Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex (24764 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / Married And Clubbing / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by LoveUdie: 10:53pm On Apr 17
Married people should avoid intimate friendship with the opposite sex! You read that right, close friendship with the opposite sex should be completely ruled out. Why? It's trickish. Things sometimes get out of hand, emotions explode and stories that touch the heart go viral. Heart shocking stories of celebrities, popular men of God, General Overseers, teachers, bosses, colleagues at work and social media friends often litter the places.

There is a thin line between platonic relationship and emotional entanglement. You don't plan affair, it just happens when rules are ignored, boundaries are over stepped and people start doing things they shouldn't be doing to their opposite sex friends for whatever reason under heaven!

How did the friendship start in the first place? Admiration, respect, preference and likeness. You like something about them, you prefer them, you think about them then make them your friend. You talk to each other, you emphasize the likes, something clicks in your heart and bonds you, you enjoy talking to them because they like you and give you attention.

You plan to meet them one on one, you loosen your guide. You don't mind if they hold your hands or hug you, you begin to hold hands and hug frequently, then regularly then you progressed, he strokes your hair because he likes it, you smiled, no big deal because you are "just" friends. He likes your face, then lips and he gave you a peck. His aim was really the lips but he decided to take things slow, next time it will be the lips and then, you are rolling in sheets totally engulfed in the fire of adultery!

You can't handle close friendship with the opposite sex! I don't know why we are so proud and stubborn in this part of the world, we hate correction. Anytime I speak against close opposite sex friendship in marriage, some naive people keep telling me they can handle it, no big deal until they lose their senses and their spouse boot them out of their lives.

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by immortalcrown(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17
I agree with you.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 12:20am On Apr 18
This only affects useless olosho girls with multiple BODYCOUNT before marriage the most.
Most guys knows how to set boundaries if they really love and respect their wife.

In this generation, IT'S EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO MARRY A NON-VIRGIN.

Most of these girls have dated numerous and different types of guys, including married men before marriage, THEY HAVE CHEATED IN ALMOST ALL THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, How do you think such girl will be loyal to one man in marriage?
YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED MARRIED MEN FREELY WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?
The craziest thing with these types of witches and unfortunate human.beings is that, they are the ones that hate cheating the most and can kill their partner for cheating.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Fiscus105(m): 4:09am On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:
This only affect useless olosho girls with multiple BODYCOUNT before marriage the most.
Most guys knows know to set boundaries if they really love and respect thier wife.

Most of these girls have dated numerous and different types of guys, including married men before marriage, THEY HAVE CHEATED IN ALMOST ALL THEIR RELATIONSHIPS, How do you think such girl will be loyal to one man in marriage?
YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED A MARRIED MAN WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?

Must you marry?

Are you virgin urself?

Are you not too aggressive for someone to leave the rest of her life with?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by dkidd: 4:14am On Apr 18
The insecurity crew who like to disguise and fvck different dicks will soon come here and spew trash as usual

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Ibaaboy(m): 4:36am On Apr 18
hmmmm
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Musty112: 5:37am On Apr 18
The disrespect and insult to the spouse no be here

3 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by shaybebaby(f): 5:41am On Apr 18
LoveUdie:

Married people should avoid intimate friendship with the opposite sex! You read that right, close friendship with the opposite sex should be completely ruled out. Why? It's trickish. Things sometimes get out of hand, emotions explode and stories that touch the heart go viral. Heart shocking stories of celebrities, popular men of God, General Overseers, teachers, bosses, colleagues at work and social media friends often litter the places.

There is a thin line between platonic relationship and emotional entanglement. You don't plan affair, it just happens when rules are ignored, boundaries are over stepped and people start doing things they shouldn't be doing to their opposite sex friends for whatever reason under heaven!

How did the friendship start in the first place? Admiration, respect, preference and likeness. You like something about them, you prefer them, you think about them then make them your friend. You talk to each other, you emphasize the likes, something clicks in your heart and bonds you, you enjoy talking to them because they like you and give you attention.

