Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case (32566 Views)

25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / EBSU First Female President Of Law Faculty Dora Dies In Fatal Auto Crash / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by AngelicBeing: 10:42pm On Apr 18
DeJoeee:
I encourage more of this types of questions. Education should be based on current issues in our society not the out dated archaic education.
If our faculties of engineering and sciences will emulate this, we will be solving current issues affecting us instead of cramming textbooks
Gbamsulotely, end of thread grin
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Emperor5(m): 10:56pm On Apr 18
SenatorCharles1:
(i) The above scenario pertains to the area of law known as defamation. Defamation is the act of making false statements about an individual that harm their reputation. In this case, the Pastor made a false statement by calling Mrs. Benson a liar in front of the congregation, which could potentially damage her reputation and credibility as a law graduate.

(ii) To succeed in a court of law in a defamation case, Mrs. Benson would have to prove the following elements:

1. Defamatory Statement: Mrs. Benson must demonstrate that the Pastor's statement calling her a liar was defamatory, meaning it was false and had the potential to harm her reputation.

2. Publication: Mrs. Benson must show that the defamatory statement was communicated to a third party, in this case, the congregation during the Sunday service.

3. Identification: Mrs. Benson needs to establish that the defamatory statement was about her specifically, which is evident as the Pastor addressed her directly during the service.

4. Falsity: Mrs. Benson must prove that the statement made by the Pastor was false. In this case, the university's confirmation that the degree was referred to as a BSc. in Law supports Mrs. Benson's claim.

5. Harm: Mrs. Benson would need to demonstrate that the defamatory statement caused actual harm to her reputation or caused her to suffer damages, such as emotional distress or loss of opportunities.

By establishing these elements, Mrs. Benson could potentially succeed in a defamation lawsuit against the Pastor for making false and damaging statements about her academic qualifications.
Valid point.... Are you a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by rollywise(m): 10:59pm On Apr 18
This na ibori university o.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:02pm On Apr 18
tunjijones:
The pastor's act was terrible for a man of God.

Control your emotions and act like a representative of God here on earth.
Pastors are not representative of God here on. Earth. This is the kind of thinking that makes you people worship these pastors.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Graficient: 11:15pm On Apr 18
Is law a science or an Art profession? This open University be like say na drop outs organise the programs o. No wonder their graduate dey speak like who attend evening school 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by dojnr4real: 11:37pm On Apr 18
Emperor5:

Valid point.... Are you a lawyer
chat gpt
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Amfem: 11:37pm On Apr 18
Pitssbull:
Comedy

Interested. If it's real.
tyontrust@gmail.com

Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 12:06am On Apr 19
Hezzyluv:
I knew this matter will trend for a while. grin

But God picked that woman calls. I heard she has been given a plot of land.
and you believed the lie? Nigerians mumu ooo
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by cardoctor(m): 12:57am On Apr 19
I thought an apology would have been better than all this skuldudgery.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Dancebreaker: 1:41am On Apr 19
pacino26:

Don't be in a rush comrade, NOLLYWOOD will soon drop a banger for it Season 1 and 2 Pastor

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by bewla(m): 3:02am On Apr 19
Hezzyluv:
I knew this matter will trend for a while. grin

But God picked that woman calls. I heard she has been given a plot of land.
Nigerian with funny way of giving

When thousand are here begging to see money for drug and food for nairaland

Some stupid giver give land for what to her
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by clockwisereport: 3:20am On Apr 19
bewla:
Nigerian with funny way of giving

When thousand are here begging to see money for drug and food for nairaland

Some stupid giver give land for what to her
The guy is simply promoting his real estate business. Imagine the number of people that will read the news. Before now,i have never heard the name of the real estate company. They are doing free advert with the woman's story

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Entom(m): 3:51am On Apr 19
(i) The scenario falls under the area of defamation law, specifically slander, as the Pastor made false statements about Mrs. Benson's character, accusing her of lying about her academic credentials.

(ii) To succeed in a defamation case, Mrs. Benson would have to prove the following elements:

1. False Statement: She must demonstrate that the Pastor's statement accusing her of lying about her academic credentials was false.

2. Publication: The false statement must have been communicated to a third party, which in this case, would likely include other members of the congregation who were present during the Sunday service.

3. Harm: Mrs. Benson must show that the false statement caused harm to her reputation. This could include damage to her standing within the church community, emotional distress, or harm to her professional reputation as a law graduate.

4. Fault: Depending on the jurisdiction, Mrs. Benson may need to prove that the Pastor acted with negligence or malice in making the false statement. Malice could be inferred if the Pastor made the statement knowing it was false or with reckless disregard for its truthfulness.

