Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! (32473 Views)

Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21
How does this amount to fake alert when you didn't even get an alert?
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Fiscus105(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21
OnionBandit:
Una no dey read before commenting. Na why Whiteman see Una colonize be that

Abi ooo, that is why Africa is in disarray, they know nothing but to attack, nevertheless, go back and read it carefully, provided u haven't high on Colorado.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by tiswell(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21
RecentHistory:

This year, your mother will go into debt to bury you. She will sell her last wrapper to bury you.
Every good thing will avoid your family
Your family will work like elephants and eat like ants
Your prayers will be repulsive to God
Your voice will be repulsive to your helpers
You will be smelling before your helpers
You will cry to God in your hour of need and he won't answer
Accident and Untimely death will never depart from your family.
You will have incurable wound, you won't die and the sore will not heal.
By the power of the full moon shining tonight, and the gods of the earth, sea and wind, you can't escape it. Mark today's date.
rest!

All these rants 👆 should better go to your thieving politicians in Nigeria who steals your destiny on daily basis and mess with your collective intelligence.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by nedekid: 2:42pm On Apr 21
RecentHistory:

This year, your mother will go into debt to bury you. She will sell her last wrapper to bury you.
Every good thing will avoid your family
Your family will work like elephants and eat like ants
Your prayers will be repulsive to God
Your voice will be repulsive to your helpers
You will be smelling before your helpers
You will cry to God in your hour of need and he won't answer
Accident and Untimely death will never depart from your family.
You will have incurable wound, you won't die and the sore will not heal.
By the power of the full moon shining tonight, and the gods of the earth, sea and wind, you can't escape it. Mark today's date.
Oga, is this necessary?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by gaskiyamagana: 2:42pm On Apr 21
gentleman82:
a thief always think of himself as wise but the curse that follows a thief is terrible,
In fact, may we not be in their company or their surrounding when the curse will eventually catch them up, Amin.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Sctests: 2:44pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

Obaino don open bigmouth waarrh like buffoon, dey claim guyman and gee. For him mind nobody fit gba am.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by ordovicianonly(f): 2:45pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

You sounded like a thief . You are shameless and foolish to type this trash . So it is wrong for the op to have a kind heart to allow them go when they have a baby who is crying? You are the thing we Yorubas call Oloriburuku Alayebaje Eyan ofo
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by youngrhosy(m): 2:46pm On Apr 21
Too bad.. get solar camera
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by blackslayer: 2:47pm On Apr 21
FILEBE:
Will you then blame people who will decide not to help people ?
So many times I have been burnt helping people just because I am human. Wouldn't ask what you are , will just help .

If Op decides to be hostile towards people in the future, are we going to blame him?

Yes, we will blame him smiley. I understand what you are saying but that is why it is much more harder to do good than to do evil! Just pick what side you belong to and stick with it. Like Marcus Aurelius once said, "Just that you do the right thing. The rest doesn't matter".
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by grandstar(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21
inoki247:
Lol why u no fit login to ur Mobile bank app and check your balance or USSD code....

I even prefer all this all this online bank to the normal bank cause at first once money enter you won't get any SMS but a Notification from the app then you can login to confirm your money immediately...

Bkuz they know they can't do the jargons with all this online bank that's why when your Wife gave dem Moniepoint they had to lie immediately that they can't see that as option...

I can't believe people can still be scammed with Fake alert in this Digital age....

Stop making the victim feel sad, ashamed and stupid.

Anyone can be scammed!

