Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? (646 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Rickmann: 8:48am On Apr 21
gohf:
No they were mauled

Did 42 of them stand one places and when did 2 bears become capable of chasing down and killing 42 youths.

And yes God sent those bears to deal with those insultive youths WHO INSULTED WHAT DID TO ELIJAH who went up

Lol
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 8:49am On Apr 21
Lol.. curse how long u want, make una agree and settle una family business..

Which denominations do you belong too?😂
StillDtruth:

See am. See the talk wey you come talk, e no get sense and d talk be like madmam own. Dat na why you no get right to talk.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 8:55am On Apr 21
Hamzaay:
Lol.. curse how long u want, make una agree and settle una family business..

Which denominations do you belong too?😂

I curse you? Na you come show yaself.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 9:02am On Apr 21
Which denomination do you belong too?
StillDtruth:

I curse you? Na you come show yaself.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:04am On Apr 21
Going by the actions of the Bible God all babies are His enemies that's why He gives no provisions when He's about to destroy their parents in His wrath.
But Israelite children supposed to be His friends.
WHY?
Because His law says:

“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength. These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as a reminder on your hand, and they must be like a headband on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9

With the above any child that's able to talk in the whole land of Israel must be an obedient worshiper of this God and having deep respect for His prophets failure to do this makes them like all other children of pagans who are God's enemies and worse still these are children born to Israelite parents who supposed to TEACH their children the laws of their God.

So killing those children wasn't a punishment for those kids rather it's a punishment for their parents who must mourn the death of the children they failed to TEACH the laws of their God.

When Jesus walked the earth something similar happened Jesus never prayed with or for anyone until he has been satisfied with the positive response of his disciples who were ever ready to welcome the message he brought to them {John 17:8-9} but the case is the reverse when children came to Jesus and were willing to listen to him as a prophet of God Jesus couldn't hold himself against this ones he gave them his BLESSINGS he must have recalled how some children of Israelites treated a prophet of God with disrespect these ones must have been taught by their parents how to honour God's prophet so unlike adults whom Jesus withheld his blessings from until they began practicing what he taught them Jesus blessed those children without delay! Mark 10:13-16
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Ganjafama(m): 9:33am On Apr 21
Jashub:
.................. So the kids who were killed were just taken off this world , it's not that they cease to exist.

I disagree with you on this. So you mean God just decided that those kids weren't fit to continue living because they called Elisha " Bald"? It doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by chatinent: 9:52am On Apr 21
Jashub:
Dumb question. You are crying about 42 kids . What about Noah's generation where there were over a thousand kids with women and children who perished in a flood . Most of those kids would be infants and babies who don't know the difference between right and wrong . Yet they were killed.

Which goes to show , that God does as He pleases and we can't question it because He is our Maker...He can take and He give life whenever and wherever He wishes

Only except if it's a fairytale... Cos Noah's story doesn't add up. How did a lion and goat remain in the ark? How many species of lions were brought? If only Noah and his family survived, what's with the different races?

5 Likes

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 10:04am On Apr 21
chatinent:

Only except if it's a fairytale... Cos Noah's story doesn't add up. How did a lion and goat remain in the ark? How many species of lions were brought? If only Noah and his family survived, what's with the different races?

Man and lion stayed together as babies and snakes and other dangerous animals have stayed together in a house, so.you are talking nonsense as you.usually do
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by chatinent: 10:05am On Apr 21
StillDtruth:

Man and lion stayed together as babies and snakes and other dangerous animals have stayed together in a house

Dey play.

And what about the different races in the world today...if it is true that only Noah and his family survived?

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 10:06am On Apr 21
Ganjafama:
I disagree with you on this. So you mean God just decided that those kids weren't fit to continue living because they called Elisha " Bald"? It doesn't make sense to me.
With God , nothing is suppose to make sense. Which is why He is God; He knows better .
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 10:07am On Apr 21
chatinent:

Prove it's a fairytale
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 10:09am On Apr 21
chatinent:

Dey play.

And what about the different races in the world today...if it is true that only Noah and his family survived?

