Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! (32465 Views)

Lady Arrested For Fake Alert After Buying Drinks Of ₦420,000 At A Nightclub / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Fake Alert Scammer Caught And Disgraced By Angry Youths In Delta State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by inoki247: 2:24pm On Apr 21
Kingzjayzee:
me too oo. E shock me too sha. Good luck with your search. You'd find them one day afterall, this world is only but a small place.

Lol Dey play you can't scam me through digital means unless you're my family and I trust u....

When you send me money I will always get a notification in my online app even before I open the app so after notification I will still confirm make he no go be say app dey malfunction....

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Greattha: 2:24pm On Apr 21
Its pathetic actually.

They think writing such makes them appear as 'afa mail".

NoahHadNoArk:

How has this senseless comment helped in any way apart from praising and encouraging the Thieves for their “smartness” while mocking the victim for allowing his kindness and humanity to cost him 22k. ?!

I cringe in disgust when I see foolish/stupid comments like that “Mugu go fall, guy man chop” on this platform. Has our society really gotten to this low were thieves and criminals are and congratulated and exalted for outsmarting and robbing their fellow Nigerians?!?

The Op created this thread to seek help in recovering his funds while also alerting the public as to the new methods these thieves devise by going as a couple and using a crying baby as a means of escape, yet you deemed it the right time and moment to display your foolishness by coming in to call the fraudster “wise”. Probably your parents I’m sure😒
From the abundance of your heart, I’m guessing scam is what you also do and you think it’s wise abi?!
Continue! Just one day for the owner

Next time if you have nothing reasonable to say switch off your data and take a nap, do not implicate yourself over something you know little About.

Ewu!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Majesty7: 2:25pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

Really I was not wise, I'm really disappointed with you and your utterances. You Sounded like one of them.... Everyday for the thief.............

He is obviously one of them. Check his post.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Kobicove(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

Goat!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Chikel20000(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21
Dear OP...pls don't let dis stop u from doing good....God will bless u even more than that....u have a conscience, and that's all that matters....I really wish I am a governor or someone wealthy....u r the type we should celebrate.....
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Stevenbright(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You were not wise and that wise couple have run you street, its a normal thing where i live mugu must always fall for guyman to chop.
Right now that wise couple will be enjoying the stuffs they bought from your shop while toasting with a cool bottle of wine and celebrating. Take your L peacefully.

Imagine what you are saying!

This is why it has become necessary for us to become extra careful and ruthless when dealing with people we don't know in this country. Main reason I don't really blame those who don't consider others in situations like the one in this story.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Pat081: 2:27pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.
one day for the thief one day for the owner soon they will be caught by you or people who know you don't blame yourself for the money

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by nedekid: 2:27pm On Apr 21
chinero2:
Now there are group or people or rather couples who drive a silver color Camry (spider) ,the lady has a tinted hair and on low cut and the man has a pot belle ,short too.
The guy uses an iPhone 11 Pro Max,while the lady uses a techno phone,the lady is bursts.
the lady has a child in front of the car and also a man who is supposed to be the husband.
The came to my shop ans bought a few items and asked for account number which I gave them Opay but the day they can’t find Opay that I should give them another account which I gave them my Uba,and the said the were taking their child to the hospital or so and decided to stop by to pick up few things,so I didn’t hesitate to let them go.
This is happening in owerri and I don’t know how many people will be a victim of two young people trying to scam their fellow igbos in this hard times.
Now incase anyone sees them in their business area ,just know that the are scammers 0810 538 4984,this is their phone number ..
Dont worry, they will soon get what's comming.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Kirchoffs: 2:28pm On Apr 21
KingKO22:
Boss man you have done nothing wrong bro

Just that many people are scammers

One of the reasons why I stop cryto trading

I was one of the most famous on telegram who promotes cryto and I realized anytime i pin a new site, my member would join and loose all their hard earn money on the platform

Even men in suite would disguise to me as madg man even with video calls yet they would scamm people

I just close the good and stop misleading people to loose their money
You should have been the escrow on the group, that's how I do mine. Any form of crypto trade on my platform whether telegram or WhatsApp goes through me.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Onyi90(m): 2:28pm On Apr 21
The thieves couple might even be hear reading about their evil escapades
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:29pm On Apr 21
May be tou are the one, senseless post. Una dey scam una brother.
Obainoman6:
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by EmiloCorn: 2:30pm On Apr 21
Emma09:
Hmmmmm. Nairaland and toxicity! This is one of the reasons I would never create a thread on this platform even though I am an old member here. I really love Nairaland though. Different kinds of people na im dey here. Radarada!

But we've seen the other monikers you use in posting and creating threads

Why cook this one? Unless this is your first and most beloved . . . Hmm 🤔

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by jojothaiv(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21
FILEBE:
Will you then blame people who will decide not to help people ?
So many times I have been burnt helping people just because I am human. Wouldn't ask what you are , will just help .

If Op decides to be hostile towards people in the future, are we going to blame him?
I wouldn't blame him one bit.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by odimbannamdi(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21
chinero2:
If this happened in owerri this same people came to my shop and did the same thing,bought goods as I was just opening at the early hours of the morning.

The lady had a small baby in a car .a white spider with a man who was considered to be his husband.
This same number.. they are around owerri stealing from people ... please who ever posted this ,link up with me ,let’s find this people.

