Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! (32533 Views)

Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by oracle009(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.
You sounded like the criminal. Are you?
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Gokuuu(m): 3:56pm On Apr 21
Sometimes I just marvel at these scammers audacity, not only did they buy stuff of 12k, they also requested cash of 10k, knowing they just wanted to dupe the guy. Nawa
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Houseontherock1: 4:00pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Really I was not wise, I'm really disappointed with you and your utterances. You Sounded like one of them.... Everyday for the thief.............
You still messed up if nobody will tell you...you should have called the number right there and then to confirm if they actually gave you an existing number and you would have seen the tag "rice thief" when they were still there...a serious red flag which would have awaken you. Being kind shouldn't stop you from being cautious undecided
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Emma09(m): 4:02pm On Apr 21
EmiloCorn:

But we've seen the other monikers you use in posting and creating threads

Why cook this one? Unless this is your first and most beloved . . . Hmm 🤔
I have only one moniker and it's the one I am using. I don't have any other one. I have never created a thread here.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Blankstare(m): 4:03pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

Mr wise, you just insulted the op without proffering any solution incase of next time
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by AfDapone: 4:04pm On Apr 21
Rich4god:
Just an information to everyone...

The rate at which people commit fraud with clearing cheques is alarming...

In case you are into business and your customers pay you through clearing cheques, kindly confirm from your account officer before releasing goods.

galantjoe:
This is not a case of fake alert because no alert was sent to your wife. Fake alert us a type scam where you received bank alert with the money deposited but when you go to the bank to withdraw you won't see any money. This your case is a pure scam. Not fake alert

Be wise

Benblaq:
Sorry man. One man in a clean car came with 100k counterfeit notes, deposited with a small POS boy and disappeared. This new note.. the man vanished.. a mature man who's supposed to be a father correcting young people. People dey grow, common sense and empathy dey small.

Chisave:
Na you go loose guard.

Someone came to my shop where I do POS with military camouflage and a pregnant wife, was all friendly. Showed me his debit alert, I still no gree for them until they left.

I only use my Palmpay to receive transfer. With all this mobile money, you cannot suffer fake alert unlike conventional banks.

Once you tell me your bank can't see Palmpay, I will tell you I have to confirm b4 paying you.

Infact once you tell me to give you normal bank. I raise my alertness level because I know only few bank USSD don't have opay and co now

natedensel:
Trust nobody no matter how much they do to attract sympathy and trustworthiness

Words of wisdom
smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by madgoat(m): 4:09pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.

Why come here to display your mumu nature. For anyone to get scammed like this shows how unintelligent you are. If u can be scammed so easily like this, it means u are definitely gonna be scammed over and over again because u are not smart at all

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by KGREAT(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
Just imagine what is coming out of someone in this country. You utterance shows you're degenerated. I wonder the kind of home training you had from your parent. Bornthroway.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by winner37(m): 4:24pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

You are so callous saying this , if to be probe very well you are one of them ..you should be sensible enough to understand the meaning of wise ..
If you know what it takes for someone to lost 22k from his or her business you will not be saying this shit ,I wish you should be a Vitim too so you will know what it takes to lost 22k from business..
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by EmiloCorn: 4:26pm On Apr 21
Emma09:
I have only one moniker and it's the one I am using. I don't have any other one. I have never created a thread here.

Its okay wink

All of us have just 1 moniker cool
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Godwin25king: 4:31pm On Apr 21
Very sad
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by moneyissweet(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21
You supposed get sense the moment they requested for cash of 10k.

Person wey get money for account wey him account app is working will never request for 10k.

To me the moment the criminal husband started coughing job don knock be that. I will hold my goods until I see alert

Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Jovi10: 4:36pm On Apr 21
Did your wife also give them the account name too? At least for safety just call out the account number and the customers app should bring up the account name when they are about to send it and next time check the phone well there will always be a difference in an actual alert than a fake alert. Anyways we learn everyday. Sorry for the money you lost ,God will give you more in thousands of folds in return. As for the thieves,sadly I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to get them because I'm sure the number they gave you isn't theirs either. Don't worry they will meet their Waterloo sooner. Don't let this stop you from being a kind and good person tho.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by managemoney(m): 4:38pm On Apr 21
So people still get money for this country

Meanwhile, if you are in need of a job in any location across Nigeria, checkout all job vacancies across Nigeria using the link in my signature 👇
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by winner37(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21
My brother nowadays don't trust anyone people are so poisonous and disastrous ..

I went to buy some stuff after I picked what I needed I decided to pay with transfer because I had no cash or ATM card with me so I made the transfer it successfull they the recipient haven't confirmed bank I waited like 15 to 25 minutes that is how they gave me two options is either I keep waiting till they see the alert of i have to drop the items because someone had scammed them few days ago i didn't argue i dropped all the items also left my contact with them incase i see it they should notify me ..The next day they called i should come and reclaimed they items i left behind they saw the alert at night ..

