Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits (21045 Views)

Governor El-Rufai Climbs Truck As He Enforces Ban On Inter-State Movement (Pics) / Coronavirus: Lagos Enforces Rules On Social Gathering. / Pastor Adeboye Storms Port Harcourt, Visits Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by aikyg(m): 8:10am On Apr 19
Wow!
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Dpleaser: 8:10am On Apr 19
Your type are the worst on this planet, you only know how to criticize even the best decision. Left for you, let Nigeria sink if that's what will make your candidate have relevance for the sake of next election. But what you fail to understand is that God only give power to whoever he wishes and you've failed in your own responsibility

shortgun:
grin grin
I thought Tinubu and his clueless economic team said Market forces will determine the price of goods and services. cheesy

When we tell them Tinubu have nothing to offer they call us names but we are ever determined to rescue our nation from propagandists.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Donbabaj: 8:10am On Apr 19
AqualinaXYZ:
Enforcing prices while dollar is rising again

Tinubu na mumu

Which of your dollar is rising? undecided
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Jonjam269: 8:11am On Apr 19
AqualinaXYZ:

Tinubu na mumu
This is beyond your comprehension, stick to your wailing career mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by nairalanda1(m): 8:12am On Apr 19
Lalami3232:
Nice initiative by the federal government.
Dear federal government, pls if you can ever see this message of mine, I want you to also enforce the following:
1. Maximum sentence to all SIMPS
2. Compulsory DNA if you didn't meet her as a virgin but as a non-virgin aka borehole
3. Maximum punishment for tribal bigots
4. Read number 2 again
5. Read number 4 again
What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

I agree..also maximum sentences for non virgin men for spreading hiv and other sti to our poor women!

Are you a virgin yourself by the way?
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by shortgun(m): 8:12am On Apr 19
helinues:

Market forces already determine the price of goods and services but some Nigerians decided to be wicked by not lowering the price of goods and services hence government enforcing compliance
In a market where market forces determine price there are room for "wickedness" by any player.
Tell your paymasters to engage real economists we have them in abundance in the country

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by JuanDeDios: 8:13am On Apr 19
adenigga:

Abdullahi said unannounced inspections would be carried out at stores and open markets across different states as part of measures to control the abnormal price surges which had failed to respond to the appreciation of the naira in recent weeks.

Source: https://punchng.com/FG-enforces-prices-in-Abuja-supermarkets-plans-Lagos-P’Harcourt-visits
They've started again. Illiterates in high office.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by OmoAlphonso101: 8:13am On Apr 19
We shall be alright shay
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by ivandragon: 8:14am On Apr 19
And who is going to force the government to reduce import duties and fuel prices?

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by IamAtAnger: 8:14am On Apr 19
Ur papa for house for that una useless country na mumu not the president of the federal republic of Nigeria wey I be citizen
AqualinaXYZ:

Tinubu na mumu
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by JuanDeDios: 8:14am On Apr 19
shortgun:
grin grin
I thought Tinubu and his clueless economic team said Market forces will determine the price of goods and services. cheesy

When we tell them Tinubu have nothing to offer they call us names but we are ever determined to rescue our nation from propagandists.
Market forces should determine prices. I hope Tinubu calls Abdullah to order.

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Goldbw122(m): 8:14am On Apr 19
When there is no action nothing works
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Peakdesign23(m): 8:14am On Apr 19
I love this.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by desireoge(f): 8:14am On Apr 19
Coca cola company should be the next. They keep increasing prices. They have sent notice for another increment next week. Someone should tag the government. They have to stop.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Hanndye: 8:15am On Apr 19
Who will now force them to release what they are stealing?
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by JuanDeDios: 8:16am On Apr 19
fastseo:
Has the invincible hand of demand n supply failed
It hasn't. This is government overreach. Dumbest thing ever.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by nairalanda1(m): 8:16am On Apr 19
desireoge:
Coca cola company should be the next. They keep increasing prices. They have sent notice for another increment next week. Someone should tag the government. They have to stop.

If ye cannot afford coke, better. Good for health.

Companies should raise prices so that they can make profits..free market

2 Likes

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Theoarhics: 8:16am On Apr 19
Edo state should be the number 1 state to visit. I don't think are as expensive in other states and indiscriminate price increases like they in Edo state.

Those people derive joy in inflation prices as they like regardless of the general market forces
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by JuanDeDios: 8:18am On Apr 19
shortgun:

In a market where market forces determine price there are room for "wickedness" by any player.
Tell your paymasters to engage real economists we have them in abundance in the country
And market forces will regulate that "wicked" player. Every human being is greedy to some degree. It's market forces that keep them in check. But destroying businesses and scaring away investors by regulating prices? Smh for these people.