You never see where 2 brown parents born yellow pikin and very very black pikin?
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Albertone(m): 10:14am On Apr 21
chatinent:

Dey play.

Unrelated

Can you suggest online sources to get articles to do my literature review? I get from google scholar but they all seem to be 10 to 30 pages or even 5 pages sef. Unlike our own here that our research work can span over 100 pages.
How can I get proper research projects please?
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jokerman(m): 10:15am On Apr 21
Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31am On Apr 21
Hamzaay:
As a Muslim, I cannot talk sef because Christians are already banting themselves. No wonder Christians are always trying to convert Christians. As Sunday business open so make sure you donate 30% to your pastorprenuer as on moniker mentioned 😀
As a FORMER Muslim this is exactly how i think back then but today i know better it's not what people claim that makes them Muslims is it?
If not then you should know that there's a way to IDENTIFY the real Christians not just saying to yourself: "Christians are banting themselves" when you don't even know what it means to be a Christian! undecided

For instance in Islam we were all bowing towards the black stone in Mecca throughout the world yet the deity inside the black stone failed woefully to help us settle our differences amicably despite our hypocritical greeting 'SALAM' which supposed to means 'PEACE'

If we're all believers in the same God (Allah) the Quran supposed to be the supreme book with which all of us can settle our differences using the words of our supreme God, don't you think so?

But instead it's just to bow down towards that black stone that matters to the Allah the rest is not important even though Muslims are killing Muslims. The same applies to Judaists and this people claiming Christians that's why i began making research to figure out what is wrong until i met the real disciples of Christ whose line of thought are the same globally {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3} and they will never ever think of raising weapons against anyone talkless their own brothers in the faith as they're using the Bible to resolve all their disparities peacefully among themselves.

This is what the Bible says:

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness. 2Timothy 3:16

The highlighted in blue is where the WISDOM is if the book you call the word of your Allah or Jesus or Jehovah or YAHWEH or Olódùmarè is not powerful enough to help you set matters straight among those believing in it then your god is either dead or never existed! undecided
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:19pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
You're so used to thinking linearly that you fail to understand that God is not created like us. It's like saying , where is the starting point on a ball. A ball has no starting point ...neither does it have an end. The same concept applies to God: He has no beginning and no ending.

As for change of location , that's God's way of removing wickedness from this world
So if your god can have no beginning or end, why can't the universe have no beginning or end?
So if some kids taunt you, u can comfortably analive them? Really?
Religion has turned folks into zombies and murderers

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:20pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Oga, when you read the bible, you'll see that not every act of God sounds reasonable . Example : David killed another man for his wife and even made an unholy census, yet he is called " A man after God's heart ".

And God even went further to send the messiah(Jesus ) through his lineage. Now compare him to Moses whose only offense was striking a rock instead of speaking to it , yet God chose to let him die outside the promise land and he didn't even get to have his lineage hold any messianic role.

Which goes to show that God does as He pleases ...and it is random . After all, are there not people who serve God in truth and are still afflicted ...where is the reasons in that?
Is he omnibenevolent?

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:32pm On Apr 21
StillDtruth:

Did Elisha beat them? No.

And we all see that you are lying especially as you dodged the part where i said you would wish them evil and curse them from the bottom of your heart. So you have already answered the question.
I suggest u start reading ur babble, psycho.

23 Elisha went from that city to Bethel. He was walking up the hill to the city, and some little children were coming down out of the city. They began making fun of him. They said, “Go away, you bald-headed man! Go away, you bald-headed man!”

24 Elisha looked back and saw them. He cursed them. Then two bears came out of the forest and attacked the boys. There were 42 boys ripped apart by the bears.

From the above, Elisha clearly cursed the children. He doesn't beat them. In fact if he had beat them, it would have been better, they wouldn't have died. But he cursed them and Yahweh finished the curse. He could have punished them, but no, he had to analive every one of them, not even minding the fact they are kids.

And no, I won't curse kids from my heart. I'll just look and them and wave it off. Why would I bother what kids say to me?

