Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Who is an evening newspaper? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who is an evening newspaper? (17448 Views)

Change Of Name In Newspaper publication / Mad Man Buys And Reads Newspaper Daily In Uyo (photos) / Newspaper Publication For Change Of Name On National Dailies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by mekleelex200(m): 10:37am On Apr 22
Another stupid post for Monday morning. The owner of the post and who pushed it to front page is full of sh*t upstairs.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Ekaette1621990: 10:37am On Apr 22
Ask Siofra or Jennyclay.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anyway I laugh in Swahili 😂😂

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by zeusdgrt(m): 10:38am On Apr 22
pocohantas:
Nobody can be an evening newspaper as you have rightly noted that the word is derogatory. Even worse that it most times comes from men who are unmarried themselves, but somehow clutch to that as the only means to put women down.

Using Nairaland as a case study, I am yet to see any of the forum's rules that says females must be married to have peace. So the obsession with the marital status of women on this site is unbecoming.

That said, marriage is a lifetime decision that can make or mar you. You should do it when you are prepared for it and with someone who wants it as much as you do. It is not for survival or change of status. If you die at 30, they will call it premature death. But you are alive and same people think you are too old for marriage.

People have different spec at different stages of their lives. Pick your own spec and shut up.

Nobody is an evening newspaper. If you are worried about single ladies/men, do well to marry one and help us reduce the population of singles. Anything less and you are an emptyheaded rabblerouser.
the thing pain u sha
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Mcslize: 10:39am On Apr 22
Stop it. You should know better with simple common sense. Men have no biological clock. So, why will you call them evening newspapers?

Sapasenator

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by ComeToJesus: 10:40am On Apr 22
An evening newspaper is known as PM News..

I don't know if they still publish it..
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Solofresh2: 10:41am On Apr 22
Unmarried overripe women

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by cosm19(f): 10:41am On Apr 22
Good morning Nl family, i just created this monika this morning because of shame, i'm a old member of Nl with good reputation.
I've been battling with financial problem and inability to sustain my little crumbling business...I'm depressed, the whole situation is killing me, i need help to get foodstuffs that can last a couple of weeks or 1 month.
Rice, palm oil and garri, i need just little time to rebuild my business capital without spending from the profit..
Thanks in advance and May God bless you all as you assist me...
Moneypoint
Nikkymore
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:42am On Apr 22
I don't know what u people call an evening newspaper...

To me, they all pussies and we must continue banging any available ones...

Check that!

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by ComeToJesus: 10:42am On Apr 22
pocohantas:
Nobody can be an evening newspaper as you have rightly noted that the word is derogatory. Even worse that it most times comes from men who are unmarried themselves, but somehow clutch to that as the only means to put women down.

Using Nairaland as a case study, I am yet to see any of the forum's rules that says females must be married to have peace. So the obsession with the marital status of women on this site is unbecoming.

That said, marriage is a lifetime decision that can make or mar you. You should do it when you are prepared for it and with someone who wants it as much as you do. It is not for survival or change of status. If you die at 30, they will call it premature death. But you are alive and same people think you are too old for marriage.

People have different spec at different stages of their lives. Pick your own spec and shut up.

Nobody is an evening newspaper. If you are worried about single ladies/men, do well to marry one and help us reduce the population of singles. Anything less and you are an emptyheaded rabblerouser.

This is a gold 🪙 standard comment.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by emmand2(m): 10:43am On Apr 22
pocohantas

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by maureensylvia(f): 10:47am On Apr 22
Men, break the habit of diminishing women with derogatory labels!

Referring to an unmarried woman as an 'evening newspaper' is not only outdated but also dehumanizing.

It reduces a person's worth to their marital status, implying they're 'stale' or 'less desirable' if not yet married.

Celebrate women's autonomy, choices, and individuality! Every person deserves respect, regardless of their relationship status.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by toujurs: 10:47am On Apr 22
80% of women in Nigeria, these days are in it for survival, and benefits.

It's always about, what does the man have to give to her.

This is why, you see women throwing themselves at men, who are well financially stable, i do see how these big boys, bang and fling women.

And women of this generation don't, care because of that desperation to get married to a big boy.

Which, these broke girls, don't meet until they realize at the age of 32/33 that time isn't on their side.