Thankgodiyke, see this
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Chetas81(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21
THE DEVIL LIVES IN NIGERIA
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by SonofElElyonRet: 2:32pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

You sound like you actually admire the scammers
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by JhimmyThall(m): 2:32pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
You're a horrible person and one day you will meet your waterloo
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by lanre316: 2:32pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:
I used to hear of scam through fake alert I have never experienced it before until three days ago when this young looking couple came to my wife's shop to buy things. I usually go to pick my wife from shop when I close from my own business. On that fateful day around 8.pm her Gen went off as fuel got exhausted and so is the CCTV camera so their faces were not captured she was actually balancing her account and arranging to close for the day whey they came appearing all friendly and chatty and they picked some items everything amounted to 12k and they requested for Cash of 10k totaling 22k. They requested for account no and my wife called out her monie point account and the lady said she can't find monie point and requested for another bank account and my wife called out her GTB account she called the account name and said it was successful and flash the screen to my wife's face. My wife said they will have to wait for confirmation she logged in through her app and couldn't see anything. Meanwhile the guy was coughing seriously and the lady started complaining that her baby is crying in the car and ask to drop her phone no. After some time
I asked my wife to let them go out of my good heart and concern for the baby in the car that it could be network problem that is causing the delay after getting their contact. We got home I asked my wife to check she said nothing is in her account my wife decided to Dial that number surprising her Truecaller app brought out her name as 'Onye ohi Rice' meaning Rice thief that was when it dawn on us that we have been scammed. Since that day we have tried plenty times to call and chat the num on Whatsapp but no response. This is the number 08105384984 registered as Ifeanyi Nwakaibeya. I have refunded my wife the money though but I'm really sad that such young people go about stealing from people. Nairalanders I know it's a small change but I wish I can get this guy and lady and deal with them.

It's quite unfortunate.

You did it out of the goodness of your heart. Not knowing those couple were thieves.

What you can do:
1. Don't blame yourself. You actually did good to bad people. But you did good. The Good God will somehow compensate you.

2. Police can help. I know people don't trust Nigerian police. But trust me, they can get solutions if they really want. Just report the case and see what they can do. You might just get lucky.

3. Do not trust average Nigerian no matter their "condition", especially when it involves huge money. This incidence might be a lesson to prevent further loss in the future.

I pray that the God who commands us to do good will compensate you abundantly.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by SonofElElyonRet: 2:34pm On Apr 21
Onyi90:
The thieves couple might even be hear reading about their evil escapades

Or they might already be on the high see to escape arrest in Nigeria
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by diamond68: 2:34pm On Apr 21
The thing about igbomen they see life like some playground where you are looking to scam someone or be scammed. They get an adrenaline rush when they successfully scam someone plus of course the money they get from it will be used for frivolous things like isi ewu or olosho or odogwu bitters lmao 🤣
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by omoadeleye(m): 2:35pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:

This does not qualified to be a FAKE ALERT,

Fake alert is when you believe that someone already sent you a money and you checked at your end and confirmed that it has entered and you let the item they paid for to be taken and later you tried to do thorough confirmation and later found out the money wasn't there in the first place.

But, this scenario is your fault, your wife was trying to wait and confirm the transaction but you chose to let your wife allowed the people to go .

So it's your fault.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by tiswell(m): 2:35pm On Apr 21
gentleman82:
a thief always think of himself as wise but the curse that follows a thief is terrible,
How many curses dey follow ya thieving politicians in Nigeria?
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Majesty7: 2:36pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

You too.

It is like people didn't check the topics you create on nairaland

Them supposed know say you be real guy man. Why are they angry with you? cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Edoziesmart(m): 2:36pm On Apr 21
RecentHistory:

This year, your mother will go into debt to bury you. She will sell her last wrapper to bury you.
Every good thing will avoid your family
Your family will work like elephants and eat like ants
Your prayers will be repulsive to God
Your voice will be repulsive to your helpers
You will be smelling before your helpers
You will cry to God in your hour of need and he won't answer
Accident and Untimely death will never depart from your family.
You will have incurable wound, you won't die and the sore will not heal.
By the power of the full moon shining tonight, and the gods of the earth, sea and wind, you can't escape it. Mark today's date.
Omoh you took this guy statement to another level. Jeez see curse.
Anyway he deserve it since he praise his co scammer for scamming innocent fellow.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Majesty7: 2:37pm On Apr 21
JhimmyThall:
You're a horrible person and one day you will meet your waterloo

Are you just knowing? Check his profile and see the posts he create
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by blackslayer: 2:38pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

This post is insane folks! Just insane the type of warped mindset some people have. Can you imagine this post? I don't even know where to begin or how to respond to this post in a positive way, so i'm just not saying anything but to highlight how incredible this post is.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by tiswell(m): 2:38pm On Apr 21
Appletek:

Take this fool to Alusi and see what will happen
nothing will happen, your fathom alusi will scam him the more.

Op,abeg learn ya lessons and avert more unfortunate events like this.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:38pm On Apr 21
Most nairalander are scammers which is very bad.
GreaterFuture:
Give more details of them.

As for Victor here on Nairaland that stole 12k from me, for absolutely no reason...
The whole world will see your unclothedness, they will snap you naked!
Your Karma will be served cold, when you have completely forgotten... It will come completely unexpected.
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by gaskiyamagana: 2:38pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:
Shut up!
Sharap!!
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by Kennitrust(m): 2:39pm On Apr 21
Guy. Punctuation marks no dey your head?
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by maipeople(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21
Obainoman6:

By God grace one day you'll be lynched with tyres around your neck to reduce the number of animals living as humans
Re: How I Was Scammed Through Fake Alert! by femi4: 2:40pm On Apr 21
Thankgodiyke:
The cough was a tactics. Next time , confirm your money. If na big money like 1M, I m sure you won't let them go till you confirmed am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Young Girl Goes Missing After ATM Withdrawal In Lagos / Activist Slaps DPO, Tears Uniform, Breaks Dco’s Head In Delta Police Station / Ugochukwu Chinyere Shot Dead By Police Over N50 Extortion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.