Given that Mrs. Benson's academic credentials were confirmed to be accurate by the university's website, she would likely have a strong case for defamation against the Pastor.

ebidabs:
NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper mimics case of Dunamis Fake Testimony

See Question Four on the paper

Question 4

Mrs. Benson is a member of the He has Arisen Peoples Fellowship. During the Sunday service, Mrs. Benson stepped forward to share her testimony of God's goodness in her life She stated how she struggled to go to school and how despite the temptations, trials and hardships, she had finally bagged a BSc. in Law. When Mrs. Benson finished telling her story, her Pastor asked her if her degree was a BSc In Law or an LL.B Mrs. Benson clarified that it was an LL.B. However, the Pastor called Mrs. Benson a liar, stating that there was no such degree in Nigerian universities as a BSc. in Law and that Mrs. Benson's vocabulary was not fitting for someone who claims so have studied law, adding that testimonies tainted with lies will not be encouraged by the church. It was later confirmed that Mrs. Benson was truly a law graduate and that at the website of the university she attended, the degree was referred to as a BSc. in Law.

(i) As a law student, what area of the law is the above scenario on? 5 marks

(ii) What elements will Mrs. Benson have to prove to succeed in a court of law? 12.5 marks

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Babangidapikin: 4:55am On Apr 19
I bet the next question would be

1 . Does a Governor immunity give him power to obstruct the arrest of his God Father, what can be done to address the issue .
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by aalangel(f): 6:40am On Apr 19
What kind of school is this that can't use punctuations correctly?
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Drbush: 6:52am On Apr 19
Pitssbull:
Comedy

Is your Vocabulary good?
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
please who am i sending the message to.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Owutuotuo(m): 7:29am On Apr 19
Thundafireseun:
This Dunamis pastor will never change

The last time he lied against God and holy spirit by claiming he saw Peter OBI as the next president…

He will never stop...this man is a …Man of flesh,not man of God

Ha?! And you witnessed the lie, or saw a video in that regard?
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Pitssbull: 8:06am On Apr 19
Drbush:
please who am i sending the message to.

moneyvirtual74@gmail.com
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by mechanics(m): 8:07am On Apr 19
Hahahahah
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by bewla(m): 9:34am On Apr 19
clockwisereport:
The guy is simply promoting his real estate business. Imagine the number of people that will read the news. Before now,i have never heard the name of the real estate company. They are doing free advert with the woman's story
Imagine business man
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Emeka71(m): 9:57am On Apr 19
Gbadugbakun:
Folake4u cum and answer. grin
So interesting.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by BIDOO(m): 11:18am On Apr 19
Pitssbull:
Comedy

Is your Vocabulary good?
Send a message to

Please kindly drop your WhatsApp line, very much interested
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Pitssbull: 11:22am On Apr 19
BIDOO:

Please kindly drop your WhatsApp line, very much interested

moneyvirtual74@gmail.com
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by BluntCrazeMan: 11:41am On Apr 19
MMempire:
Catching cruise with someone's bitter experience.
For every experience (good or bad), something must be learnt from it..
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Sermwell(m): 12:01pm On Apr 19
Gbadugbakun:
Folake4u cum and answer. grin
Leave my baby alone grin
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by samcolee(m): 1:33pm On Apr 19
SenatorCharles1:

LL.B stands for Bachelor of Law while BSc stands for Bachelor of Science. Nigerian universities usually awards LL.B to law graduates and not BSc.

Thank you sir I was shocked to hear that she graduated with BSC in law
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Hassanmaye(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19
Hezzyluv:

You see that engineering matter don weak me. I know of person who has BSc in electrical and couldn't connect a point of light undecided
Hahahaha please and please
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by SenatorCharles1: 1:42pm On Apr 19
samcolee:

Thank you sir I was shocked to hear that she graduated with BSC in law

However, if the genuine certificate issued to her from her institution bears BSc and not LL.B, then its completely the institutions fault and not hers. So she's technically correct from any point of view.
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by MomohMrMoore: 2:52pm On Apr 19
NOUN is a shame. No serious employers employ the school graduates. They are no more than secondary school students
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by folake4u(f): 6:51pm On Apr 19
Sermwell:

Leave my baby alone grin

My Chairman Sir.😎
Re: Dunamis Fake Testimony: NDU Law Faculty Exam Paper Mimics Case by Sermwell(m): 10:33pm On Apr 19
folake4u:

My Chairman Sir.😎
grin grin Big Madam!! How's enjoyment?! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland University Of Lagos Student Chat Room / LASU Releases 2009/2010 Merit, Supplementary and Direct Entry Admission List / Universities That Accept Waec And Neco Combination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.