Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Who is an evening newspaper? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who is an evening newspaper? (17276 Views)

Change Of Name In Newspaper publication / Mad Man Buys And Reads Newspaper Daily In Uyo (photos) / Newspaper Publication For Change Of Name On National Dailies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17
Sapasenator:
Ok guys, listen let's trash this important topic and very popular phrase used very frequently on Nairaland by the guys.

In recent times I have always come across the term "evening newspaper", being used to refer to some certain individuals oftentimes the female folks on this honourable site.

The term is often used in a derogatory term to refer to ladies of a certain age group who are yet to marry.

I must confess that I find this term to be amusing and often wonder at the origin considering the fact that I am an avid reader of newspapers expecially the evening variety.

Now due to the present economic impasse in the country, we find that lots of the menfolk who are still single and yet to marry, in particular older males in their late thirties, early to mid- forties.

Can we refer to these categories of males as "evening newspapers" too.

I personally think if a man is not married at 35, he should be classified as an evening newspaper or what do you guys think.

For me, I would prefer the term not to be used at all as it is derogatory but if you insist on using them, I would say men could be evening newspapers too.

Men this is the only thing that caught my attention. I can't help but laugh. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 3:31pm On Apr 17
Twoclans:
Evening newspaper is a derogatory word common in nairaland.I am not so sure I have heard that word used on anyone outside nairaland.This might be because I am not active anywhere else.

The world will not come to your beck and call if you make the worst mistake a human being can make in life which is choosing a wrong and incompatible partner for marriage.That is when you would know that been called an evening newspaper is sexy.

Ageing is not gender specific, everybody ages regardless of gender.Pray tell is a man's erection at 40 years the same as 20 years? We all know the answer to that question but let's pretend it's only women that has their biological clock going down.
may be a trial with someone in their 60's or 70's will prove how wrong that statement is. 👌

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 3:38pm On Apr 17
jmoore:

You or your uncle, whoever is the character in your story is not yet serious to get married.

Abi o. Maybe na both of them wan marry one girl.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Evolutionism: 6:08pm On Apr 17
joseph1832:
Men this is the only thing that caught my attention. I can't help but laugh. grin grin

grin grin grin

He just learnt about Reverse Psychology. So it's normal.

Also check when he registered the account.

These days i can easily decode and deduce so much about humans by just observing.

Let the fool keep on fooling himself.

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by cococandy(f): 6:24pm On Apr 17
Men are obsessed with women. That’s it. That’s all

5 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 6:31pm On Apr 17
cococandy:

It's a good thing na to be obsessed about women. Don't you think so.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by cococandy(f): 6:34pm On Apr 17
Sapasenator:

It's a good thing na to be obsessed about women. Don't you think so.
not it’s not a good thing

1 Like

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17
cococandy:
so women aren't obsessed with men, or, they're just obsessed with a man's money? 🤔

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Apr 17
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by We4all: 6:45pm On Apr 17
AlphaHakimi:
The term evening Newspaper is used to describe a woman who has passed her reproductive prime. Most people know that Newspapers are sold in the morning when the news is still fresh/recent and hence any news you are hearing of in the evening is usually stale and has little to no value.

That being said, we should agree that there are certain stages in life that ensures things are done properly (Although this is not a rule).

It is usually difficult/impossible to find a 30 year old man/woman as a pupil in primary school because he/ she has passed the age to still ve in school.

The example above shows why older unmarried woman are referred to as Evening Newspaper. We all agree that a woman is mostly fertile between the ages of 18-35yrs ( Although some women can still give birth much later in life).

This is why men usually prefer younger women and they refer to older unmarried women as evening newspapers because they have little or no reproductive value when compared to younger women.

Although the paradox of life and death does not work in the theory of first come - first serve, it is important you do things in life at a time nature has made perfect(This does not mean it may not work out at other times though).

So a single lady should try to vet the man she wants to marry on his character and not on his finance.

Marry at "natures best time", raise your children on time to avoid being offended when society refer to you as Evening Newspaper.

If you read this with an open mind devoid of sentiment, you will know I'm telling the truth. I'm always on the side of truth.

Shalom

You are entitled to your opinion but let me hammer on what you have written. Why must a woman marry at nature's best time if she can't find a compatible partner? In other words, you are trying to push women into a bad marriage because you feel it is the most important feat in a woman's life. If you think it is, then what makes it so?

