Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) (21017 Views)

I Bought 5 Cups Of Rice For #50 Today / I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24
Ray07:
AngelFrost . . . this shits is no longer funny o. People can't afford food no longer.

Why are Nigerians so docile... Why be say we like sufferness pass anything. sad
I dey talk but brainwashed people say e go better.

For how long will we would continue to yearn for a better country. if Nigerians were the blacks in America during the racial segregation, shit would exit till this very time.
Protest now, tribe and religion go be the order of the day.

So comfortable in messed situation. sad

I sincerely believe most Nigerians haven't suffered enough...! They will learn through more sufferings.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by AkpaMgbor(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24
ify2016:
Paint of garri in 2014 was 250 naira.
I personally bought bag of garri then for 6,000 naira.
Garri Ijebu then was 3,500 naira.
Don't really know where we got it wrong.
God help the poor.
You know where we got it wrong. We all know where…
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Benjamin4388(m): 5:36pm On Apr 24
Winning123:
Useless post! Do we have the same population today with when 7 cups was 200. Many of these poorly educated people can't think.

jokes on you.. smh
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Ray07(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24
Angelfrost:

I sincerely believe most Nigerians haven't suffered enough...! They will learn through more sufferings.
what a country. sad
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Niok: 5:43pm On Apr 24
Yorubas will tell you that the country is progressing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by year2013: 5:44pm On Apr 24
CoronaVirusPro:
His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is taking us back to those good old days.

His Excellency has recently been worried and eager to swiftly take the nation back to the glorious days, where basics and necessities of life were within reach to all.

Change and development are gradual processes, and that, His Excellency, is working on.

Shut that your dirty mouth up. You are part of those that created this hardship with your tribalistic mentality. Enjoy it.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by okoroemeka(m): 5:59pm On Apr 24
saveman91:
During those days garri was sold like this when goodluck Was our president
this must be in calabar I was was buying one painter of garri #350 in enugu and one bag of rice #8500-10k
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by specialmati(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24
wunmi590:

Nigerians, we are our own enemy, not the government and if we don't change this mentality, we would continue to suffer this, there are somethings that are not meant to even be expensive...

I could remember like 11years ago, when I served in Akwa ibom, Uruan LG (Nung ikon obio) my landlord and the wife gave me and my second corper a plot of land to harvest casava and we divided it into two and give the landlord half and we shared our own half with my other corper we did alot of garri and even brought to Lagos for my family...

In some places, garri shouldn't be expensive, I see a thread where somebody said garri is now 250 in calabar, where they have abundant of casava land.

I go run 🏃‍♀️ comot for this Nigeria 🇳🇬 for unah one day
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin so if you sell the garri 250 how many cup will you sell to make gain and buy fuel,pay transportation ,pay house rent and all that.you think things are just going up because Nigeria want it to be so .no it's because the government is messing around with the country .imagine you sells garri for a living

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by AdamuKD: 6:14pm On Apr 24
CoronaVirusPro:

WTF !

What’s the meaning of that crap you composed?

Tell me! I will tell you what I did next to a trash can.
Your papa
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Obaranje: 6:22pm On Apr 24
wunmi590:

Nigerians, we are our own enemy, not the government and if we don't change this mentality, we would continue to suffer this, there are somethings that are not meant to even be expensive...

I could remember like 11years ago, when I served in Akwa ibom, Uruan LG (Nung ikon obio) my landlord and the wife gave me and my second corper a plot of land to harvest casava and we divided it into two and give the landlord half and we shared our own half with my other corper we did alot of garri and even brought to Lagos for my family...

In some places, garri shouldn't be expensive, I see a thread where somebody said garri is now 250 in calabar, where they have abundant of casava land.

what is the level of security 11years ago and now, that's what you should check.

You go to farm now either you are killed,rape or kidnaped they is no security in our bushes anymore.

Garri will finally end up 5,000 for one bucket
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Bankkym: 6:31pm On Apr 24
wunmi590:

The problem has always been Nigerians and not the government
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by ComeToJesus: 6:35pm On Apr 24
The APC came like an angel of deception and deceived Nigerians. Plunged Nigeria into the worst economic situation ever seen by man.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Edafe19(m): 6:35pm On Apr 24
drugBaronTINUBU:

What is this one saying again🤣
I done tire
When will i ever see people that have sense supporting Tinubu 🤦‍♂️
And na them dey quick tell u say u nor get sense🤣
Imagine a blind man telling quarter 4 that he is blind😂
Wahala
no mind the idiot as if na only Nigeria population dey increase
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24
I remember when a cup was #10 undecided
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24
Theunbothered:

Peter Obi will never be president! grin
I know you`re still a toddler that`s why u reason like one.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by MASTERMIND04(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24
Elzazzi:

Dem Dey sell half cup of carry too. Just hearing this for the first time oo. Chaiii grin
grin grin grin
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by EDOLUWA: 8:03pm On Apr 24
ify2016:
God help the poor.

