Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest (34335 Views)

Yahaya Bello Whisked Away By Governor Ododo, Says EFCC / New Kogi Governor Ododo Appoints Cabinet Members On First Day In Office / FG Will Not Name, Shame Terrorism Financiers - AGF, Lateef Fagbemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by dre11(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18
The Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi, has faulted Governor Usman Ododo of Kogi State for obstructing the arrest of his predecessor, Yahaya Bello, by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Fagbemi said it’s “insufferably disquieting” for Ododo to obstruct EFCC from arresting Bello.

On Wednesday, operatives of EFCC had stormed Bello’s residence in Abuja in an attempt to arrest him over an ongoing fraud investigation.

But Bello was reportedly smuggled out of his residence by Ododo to evade arrest by the anti-graft agency.

Reacting, Fagbemi said EFCC should not be obstructed from carrying out its lawful duties.

In a statement he personally signed, the AGF said: A situation where public officials who are themselves subject of protection by law enforcement agents will set up a stratagem of obstruction to the civil and commendable efforts of the EFCC to perform its duty is to say the least, insufferably disquieting.

“A flight from the law does not resolve issues at stake but only exacerbates it.

“I state unequivocally that I stand for the rule of law and will promptly call EFCC and indeed any other agency to order when there is indication of any transgression of the fundamental rights of any Nigerian by any of the agencies but I also tenaciously hold the view that institutions of State should be allowed to function effectively and efficiently
.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/18/nigerian-govt-tackles-gov-ododo-for-helping-yahaya-bello-evade-arrest/

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by slivertongue: 2:09pm On Apr 18
criminals run from the law

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Debater(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Peterobi90: 2:13pm On Apr 18
How Kogi keeps getting it wrong is mind boggling..

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Zwooks: 2:14pm On Apr 18
Ododo, that small boy don dey operate like cultist. Na Wike wey mentor the next generation I blame !

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Septagon: 2:19pm On Apr 18
What type of lukewarm response is this?can u try this in civilized climes?fbi wants to arrest someone and a sitting elected official intercedes?when they finish with you,you wud be the one advising others not to interfere henceforth .

Hadley chase available

140 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Max24: 2:37pm On Apr 18
This is executive rascality and sort of juvenile delinquency. He thinks he is a student union president. That's why some feel young people are not ready for leadership. Imagine if this one is appointed the president.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Lamasta(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18
Why can't they arrest all of them together Criminal shielding a higher criminal from prosecution

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by RenaissanceGuy: 4:39pm On Apr 18
My own concern is that, after he's finally arrested and brought to the court, won't the court still offer him a bail, whilst the case drag on for years until everyone forgets about it and it dies off?? After all the gra gra they did about Fayose, it's now more than 3 years and Fayose is cruising up and down.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by keymatt(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18
What do you expect from APC criminals That's how they roll. They're fighting corruption. grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by frog12: 6:59pm On Apr 18
ododo is in trouble grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by magoo10(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18
If the APC government was serious with fighting corruption trillions of naira will be generated from the prosecution of these thieves.

15 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by idanone(m): 6:59pm On Apr 18
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/18/nigerian-govt-tackles-gov-ododo-for-helping-yahaya-bello-evade-arrest/
hmm. Minister of justice peddling injustice.... They all know them selves..... Criminal in the making.
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by thaoriginator: 6:59pm On Apr 18
grin

Arrest em both

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by fkj950ax(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18
They look like brothers or siblings.
So with all the shenanigans and bravado of Bello especially during CVD19 Drama, he is not even a local chicken.
Bunch of clowns messing up the country.

5 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by AOB1: 7:00pm On Apr 18
grin
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18
Septagon:
What type of lukewarm response is this?can u try this in civilized climes?fbi wants to arrest someone and a sitting elected official intercedes?when they finish with you,you wud be the one advising others not to interfere henceforth .

Hadley chase available
This why they called it a ZOO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18
Pls what those your signature means... Have been seeing it for sometime now. The banker thing
RenaissanceGuy:
My own concern is that, after he's finally arrested and brought to the court, won't the court still offer him a bail, whilst the case drag on for years until everyone forgets about it and it dies off??
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by cathodekazim: 7:01pm On Apr 18
Peterobi90:
How Kogi keeps getting it wrong is mind boggling..

They'll keep getting it wrong not until they stopped tribal/turn by turn/na my people politics. My wife is Ebira and each time I keep telling her that Her kinsmen are not governing well, all she kept saying was The igala ruled for several years, that they are only with hunting the Ebira bla bla bla. You see Kogi politics when, he worse pass Obi/Tinubu rivalry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by mu2sa2: 7:01pm On Apr 18
What happened can happen because it did happen.
Na so we see am o.
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Onyedikachi231: 7:01pm On Apr 18
What is that hippocampus blabbing about?

When you guys were setting the precedence, you didn't know some people will still use it against you.

Any agbadorian that quotes me, if you are a muslim, I will yab Mohammad rubbishly, I am saying this because of when I will be reported to mods, I gave this warning on time.

Any agbadorian that is not a muslim, I will yab your papa and mama well well.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Lamasta(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18
A bad precedent from a would be corrupt governor also, birds of the same feather flocks together....

1 Like

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by id4sho(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18
Let's see how Tinubu handle this tongue
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Faposky95: 7:02pm On Apr 18
Criminals run from the Law ...that's what they do... it's left for the Law to catch them.and book them and send them to jail.....Simple

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Honestey: 7:02pm On Apr 18
If he was an ordinary citizen, he would be closer to Bobrisky now than his bedroom

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by sunsweet33: 7:02pm On Apr 18
I thought they said middle-belt people were calm and peaceful…why is Kogi always in one soup or another?

1 Like

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by Oluwazeezu(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18
he knows he is not innocent dats why his running
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by RichDad1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18
No more room for executive rascality. A new sheriff is in town.
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by blueghost(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18
nonesense
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by melodyogonna(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18
I hope the EFCC and police saves this somewhere for when the foolish governor stops being governor
Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by 96ACE: 7:03pm On Apr 18
Oga minister you’re absolutely correct. Dodo abi whatever the Yahaya’s puppy or puppet is shouldn’t use his executive influence to shield a common criminal and a thief. Remember in the streets we burn dodo-plantain stealers, so a thief who stole billions should meet a worse treatment. grin

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Fagbemi Tackles Governor Ododo For Helping Yahaya Bello Evade Arrest by iichidodo: 7:03pm On Apr 18
Insufferably disquieting?...More like, bewildering bemusement.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why APC Sacrificed Governor Bindow In Adamawa / Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims / Nigerian Troops Discover Wreckage Of NAF Jet That Crashed In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.