Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation (11682 Views)

How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) / Okuama Residents Trapped In Forests, Send SOS To Tinubu, Oborevwori / Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by poseidon12: 4:27pm On Apr 20
Asmmi:
😂 see jokers

Them never see anything

You are the Joker.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by poseidon12: 4:29pm On Apr 20
Chucks13:

And who is going to pay? Or have you ever in Nigeria history heard such payment ever made?

Bia, you people get sense at all? I doubt it wallahi, you are shouting very good as if any govt have ever paid such money in Nigeria history.

Then the army should charge the community to court and demand N500billion on each of the fallen army and police, simple as that....

Your country will pay.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by poseidon12: 4:29pm On Apr 20
jmoore:

The army burnt their houses and properties. How will a restraining order amount to compensation?

I wonder too.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by poseidon12: 4:30pm On Apr 20
Zico5:
Kaikai is just too much for people in that place. They are simply looking for money to drink ogogoro and marry more wives. Instead for them to plead for mercy for killing gallant soldiers, they are chasing wildfires. By the time Nigerian soldiers finish with them, there won't be any reasonable men in that village again

You think everyone is a coward?
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On Apr 20
Fighttillvictory:
■ i told you no similarity. In biafra law and code of conduct will be enforced and culture will clear alot of vices.
You mean the same set of indigenes who do not care to themselves do what is necessary to have the laws enforced in their current situation will suddenly receive a magical upgrade to transform them all into law-abiding citizens who not only know their rights and demand it at every turn? undecided Keep deceiving yourself! undecided
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chucks13: 4:32pm On Apr 20
Kobojunkie:
Who is paying as we speak for the barbaric actions of your military rank? Make una dey ask question like people wey dey get head abeg! undecided

Ok go pay the community the N200billion then as you are now the one to sign the cheque.

So killing 17 army in an unprovocative situation is not barbaric baa?

Then the community should be forced to pay N500Billion on each army and the police they massacred so multiply N500Billion x17 I guess you know the answer?

You get head at all? I guess No.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Apr 20
Chucks13:
■ Ok go pay the community the N200billion then as you are now the one to sign the cheque. So killing 17 army in an unprovocative situation is not barbaric baa? Then the community should be forced to pay N500Billion on each army and the police they massacred so multiply N500Billion x17 I guess you know the answer? You get head at all? I guess No.
Please stop rambling! undecided

Again, Who is currently paying as we speak for the barbaric actions of the military rank in civilian communities across the country? Make una dey ask a question like people wey dey get head abeg! undecided
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chucks13: 4:34pm On Apr 20
poseidon12:

Your country will pay.

Alright...
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Mystiquefia: 4:34pm On Apr 20
olaJako:
After Killing Nigerian Army Officers and Soldiers shege.. Okuama idiots don't have the rights to sue Army. If their sons were killed what will dey do?

i didn't know some of u yoruba demons were this useless
What is the business of the army in mediating(coercing) for order in a community clash with another community? Is that part of their jurisdiction? It is the state and federal government that are supposed to invite the military into such cases if it is beyond the power of the police and it must be done through an act of Parliament.
the job of the military is to protect the country from foreign invaders not to be taking sides in a civilian warfare and be killing, harmless innocent citizens it swore to protect.
Now i understand why igbos call this country a zoo
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by JASONjnr(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20
Nwaokunkpara:

Is that all??

Coward I dare you make you drop address

Not dropping address and you won't turn up oh..

If you don't turn up, may you never see anything good come your way.

Come to Abuja

1st Avenue Gwarinpa
Let's find any football field and fight.... Let me remove the remaining teeths left in your smelling uncouth mouth...

Bastard!
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Mystiquefia: 4:41pm On Apr 20
Charly68:
The army should sue them too for 3trn compensation

You're a fool, on what basis will the army be sueing a whole community for such ridiculous amount? That they went out of their jurisdiction to settle a rift between two community's, is that their job and where they invited by the executives and even legislative arm of govt...?
Some of u are just brainless on dis forum
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by fxexperts: 5:06pm On Apr 20
Chucks13:

Ok go pay the community the N200billion then as you are now the one to sign the cheque.

So killing 17 army in an unprovocative situation is not barbaric baa?

Then the community should be forced to pay N500Billion on each army and the police they massacred so multiply N500Billion x17 I guess you know the answer?

You get head at all? I guess No.
This guys foolishness is really loud. for your info the government will pay that means Tinubu will pay because he is the one incharge of the army. The GCFR will pay okay. ode. So in your tiny little mind the entire community people held a meeting men, women and children, both the elderly and one month old babies and they all gathered and killed 17 soldiers abi. people like you i swear do not have brains. so for all the crimes been committed by Nigerians both in Nigeria and abroad, if one American citizen wakes up and say Nigerian are killing military or all Nigerians are fraudster, and they should all be arrested or killed, and they lock you up to answer for the crime of hushpuppy i think a fool like you will be happy. ode.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:25pm On Apr 20
Dialpad:
Lol .... you killed senior army officers and men, you still want them to pay you compensation.

