Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin (22266 Views)

Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by amah4game: 8:06am On Apr 19

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by lowkey0147: 8:09am On Apr 19
Benin and their ewedu brothers are C*wards grin

Written By - Ikechi Amadi (proud Igbo from Rivers state).. Ikwerre mka nu..

It's a very short question: Why is benin(kingdom) the most uncertain tribe in the country today; with no substantial evidence of where they came from and who there predecessors or descendants are.

Today, ask the benin people who there descendants are:

(The 1st day) They will claim their descendants are the yorubas.

(Day 2) They will say it's the Isokos

(Day 3) They will say it's the Ijaw

(Day 4) They will say it's the Igbos

(Day 5) They will tell you is the Ikwerres

(Day 6) They will say its the urhobos (after the migration) - Everytime they will tell you that is either they migrated to that place or that they conquered through war.. People with barely 4 local govt in Edo state, is it not funny?..

Presently, they're raising unequivocal issues and doubts among other confused tribe that are willing to dive into their confusion.

Benin people are really confused who they are, where they came from and who were their good or bad neighbours.

Today they claim fathering Yoruba, tomorrow Igalla or Ijaw, next Igbo, Ikwerre or Opobo or Urhobos. They seem to be hopeless in determining who they are.

(And they claimed they once had a kingdom, hmmm).

How can you be a father to communities that are one hundred percent more than you in population, with highly sophisticated different languages, culture, tradition and customs? See the sizes of Yoruba - Benin, Igbo - Benin, Igalla - Benin. It is that of a Squirrel to an Elephant, and you want a sage to believe that the squirrel is the father and founder of the Elephant. So where is the rationale, the similarity, the closeness, etc.

Their various concocted historical tales are like many herbs in a cauldron giving vane remedy to any sickness, what a tragedy. Today some confused deltans and rivers state people like them don't even know their roots too.

Oya, benin people come and speak for yourselves ๐Ÿ˜Š..
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Sermwell(m): 8:10am On Apr 19
Appletek:

Oba of Benin with him 7 tiny local governments inside one state.

Dey play. Hausa go collect 4 local government, leave 3 for am.

Bini is no man's land. grin
Look at this illiterate!! So there are only 7 local government in Edo State? grin grin
Aboki

3 Likes

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Antoeni(m): 8:10am On Apr 19
Na Play Aboki dey play, Ayes & Agbero go take care of Them
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Pitssbull: 8:14am On Apr 19
Una know Benin so? Lolzz dey play.

Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
moneyvirtual74@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Emtol01: 8:14am On Apr 19
I've read some comments all blaming the Hausas, have you all forgotten that the Igbos have Ohaneze Ndigbo in every states they are?
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Appletek: 8:19am On Apr 19
Sermwell:

Look at this illiterate!! So there are only 7 local government in Edo State? grin grin
Aboki

Oba of Benin's area of authority only covers 7 local governments. Read the report again.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Theoarhics: 8:21am On Apr 19
Benin people will never let that happen. I trust them. If the police don't do the needful, the youths will. Kabaka and his boys will never allow them. .

2 Likes

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Zetty177x: 8:21am On Apr 19
They must use police to stop the installation

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Basiljoe: 8:22am On Apr 19
Angelfrost:
Lol... Make all of una dey sleep for Southern Nigeria.

E go be Una like film one day. tongue
If you know, you know.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by JONSYN7154: 8:22am On Apr 19
They wanted to install sadauna of otukpo in benue and the idoma people kicked against it immediately and it never worked nor see the light of the day.

Edo people you guys can do so fiercely.

As I stand with Israel ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ, so I stand with Edo people.

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by nedu666: 8:26am On Apr 19
Xboy1993:
But we have Eze Ndigbo in Adamawa State and other northern states

Igbos did not send them. Person who is eze in adamawa, when he returns to his village, what does he become?

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Nolevel666: 8:35am On Apr 19
DatNaijaGuy:
Why are these people always daring their host?
This will certainly not end well for them.
This is exactly what the jews do.
Thatโ€™s why they are hated everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by sylve11: 8:36am On Apr 19
Trueprophet91:

You lost your place when you started selling your land indiscriminately to these abokis.

Very soon Benin will start receiving the middle belt treatment from Fulanis.
They should continue.
This is just the beginning.

Btw the Oba and his crew cannot stop them from installing their king, their protest is dead on arrival.
They started too late

Eyah! sad cool
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by dequir: 8:48am On Apr 19
nedu666:

Igbos did not send them. Person who is eze in adamawa, when he returns to his village, what does he become?

Eze Ndigbo of Adamawa in Council. That's what he will become.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by ariesbull: 8:50am On Apr 19
Idebaj:
These people power drunk. And they should be aware that such cannot work in Benin kingdom
why would t it work in Benin...Hausa people need person that understands them ,their culture and will lead the
And Oba isn't Hausa
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by ariesbull: 8:50am On Apr 19
dequir:

Eze Ndigbo of Adamawa in Council. That's what he will become.
Igbo no send all these stupid Eze Ndi Igbo outside Igbo land .....

