Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era (35530 Views)

High School Magical Episode 9 - The New Era (season 2 Episode 1) / Comedy Movie Nkem Owoh, Tony One Week / Nkem Owoh And Mr Latin To Star In New Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by clems88(m): 7:53pm On Apr 16
This is not the real one .
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by kernniejay(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16
topelenege:
This is not one from the '80s

The Intro song had a shy girl dancing in the village square. That's the original.
And also the original had some children swimming in a river, and a masquerade entering the bush or coming out, I can't remember well.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Donchyke007(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16
Nostalgic!
Anywhere you hear that soundtrack you start running to go and mark your position in front of the TV screen. I recall those moments and I get emotional. Time don fly sha🥺

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ValeeLove(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16
I can't even recall the actual tune of the show, and I blame Kiss Daniel for that.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by IbrahimSkiba(f): 8:17pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.

I really can't relate but I really wished I was born in that era.

Must have been beautiful

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ceejay80s(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Wizuman: 8:34pm On Apr 16
OfeAchi:
What is Tales By Moonlight?
I should be in my early sixties. Maybe I've not heard about it cos I grew up with a diamond spoon. I watched cable TV all through my childhood. cheesy

Did we have cable TV in Nigeria in the 80s?

The first time I watched anything close was early-mid 90s - CableTel free mode.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by emelda86(f): 8:34pm On Apr 16
Omo person don old ooo...gen z them go dey ask what is tales by moonlight?
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ceejay80s(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.
Point of correction....jimi sholanke was for story land not tales by moonlight...
I remember nta channel 7 and feyi kogbon
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ceejay80s(m): 8:40pm On Apr 16
Rinoxy:

Can u guys survive without the annoying comparison thing?
No mind Dem.
Dem wan hype their yoruba bloda
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by VirgoG: 8:45pm On Apr 16
How time flies!!

The good old days. She really made my childhood interesting.

I think it was 6pm then. After tales by moonlight, we get ready for family circle, papa ajasco, Fuji house of commotion, heaven's gate, before the 9pm news.

That was when we had good and educative t.v programs

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Sleekfingers: 9:07pm On Apr 16
Indomie generation will run from this trend like plagues
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by frfrank(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

Hi
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by CHAQUR: 10:07pm On Apr 16
That auntie actually raised 90% of us Nigerian children born in the 70s, 80s-90s... Reason many of us in that circle are of good moral.

Unlike these "Tom and Jerry" generations...full of kleptomaniac, fraudsters & cheaters like their mentors. Worst still, the "Power Rangers" generations...very aggressive and disrespectful.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by pezeji(m): 10:12pm On Apr 16
That lady killed the show, she was the reason many watched it back to back
shadrach77:
She tried but Uncle Jimi Solanke did it better

Days when naija was still good kiss

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by aalangel(f): 10:21pm On Apr 16
I loved it but I never liked the animal stories.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by placeofallure(f): 10:41pm On Apr 16
Racoon:

No. I think Uncle Jimi was anchoring Storyland on Thursdays I suppose. Tales by Moonlight was Sunday afternoons after church. I remember like it was yesterday.

Oh God, this thread is giving me goosebumps. I'm really nostalgic right now. Those were the best moments of my life....the innocence, the blithe...Oh!

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Okoroawusa: 11:25pm On Apr 16
Tara...tataratara....tararatarata( repeatedly)

If you no sabi hum this beat even till now then you grew up in the inner inner village in the 70s and 80s...
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by NwaliE01: 11:26pm On Apr 16
This was indeed one of the best part of my childhood memories in addition to Tom and Jerry.
Our black and white coloured TV then comes to mind each time I remember tales by the moon light. Their stories where quite enriching and educational.
Children, what do you learn in my story today?

My intersting part of her conclusion of the story.

Today, hmmmmm! Children have no such a beautiful experience.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by nani212(m): 11:46pm On Apr 16
MackIV:
Tales by Moonlight

Every Sunday, NTA by 6pm

How time flies

6:30 pm
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by MrLibrarian(m): 12:54am On Apr 17
Jewessgratitud3:
Wow this beautiful woman those days. Really enjoyed her stories and missed her when she was replaced by one other tall woman.

Beautiful memories.
this kind thread you no suppose missgrin
Na wah ooo people really old for this forum oo
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by MrLibrarian(m): 12:57am On Apr 17
21NAUGHTYUTY:
The first thing that came to my head was that soundtrack. Finish your chores on time and pray Nepa should bring light.

Donchyke007:
Nostalgic!
Anywhere you hear that soundtrack you start running to go and mark your position in front of the TV screen. I recall those moments and I get emotional. Time don fly sha🥺
Omo me tooo I really miss those moments.
Really loved and still reminisce about the soundtrack.
Nostalgia
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by MrLibrarian(m): 12:58am On Apr 17
pretydiva:
Nostalgia smiley
shut up there.
Which nostalgia?
Indomie generation kid dey follow put voice
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by MrLibrarian(m): 12:59am On Apr 17
emelda86:
Omo person don old ooo...gen z them go dey ask what is tales by moonlight?
married?
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Adekdammy: 5:23am On Apr 17
Racoon:

Jimi Solanke was story land
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by themanderon: 8:30am On Apr 17
MackIV:
Tales by Moonlight

Every Sunday, NTA by 6pm

How time flies,

You flip through TV stations, till 7pm to STV or AIT to watch Papa Ajasco or Fuji House of Commotion, one comes before the other.
ALL THROUGH TILL 8pm.

You now watch, X-files agent scully and Molder or 24 till 9pm, that's when your father go come watch 9pm news. Na to go sleep

Monday na school grin

Haaa!!! Agent molder and agent Scully of that year grin. The time when Nigeria was still good when you are guaranteed of nearly 24hrs power and you never worried about fuel prices going up.
Truly this country has completely degraded.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ceeceeuwa: 8:35am On Apr 17
shadrach77:
She tried but Uncle Jimi Solanke did it better

Days when naija was still good kiss
Umcle Jimi Solanke did 'Story land'.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by emelda86(f): 3:02pm On Apr 17
MrLibrarian:
married?
No
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by meobizy(f): 3:47pm On Apr 17
She was aunty Nkem to two generations of Nigerians. She played the role when men forty-seven years old today were a mere year old until those thirty-three today were born. She try.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by MrLibrarian(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17
emelda86:
No
can I message you with the number on your signature let's get to know each other
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by emelda86(f): 6:48am On Apr 18
MrLibrarian:
can I message you with the number on your signature let's get to know each other
yea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BBNaija: The Celebrity Lookalikes Of The Housemates (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy Kisses Ike / BBNaija All Stars: How Nigerians Voted Tolanibaj, Frodd And Seyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.