Ridiculous !
What's ridiculous. Because someone from your village killed someone, everybody in your village gets life in prison. Investigate and find the culprit not kill civilians and destroy property. Ok what happens to the family of the dead that were innocent. Should they go and kill soldiers too.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:27pm On Apr 20
Asmmi:
😂 see jokers

Them never see anything
Why are they jokers. Is it because your family isn't affected. Innocent civilians were killed in the operation. Should the do the same to the soldiers. There has to be compensation because the army is breaking the constitution.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Asmmi: 5:29pm On Apr 20
Chickensoup:

Why are they jokers. Is it because your family isn't affected. Innocent civilians were killed in the operation. Should the do the same to the soldiers. There has to be compensation because the army is breaking the constitution.
Did the army chiefs kill themselves?
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:30pm On Apr 20
Krankhead:
Nah Thunder go fire una. If OBJ , he for down level the entire place
Down level the entire place and then what. Breaking the constitution is not something to be proud of. It shows lawlessness in a country. Limitations have been placed to prevent over use of power so if the military does that against unarmed civilians, then it's not democracy.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:31pm On Apr 20
Chucks13:

And who is going to pay? Or have you ever in Nigeria history heard such payment ever made?

Bia, you people get sense at all? I doubt it wallahi, you are shouting very good as if any govt have ever paid such money in Nigeria history.

Then the army should charge the community to court and demand N500billion on each of the fallen army and police, simple as that....
They would have to pay however it might not be that high.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:34pm On Apr 20
Asmmi:
Did the army chiefs kill themselves?
No but the army killed unarmed civilians who has nothing to do with it. Investigate the crime and then do the needful not go gun blazing and kill people. Everything has procedure.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Asmmi: 5:35pm On Apr 20
Chickensoup:

No but the army killed unarmed civilians who has nothing to do with it. Investigate the crime and then do the needful not go gun blazing and kill people. Everything has procedure.
That's why I called those asking for billions jokers
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:35pm On Apr 20
jmoore:

The army burnt their houses and properties. How will a restraining order amount to compensation?
It's part of it. Money and restraining order.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:36pm On Apr 20
Asmmi:

That's why I called those asking for billions jokers
They would reduce the amount.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:38pm On Apr 20
Jaiye053:

Why Una go kill soldiers
So if where you stay, someone in cult kills a soldier and the army decided to respond. In the process they kill members of your family with stray bullets. Would you ask that question?
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Apr 20
Asmmi:
■ That's why I called those asking for billions jokers
Jokers? Could this have happened in America or any of the civilized world and gone uninvestigated and unprocessed? Something that should never have been allowed to happen to them and here you are insisting that they should not by right demand as much compensation for the violation as is possible. Why are you people so wicked abeg? undecided
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Chickensoup: 5:41pm On Apr 20
olaJako:
After Killing Nigerian Army Officers and Soldiers shege.. Okuama idiots don't have the rights to sue Army. If their sons were killed what will dey do?
Is it everyone that joined in the killing. Isn't there something like investigate first before arresting. If someone in your area killed an officer and the army decided to respond. In the process your family member is killed in the process from stray bullet. Would you say that?
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Apr 20
olaJako:
Here's another angle I question. No investigation done into the killings of both civilians and soldiers but you are certain that all the killings were done by the civilians, all this in 2024? Are you people for real? undecided
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by NairalandGOAT1: 6:30pm On Apr 20
Bar1941:
Which bank account did they want the #200billion to be paid to?

Maybe the community has a corporate account in the community's name!!

And all the residents are signatories grin
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Offpoint1: 6:32pm On Apr 20
Bar1941:
Which bank account did they want the #200billion to be paid to?
All indigene account
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by PHAYOL81: 6:49pm On Apr 20
Now, that's a joke, right?
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by BucketMan: 7:28pm On Apr 20
Lamasta:
Wrong move at this time, they should've waited till investigation is complete before suing for rights violation....
It is the right thing to do. During the case the lawyers representing Okuama community will apply for an interlocutory injunction restraining the Nigerian Army from further infringing on their fundamental human rights pending the final determination of the case before the Honorable Court.

That means investigations will stop until the case has been decided.
Re: Okuama Residents Sue Army For ‘rights Violation’, Seek N200bn Compensation by Kobojunkie: 7:45pm On Apr 20
Lamasta:
Wrong move at this time, they should've waited till investigation is complete before suing for rights violation....
Who is currently carrying out the investigation? The same organization that can destroy all evidence against itself or which? Abegi make we all dey reason these things properly. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi / Oladayo Amao: Super Tucano Aircraft Alone Can't Fight Insecurity / Lagos And Niger States Sign MOU On Food Production (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.