Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin (22265 Views)

Meet Princess Taiwo Oyebolo Agbona, The Only Female Ruler In Ondo State / Zamfara Traditional Ruler Flogs Men In Public For Stealing. Photos / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by OVB123: 1:45pm On Apr 19
viodemus:
To be honest, they have a right to do such.

They are not saying they want to rule the whole Benin. Definitely not the igbo sides of Benin.

Let us be rational in our assessment and assumptions.

This is no cause for alarm.

The oba of Benin does not own all of Benin in this day and age, it is the governor that has powers over the combined Lg.

The hausa people have a right to do this ceremony, as it is still a Nigerian community. Every community does not need oba's approval to do a ceremony.
Indomie generation Spotted.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by godofuck231: 2:11pm On Apr 19
See mass murder loading
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Bwilliam(m): 2:54pm On Apr 19
My dearest Benin people,
Late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu say make I help am greet Una "Good morning".

Lol. Una eyes go clear one by one.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by YourKarma: 3:06pm On Apr 19
Xboy1993:

So you are saying that it's permitted for southerners to be bestowed with chieftaincy in the North while northerners should not be given such a privileged?

Easterners, Westerners, Northerners....everyone is free to take a chieftaincy title anywhere. I'm sure you know the reason people are skeptical about this particular case
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Hamilton1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 19
Angelfrost:
Lol... Make all of una dey sleep for Southern Nigeria.

E go be Una like film one day. tongue
This kind nonsense no fit reach my South East, maybe only in South West and South South
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Hamilton1(m): 3:24pm On Apr 19
TOPCRUISE:
They can do that in yoruba land and in igbo land as stipulated in the constitution. But not in Benin. sad
Igbo land you said?? grin
Igbo land is the last place northerners will think of trying there leadership.
If not for igbos, they don overun south since.
South South is easy to conquer
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Trueprophet91: 3:31pm On Apr 19
OVB123:
You are a fool.

Do I look like your dad?

That's if you know him.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Abrahamweb(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19
Coolgent:
Tribal bigots no wonder they are among the most backwards state.
In all the northern states there are Sarkin Yoruba Kano, Sarkin Igbo Sokoto, Sarkin Benin Katsina Etc
It simply mean leader of that tribe in Benin not in anyways competing with the traditional leaders.

For other tribes it's not an issue but hausas are not to be given such opportunity, they'll simply weaponize it when they like.
They'll start creating laws for the whole state to follow and if you don't follow,na violence go follow.
An hausa man can enter church premises and commit,the most he'll get is the beating of his life but try that in the mosque,you go meet your ancestors.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by BALLOSKI: 5:36pm On Apr 19
2Radii:
This hausa get cunning sense.. imagine.

They want to install their king in Benin so that they would have freedom to do and undo, and if they trespass they wont listen to Oba Ewuare anymore but their king.

They will even value their king more than the traditional Benin king , and after 150years, they will be claiming and be miseducationing the naive generation that their papa(the hausas forefathers) and the Binis forefathers jointly brought the great kingdom into existence.

They would even want to be contesting for the governor if care is not taken

Yes na, what was those rulers who harboured them in those days thinking??

If I have a city or town or settlement I can never alow a stranger to even hold a position of chieftancy not to tall of having their own king.

I lord over every affairs in my domain and whoever not satisfied should move away..
Not because of me or my immediate children, it's plainly because of the incoming but far away generation who would not have the clear picture of how things panned out then and would not have much evidence and power to undo what I have done..
But una de get Igwe or Eze nd'igbo in other places of host right?

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by 2Radii: 5:52pm On Apr 19
BALLOSKI:
But una de get Igwe or Eze nd'igbo in other places of host right?
I don't get you....
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by EmiloCorn: 6:52pm On Apr 19
noble2faith:

angry

Point of correction!