Oga, it's valid to call a lady, an evening newspaper. Because tell me, how productive can a lady in her mid thirties be in marriage,

This is why men in their mid thirties go for girls in their early twenties.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by AutoConsult: 10:47am On Apr 22
Men age like wine. Don't go there pal!

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by monex(m): 10:48am On Apr 22
pocohantas:

this girl lol

Well said. People make assumptions that everone wants marriage or that they want marriage at this point in their lives.

Evening newspaper is as derogatory as they come as it doesnt even conote "old" but rather "expired'.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Ekaette1621990: 10:48am On Apr 22
AlphaHakimi:
The term evening Newspaper is used to describe a woman who has passed her reproductive prime. Most people know that Newspapers are sold in the morning when the news is still fresh/recent and hence any news you are hearing of in the evening is usually stale and has little to no value.

That being said, we should agree that there are certain stages in life that ensures things are done properly (Although this is not a rule).

It is usually difficult/impossible to find a 30 year old man/woman as a pupil in primary school because he/ she has passed the age to still ve in school.

The example above shows why older unmarried woman are referred to as Evening Newspaper. We all agree that a woman is mostly fertile between the ages of 18-35yrs ( Although some women can still give birth much later in life).

This is why men usually prefer younger women and they refer to older unmarried women as evening newspapers because they have little or no reproductive value when compared to younger women.

Although the paradox of life and death does not work in the theory of first come - first serve, it is important you do things in life at a time nature has made perfect(This does not mean it may not work out at other times though).

So a single lady should try to vet the man she wants to marry on his character and not on his finance.

Marry at "natures best time", raise your children on time to avoid being offended when society refer to you as Evening Newspaper.

If you read this with an open mind devoid of sentiment, you will know I'm telling the truth. I'm always on the side of truth.

Shalom

You are correct.

EVENING NEWSPAPER WILL STILL BE EVENING NEWSPAPER NO MATTER HOW YOU CALL IT.

Shalom

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:49am On Apr 22
Sapasenator:

Does that justify the derogatory term " evening newspaper" being to refer to single ladies. It's kind of condescending and I call on Seun to add this offensive term on the list of on Nairaland.
you're a useless simp

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by superCleanworks(m): 10:50am On Apr 22
pocohantas:

i slightly disagree.
80% of the guys who use such a remark are CHILDREN who come online to say trash while their mother is thinking of how to feed them.

15% of them are ignorant of the full weight of that phrase. They have unmarried sisters too and the phrase points back at them.

The remaining 5% are just bitter souls who derive joy in saying things that they feel would hurt others. They are broken souls and can only dish out what they have inside, bitterness.

The best answer to this shallow remark is to ask the buffoon to UPLOAD THEIR OWN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE AND MARRIAGE PICTURES , then watch how they start to fumble.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by ford101: 10:50am On Apr 22
grin I swear men are like fine wine that get better with age.i swear.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:50am On Apr 22
Twoclans:
Evening newspaper is a derogatory word common in nairaland.I am not so sure I have heard that word used on anyone outside nairaland.This might be because I am not active anywhere else.

The world will not come to your beck and call if you make the worst mistake a human being can make in life which is choosing a wrong and incompatible partner for marriage.That is when you would know that been called an evening newspaper is sexy.

Ageing is not gender specific, everybody ages regardless of gender.Pray tell is a man's erection at 40 years the same as 20 years?We all know the answer to that question but let's pretend it's only women that has their biological clock going down.

keep quiet.
Go and marry you're not getting younger.
Evening newspapergrin

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by NaijaCover(m): 10:51am On Apr 22
Hmmmmmm
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by tosyne2much(m): 10:52am On Apr 22
What a funny title cheesy
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by yewit37486: 10:53am On Apr 22
mekleelex200:
Another stupid post for Monday morning. The owner of the post and who pushed it to front page is full of sh*t upstairs.

hahahaha. I feel your vex. Of all topics on a MONDAY morning.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Danielnicks: 10:53am On Apr 22
Twoclans:

I am a sexually experienced woman, I hope you know that a wild ,hard and sustainable erection in a twenty year old adult male does not equal to satisfaction for a woman.

