Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era (35528 Views)

High School Magical Episode 9 - The New Era (season 2 Episode 1) / Comedy Movie Nkem Owoh, Tony One Week / Nkem Owoh And Mr Latin To Star In New Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by viodemus: 4:53pm On Apr 16
I thought they were making okp*lor eyes joke.

As in say okp*lor eyes dey like tell Nigeria tales by moonlight, on a daily basis.

Even me sef tire.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by iichidodo: 4:54pm On Apr 16
UHLmoving:
6pm
No, it was 6.30...She always had two stories to narrate. Remember? Each story was 15 mins each. Right after the program, the NTA News at 7.pm will commence..

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Yankee101: 4:56pm On Apr 16
Thank you ma for the work you do
Live long and thank you for your shared talents

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Pootle: 4:56pm On Apr 16
good old days

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by blackmantis: 4:57pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like the late Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.

Uncle Jimi Solanke also handled Storyland. He was so captivating with his songs. I still can't forget how he told the story of Joromi.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Svoboda(m): 4:59pm On Apr 16
topelenege:
This is not one from the '80s

The Intro song had a shy girl dancing in the village square. That's the original.

Very true.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by blackboy(m): 4:59pm On Apr 16
Mr Tortoise, lion those tales and custumes lol. With little variety back then it was like a must. Very interesting. It was like being with those kids listening to her. Very good concept and taught Morales. I wonder why our generation grew so violent or became violent in secondary and higher institutions. And in society. Cultism gangs charms etc. perhaps it was because of NEPA and the military regimes

4 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Ashawokobokobo: 4:59pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CppdMLVoBI?si=q6QwmG_xt4CRDBNN
grin Nostalgic times I tell ya. Others include; Wille wille, New Village Masquerade, Samanja, Charlie Chaplin etc.

How old are you now?
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by DyingFetus: 5:01pm On Apr 16
Time for boomers to fap to their past

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by stagger: 5:04pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like the late Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.

Jimi Solanke handled Storyland. 1989.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by alezzy13: 5:04pm On Apr 16
iichidodo:
No, it was 6.30...She always had two stories to narrate. Remember? Each story was 15 mins each. Right after the program, the NTA News at 7.pm will commence..

Hmm. Elders dey here oo 😁

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by tollyboy5(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16
I don watch reach 11 minute I don't try. Me after watching tales by Moonlight Na to com dey ask my mile jamb question
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by papyjaypaul: 5:07pm On Apr 16
Kids these days are going to experience mental burnout because most of what they do is artificial.

You need a break in your life, everything cannot be technology. Who even has enough time and patience to wait for the moon these days? EVERYONE wants to be online and they think nature is online too. E no go work. You need to observe nature, you need to know how to listen, you need to know how to live with community. This is missing today, that is why EVERYONE is online giving gbas gbos and they are happy. quick to share, like, forward. They are reading but they are not understanding. Reading to reply, fastest fingers first, chaos everywhere but we think we are advancing

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by onuman: 5:09pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CppdMLVoBI?si=q6QwmG_xt4CRDBNN
grin Nostalgic times I tell ya. Others include; Wille wille, New Village Masquerade, Samanja, Charlie Chaplin etc.

When NEPA was supplying electricity to the homes connected to its grid.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Rinoxy: 5:15pm On Apr 16
shadrach77:
She tried but Uncle Jimi Solanke did it better

Days when naija was still good kiss
Can u guys survive without the annoying comparison thing?

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by iichidodo: 5:18pm On Apr 16
alezzy13:

Hmm. Elders dey here oo 😁
Dude was mixing up storyland with tales by moonlight...Storyland was every Thursday, 6pm... Tales by moonlight every Sunday,6.30 pm ....Storyland was longer because there was much singing and clapping to songs by Jimi Solanke and the children..

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Konquest: 5:21pm On Apr 16
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by frankoben(m): 5:21pm On Apr 16
Golden years, I shed a tear as I remember this wonderful era in my childhood.

Indeed a golden era in our collective history and a memory to be preserved in time from generation to generation.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Charlico2(m): 5:22pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

Pls. check the bolded sentence again. I doubt it.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Beremx(f): 5:25pm On Apr 16
Racoon we definitely belong to the same generation. I enjoy your nostalgic posts.
BTW, I have been searching for the old Tales by Noon montage on YouTube and I can't find it. What is available is the one after it. The old montage is the one with masquerades dragging a man inside the bush.
Do you remember?

3 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Kobicove(m): 5:25pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

You mean Frank Olize is dead?

When? shocked
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by sylve11: 5:28pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

How soon hath time. The subtle criminal of childhood. sad cool

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Konquest: 5:28pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Is Frank Olize dead? I doubt it because there was a wicked and wild rumor that he had died but he latter resurfaced at his daughter's wedding ceremony in Dubai. I just did a quick check online and there was no death story on him tbh.

It's the iconic Yinka Craig, Frank Olize's close colleague on NTA Newsline that sadly passed on years back. If Frank Olize (who is from Desmond Olusola Elliot's mother's Ilah home town in the Oshimili area of Delta State) passes on today, we would all know of it back in Nigeria and in the Nigerian Diaspora because he was much loved by many folks. I first knew Frank Olize, Yinka Craig, Sola Omole, John Momoh, Ms.Tokunbo Ajayi, etc, on NTA Network back in the early 1980s and their memories still endure.

=>https://www.nairaland.com/3757467/frank-olize-nta-newsline-how
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by bigpicture001: 5:28pm On Apr 16
shadrach77:

Uncle jimmy is for story land
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Beremx(f): 5:28pm On Apr 16
shadrach77:

how did Jimi Sholanke did better? Una don start comparison. Jimi Sholanke had his own story telling show. Both shows were amazing in their own way
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by shoprite: 5:29pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

Yeah Jimi Solanke passed on recently (February 2024) but I don't think we can say the same for Frank Olize, info has it that he relocated to the USA but no news about him passing. You can check again it would be an opportunity for us all to learn.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Risingblue008(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16
With the camera background
This particular tales by moonlight
Na even the recent ones
Talea by moonlight as 1993
Willi willi
Ishaworu
Narrow eacape ahhhh
Whr nollywood dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Forumites: 5:32pm On Apr 16
The indomians are watching from the corners. Now you know how old all those nairaland derailers are. 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Everydaylove: 5:33pm On Apr 16
I always thought she was a northerner. One of my favorite program then. God bless her
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Dpharisee: 5:33pm On Apr 16
Kizz Daniel used the theme song of Tales by Moonlight for his hit song because according to his mum loves it and told him how it helped shape her childhood
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Konquest: 5:40pm On Apr 16
Kobicove:

You mean Frank Olize is dead?

When? shocked
I was wondering too. I don't think he is dead otherwise we would all know... Nigerians and Diasporan Nigerians would instantly know because he was loved for his great humor on the TV screens while with the late Yinka Craig, or Patrick Oke on NTA Newsline.

https://www.nairaland.com/3757467/frank-olize-nta-newsline-how

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BBNaija: The Celebrity Lookalikes Of The Housemates (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy Kisses Ike / BBNaija All Stars: How Nigerians Voted Tolanibaj, Frodd And Seyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.