Emilocorn

WATCH IT angry

Stop denigrating me or my crew cry
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Groovedaddy: 1:04am On Apr 20
Chief Sam Igbe a dinosaur and a warrior from a different era- glad to know he is still alive. God bless you Sir
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Konquest: 5:18am On Apr 20
TouchNfollow:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2024/04/18/palace-raises-alarm-over-plan-to-install-hausa-traditional-ruler-in-benin/
“It has come to the notice of the Benin Traditional Council (BTC) that an individual claiming to be known as ‘His Royal Highness Alh. Adamu Isah Adamu’ and who describes himself as ‘Sarkin Hausawa’ plans to perform a Turbaning ceremony in which one “Alh. Danjuma Garba Binkola” will be installed as “Garkuwan Hausawa Benin” on Sunday 5th May, 2024 at No. 7 Butcher Street, Off Mission Road, Benin City.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Afolue(m): 6:49am On Apr 20
This is a very good awareness. Must never happen!
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 7:29am On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

Igbos bring development, they invest heavily in their host communities and sometimes even settle down permanently and marry there. What investments does a fulani man bring to his host community? Go ahead, tell me…. I am waiting.

This is how Ndigbo abused Buhari for 8 years on social media and because Ndi Hausa have no presence on the Internet, you had no feedback.

You are trying it with President Tinubu and people of all tribes are rallying around and giving you back wotowoto.

While one shouldn't generalise, the Eze Ndigbo of Ajao estate encompasses what some Ndigbo bring to their host communities, who needs that nonsense.

To answer your question, Ndi Hausa also invest heavily and are always in my experience, very very respectful of their hosts unlike some.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 7:32am On Apr 20
lowkey0147:
Benin and their ewedu brothers are C*wards grin

Written By - Ikechi Amadi (proud Igbo from Rivers state).. Ikwerre mka nu..

It's a very short question: Why is benin(kingdom) the most uncertain tribe in the country today; with no substantial evidence of where they came from and who there predecessors or descendants are.

Today, ask the benin people who there descendants are:

(The 1st day) They will claim their descendants are the yorubas.

(Day 2) They will say it's the Isokos

(Day 3) They will say it's the Ijaw

(Day 4) They will say it's the Igbos

(Day 5) They will tell you is the Ikwerres

(Day 6) They will say its the urhobos (after the migration) - Everytime they will tell you that is either they migrated to that place or that they conquered through war.. People with barely 4 local govt in Edo state, is it not funny?..

Presently, they're raising unequivocal issues and doubts among other confused tribe that are willing to dive into their confusion.

Benin people are really confused who they are, where they came from and who were their good or bad neighbours.

Today they claim fathering Yoruba, tomorrow Igalla or Ijaw, next Igbo, Ikwerre or Opobo or Urhobos. They seem to be hopeless in determining who they are.

(And they claimed they once had a kingdom, hmmm).

How can you be a father to communities that are one hundred percent more than you in population, with highly sophisticated different languages, culture, tradition and customs? See the sizes of Yoruba - Benin, Igbo - Benin, Igalla - Benin. It is that of a Squirrel to an Elephant, and you want a sage to believe that the squirrel is the father and founder of the Elephant. So where is the rationale, the similarity, the closeness, etc.

Their various concocted historical tales are like many herbs in a cauldron giving vane remedy to any sickness, what a tragedy. Today some confused deltans and rivers state people like them don't even know their roots too.

Oya, benin people come and speak for yourselves 😊..

Ẹhn hẹn, ontop how Obv'Ẹdo carry LP and Obidient for head in the last election. No bí see finish be dis.

Obv'Ẹdo, wa ma miọ.

Those that have ears, let them listen.

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 7:34am On Apr 20
Coronavirus1:

The oba should allow them after all he used same parthern many years ago to steal Igodomigodo land and installed himself as oba and refused to recognise ogiemen of Igodomigodo kingdom which is present day Benin city.

