it and told them openly "today this scripture is FULFILLED in your ears" which means they understand the scripture and reason they couldn't object to what He said.

Provide where they disagree with all my assertions.

Essentially, out of over 10 Billion people that have touch the earth, the probability that Jesus is the only one that could fulfill those no named prophecy is slim!

it can't be BILLIONS PEOPLE because the prophecies have precise location and specific people.

And Jesus FULFILLED THEM ALL.

Your theological assertions!

No! They all have Biblical support.

Okay!
But those Prophecies are not for Jesus!

They are for Jesus.

As proven in the Bible

"Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." - Luke 24:27

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Forgive Anybody? / America Is Not In Prophecy! / God Or My Landlady,plz Pastors Nd Blivas,advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.