You plan to meet them one on one, you loosen your guide. You don't mind if they hold your hands or hug you, you begin to hold hands and hug frequently, then regularly then you progressed, he strokes your hair because he likes it, you smiled, no big deal because you are "just" friends. He likes your face, then lips and he gave you a peck. His aim was really the lips but he decided to take things slow, next time it will be the lips and then, you are rolling in sheets totally engulfed in the fire of adultery!

You can't handle close friendship with the opposite sex! I don't know why we are so proud and stubborn in this part of the world, we hate correction. Anytime I speak against close opposite sex friendship in marriage, some naive people keep telling me they can handle it, no big deal until they lose their senses and their spouse boot them out of their lives.

Mind the business that pays you.
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by DyingFetus: 7:43am On Apr 18
How does this affect the cost of beans and rice??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Adonko(m): 8:25am On Apr 18
Your write up is on point though...I have often said the goat and the yam can't live together..the cat and fry fish can't be friends..the issue is we lie to ourselves alot.

Married individuals and single individuals relationships most times ends in sex..you will notice a married woman/man saying that single girl/boy is his best friend...na sex dey end am.

There is a law of magnetism in physics..that says " like poles attract unlike repel".. As a man there is something that attracts you to a babe that tickles your fancy weather you are married or single is nature ..same for babe's too..we are just applying RATIONALITY AND DISCIPLINE otherwise we are not different from animals even though we are ones grin

12 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 10:37am On Apr 18
Fiscus105:

Must you marry?

Are you virgin urself?

Are you not too aggressive for someone to leave the rest of her life with?
You seem very daft to be asking me if I'm a virgin?
So I'm supposed to be a virgin before I can marry a virgin? grin
So if a man likes a yellow, tall, slim and beautiful girl, he too must be yellow, tall, slim and beautiful?
Or if a girl only likes, tall, rich, and dark skinned men, she too must be tall, rich and dark skinned?

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Yadid(m): 11:22am On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:
This only affects useless olosho girls with multiple BODYCOUNT before marriage the most.
Most guys knows know to set boundaries if they really love and respect thier wife.

YOU THINK A GIRL THAT HAS NO RESPECT FOR ANOTHER PERSON'S MARRIAGE AND DATED A MARRIED MAN WILL HAVE RESPECT FOR HER OWN MARRIAGE?

So,virginity guarantees faithfulness in marriage huh? There are no cases of virgins who later cheated in marriage? This kind of thinking is very flawed. Virginity does not guarantee fidelity or character.

9 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by TVTM2023: 11:54am On Apr 18
Are you having any experience about this my brother,you seem so bitter and pained!!!
Well we in the last days,one must just be careful because we may not be in other people's shoes!!
But one thing we cannot escape from in this life is bitter experiences.
Wether we are right or wrong ,bitterness is a reality!!
It all has to do with WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO A PERSON AND WHAT THE PERSON DID WITH WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THEM.
There is a bitterness that leads to repentance and guilt that leads to a place of repentance!
Once we get there things become ok!
But if we allow bitterness to lead to complaining and grumbling than seeking God for healing ,we will just be having these outbursts about what happened some times or not!
I tell you no one is innocent in this life oo,bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people .
However,bitterness is a reality

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MuslimIgbo: 12:06pm On Apr 18
Yadid:

