Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) (36951 Views)

Akwa Ibom Ring Road 3 (10lanes) By 5star Hotel Completed …. Photos / New Ebonyi State Government House Set To Be Completed (Photos) / 7 Years After, When Will Ijoko Flyover Be Completed? - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by udomonday: 9:35pm On Apr 17
Risingblue008:
Road dt will soon be abandon
No be say i dey wish the country bad
But na wetin go definitely happen
how is it going to be abandoned?or have you forgotten that tinubu has 8years to actualize all his dreams for this country,and his minister for works is the real deal.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by correctguy101(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17
DeepSight:

What did you just write ? ? ? ? ?

grin

E say Nigeria no go dey see light again? grin

Lwkmd..

Nairalanders sure are crazy..
I can sleep now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Indifferent12: 9:43pm On Apr 17
Eteka1:
I don't think this is the road in question. We were told that there will be an allowance for a railroad in the middle.
What I heard was a five lane road with railway on both side
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by REDshouse(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17
Nursepepeye:
you and who is we?
me and every well meaning Nigerian
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Metrofox(m): 2:00am On Apr 18
nams77:
What are you saying bro. Will the highway exist in space? Won't it pass through dwelling places and villages?
I just hope there are pedestrian sidewalk

Highways are not designed to pass through cities anywhere in the world, pick up a book and read
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by CluelessMODS: 2:41am On Apr 18
EmiloCorn:
Yes this is awesome pace. cool my oga is working 💪

1 kilometre under a space of a year is very good. In 4 years we can do 4 kilometres cheesy it is important for everybody to applaud him.

1 year in office is not easy
Enemy of progress!

2 Likes

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by kunle4toyeyaho: 2:48am On Apr 18
rinzaugustine:
Believe anything coming out from Agbado at your own risk
M* U*M*U

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Tareq1105: 7:13am On Apr 18
EmiloCorn:
Yes this is awesome pace. cool my oga is working 💪

1 kilometre under a space of a year is very good. In 4 years we can do 4 kilometres cheesy it is important for everybody to applaud him.

1 year in office is not easy

You must be a comedian.

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Offpoint1: 7:13am On Apr 18
REDshouse:
Wao so fast .... Tinubu what we are after is quick quality delivery, we are not after who u decide to give the Job... You can as well give it to your side chick or your family we no care.. all we care is quick quality deliveries on every job awarded
Sorry we care who he give it to... We rather have a delay QUALITY and DURABLE that save us few penny... Than Have it completed in a year by a quacky side chick company at a neck-cutting cost.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Offpoint1: 7:17am On Apr 18
jcflex:
All this without a pedestrian walkway, in this modern day
😂 They are in haste to prove a point, most things won't be put into consideration... I'm not even seeing any reasonable drainage system in the picture
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Offpoint1: 7:23am On Apr 18
Metrofox:

Pedestrians are not meant to use the highway, criticize objectively. Some of you guys just expose your low quality education easily
Dude the part that's connected within a city needs a Pedestrian walkway, you can't have a road in a city without a pedestrian walkway. It's better to prevent a future disaster, than react to it later.

Let the part that pass through any city have a pedestrian walkway.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by nams77: 8:37am On Apr 18
Metrofox:

Highways are not designed to pass through cities anywhere in the world, pick up a book and read
On Monday, I travelled from Abuja to Itakpe in kogi state. That road qualifies to be a highway ( I'm sure you will agree). I can't count the number of settlements I saw along the highway and in one case, I saw a market. I saw several persons walking by the side of the same highway.
Even while I was on the train from Itakpe to Warri on the second leg of my journey, I saw a few instances of settlement not too far from the train track. Maybe you should open your eyes next time when you travel. I can bet you will see a few settlement on the road. And next time, don't be too carried away by text book knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:01am On Apr 18
adamusuleiman1:

Make una shoe us drone footage na
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Ykc2(m): 9:34am On Apr 18
REDshouse:
Wao so fast .... Tinubu what we are after is quick quality delivery, we are not after who u decide to give the Job... You can as well give it to your side chick or your family we no care.. all we care is quick quality deliveries on every job awarded
the same slogan you people were shouting for 8 years with buhari ,buhari can appoint whom ever he want buhari decided to appoint only fulani people and they loot nigeria dry ,now your shouting tinubu can appoint his side chick? ok oh
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by zoomzoom(m): 10:22am On Apr 18
[quote author=EmiloCorn post=129488567]Yes this is awesome pace. cool my oga is working 💪

1 year in office is not easy.