Where we got it wrong is when we vote and vote on sentiment
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Exceed15: 8:32pm On Apr 24
And they said pdp was corrupt.. abeg take us back to the corrupt period? Useless APC.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Prettychild(f): 10:02pm On Apr 24
saveman91:
During those days garri was sold like this when goodluck Was our president
A mudu of garri which is 8 cups is now 1000 naira
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Daystar7: 10:03pm On Apr 24
Winning123:
Useless post! Do we have the same population today with when 7 cups was 200. Many of these poorly educated people can't think.

What has population got to do with governments failure?
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Daystar7: 10:09pm On Apr 24
hakeemhakeem:
Farmers (black colar jobs)are rejoicing and white colar jobs are lamenting , such a life.

Which farmers are rejoicing? The ones that have to pay Fulani bandits tax or the ones that loose their lives to them or the ones that eat whatever the planted cos they don't have other needs? Education seems to be a waste in Nigeria cos I don't understand you fools
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Daystar7: 10:11pm On Apr 24
CoronaVirusPro:

When you follow world economy’s, you would realize it’s not peculiar to Nigeria.

Let me go by your own judgement, has the US, UK or Canada ever had it so bad with present economic woes?

Not shifting blame or trying to compare nations. The world economy is in recess and all is being affected.

His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has the best of brains around him, who are working really hard to turn the situation of things around.

I am not in denial of the hardship, but we Nigerians also have to get to work and give all of our support to the administration. Having positive mindsets and also contributing to our very own niche in anyway we can.

Our patriotism is being tested, and that’s the only quality we need to defeat the status quo.

U no preach patriotism during GEJ time, cos he's not Yoruba huh? Una funny 🤣
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by saveman91(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24
Prettychild:

A mudu of garri which is 8 cups is now 1000 naira
Over here 2cups is N500

1 Like

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Feldie: 4:28am On Apr 25
Garri was 5 Naira per milk cup when I was growing up. 5 cups 25 Naira. Not like you will have the 5 Naira oh. Nostalgia is just a joke. Prices are an illusion.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by BALLOSKI: 6:27am On Apr 25
vastolord4:

That 3 wraps of fufu will not be enough for a 7 uear old.. its like kids now consume more than ever
3? I can't even take 2 wraps
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Jeje247: 7:14am On Apr 25
ify2016:
God help the poor.
I swear. I used to cook soup and buy paint of garri with 1k. This include fishes, kerosene, spices, pepper, etc.

1 Like

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by dnawah(m): 8:08am On Apr 25
Bluntguy:
I was told yesterday evening that half cup was 150. Omo, I kukuma carry my 300 go buy three wraps of fufu instead of one cup of garri at 300. You see garri eh, her father.
n was the same thing I do yesterday grin grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:08am On Apr 25
Daystar7:

Which farmers are rejoicing? The ones that have to pay Fulani bandits tax or the ones that loose their lives to them or the ones that eat whatever the planted cos they don't have other needs? Education seems to be a waste in Nigeria cos I don't understand you fools

Who were those benefiting from the persistent increase in prices
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Daystar7: 9:40am On Apr 25
hakeemhakeem:

Who were those benefiting from the persistent increase in prices
Dead farmers or the ones that have to pay ransom to Fulani's or the ones that will transport their goods by Magic wand or the ones that won't buy any other thing in the same market. Pls educate yourself, you're an embarrassment.
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by Dstar434(m): 10:48am On Apr 25
CoronaVirusPro:
His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is taking us back to those good old days.

His Excellency has recently been worried and eager to swiftly take the nation back to the glorious days, where basics and necessities of life were within reach to all.

Change and development are gradual processes, and that, His Excellency, is working on.

Hunger never finish this one. You still get strength type gibberish
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by LucemFerre: 11:05am On Apr 25
Eyyah… There was a country
This is sad i swear
Re: 7 Cups Of Garri ₦200 In 2015 (Throwback Photo) by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25
Daystar7:

Dead farmers or the ones that have to pay ransom to Fulani's or the ones that will transport their goods by Magic wand or the ones that won't buy any other thing in the same market. Pls educate yourself, you're an embarrassment.

Simple question you couldn't answer but keep saying the same thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / Help!!!any Advise On How To Revive My Egusi Soup. / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.