3 Likes

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by chatinent: 8:51am On Apr 19
JONSYN7154:
They wanted to install sadauna of otukpo in benue and the idoma people kicked against it immediately and it never worked nor see the light of the day.

Edo people you guys can do so fiercely.

As I stand with Israel ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ, so I stand with Edo people.

Is Otupko Idoma? I think Idoma are the people that really cares for the state...cos I don't understand the Tiv very well..

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by chatinent: 8:52am On Apr 19
Well, I don't think the office would hold power rather than being a mere chieftaincy.

No need for the fuss.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by ariesbull: 8:52am On Apr 19
Procashtips:
Warning comes just once, if you like listen, if you like, don't listen.

Edo people no dey make noise.
if they can install Pere in Gelegele then this one is simple
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Leo588(m): 8:52am On Apr 19
2Radii:
This hausa get cunning sense.. imagine.

They want to install their king in Benin so that they would have freedom to do and undo, and if they trespass they wont listen to Oba Ewuare anymore but their king.

They will even value their king more than the traditional Benin king , and after 150years, they will be claiming and be miseducationing the naive generation that their papa(the hausas forefathers) and the Binis forefathers jointly brought the great kingdom into existence.

They would even want to be contesting for the governor if care is not taken

Nasarawa State is now the present situation. Most of our traditional title leaders have been reduced to peasant farmers and we no longer remeber what our tradition is no more except power mongers bringing religion into their home, using it a tool for politicking

Yes na, what was those rulers who harboured them in those days thinking??

If I have a city or town or settlement I can never alow a stranger to even hold a position of chieftancy not to tall of having their own king.

I lord over every affairs in my domain and whoever not satisfied should move away..
Not because of me or my immediate children, it's plainly because of the incoming but far away generation who would not have the clear picture of how things panned out then and would not have much evidence and power to undo what I have done..
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by JONSYN7154: 8:53am On Apr 19
chatinent:

Is Otupko Idoma? I think Idoma are the people that really cares for the state...cos I don't understand the Tiv very well..
Otukpo is idoma area and the capital of the entire idoma nation.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Antoeni(m): 8:54am On Apr 19
This is Complete " See Finish "
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Kokomaster69: 8:56am On Apr 19
I have said it countless times, these people have a plan even if it takes hundred years to accomplish. Their cabals knows exactly what they are doing.
If you doubt me, ask Turkey how far for those who understands what I mean

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:06am On Apr 19
Emtol01:
I've read some comments all blaming the Hausas, have you all forgotten that the Igbos have Ohaneze Ndigbo in every states they are?
Igbos bring development, they invest heavily in their host communities and sometimes even settle down permanently and marry there. What investments does a fulani man bring to his host community? Go ahead, tell meโ€ฆ. I am waiting.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by DeepSight(m): 9:06am On Apr 19
DMerciful:
Why is Lamidi Amoda Sangodele no longer talking about restructuring? Was it all pretense?

Thank you for saying the correct name.

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Positivepoint(m): 9:12am On Apr 19

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Dennisochampa: 9:13am On Apr 19
E be like all these aboki never know werin dey happen for Benin....

Make them try am and see....!!!
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by DigitB: 9:13am On Apr 19
They're testing the water with a Hausa Traditional Ruler.

Next will be a Fulani Emir.

Then it is finished.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Nisara777(m): 9:14am On Apr 19
The hausa man always thinks he is wise.
He is trying to install a king in someone's territory and land. If this is allowed, one day,
He will say they are the true settlers of Benin.
They use their kings to grab power from the real owners of the land. This should not be accepted
TouchNfollow:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/04/18/palace-raises-alarm-over-plan-to-install-hausa-traditional-ruler-in-benin/
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Azazyel: 9:20am On Apr 19
These people have started again. They should behave well o cos If Edo people start with them, the outcome won't be pleasant. They wanna turn Edo to Kwara state
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Babathanks(m): 9:24am On Apr 19
tiswell:
***folds arms***

Benin nor be SW
You're comparing 8 local government that Benin have to 6 state that we Yoruba have ?๐Ÿ˜‰. Are you normal

Meanwhile,Oba should as a matter of fact desist from meddling with naija politicians and uphold the reverence which the Benin kingdom commands among the traditional stools in naija.

Oba of Benin is,and remains the only true first class traditional ruler in naija,with a well deep rooted ancestral pedigree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masquerade Seen Dancing Zanku And Gbe Body(video) / Ikeja Royal Families Settle For New Monarch After 9 Years Of An Empty Palace / Your Favourite Yoruba Proverbs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.