Things happen nowadays it makes it difficult to believed the sincere and honest person
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Ubanz: 4:39pm On Apr 21
Useless jobless petty thieves.
How much is 22k that 2 couples will be risking their reputation for.
Their children if they have any will grow up to be bandits.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by myrates: 4:39pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
Your statement suggests you're in the same line of trade with the fraudsters. You're sound sympathetic with criminals and so callous with the victims, o ga o!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by FletcherM: 4:43pm On Apr 21
Regarding this serious and ethical hacker, I saw a lot of positive comments on Google, Quora, YouTube, and guestspy.
I wasn't sure if he was the only one, but I later learned that he had assisted numerous people in remotely accessing the cell phone of their alleged cheating partner and carrying out an assignment that could not be tracked down.
I also got in touch with him to ask for assistance. He finished my job well for a one-time payment of merely a few bucks.
They can be contacted directly by phone at +1775 374 4355, or by email at (adriancyberghost@gmail.com). I'm happy I followed my gut and accomplished that. He never stops working without being seen or leaving any evidence.
I also called him to ask for help in avoiding detection by the security server protection or the intended receiver, which proves that he is the best and most trustworthy hacker on the internet.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by GodHimself: 4:47pm On Apr 21
The society has to teach you the right way to behave.

Obainoman6:
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by remzytimer: 4:56pm On Apr 21
Must you sound like you send them or you are their ring leader
Obainoman6:
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Kreddy: 5:14pm On Apr 21
KingKO22:
Boss man you have done nothing wrong bro

Just that many people are scammers

One of the reasons why I stop cryto trading

I was one of the most famous on telegram who promotes cryto and I realized anytime i pin a new site, my member would join and loose all their hard earn money on the platform

Even men in suite would disguise to me as madg man even with video calls yet they would scamm people

I just close the good and stop misleading people to loose their money

l lost 27k to a group like that last week, they're full of scammers, it's regrettable though
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by dammysholove(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Almost same way I was scammed of fake alert and he got away with my open box MacBook Pro
Latter stopped picking my call and block me
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by dammysholove(m): 5:20pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Almost same way I was scammed of fake alert and he got away with my open box MacBook Pro
Latter stopped picking my call and block me

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Love800(m): 5:20pm On Apr 21
What do u mean by only few banks USSD dont have opay and co?
Chisave:
Na you go loose guard.

Someone came to my shop where I do POS with military camouflage and a pregnant wife, was all friendly. Showed me his debit alert, I still no gree for them until they left.

I only use my Palmpay to receive transfer. With all this mobile money, you cannot suffer fake alert unlike conventional banks.

Once you tell me your bank can't see Palmpay, I will tell you I have to confirm b4 paying you.

Infact once you tell me to give you normal bank. I raise my alertness level because I know only few bank USSD don't have opay and co now
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Love800(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21
How can one activate e-mail notifications?
toujurs:
I read the part you said, you refunded your wife stolen money.

Money you didn't steal, but you beared the loss, for your wife.

And i asked myself, Can a woman even do this. For her man. angry

The sacrifices men make in this life, honestly Most women currently in marriage, don't deserve it.

A young man who struggles, actually struggles to make a living for himself and his family.

But women are too selfish, that it's only themselves they think about. Her hustle is for her alone, or when the man is no longer in the picture it's for herself and the children. angry

On the matter of discussion, this is why i activated only mail alerts, e mail alerts notifications can't be faked.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by BigCee0: 5:25pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Very sorry for your Ordeal.

They took advantage of your kindness.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Love800(m): 5:28pm On Apr 21
Network fit still hold the app too.
Joezik:

Sorry to say You are the cause of this scam.
Why will you let them go, when you no see alert especially from your app. SMS alert is a different issue. If you no see money for app e never enter.
Set a standard and stick to it. No one leaves with confirmation.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Love800(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21
What about if he has multiple sim cards, he use for dis operations?
zaynie:

1. First time customers shouldn't even step out with the goods. They must pay.

2. Send the payment receipt to my phone, that way I will have your number especially your WhatsApp or IG handle

Even with all these my regular customer that has bought thousands of naira worth of goods still ran me street.
Don't feel bad, you weren't stupid, you are just a decent human being
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by thatigboman: 5:41pm On Apr 21
chiboycue:

Sorry for your misfortune. Nemesis would catch up with Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya and his dubious associates
how are u sure the ifeanyi u are insulting was the fraudster? What's the proof from the write up? When the woan dropped the phone number, did the call it in her presence and ensure it was their real phone number?
The situation was horrible, the fraudsters might or might not be igbos, no need attaching tribal sentiments to it.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Love800(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21
So what is now the use of collecting their number if you could not trace dem again?
haphizz57:
During dat cashless policy time. Some young guys suspected to be yahoo boys came to my wife shop in the night to buy some items worth 12k. And she was abt to close doing account wit her sale girl. Me i was waiting inside the car. After awhile i go and ask wot is keeping us. She explain dat she was waiting for dia money. Which i ordered her to collect dia numb and confirm d numb is also available on whatsapp. I swear na d end be dat. Dey block us on call & on whatsapp. Things like dis dey annoy me. Na me come pay bck

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Ganjafama(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
Think of the kind of beating they'd receive when luck eventually run out on them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Bassa In Plateau Again, Kill 9 (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Robs Women Arrested In Lagos (Pictured) / NDLEA Intercepts Heroin, Skunk, Arrests Traditional Ruler, 36 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.