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 12:33pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

So if your god can have no beginning or end, why can't the universe have no beginning or end?
So if some kids taunt you, u can comfortably analive them? Really?
Religion has turned folks into zombies and murderers
Scientist now agree that the universe had a beginning. Even Dawkins admitted this before he died. But God has no beginning because he is outside the boundaries of space, time and matter .

As for religion killing people, blame that on the followers not the authors of the religion .

And by the way, Stalin and Mao killed more people than religion ever did . That's why atheism and lack of religion safer than no religion at all
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21
MaxInDHouse:
Going by the actions of the Bible God all babies are His enemies that's why He gives no provisions when He's about to destroy their parents in His wrath.
But Israelite children supposed to be His friends.
WHY?
Because His law says:

“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength. These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as a reminder on your hand, and they must be like a headband on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9

With the above any child that's able to talk in the whole land of Israel must be an obedient worshiper of this God and having deep respect for His prophets failure to do this makes them like all other children of pagans who are God's enemies and worse still these are children born to Israelite parents who supposed to TEACH their children the laws of their God.

So killing those children wasn't a punishment for those kids rather it's a punishment for their parents who must mourn the death of the children they failed to TEACH the laws of their God.

When Jesus walked the earth something similar happened Jesus never prayed with or for anyone until he has been satisfied with the positive response of his disciples who were ever ready to welcome the message he brought to them {John 17:8-9} but the case is the reverse when children came to Jesus and were willing to listen to him as a prophet of God Jesus couldn't hold himself against this ones he gave them his BLESSINGS he must have recalled how some children of Israelites treated a prophet of God with disrespect these ones must have been taught by their parents how to honour God's prophet so unlike adults whom Jesus withheld his blessings from until they began practicing what he taught them Jesus blessed those children without delay! Mark 10:13-16

From your very first sentence, I knew u are a psycho.
By the way, I thought ur god doesn't visit the sins of the fathers on the children, and that he's a just god? What happened
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21
chatinent:

U forgot to ask how all the animals found all over the world found out the exact location of the ark. Also there was no historical or scientific evidence of the flood

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21
StillDtruth:

Man and lion stayed together as babies and snakes and other dangerous animals have stayed together in a house, so.you are talking nonsense as you.usually do
So lions were eating grass? Lol

1 Like

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21
chatinent:

Dey play.

Its not scientifically possible for everyone in the world to come from the same parents. Its called in-breeding and even if its possible everyone would die of diseases before adulthood
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
With God , nothing is suppose to make sense. Which is why He is God; He knows better .
So lemme get, so u don't understand god?
So why do you think he loves you?
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 12:48pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

So lemme get, so u don't understand god?
So why do you think he loves you?
Oga, humans dont even undertand this universe so how can you understand the God who created it...? grin

And how do I know He loves me ..?, it's because He sent His Son to die for me , He gives me food even when I dont merit it , He sustains me even when I'm ungrateful....they are too much to mention
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:03pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Prove it's a fairytale
All the events in the Bible has been proven to be fairy tales. There was no flood, Tower of Babel, Garden of Eden, ark, Israel weren't enslaved by Egypt
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:05pm On Apr 21
StillDtruth:

You never see where 2 brown parents born yellow pikin and very very black pikin?
Dont think its possible. And even if its possible, when those offsprings procreate they revert to the race of their parents
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 1:05pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

All the events in the Bible has been proven to be fairy tales. There was no flood, Tower of Babel, Garden of Eden, ark, Israel weren't enslaved by Egypt
Who has proven it?
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Emmanuel30a: 1:18pm On Apr 21
Today na today, you no go escape...
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Scientist now agree that the universe had a beginning. Even Dawkins admitted this before he died. But God has no beginning because he is outside the boundaries of space, time and matter .

As for religion killing people, blame that on the followers not the authors of the religion .

