Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount (37542 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / EFCC Detains 3 Fake Nigerian Oil Suppliers For Defrauding Ghanaian Of N20m (pics / Man Jailed For 77 Years For Posing As A ‘spirit’ To Defraud Man Of N20m (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ppogba: 3:07pm On Apr 18
fxexperts:
Bob was not granted bail, as a matter of fact he was a foolish confused fellow who was misguided.

Bobrisky WAS GRANTED ADMINISTRATIVE BAIL.

Google has not shut down.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by dydx2020(m): 3:14pm On Apr 18
You mean Police will refund your money after releasing an offender on bail. I don't think so.... not in Nigeria.

hardbody:

The same principle applies even when it is administrative bail, but you will bring small something for the pen and papers used in writing statement , etc
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Love800(m): 3:28pm On Apr 18
Wait o!
Are u saying dat the guy is not correct?
What are ur reasons?
Pls, am not mocking you. Just want to know the truth.
Billmos:
jUeLiZ :WHAT IT MEANS WHEN THE COURT GRANTS BAIL IN THE SUM OF 20M, 50M, 30, 000 OR ANY OTHER AMOUNT.

You see generally bail is a contract/agreement between a defendant (commonly called an accused person) and the court that the defendant will have a temporary liberty (right to move freely) pending his trial and shall appear in court throughout the trial. The agreement is normally in written form and is called a “bail bond”

The bail bond normally stipulates that the defendant cannot be released until he brings a surety (someone who will assure the court that the defendant would always be in court). The terms may also include a requirement that the surety must be someone who has money worth certain amount, example 50M. THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT MEAN that the defendant SHALL pay the 50M as a condition for his release. No! What it means is that if the defendant jumps bail (fails to appear in court when required and as agreed upon in the bail bond without cogent reason), his surety shall forfeit the money. But if he appears in court all the time, the money remains his own.

By reason of the foregoing, whenever you hear that someone had been granted 10M bail, know that what the court means is that anyone who is to stand as a surety to the defendant must afford 10M and shall forfeit the 10M Naira if the defendant jumps bail. Simple!

- O. G. Chukka

Correct is like u get bsc in law bro??
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ashas50(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18
Yinmu, let watch and see....you wey get unflat brain...uote author=jibrilELsudan post=129493961]CUBANA CHIEF PRIEST JUST PROVED THAT INDEED HE IS A CONFAM ODE

THE MUMU BOY IS BOASTING AND JUBILATING LIKE HE WAS AQUITTED BECAUSE HE BELIEVES IN HIS FLAT BRAIN THAT HE WAS AQUITTED

HE EVEN TAUNTED AND BOASTED TO EFCC THAT HE IS BIGGER THAN THEM AND THEY CAN DO HIM NOTHING

BY THE TIME THEY FINISH WITH HIM HE WOULD HAVE WISHED HE PLEADED GUILTY AND WENT TO JAIL FOR 6 MONTHS

HE IS GOING TO STAND TRIAL AS EARLY AS NEXT WEEK OR NEXT AND FOR THIS SHOW OF ARROGANCE FROM HIM HE WILL RECEIVE THE MAXIMUM SENTENCE

IMAGINE COMING OUT OF COURT AND BRAGGING

HOW MUCH HE THINK SEY HE GET SEF

IN HIS FLAT BRAIN HE BELIEVES HE IS BIGGER AND HAS MORE MONEY AND INFLUENCE THAN ALL THE BIG MEN AND POLITICIANS THAT THE EFCC HAS SENT TO JAIL

HE WILL LEARN THE HARD LESSON WHEN HE GOES ON TRAIL AND HIS NYASH WILL BE OPEN

HE WILL HAVE TO PROVE AND DEFEND HIS SOURCE OF WEALTH IN COURT
[/quote]
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by ashas50(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18
Why Bob was not granted Bail ? Despite he was first offender ? Abi him no get money to pay ? quote author=Reality3080 post=129494023]God bless u op

I don explain tire to some ignorant folks here, they just keep shouting money stop nonsense