If women prioritise finance over character, then it is because most broke men pretend to be good. As soon as a broke man hits the jackpot, his wild side becomes visible. So, why should a woman compromise her preferences just to please the society?

I am not trying to hold brief for women, but the society should let them breathe. Not everyone will get married and being single doesn't make anyone worthless.

Like I always tell people, getting married is one of the easiest things to do, but what happens after is the most challenging part.

Most women are still single because they are yet to find their kind of man. And I can boldly tell you that if those women end up single, heavens won't fall. Do you know why, because marriage, life and everything else in this world is ephemeral and it is only shallow minded people that will place much value on it.

I know two siblings that passed on. One was married with kids and the second wasn't. Some shallow minded people still think that the married one was better off, but they are yet to prove why? If leaving behind kids that others will be saddled with the responsibility makes her better off in death, then it's no brainer why the African continent will continue to be a 10th world country.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by We4all: 6:52pm On Apr 17
DyingFetus:
Men age differently

A man can be in his 80s and still be getting laid wbut a woman at 80s obviously can't and has reached meno

Menopause is not a disease and using it to insult women is shallow. Florence Ita Giwa is over 80 and still getting hit by men. So, rest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 6:54pm On Apr 17
We4all:

Menopause is not a disease and using it to insult women is shallow. Florence Ita Giwa is over 80 and still getting hit by men. So, rest.

Absolutely correct. I go buy you one Jamaican beer if you are a drinking person.

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by We4all: 6:55pm On Apr 17
Peakdesign23:
My uncle is 48 and still unmarried and I want to use this medium to find him a wife from nairaland. A pretty girl that is hardworking and has good character. Age 25-30 yrs old.

Your uncle is an evening paper and still looking for girls young enough to be his daughters. He should rest.

3 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by We4all: 6:59pm On Apr 17
Tallesty1:
The day she was proposed to, she was happy, and friends congratulated her because something was achieved.

Words do not change their meanings to accommodate our individual opinions. Though the message conveyed may vary depending on the context, but not in this instance.

Building a house is an achievement. If the house later collapses on the owner and kills him, it doesn't change the fact that building it was an achievement. Gaining admission to study your chosen course at your favorite university is an achievement; failing miserably or even dropping out doesn't change that. Once you plan something and finally get it done, an achievement is made.

Marriage must not be successful before it becomes an achievement; marrying is an achievement, and having a successful marriage is another achievement.

Peace.
Same way losing one's virginity is an achievement since sex makes one happy.

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 10:47pm On Apr 17
We4all:

Your uncle is an evening paper and still looking for girls young enough to be his daughters. He should rest.

Wahala. Real evening newspaper
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by poshestmina(f): 1:11am On Apr 18
It's just 'their' way of trying to pull a woman down. Even if Dangote was a woman on Nairaland ,they'll will tag her Evening Newspaper!

7 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 1:33am On Apr 18
cococandy:
not it’s not a good thing

Some obsessions can be good na
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by tanigororo: 4:25am On Apr 18
pocohantas:

Nobody can be an evening newspaper as you have rightly noted that the word is derogatory. Even worse that it most times comes from men who are unmarried themselves, but somehow clutch to that as the only means to put women down.

The Term Evening Newspaper is derogatory, obviously.

Using Nairaland as a case study, I am yet to see any of the forum's rules that says females must be married to have peace. So the obsession with the marital status of women on this site is unbecoming.

That said, marriage is a lifetime decision that can make or mar you. You should do it when you are prepared for it and with someone who wants it as much as you do. It is not for survival or change of status. If you die at 30, they will call it premature death. But you are alive and same people think you are too old for marriage.

People have different spec at different stages of their lives. Pick your own spec and shut up.

Nobody is an evening newspaper. If you are worried about single ladies/men, do well to marry one and help us reduce the population of singles. Anything less and you are an emptyheaded rabblerouser.
I was planning to marry 4 wives to reduce the number of single ladies, unfortunately non of them agreed to the plan.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by capnies: 10:45am On Apr 18
pocohantas:

Yes, but I have also seen cases of how quickly people became regretful after getting married to a wrong partner. So I don't limit it to just being married, but having a good one.