And by the way, Stalin and Mao killed more people than religion ever did . That's why atheism and lack of religion safer than no religion at all
1. No sir. No scientist has agreed the universe has a beginning. What they agree on is the big bang and they don't know much prior to that. And Dawkins never said the universe had a beginning. He believed it may have created itself
2. Stalin and Mao were not mass murderers. U forgot Hitler, a christian murdered more people than anyone, even jews. Also u forgot the religious wars that murdered millions, from the Great Crusades, Huguenot wars, Salem and European witch trials, Jihad wars etc. Also your all loving god drowned the whole world. So dont tell me anything that atheists did
I realized u don't know anything but choose to put out incorrect information. I suggest u read before engaging me
Thank you
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21
I completely understood what you said, but you cannot be mixing truth with false hood. The moment you mentioned that muslims pray to the holy black stone and there is a deity inside, That was where I understand that there is a problem someone and it can only be one. Ignorance of the religion Islam before you left. And it's not your fault when you were young it was ur guidance fault for not allowing you seek knowledge. But as you are of age now it is your fault.

Firstly, no Muslim worship the Kaaba or black stone, it's a point where Muslim must face to pray because the Proppet (Saw) knew there will be arguments after for the direct to face when praying so he made it clear. Imagine coming to a Mosque and see people facing different direction to pray.

Secondly; Muslim don't kill Muslim for religion, it was stated in The Quran (5:32) says "Whoever kills one person unless it be for murder or spreading corruption it shall as if he killed whole of humanity and who ever save a soul is asif he has saved Mankind. Highlight humanity. This doesn't not apply to just Muslim. It applies to all humans so that point is a lie. Anyone that kills is for theirs selfish gain. Here on the attached, Christian killed Christian. See article here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians.

I Will employ you to seek knowledge of islam and not what the media says about it. Read the Quran ursef bro. Peace [author=MaxInDHouse post=129552527]
As a FORMER Muslim this is exactly how i think back then but today i know better it's not what people claim that makes them Muslims is it?
If not then you should know that there's a way to IDENTIFY the real Christians not just saying to yourself: "Christians are banting themselves" when you don't even know what it means to be a Christian! undecided

For instance in Islam we were all bowing towards the black stone in Mecca throughout the world yet the deity inside the black stone failed woefully to help us settle our differences amicably despite our hypocritical greeting 'SALAM' which supposed to means 'PEACE'

If we're all believers in the same God (Allah) the Quran supposed to be the supreme book with which all of us can settle our differences using the words of our supreme God, don't you think so?

But instead it's just to bow down towards that black stone that matters to the Allah the rest is not important even though Muslims are killing Muslims. The same applies to Judaists and this people claiming Christians that's why i began making research to figure out what is wrong until i met the real disciples of Christ whose line of thought are the same globally {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3} and they will never ever think of raising weapons against anyone talkless their own brothers in the faith as they're using the Bible to resolve all their disparities peacefully among themselves.

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness. 2Timothy 3:16

The highlighted in blue is where the WISDOM is if the book you call the word of your Allah or Jesus or Jehovah or YAHWEH or Olódùmarè is not powerful enough to help you set matters straight among those believing in it then your god is either dead or never existed! undecided

[/quote]

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21
I completely understood what you said, but you cannot be mixing truth with false hood. The moment you mentioned that muslims pray to the holy black stone and there is a deity inside, That was where I understand that there is a problem someone and it can only be one. Ignorance of the religion Islam before you left. And it's not your fault when you were young it was ur guidance fault for not allowing you seek knowledge. But as you are of age now it is your fault.

Firstly, no Muslim worship the Kaaba or black stone, it's a point where Muslim must face to pray because the Proppet (Saw) knew there will be arguments after for the direct to face when praying so he made it clear. Imagine coming to a Mosque and see people facing different direction to pray.

Secondly; Muslim don't kill Muslim for religion, it was stated in The Quran (5:32) says "Whoever kills one person unless it be for murder or spreading corruption it shall as if he killed whole of humanity and who ever save a soul is asif he has saved Mankind. Highlight humanity. This doesn't not apply to just Muslim. It applies to all humans so that point is a lie. Anyone that kills is for theirs selfish gain. Here on the attached, Christian killed Christian. See article here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians.

I Will employ you to seek knowledge of islam and not what the media says about it. Read the Quran ursef bro. Peace

MaxInDHouse:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Faith Not Religion Nigeria / Pastro 419er Threatens Uk Phone Users To Extort Cash / Your Opinion About The Grail Message

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.