They don’t even know d meaning of bail bond[/quote]
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by WhereMyLoud: 3:39pm On Apr 18
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

Granting someone bail at any amount simply means that the person who will stand as surety to the accused must be ready to pay that amount when the accused runs away before the conclusion of the case, meaning the surety is not even paying any money before the release of the accused...even cubana doesn't know the meaning of bail, hence he wouldn't have posted that "money na water "...no one paid any money...it is simply a condition should the accused runs away

I bet 99.9 % of nairalanders do not know this
I join those that didn't know bout it oh.. Thanks
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Greatzeus(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18
greenermodels:
you're 100% right,I don't know the purpose of starting this thread and posting it immediately to the homepage,I guess the government wants to run disinformation campaign over this Cubana chief priest bail.
Government again? Like government officials wrote this topic,posted it on nairaland,and was pushed to front page?
This innocent post that has enlightened many here? Can't you people see politics is driving you nuts? Most of you are developing mental illness and delusion grandeur on this forum. Even for a seemingly " educated" person like you,what a shame.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by fxexperts: 3:56pm On Apr 18
jibrilELsudan:

YOU ARE REALLY VERY STUPID SHA

DO YOU KNOW IN THAT FLAT HEAD OF YOURS THAT IT'S A GREAT CRIME FOR HIM TO SAY THAT IT WAS DUMMY NOTES?

THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS HE HAS ADMITTED TO COUNTERFEITING THE NAIRA NOTE
It is really not a wise idea to engage in an educative arguments with dull folks like you. Ode you do not have sense. if it a great crime why do they splash and even burn dollar note in those american movies and have you ever heard the FBI parading any movie producer for destroying their dollar, you know why because they are dummy dollar note. what do you know about counterfeiting of naira notes. counterfeiting notes is a crime only when you use it for legal transaction and if CP claims that they destroyed all the notes he sprayed after party what evidence do you and your dumb EFCC has to say otherwise. people like you are so dumb to have a discussion with. go back to the rat hole you came from.

for your info dumb head. see the definition of counterfeit below.
Counterfeit
To counterfeit means to imitate something authentic, with the intent to steal, destroy, or replace the original, for use in illegal transactions, or otherwise to deceive individuals into believing that the fake is of equal or greater value than the real thing. Wikipedia.

I hope after that you thick skull will learn.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by samegold(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18
Nice
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

Granting someone bail at any amount simply means that the person who will stand as surety to the accused must be ready to pay that amount when the accused runs away before the conclusion of the case, meaning the surety is not even paying any money before the release of the accused...even cubana doesn't know the meaning of bail, hence he wouldn't have posted that "money na water "...no one paid any money...it is simply a condition should the accused runs away

Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Billmos: 8:09pm On Apr 18
Love800:Wait o!
What are ur reasons?

He is correct
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by hardbody: 10:01am On Apr 19
Kelklein:

You are confusing surety in like sum with bail money..

Bail could be in three forms: Monetary,
just Surety in like sum; or Both

This is why most stringent bail conditions are difficult to meet esp the both.

Boss abeg which one is Bail money again? The conditions are stringent when the surety cannot show proof of ability to meet with the conditions, eg, N100m (Do you have that in any bank account), Land in Abuja (Do you have that)? Civil servant of Grade Level 14 and above (Is such a person available and willing to stand surety)

There is nothing called and known as Bail money. While Police may seek a greasing of the palm, that money is not legit which is why they boldly inscribe, BAIL IS FREE in all their stations.
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Love800(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19
Okay.
Billmos:
Love800:Wait o!
What are ur reasons?

He is correct
Re: What It Means When The Court Grants Bail In The Sum Of N20m Or Any Other Amount by Monday60655(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19
Available9:
Please educate them

Let me add my voice

You wicked oh! Anyway, I'm among the 0.1% because I have stood as a surety for someone before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fake Lawyer, Azeez Agboola, Arrested In Ogun Court (Photo) / Sister Accidently Shoots Brother Dead While Posing With Gun For Facebook Photo / US Jails Nigerian Man For $1m Wire Fraud (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.