Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) (37723 Views)

Young Lady Dies After Smoking ‘Colos’ In Anambra (Photos) / Meet Mamitu Gashe, Africa's Top Surgeon Who Can't Read Or Write / Nigeria Ranks 8th In Weed Smoking Countries Of The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Allisgud: 4:08pm On Apr 20
People who were expecting to see Jamaica were disappointed

1 Like

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:09pm On Apr 20
Nigerians don't joke with their health because the wise one know the consequences of smoking
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Donedeal1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20
Nigerian smoke from freshly cut firewood.
Wet and cool charcoal
Damp sawdust
Etc
Will get us the gold medal.
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by odun99(f): 4:09pm On Apr 20
If God has blessed you please help me and my family. We've not eaten since yesterday.
I'll also appreciate if you can help with a job. I have an MBA and a Bsc.
May God bless you as you help
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by olarent: 4:10pm On Apr 20
What of Libya, they smoke and do drug alot.
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20
This shows that your country is a. Poor country whose citizens have little or no disposable income
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Probz(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20
illicit:
There's a stigma surrounding smoking in Nigeria

There is.

1 Like

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Probz(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20
kokoA:
I think they only considered cigarettes not igbo (weed).

Obviously. Delta State alone would be number-1 in Africa if it was just weed.
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by 4ward4: 4:16pm On Apr 20
Biodun556:
How do they smoke in those countries. Don't they eat at all?

the top on the list, sees drinking as a sin...The only sinless way to get high is by smoking

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Probz(m): 4:17pm On Apr 20
Allisgud:
People who were expecting to see Jamaica were disappointed

1. We ain’t talking Mary-Jane here. Just tobacco.
2. Is Jamaica in Africa?
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by onuman: 4:18pm On Apr 20
Paragon311:
Even Naija with high population isn't in the list.

Naija GenZ dey smoke heavily.,.

You have to eat first, before thought of smoking comes to mind. Cigarette is bought with money. No wonder why Nigeria is not in the list despite being the most populated country in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Probz(m): 4:18pm On Apr 20
odun99:
If God has blessed you please help me and my family. We've not eaten since yesterday.
I'll also appreciate if you can help with a job. I have an MBA and a Bsc.
May God bless you as you help

I’ll give you some money. Message me privately.

It doesn’t even matter how-many qualifications you have. A person’s got to eat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Sleekfingers: 4:18pm On Apr 20
silverlinen:
Damnnn

Africa dey smoke o.... Imagine say the whole top 10 na African countries.... smh

Even those countries wey be say dem be core Muslim countries sef, dey do am, na wa o

It is not a world list. It is for Africa. Abi, you expect France or Lebanon to be there?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 4:19pm On Apr 20
I don't agree with the list. Where is naija. You know how many Canadian Loud and Colos we deh burn for Phase 2 every blessed day
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Dennisochampa: 4:19pm On Apr 20
buharibanjo:
Na who de count the smoking smokers to know who smoke pass I de wonder for..
Joblessness
Do u know how rich you'll be if World health organization pays you to take survey of the number of smokers in southern Nigeria alone?? "
Ignorance no go allow una realize say all these information na statistics wen them dey use money gather.... Odeh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by thaoriginator: 4:20pm On Apr 20
Omo that censor no clear!!!

Make Dem come zanga where me and my men dey steam Charlice everyday like chimney cry
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by jeromestarks: 4:20pm On Apr 20
What kinda false representation is this?
Where is the statistical analysis?
A simple percentage of smokers per country would have authenticated this nonsense.
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by abc115: 4:20pm On Apr 20
yomi007k:
undecided

Majority of the smoking countries are doing well economically.
Always badmouthing
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by onuman: 4:20pm On Apr 20
2RightHands1Coc:
I don't agree with the list. Where is naija. You know how many Canadian Loud and Colos we deh burn for Phase 2 every blessed day

How many Phase 2s exist in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by sslcrypt: 4:20pm On Apr 20
buharibanjo:
Joblessness

By the number of sales of cigarettes. Also north Africans and ARABS in general are high consumers of cigarettes.

4 Likes

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Odetokun3(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20
buharibanjo:
Joblessness

They use the volume of cigarettes sold per a period of time. That’s all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Probz(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20
2RightHands1Coc:

We’re not talking about weed for now. This is about pure nicotine/tobacco. Most Nigerians living in Nigeria who smoke do it behind closed doors or maybe at the club. You can’t just be walking down Eke market or the streets of Abuja and be smoking Benson and Hedges just for the sake of it. It does make you look somehow in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by benn94(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20
Nigeria no reach for smoking when it comes to Arabs and North Africans. I used to have a Lebanese friend and this guy smokes like a chimney.

2 Likes

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by benn94(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20
N
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20
Alaye comot body no join body
onuman:

How many Phase 2s exist in Nigeria?
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by EmekaBlue(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20
Those countries mentioned usually smoke like chimney everywhere even in hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Nonywendy(m): 4:24pm On Apr 20
Biodun556:
Highest Smoking Countries In Africa: Nigeria Disappoints Me

Business Insider Africa
Egypt should be number 1. Omo dose guys are in love with cigarettes
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Kennyideal(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20
Someone asked how was the statistics drawn....

I may not know much, but its not hard

Since cigarettes are not made locally, talkin of cigarettes, i mean St. Moritz and its likes and not Hard smoked substances..... so to the best of my knowledge....... They just simply place a count on the import rate in all African countries........ And results are gotten!
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by odun99(f): 4:26pm On Apr 20
Probz:

I’ll give you some money. Message me privately.

It doesn’t even matter how-many qualifications you have. A person’s got to eat.
Thanks sir.
I've messaged you.
God bless you always 🙏
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by Basiljoe: 4:26pm On Apr 20
Paragon311:

If you know, you know. cheesy
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by ussv: 4:28pm On Apr 20
One would think Tunisia and Egypt would not be at the top because of perceived holiness (lol)
Re: Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) by drimzsmoke(m): 4:33pm On Apr 20
Paragon311:

Both male and female, gen Z dey smoke fire. Dem firelord children!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have This Rare Disease 'Mucha Habermann', Please Help - PIX / Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day / Six Things Your Period Can Tell You About Your Health.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.