Orhiọnbá, what year did all this happen?
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 7:37am On Apr 20
EmmyDJourno:
The South East is always their Waterloo, we mount dey wait them, that’s why they hate Igbos in this country
We are the only ones who don’t share any ethnoreligious connection with the Hausa or Fulani scammers
We in the East are the only ones they can’t come close to and do nonsense
Stand strong Benin, if you need help call on the Igbos we dey for you unlike the Yorubas who have been conquered with Islam, confused ndi eriri eri🤣

You are also the only ones that flock to their land, they beat shege out of you every so often, yet not only do you not leave but more of you continue to go there.

Abeg rest.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 7:50am On Apr 20
Bwilliam:
My dearest Benin people,
Late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu say make I help am greet Una "Good morning".

Lol. Una eyes go clear one by one.

When Biafra invaded Benin City, the soldiers mistreated the natives. Even Ndigbo that have lived in Benin before the war suddenly started growing wings.

Their readiness to report the locals to Biafran patrols, for example a landlord asking for rent mobey, resulted in summary execution.

Google Nowa Omoigui, may ẹ pa continue to rest in peace, to see more examples of how Benin City suffered under illegal Biafran of occupation.

You and Ojukwu can save your silly greeting.

Obv'Edo carried Obidient for head for your fellow tribesman to be President and look at the nonsense you are spewing here.

Like I told some of them then, some Ndigbo would make you seriously regret all this gra gra you are doing for Peter Obi. Here is another example.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:16am On Apr 20
aswani:

This is how Ndigbo abused Buhari for 8 years on social media and because Ndi Hausa have no presence on the Internet, you had no feedback.

You are trying it with President Tinubu and people of all tribes are rallying around and giving you back wotowoto.

While one shouldn't generalise, the Eze Ndigbo of Ajao estate encompasses what some Ndigbo bring to their host communities, who needs that nonsense.

To answer your question, Ndi Hausa also invest heavily and are always in my experience, very very respectful of their hosts unlike some.
Very respectful and yet the Igbos have never spilled blood collectively in the west! Yourbas and fulanis/hausas are always exchanging fatal blows in the west and you talk about ‘respect’? You’re a hypocrite and a cowardly one at that!
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 8:31am On Apr 20
AkpaMgbor:

Very respectful and yet the Igbos have never spilled blood collectively in the west! Yourbas and fulanis/hausas are always exchanging fatal blows in the west and you talk about ‘respect’? You’re a hypocrite and a cowardly one at that!

Quote rightly, if some foolish Ndi Yoruba miscreants want to extort money from Ndi Hausa, they must fight back.

I remember clearly one that happened in Ibadan where the Yorùbá's were arrested and people complained until even the local Yoruba populace clarified that Ndi Hausa were only trying to defend themselves.

Peter Obi won Lagos State and those respectful Ndigbo's went to climb on top of street lights in front of Alausa secretariat to sing the national anthem and taunt people. That is amongst all the other nonsense being said on social media after that particular election victory.

Not all Ndigbo's are disrespectful but don't come here and start pointing fingers at Ndi Hausa wen una own full una bodi.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Ologbo147: 10:10am On Apr 20
Appletek:

Oba of Benin with him 7 tiny local governments inside one state.

Dey play. Hausa go collect 4 local government, leave 3 for am.

Bini is no man's land. grin
Illiterate, those seven local government covers over 55% of the landmass of Edo state called Edo south. It is about 10,700km square and the landmass of Bini speaking communities out of it is about 8653kmsquare. The remaining 2,100km square comprise of Igbanke which is about 170kmsquare. Then Ijaw villages,Ajoki etc.

Now tell me how many states are more than 8653 km square. From my knowledge,

1. Bini’s territory in Edo state is bigger than all the individual state in the south east
2. It is larger than Ekiti state by landmass. Ekiti state is about 6000 km square.
3. It is also about the same size with Osun that is about 9,000km square
4. It is also larger than Akwa Ibom by landmass. Akwa Ibom is not up to 8,000 km square.