This statement a flawed statement. Infact for someone who claims to be sexually experienced, it a very myopic statement. First of all, you can't ever generalise the boxes that have to be ticked to sexually satisfy a woman. Different things stokes different people. I know a lady who orgasms mainly with the suckling of her nipples, I know another who orgasms when her clit is sensually titillated, and I know another lady who achieves climax through continuous hard pounding erectile thrusts. So saying a hard, wild and sustainable erection doesn't equate climax is totally wrong. It's only correct when you say it's not true for most cases. Lastly, I put it to you, most women respond to hard, fast, sustainable erectile sex. I can say this confidently because I am a guy, I definitely have had more sexually encounters with women than you have. Thank you.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:53am On Apr 22
We4all:

Menopause is not a disease and using it to insult women is shallow. Florence Ita Giwa is over 80 and still getting hit by men. So, rest.
is she getting hit by your father?
Keep talking nonsense.
Ode

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by FireUpNow(m): 10:53am On Apr 22
Sapasenator:
Ok guys, listen let's trash this important topic and very popular phrase used very frequently on Nairaland by the guys.

In recent times I have always come across the term "evening newspaper", being used to refer to some certain individuals oftentimes the female folks on this honourable site.

Men can NEVER be old or evening news paper. They can decide to marry at any age and still be fertile but for women it's a very big no. So women or ladies are OLD /EVENING NEWSPAPERS.

The only mouth Nairaland ladies have is to call guys broke guys. A broke guy can also make money at old age but can an old woman give birth?

The term is often used in a derogatory term to refer to ladies of a certain age group who are yet to marry.

I must confess that I find this term to be amusing and often wonder at the origin considering the fact that I am an avid reader of newspapers expecially the evening variety.

Now due to the present economic impasse in the country, we find that lots of the menfolk who are still single and yet to marry, in particular older males in their late thirties, early to mid- forties.

Can we refer to these categories of males as "evening newspapers" too.

I personally think if a man is not married at 35, he should be classified as an evening newspaper or what do you guys think.

For me, I would prefer the term not to be used at all as it is derogatory but if you insist on using them, I would say men could be evening newspapers too.

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by maureensylvia(f): 10:54am On Apr 22
Stop calling women Evening Newspaper ❗️

Stop calling women Evening Newspaper ‼️

You’ll have a daughter someday

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by Twoclans(f): 10:54am On Apr 22
GrandFinale2021:
keep quiet.
Evening newspapergrin

Abeg leave me joor . grin
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by superCleanworks(m): 10:54am On Apr 22
GrandFinale2021:
keep quiet.
Evening newspapergrin

upload your marriage certificate let us see.
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:55am On Apr 22
FatherScamMas:
just simply mention Pocohantas
how far?
Where is Bamidele won't he come and contribute to the thread or he will las las litter this thread with account details grin
Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by GrandFinale2021(m): 10:56am On Apr 22
superCleanworks:

upload your marriage certificate let us see.
that's because I'm a man abi you didn't read the OP properly before quoting me?
I can get married anytime even at 60 and better still marry your young daughter, go ask Ned Nwoko how far

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by zagorakis(m): 10:56am On Apr 22
Sapasenator:

I would say I totally agree with you. The lady is better off single than being shackled in a wrong marriage. The Nigerian society is not even helping with incessant pressures into marriages as if marriage is a big achievement, expecially on the females.

There is no reason on earth why a lady should be mocked or referred to in the pejorative sense of an " evening newspaper" simply because she is yet to marry.

We need to change and do better as men.

There is nothing wrong in referring to an unmarried aged woman as an evening newspaper as long as she "is" or "was" once Comfortable to broke shame a struggling guy.

We are at our best as men. Thank you

Re: Who is an evening newspaper? by yemclef(m): 10:57am On Apr 22
It is condemnable to tag our ladies with such a derogatory phrase because they are not married. Some people are myopic in thinking, and they forget easily that everything in this sinful is time. Nobody deserves to be mocked because the person has not achieved what society wants to see. It is better to be patient than to make the wrong move to marriage. Marriage is not a bed of rosy but with difficulties. It is here in Africa that humans mock fellow humans who have been barren as if they are God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Addictions,what About It And How To Deal With Them / Is John Cena Really Dead(pics) / Man Returns N80,000 Lost By A Lady In Katsina (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62