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by McLizbae: 2:49pm On Apr 21
You are actually the stupid one. How dare you call a grown man who has built businesses to sustain himself and family an unwise man, just because he tried to be kind!? What if you or your family are the ones to need his share kindness again?
Obainoman6:
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Obainoman6: 2:50pm On Apr 21
McLizbae:
You are actually the stupid one. How dare you call a grown man who has built businesses to sustain himself and family an unwise man, just because he tried to be kind!? What if you or your family are the ones to need his share kindness again?
Ogun go kill you
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by advanceDNA: 2:51pm On Apr 21
Orlu13:

and u are the first to give d guy a reply yet u couldn't sympathize with him...this can happen to anyone....

some of u need to be beaten up fr d kind of comments u make

As in..the couple ddnt even get any alert....and they parted with goods and money.....so this can happen yo you to??
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Chukwuka319(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21
NoahHadNoArk:

How has this senseless comment helped in any way apart from praising and encouraging the Thieves for their “smartness” while mocking the victim for allowing his kindness and humanity to cost him 22k. ?!

I cringe in disgust when I see foolish/stupid comments like that “Mugu go fall, guy man chop” on this platform. Has our society really gotten to this low were thieves and criminals are and congratulated and exalted for outsmarting and robbing their fellow Nigerians?!?

The Op created this thread to seek help in recovering his funds while also alerting the public as to the new methods these thieves devise by going as a couple and using a crying baby as a means of escape, yet you deemed it the right time and moment to display your foolishness by coming in to call the fraudster “wise”. Probably your parents I’m sure😒
From the abundance of your heart, I’m guessing scam is what you also do and you think it’s wise abi?!
Continue! Just one day for the owner

Next time if you have nothing reasonable to say switch off your data and take a nap, do not implicate yourself over something you know little About.

Ewu!
It's unfortunate, brother but many on this forum have innate criminal tendencies and would do worse than the animals who scammed the Op.
The comments alone say it all.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Ladymillion(f): 2:53pm On Apr 21
You must be a scammer for you to refer to the couple as wise,have you ever thought about how many innocent hard working people they might have scammed?when angry mob dish out jungle justice on such people don't cry foul, shame on you!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by ceejay80s(m): 2:54pm On Apr 21
iamtoofan:

what OP did is it a bad thing cos i don'T get your rant, when things like these happen people tend to sound evasive like say it can never happen to them,

Me wey dey form street, the day boiz obtain me at gun point inside traffic weytin i see do .... i just say make i save fuel i wind down inside traffic that was my lose guard

life is a lesson, we live, we continue learning
Ur case is different, it's between life or death,
We are talking about scam here not armed robbery
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by HRMK: 2:57pm On Apr 21
YOU SIMPLY PAID FOR YOUR STUPIDITY!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Edoziesmart(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21
Judgesledge:
Seems you were in a rush to massage your prejudiced stereotype opinion about a tribe, so OBAINO has turned to OBINNA, which is definitely not igbo
Lol obaino is a stylish way to say Obinna. Seems you are not Igbo because you suppose know that most people with the name Obinna are fondly called obaino or obilo.
Is just like girls that bear chidimma are fondly called maamaa or mma. While Chiamaka is amy, chiziterem is chizzy etc...
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by MILLERMannn: 2:57pm On Apr 21
Fiscus105:

Since u let them go without confirmation via appl or check ur balance through USSD code, ....so,you blame urself big time.

You can only allow people you know in person to leave without confirmation and not just anybody.

Out of 100 people you see in Nigeria, 98 are dishonest, I mean thieves.

Let say it's a country where they have functional and honest police, you will catch them, but here in scammer republic, you would spend tire before you can catch him and when you finally catch him, you can't get justice.
The police will even tell you to go and bring 50k to track the person. Nothing really works. Blackman and devilish mind.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by MILLERMannn: 3:01pm On Apr 21
The same scenario nearly happened to me last week Sunday. The same strategy. He wanted to even use religion to confuse me. But I am very smart na. I told the guy that without seeing the alert, I am not dropping any goods. Naso he Waka comot from my front.
I wanted to use true caller to call the number he gave me in front of him, he said I should not use true caller. That was when I realized he was a fraudster.
Most Nigerians are lazy. When you are lazy, you are bound to steal.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by DeGods007(m): 3:02pm On Apr 21
MasterTeeUSA:
Wow...For God does not want the death of sinners but redemption...maybe you should say this curse to Satan...God doesn't do all these o...for God so loved and even sent rain on the just and unjust.