So it is in no way tiny

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by EmmyDJourno: 10:16am On Apr 20
aswani:

You are also the only ones that flock to their land, they beat shege out of you every so often, yet not only do you not leave but more of you continue to go there.

Abeg rest.

Aswani the Yoruba coward, go and get Ilorin back before you come and start displaying your traditional cowardice behavior here🤣
A people conquered by foreigners and made slaves by their own; Ndi eririeri😅

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by Ologbo147: 10:19am On Apr 20
2Radii:
This hausa get cunning sense.. imagine.

They want to install their king in Benin so that they would have freedom to do and undo, and if they trespass they wont listen to Oba Ewuare anymore but their king.

They will even value their king more than the traditional Benin king , and after 150years, they will be claiming and be miseducationing the naive generation that their papa(the hausas forefathers) and the Binis forefathers jointly brought the great kingdom into existence.

They would even want to be contesting for the governor if care is not taken

Yes na, what was those rulers who harboured them in those days thinking??

If I have a city or town or settlement I can never alow a stranger to even hold a position of chieftancy not to tall of having their own king.

I lord over every affairs in my domain and whoever not satisfied should move away..
Not because of me or my immediate children, it's plainly because of the incoming but far away generation who would not have the clear picture of how things panned out then and would not have much evidence and power to undo what I have done..
you understand the situation of things at hand . You dissected the issues like a pro
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by EmmyDJourno: 10:24am On Apr 20
aswani:

You are just an educated illiterate, Igbos abused Buhari because we are bold to speak up to tyranny in its face, unlike you Yoruba cowards, Ndi ebim pa wa; all noise zero substance
Tinubu your god is collecting lands from the original owners in Epe but what can you lot do, blame the Igbos for everything when you Yorubas have been conquered by the Hausa, by Fulani, by Islam and by your own kinsmen
Still claiming most educated and sophisticated tribe in Nigeria, where, how nah, people who have identity crisis and have only produced cultists, ritualists and Agberos in the last decade😂🤣
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 11:13am On Apr 20
EmmyDJourno:

You are just an educated illiterate, Igbos abused Buhari because we are bold to speak up to tyranny in its face, unlike you Yoruba cowards, Ndi ebim pa wa; all noise zero substance
Tinubu your god is collecting lands from the original owners in Epe but what can you lot do, blame the Igbos for everything when you Yorubas have been conquered by the Hausa, by Fulani, by Islam and by your own kinsmen
Still claiming most educated and sophisticated tribe in Nigeria, where, how nah, people who have identity crisis and have only produced cultists, ritualists and Agberos in the last decade😂🤣

No one is blaming Ndigbo for everything, apart from Nd'Obidient painful and childish reaction to the Peter Obi third place position in the elections won by President Tinubu. Don't worry, this pain too will pass, you hear.

By the way, everyone complained about Buhari's regime, only a certain people made it personal by extending it to his tribe for example the Pastor that said 1 Ndigbo is equivalent to 1000 Ndi North or whatever figures the idiot used.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by delishpot: 2:52pm On Apr 20
Benin is becoming an Emirate. Before you know it, Sharia law has been imposed.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by AreaFada2: 1:26am On Apr 21
Ologbo147:
Illiterate, those seven local government covers over 55% of the landmass of Edo state called Edo south. It is about 10,700km square and the landmass of Bini speaking communities out of it is about 8653kmsquare. The remaining 2,100km square comprise of Igbanke which is about 170kmsquare. Then Ijaw villages,Ajoki etc.

Now tell me how many states are more than 8653 km square. From my knowledge,

1. Bini’s territory in Edo state is bigger than all the individual state in the south east
2. It is larger than Ekiti state by landmass. Ekiti state is about 6000 km square.
3. It is also about the same size with Osun that is about 9,000km square
4. It is also larger than Akwa Ibom by landmass. Akwa Ibom is not up to 8,000 km square.
So it is in no way tiny
Edo and Delta = Bendel is slightly bigger than all South East States together even.