So,virginity guarantees faithfulness in marriage huh? There are no cases of virgins who later cheated in marriage? This kind of thinking is very flawed. Virginity does not guarantee fidelity or character.
Most of you just lack wisdom and common sense.
What guarantees anything in this life?
The point we're just trying to make is that, people's past matters a lot and it tells a lot about their personality.
As dull as you are now, you will never employ a male sex offender or rapist as a nanny for your female child or to babysit? You wouldn't say it doesn't matter even if the person tells you that he has repented.
Virginity doesn't not guarantee that your partner will be forever loyal, at least those oloshos were once virgins.
The only guarantee you have with virgins is that, they have less tendency to be misbehaving in terms of cheating or 4k around unlike those oloshos with +2 BODYCOUNT.
It takes a lot be a virgin in this generation, especially if one is mature and good looking, so for someone to have kept their virginity, that person must have some good level of dignity and morals.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by NPFLADMIN(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18
Thank God you mentioned people meaning the two genders.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Yadid(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18
MuslimIgbo:

Most of you just lack wisdom and common sense.
What guarantees anything in this life?
The point we're just trying to make is that, people's past matters a lot and it tell a lot about their personality.
As dull as you are now, you will never employ a male sex offender or rapist as a nanny for your female child or babysitter. You wouldn't say it doesn't matter even if the person tells you that he has repented.
Virginity doesn't not guarantee that your partner will be forever loyal, at least those oloshos were ones virgins.
The only guarantee you have with virgins is that, they have less tendency to misbehaving or 4king around like those oloshos with +2 BODYCOUNT.
It takes a lot be a virgin in this generation, especially if one is mature and good looking, so for someone to have kept their virginity, that person must have some good level of dignity and morals

It is better to say so little to show that you know so much, rather than say so much to show that you know so little. Are you always this grumpy and disgruntled? You can't have a conversation without insults? Did I insult you in anyway in my submission? My bad! I assumed that people are often rational, forgetting that there always exceptions. "Wise" man with "common sense", may you find peace sir.

12 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by enemyofprogress: 4:57pm On Apr 18
Another useless thread from a so called selfish Saint.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by GanagiBitrus: 4:57pm On Apr 18
Most adults know what is Right & what is Wrong. The challenge is usually the discipline & will power to do that which is right. smiley

15 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by kennyz247(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18
Ok
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18
lipsrsealed
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Randal: 4:58pm On Apr 18
I don't agree
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by SEGLIZ: 4:58pm On Apr 18
what kind of friendship!?
a NO! NO!! NO!!! for me.
tefishy:

Friendship that leads to wole wole
if I hear say, wolé wolé níbo!? I better keep sealed lip.

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Exceed15: 4:58pm On Apr 18
Thanks for sharing
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by emkz: 4:58pm On Apr 18
It's a lie for anyone to say "we are just friends". Some of them hide these friendships from their spouses.

Continue that friendship. One day, that friend would help you ruin your home.

11 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by TheWinterBird(f): 4:59pm On Apr 18
Yep, I'm a big believer that married people should not have friends of the opposite sex. The only exceptions are work colleagues and your family members who are females, or males. I'm always annoyed and irritated when married men try to talk to me, like go chat with your wife, Sir.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Offpoint1: 4:59pm On Apr 18
I've spent a whole 2 weeks with a female friend and we shared same bed in her apartment, no shit happened nor did I have the thoughts. There's a level to friendship you get, sexual thoughts will never occur.

Let's purge our minds, I see the opposite sex as my sisters and not friends... That's the way to get rid of sexual thoughts.

10 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by pretydiva(f): 4:59pm On Apr 18
Well said. Prevention is better than cure

1 Like

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18
undecided
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by EmmyMaestro(m): 5:00pm On Apr 18
All these stories of married women cheating upandan, bride going to knack her ex on the wedding eve and parternity fraud sef, maybe we should propose a law that will allow women to marry more than one husband ( polyandry ) since it looks like these set of women want to be testing different di*ks at the same time, then maybe married women cheating and parternity fraud will reduce.
ABI HOW UNA SEE AM ?

2 Likes

Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by tefishy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 18
SEGLIZ:
what kind of friendship?

Friendship that leads to wole wole
Re: Married And In Friendship With The Opposite Sex by FinanceHub: 5:01pm On Apr 18
Loans, loans and more loans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.