Don't mind that frustrated guy.... emotional twerk
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by McLizbae: 3:02pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

Ogun go kill you🔙
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Edoziesmart(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21
chinero2:
If this happened in owerri this same people came to my shop and did the same thing,bought goods as I was just opening at the early hours of the morning.

The lady had a small baby in a car .a white spider with a man who was considered to be his husband.
This same number.. they are around owerri stealing from people ... please who ever posted this ,link up with me ,let’s find this people.
Since they have scammed many guys like you in Owerri is high time you guys report it to the appropriate authority so that they will be arrested.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by iamtoofan: 3:30pm On Apr 21
ceejay80s:

Ur case is different, it's between life or death,
We are talking about scam here not armed robbery

My case my sound different buh my point is you never be 100% on guard all the time ... you go lose guard one day

in the case of OP its cos they were about to close and the baby had effect ... no be same dem no wise, no be say dem no know say na risk @least they've learnt

Eni ija o de ba lo'n pe ara re lo'kurin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by favor914: 3:38pm On Apr 21
NoahHadNoArk:

How has this senseless comment helped in any way apart from praising and encouraging the Thieves for their “smartness” while mocking the victim for allowing his kindness and humanity to cost him 22k. ?!

I cringe in disgust when I see foolish/stupid comments like that “Mugu go fall, guy man chop” on this platform. Has our society really gotten to this low were thieves and criminals are and congratulated and exalted for outsmarting and robbing their fellow Nigerians?!?

The Op created this thread to seek help in recovering his funds while also alerting the public as to the new methods these thieves devise by going as a couple and using a crying baby as a means of escape, yet you deemed it the right time and moment to display your foolishness by coming in to call the fraudster “wise”. Probably your parents I’m sure😒
From the abundance of your heart, I’m guessing scam is what you also do and you think it’s wise abi?!
Continue! Just one day for the owner

Next time if you have nothing reasonable to say switch off your data and take a nap, do not implicate yourself over something you know little About.

Ewu!
You dey mind obainoman6? Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya na em brother, hence the nonsense uttered to support his own.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Solofresh2: 3:40pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
This is a very foolish comment I must say
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by advanceDNA: 3:41pm On Apr 21
Taich:

So kindness is now foolishness. The days are really scary.

.....being Kind does not mean u should not do ur due diligence...

When u don't do ur due diligence, u have lost leverage....u don lose guard be that...and thats whats called being foolish in the streets..

Some cases are not controllable like..gun point, or other forceful means...this is not one of them....it could have been avoided with a bit of patience....
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by advanceDNA: 3:45pm On Apr 21
iamtoofan:

My case my sound different buh my point is you never be 100% on guard all the time ... you go lose guard one day

Baba.....u can be guarded 10/10
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Honeydenz(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21
hakeemhakeem:
They knew monipoint alert doesn't delayed reason they asked for other bank
Exactly.
They have scammed me alot thru fake transfer, they come with a waiting bike. As for ur account number, and after show u receipt of the transaction and say its network causing delay. I fell for it severally until I opened Opay. When they come, as a pos operator I ask the amount first, to be sure I have it to give to you,
they say 50k first and when I tell them opay, they ask if I don't have another account, I say NO. Then they end up transferring 1k to my opay hehehe
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by advanceDNA: 3:47pm On Apr 21
Honeydenz:

Exactly.
They have scammed me alot thru fake transfer, they come with a waiting bike. As for ur account number, and after show u receipt of the transaction and say its network causing delay. I fell for it severally until I opened Opay.

Severally??
So u mean u just let them go with ur goods or money without confirming u were credited?

And u allow this happen severally?? I don't get

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Court Jails Yahoo Yahoo Kingpin, One Other In Calabar (Photos) / 5 Sex Workers Fight Dirty Over Missing N32,000 / Danish Husband’s Blood Matched Those Found On Zainab, Daughter– Forensic Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.