Benin is even ripe to be a stand alone state with Afemesan as another Edoid State.

1 Like

Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by AreaFada2: 1:36am On Apr 21
aswani:

When Biafra invaded Benin City, the soldiers mistreated the natives. Even Ndigbo that have lived in Benin before the war suddenly started growing wings.

Their readiness to report the locals to Biafran patrols, for example a landlord asking for rent mobey, resulted in summary execution.

Google Nowa Omoigui, may ẹ pa continue to rest in peace, to see more examples of how Benin City suffered under illegal Biafran of occupation.

You and Ojukwu can save your silly greeting.

Obv'Edo carried Obidient for head for your fellow tribesman to be President and look at the nonsense you are spewing here.

Like I told some of them then, some Ndigbo would make you seriously regret all this gra gra you are doing for Peter Obi. Here is another example.
Edo like Lagos and Abuja, has a very sophisticated electorate. Many young, educated voters. Let's be honest, we are tired of old people ruling a country of mostly young vibrant people. Tinubu 8 years earlier would have won around 12 to 15 million votes. Nobody would doubt his ability as a younger version. Osinbajo, despite being tainted by failed Buhari regime, would still have won massively in 2023, including Edo.

You fail to see why young educated people wanted Obi. It had nothing to do with tribe in places outside SE.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 4:09am On Apr 21
AreaFada2:

Edo like Lagos and Abuja, has a very sophisticated electorate. Many young, educated voters. Let's be honest, we are tired of old people ruling a country of mostly young vibrant people. Tinubu 8 years earlier would have won around 12 to 15 million votes. Nobody would doubt his ability as a younger version. Osinbajo, despite being tainted by failed Buhari regime, would still have won massively in 2023, including Edo.

You fail to see why young educated people wanted Obi. It had nothing to do with tribe in places outside SE.

Peter Obi is a member of this useless political class we have ruling us.

Sowore was on the ballot box, much younger than Peter Obi and not a member of the incompetent political class, why didnt he get voted in if people wanted young?

Peter Obi parachuted himself into a left leaning political party from a right leaning one and immediately picked up their Presidential nomination, where is the principle there?

I personally want a clear out of anyone that has held an elective position in the past 20 years. Let new blood come in. Going by voting patterns outside of SE in the last Presidential elections, it is clear people are not voting by tribal affiliations again.
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by EmmyDJourno: 7:08am On Apr 21
aswani:

No one is blaming Ndigbo for everything, apart from Nd'Obidient painful and childish reaction to the Peter Obi third place position in the elections won by President Tinubu. Don't worry, this pain too will pass, you hear.

By the way, everyone complained about Buhari's regime, only a certain people made it personal by extending it to his tribe for example the Pastor that said 1 Ndigbo is equivalent to 1000 Ndi North or whatever figures the idiot used.

Olodo brain, we’re you not in Lagos in 2023, when that clown installed Oba said they would drown Igbos in 2019, where you under a rock
We Igbos don’t have time for a conquered group like you guys in the South West
Re: Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin by aswani(m): 8:38am On Apr 21
EmmyDJourno:

Olodo brain, we’re you not in Lagos in 2023, when that clown installed Oba said they would drown Igbos in 2019, where you under a rock
We Igbos don’t have time for a conquered group like you guys in the South West

Conflation and insults and nothing regarding what is being responded to, standard Obidient response.

Just to clarify, what the Ọba of Lagos said was unacceptable and at no point did I support the statements.

As per di oda painment wey dey do you becos Peter Obi carry third, na you go find sumtin take reduce am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Masquerade Seen Dancing Zanku And Gbe Body(video) / Ikeja Royal Families Settle For New Monarch After 9 Years Of An Empty Palace / Your Favourite Yoruba Proverbs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.