THERE IS NO GOOD MARRIAGE, JUST LIKE THE LADY SAID YOU WORK OUT YOUR ACHIEVEMENT AFTER GETTING MARRIED.
MARRIAGE IS A MACHINE THAT BOTH SIDES NEEDS TO OIL FOR IT TO RUN SEAMLESSLY

1 Like

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by capnies: 10:56am On Apr 18
joseph1832:
may be a trial with someone in their 60's or 70's will prove how wrong that statement is. 👌

THESE DAYS YOU SEE YOUNG MEN OF 18-25 TAKING SEX ENHANCERS
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by descarado: 12:06pm On Apr 18
joseph1832:
so women aren't obsessed with men, or, they're just obsessed with a man's money? 🤔
Nope darling, women are not actually obsessed with a man's pocket.
Rather, men made it a prerequisite for expressing love to women. A woman will not beg you for phone, you come to visit her with the latest phone in town. It has been so since the inception of time that men show love and care by giving.

In your place of work, I am sure you have ladies too.
Or should we say that Nigerian ladies don't work?
Ur female colleagues earn the same as you but when you want to express likeness for one of the ladies, you come with unsolicited gifts. She refuses, you pressure her. Heaven help her if she is your subordinate at work, you will increase your level of "care" to the max.

Also, men use that to brag to fellow men. It's kinda an ego thing.

For all the entitlement mentality men's actions over the years has made women do, never blame women cos men initiate, watered and nurtured it to the level it is now.

And, ladies give to their men,but you will never hear that. She will hide that even to very close friends.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 3:31pm On Apr 18
descarado:

Rather, men made it a prerequisite for expressing love to women. A woman will not beg you for phone, you come to visit her with the latest phone in town. It has been so since the inception of time that men show love and care by giving.

Ur female colleagues earn the same as you but when you want to express likeness for one of the ladies, you come with unsolicited gifts. She refuses, you pressure her. Heaven help her if she is your subordinate at work, you will increase your level of "care" to the max.

For all the entitlement mentality men's actions over the years has made women do, never blame women cos men initiate, watered and nurtured it to the level it is now.

And, ladies give to their men,but you will never hear that. She will hide that even to very close friends.

I totally share you sentiment t and I am guilty of impressing ladies with money. It we men that are obsessed the most with women. That is an honest confession.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 6:39pm On Apr 18
descarado:

Your post reek of assumptions

2 Likes

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 7:07pm On Apr 18
joseph1832:
Your post reek of assumptions

Why do you think so. Care to share.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 8:38pm On Apr 18
Sapasenator:

Why do you think so. Care to share.
It didn't occur to her not every man behaves in a particular way.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 9:42pm On Apr 18
joseph1832:
It didn't occur to her not every man behaves in a particular way.

Most men will behave that way from my real live observation.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18
Sapasenator:

Most men will behave that way from my real live observation.
most men, not all men. There's a difference.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 9:57pm On Apr 18
joseph1832:
most men, not all men. There's a difference.

Most is what matters in a statistical inference for decision making.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by joseph1832(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18
Sapasenator:

Most is what matters in a statistical inference for decision making.
It still isn't the sum total of everything. Just because many Nigerians are stupid on social media, doesn't mean all Nigerians are stupid on social media. Statistical inference doesn't really come to play here.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Sapasenator: 11:14pm On Apr 18
joseph1832:
It still isn't the sum total of everything. Just because many Nigerians are stupid on social media, doesn't mean all Nigerians are stupid on social media. Statistical inference doesn't really come to play here.

Not social medial. Real life. Also, Social media is a subsect of the society. There are more than 1 billion people of Facebook for example.

1 Like

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by idanone(m): 10:37am On Apr 22
Sapasenator:
Ok guys, listen let's trash this important topic and very popular phrase used very frequently on Nairaland by the guys.

In recent times I have always come across the term "evening newspaper", being used to refer to some certain individuals oftentimes the female folks on this honourable site.

The term is often used in a derogatory term to refer to ladies of a certain age group who are yet to marry.

I must confess that I find this term to be amusing and often wonder at the origin considering the fact that I am an avid reader of newspapers expecially the evening variety.

Now due to the present economic impasse in the country, we find that lots of the menfolk who are still single and yet to marry, in particular older males in their late thirties, early to mid- forties.

Can we refer to these categories of males as "evening newspapers" too.

I personally think if a man is not married at 35, he should be classified as an evening newspaper or what do you guys think.

For me, I would prefer the term not to be used at all as it is derogatory but if you insist on using them, I would say men could be evening newspapers too.

hi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Different Languages Of Saying ."thank You" / The Memoir, Life And Time On Nigerian Waters Through The Eyes Of A Nurse. / Ways You Can Waste Money Without Realizing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.