Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era (35538 Views)

High School Magical Episode 9 - The New Era (season 2 Episode 1) / Comedy Movie Nkem Owoh, Tony One Week / Nkem Owoh And Mr Latin To Star In New Movie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Passionate888: 5:42pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like the late Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.
Who hosted Storyline?
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Dpharisee: 5:45pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like the late Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.
Frank Olize is not late, the man still dey kampe
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by jaxxy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16
Lol she had some scary stories back then.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by godofuck231: 5:49pm On Apr 16
She should be awarded with a national honours at least

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Allisgud: 5:52pm On Apr 16
She made our childhood days a glamour able one followed by papa ajasco, those days we no sabi gotv
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Geekop: 5:53pm On Apr 16
Legendary memory...
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Real2088: 5:54pm On Apr 16
I no dey like STORIES even as a child grin
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Oritna94(m): 5:54pm On Apr 16
Wow. Happy times indeed. The stories all had a lesson to teach us then..
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by SheikhMuniru(m): 5:55pm On Apr 16
Koto aiye, aaje ni Iya e, etc
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by favour32(m): 6:01pm On Apr 16
Super Ted...
She tried.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Paparazi2011(m): 6:02pm On Apr 16
This video is new not old
The one am talking about the drama inside ,people wearing different animal costumes
Am talking of 90s
I know only few people can relate
always every sunday on NTA
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Emyogalanya: 6:02pm On Apr 16

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by SaLongs1(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16
OfeAchi:
What is Tales By Moonlight?
I should be in my early sixties. Maybe I've not heard about it cos I grew up with a diamond spoon. I watched cable TV all through my childhood. cheesy
Find the nearest wall to you and bang your head very hard against it to receive some sense.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by NairalandGOAT1: 6:11pm On Apr 16
Like play like play me sef don turn old skul
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by LordReed(m): 6:17pm On Apr 16
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.

Frank and Aunty Nkem lived in my estate back in the day. Frank was a very private person but it was only when Aunty's Nkem was not home you won't see children flocking around her flat. And she was for real a nice lady.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by LordReed(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16
Paparazi2011:
This video is new not old
The one am talking about the drama inside ,people wearing different animal costumes
Am talking of 90s
I know only few people can relate
always every sunday on NTA

6pm that time, all the children will leave the playground and run home to watch. You could set your clock by it.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by TruthOff: 6:22pm On Apr 16
Damn Tales by Moonlight. This was a great show during 90s and 2000s, How big it was, once it was time on a Sunday. Every child in the neighborhood will be indoors ready to the week show... What was funny then, looking back now is the different costumes those actors wore... They tried sha back then... Great great show
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by adedayoa2(f): 6:23pm On Apr 16
So much memories, God bless you ma.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by ebezojo(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16
Good old days.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by adedayoa2(f): 6:24pm On Apr 16
shadrach77:
She tried but Uncle Jimi Solanke did it better

Days when naija was still good kiss
both of them did well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by HeightsKE: 6:30pm On Apr 16
OMG...I remember then at Auchi,we used to live at the GRA area which is hilly so out TV antenna was very strong and the TV receptions out of then bendel state were very good. We had NTA 11 Akure,NTA 8 Enugu and our own NTA Benin. Then at times we used to receive NTA 9 Ilorin and if you turn your pole a bit,you get NTA 8 again for Lagos TV.

But it was NTA 8 Enugu we started watching the Tortoise Club show every Saturday and it was a very interesting show then for kids...those days,nepa constant...we don't know what happened to this Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16
The first thing that came to my head was that soundtrack. Finish your chores on time and pray Nepa should bring light.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by cybriz82(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16
shadrach77:
She tried but Uncle Jimi Solanke did it better

Days when naija was still good kiss

With him bass crack voice..good ol days..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by GboyegaD(m): 6:45pm On Apr 16
iichidodo:
No, it was 6.30...She always had two stories to narrate. Remember? Each story was 15 mins each. Right after the program, the NTA News at 7.pm will commence..

The times changed. There was a time it was 5pm and another 5:30 however, the latest it aired was 6:30pm. Then you have to wait each quarter to know what the time of your favorite program is.

1 Like

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Bestest05: 6:45pm On Apr 16
Virtuous woman
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by pretydiva(f): 6:47pm On Apr 16
Nostalgia smiley
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by iichidodo: 6:48pm On Apr 16
GboyegaD:

The times changed. There was a time it was 5pm and another 5:30 however, the latest it aired was 6:30pm. Then you have to wait each quarter to know what the time of your favorite program is.
But you will agree with me that it was a 30 min program, yes?..
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by GboyegaD(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16
iichidodo:
But you will agree with me that it was a 30 min program, yes?..

Yes, it was 30minutes.

I also remember telefest where the various NTA stations competed and entertained us to some great TV programs in that one week.

2 Likes

Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by Amopeekun(f): 7:08pm On Apr 16
Hi
Racoon:
Aunty Nkem just like Frank Olize Newsline show were weekend delights. I think there were times the late Uncle Jimi Solanke( of blessed memory) also handled the Tales by Moonlight show. Say hi if this show also spiced up your childhood. Mods let the indomie generation learn something.
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by bmaster2000: 7:27pm On Apr 16
Ibo people dominated NTA then most especially hosting almost all NTA network programme using tribalism cards ....
In the recent time, Thank God for internet technology and varieties of native programmes ....this really exposed their inferiority among all other major tribes in Nigeria .... because Yoruba programme is heavily stream more than Ibo program on internet ....Yoruba entertainment industries is more populous than the Ibos . Yoruba Music industries is second to none in Nigeria ...
Tales by moonlight is an English spoken programme ...however , the programme could have done better if the story exhibited Yoruba culture instead of Ibo culture because of the person in. Charge of the program ....
Re: Aunty Nkem Oselloka-Orakwue Of The Tales By Moonlight Era by nkemjacob2(m): 7:44pm On Apr 16
This is not the old one.... This is even recent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#BBNaija: The Celebrity Lookalikes Of The Housemates (Photos) / BBNaija: Mercy Kisses Ike / BBNaija All Stars: How Nigerians Voted Tolanibaj, Frodd And Seyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.