SARCASM is a crime against humanity 😂🤣😜.

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Ramirezkhay(m): 11:31am On Apr 18
cheesy

Na whining na!

Since you know say wetin he Dy talk no right, you suppose tell him but you keep pulling the guy leg

grin
Paraman:
I'm not whining him. There's a road beside this road and it only leads into Eko Atlantic City. Where HITECH built this new road was a swamp
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by BolaAThubv(m): 11:51am On Apr 18
Helpfromabove1:
If truly this is the road then the pace is commendable but certainly you can check the quality through pictures

Let hope they will do the right things because the project is quite expensive
The road spans as long as 700km. At your 'commendable' pace of 1km in 3 months, guess when the project will be finished? In the year 2199, approximately 175 years from now.

Sometimes when you paid trolls come online to exhibit foolishness, I get really scared... Scared for what the future holds for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by lagosrd: 12:17pm On Apr 18
4billion don commot be that ? Haba🤣🤣🤣
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by rinzaugustine: 12:17pm On Apr 18
kunle4toyeyaho:
I be real M* U*M*U
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Konquest: 1:17am On Apr 20
adamusuleiman1:

Coastal Road today.

Hi-tech is already done with about 1km of the road pavement with street lights installed on both sides and at the median.

The rail line will begin at Jakande

That's impressive so far.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by Konquest: 1:24am On Apr 20
DaniellaDokubo:
If they are going to complete this in 8years or the remaining 7years (if at all) then they should be doing up to 9-km monthly!
Indeed.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 1:21am On Apr 30
jcflex:
All this without a pedestrian walkway, in this modern day

Smile....I'm sure they will create walkway for pedestrians to make it a super fast highway to Calabar heaven. "I hope they make your wish come through as well."
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 1:59am On Apr 30
DaniellaDokubo:
If they are going to complete this in 8years or the remaining 7years (if at all) then they should be doing up to 9-km monthly!

Construction projects as well as several other projects cannot always be calculated using "Linear Ratio Projection".

I'm sure a proper Gantt Chart would have been developed for the project before starting.

I remember starting to put pen on paper writing a 5000words project in college just in the last 5days of the submission date despite having a month and half for the project.

Once planning is right, resources are available and the collective will is there, momentum will naturally push the pace. Some sections will be slow and some will be fast..... It's very typical in construction work.
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by DaniellaDokubo(f): 9:56am On Apr 30
CaptainFM1:

Construction projects as well as several other projects cannot always be calculated using "Linear Ratio Projection".

I'm sure a proper Gantt Chart would have been developed for the project before starting.

I remember starting to put pen on paper writing a 5000words project in college just in the last 5days of the submission date despite having a month and half for the project.

Once planning is right, resources are available and the collective will is there, momentum will naturally push the pace. Some sections will be slow and some will be fast..... It's very typical in construction work.

So...?
Re: Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) by CaptainFM1: 10:05am On Apr 30
DaniellaDokubo:

So...?

So, in construction it's not unusual for the first few KM to take 6months or even a year while the subsequent several/chunk of KM that follows take just 1month.

The above is just an illustration!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deziani Madueke's Achievements As Petroleum Minister. / 2019: Nine Governors To Leave APC - NewTelegraphOnline / The Moment Fayemi Bowed Out Of Buhari's Cabinet (photos)

Viewing this topic: autofreak2020(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.