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by DeepSight(m): 8:19am On Apr 19
Lalami3232:
Nice initiative by the federal government.
Dear federal government, pls if you can ever see this message of mine, I want you to also enforce the following:
1. Maximum sentence to all SIMPS
2. Compulsory DNA if you didn't meet her as a virgin but as a non-virgin aka borehole
3. Maximum punishment for tribal bigots
4. Read number 2 again
5. Read number 4 again

What kind of shaitanic vicious cycle commands are these?

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Femiairboy: 8:19am On Apr 19
This is so idiotic. Enforcement of food prices will only lead to food shortages. You can force a man to sell at a price but you cannot force a man to continue business. This is a very dangerous trend. If FG wants prices to reduce they should create policies to attract more players in the agricultural sector ex, protecting farmers and land. The major problem we face is that we make policies for individuals and not industries. It only takes one individual to reduce price and others will follow. Enforcement of prices solves nothing, Buhari tried it in the 80s, there’s a reason he was removed from office

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by ambale(m): 8:20am On Apr 19
Okete001:
Hehehe

Good one!!

We have all been waiting for this.

The people from the region of hate and cannibalism cannot keep inflating prices of goods to discredit the present government because one fake messiah lost an election.

They are the only people condemning this price control

Werey even the hausas that were known for selling goods cheap don't do so anymore

Guess they are all haters tooo

Una mumu go soon reach peak

1 Like

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by shegra58: 8:20am On Apr 19
AqualinaXYZ:

Tinubu na mumu
your papa na mumu when the dollar is going bearish ask yourself is price come down
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by 99thEnemy(m): 8:20am On Apr 19
emmabest2000:

Are we still in Democracy ?
Have you heard of price regulation?

tomorrow you will come here complaining that why are prices going up, while it is the greedy traders to set/fix prices at inflated rate from what it should be.

they are quick to increase price of goods as soon as they hear the news of increased Cost price even though they have old stock, but the reverse if the case when Cost price comes down and they have new stock at the new cost price.

I believe its ok for you if a commodity is bought for example at N50 and sold to you at N500.

Now that they are regulating you are looking at it like a dictatorship.

Wetin una want sef?
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by tctrills: 8:22am On Apr 19
LagosFirstSon:
Good one.

Don't only go there once to enforce and then stop. Always go from one super market to another to ensure compliance
Buhari did the same in the 80s what was the outcome?
You guys should learn from your mistakes.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by israelmao(m): 8:23am On Apr 19
Enforcing price control demands checking the stock and sales books to know old and new stocks but it's unfortunate that most of those who sell at the open markets have no tangible records.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by nedu666: 8:23am On Apr 19
Has fed govt reduced import duties?

Has fed govt reduced fuel price?

Has fed govt increased electricity output?

Most supermarkets run on diesel. Is fed govt giving them cheap diesel

Lastly supermarkets are more cheaper than outside market

2 Likes

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by maridrug(m): 8:26am On Apr 19
shortgun:
grin grin

Market forces determine dollar price is what His excellency PBAT said not prices of goods and services.
You hate this country and not the leader if you keep wishing the person in helms of power ill luck and negative outcome.
For me, this BAT era go be favorably for me all-ways.
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by Femiairboy: 8:27am On Apr 19
99thEnemy:

Have you heard of price regulation?

tomorrow you will come here complaining that why are prices going up, while it is the greedy traders to set/fix prices at inflated rate from what it should be.

they are quick to increase price of goods as soon as they hear the news of increased Cost price even though they have old stock, but the reverse if the case when Cost price comes down and they have new stock at the new cost price.

I believe its ok for you if a commodity is bought for example at N50 and sold to you at N500.

Now that they are regulating you are looking at it like a dictatorship.

Wetin una want sef?

Get educated on microeconomics before spewing things like this online

2 Likes

Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by ppogba: 8:27am On Apr 19
Even those that have not entered a supermarket since the 21st century started will come and wail

Typical!
Re: FG Enforces Prices In Abuja Supermarkets, Plans Lagos, Port Harcourt Visits by motionarena: 8:27am On Apr 19
Please visit Blenco supermarket and SuperMart in Lagos.

Those ones will not put price tag on their goods.

Only to notice the heavy bill after paying and d huge difference in prices from other stores

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan At The Armed Forces Remembrance Day Today (Photos) / Buhari Dispatches Onyeama As Special Envoy To Benin Republic / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.