Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? (642 Views)

Why Would God Kill Jesus Not The Devil? / Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:44pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Oga, humans dont even undertand this universe so how can you understand the God who created it...? grin

And how do I know He loves me ..?, it's because He sent His Son to die for me , He gives me food even when I dont merit it , He sustains me even when I'm ungrateful....they are too much to mention
1. Going by your analogy, he loves some people more than others cos they have more food, health etc
2. Do you have evidence of this god?
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:45pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Who has proven it?
Scientists and historians
Maybe you need to read other materials apart from your babble
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Actually Christians are loving . Which is why you're alive today . Try islam . You'll have a rethink
No christianity aint loving. Are you aware there are Christian terrorists?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nathaniel-veltman-muslim-family-canada-b1862845.html%3famp

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10576100701611288

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/feb/16/wieambilla-shootings-australia-christian-terrorist-attack-queensland-police

https://www.salon.com/2015/04/07/6_modern_day_christian_terrorist_groups_our_media_conveniently_ignores_partner/

Also u probably haven't heard of the Great Crusades, witch trials, Huguenot wars etc. These conflicts killed millions of innocent folks.
My boss at where I worked earlier said he would torture and sack any atheists. If u want hate, just tell a Christian ur an atheist, and see what would happen. Their attitudes would change. My own wife said I should be hanged for being an atheist. U see many nairalanders here that would not hesitate to kill an atheist. Chief amongst them is Dtruthspeaker. Nigerians show each other hate never mind somebody who is different like an atheist.
Like I always say, there aint no hate worse than Christian love. U can take it to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21
Jashub:
Your opinion doesn't change the fact that He's still God and He will judge you
Tell him to suck a BBC grin
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by kingxsamz(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21
Daejumong:
2 Kings 2:23–24 — The New International Version (NIV)

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys

Many have wondered why did an All Merciful God back the curse of Elisha and killed kids that just made fun of a bald headed man! These were just kids behaving as most kids would . Most of us here even did worse as boys.
So why would 42 children be sacrificed for Elisha? Was he so special? Was is life more important than any other life talkless of 42. How would you feel if your boys were among ?
Personally, I think this story doesn’t add up! The loving God I know who Jesus presented to us in the New Testament will not do such.
The God who did not kill or maim the people who killed his own Son, Jesus will not harm 42 small boys!
The God who did not kill the Romans that persecuted and killed the apostles will never cause such massacre.

Matthew 22:37-40 (New International Version)
“Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

If you love your neighbour as yourself you won’t pray for 42 boys to be mauled by wild animals!
I think the authors of the book of Kings who are not really known should not have attributed the gruesome mass killing of 42 boys to a loving God who Sacrificed His only son to redeem man.
Jesus who is our only role model and who is the only authentic mouthpiece of God should be our only guide in our Christian Journey! Up to the point of death, he prayed to God for the forgiveness of his killers. That is the true God I know and worship!

30 years from now a lot of Christians will distance themselves from the old testament and call it a Jewish myth. You people are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Apr 21
Hamzaay:

I completely understood what you said, but you cannot be mixing truth with false hood. The moment you mentioned that muslims pray to the holy black stone and there is a deity inside, That was where I understand that there is a problem someone and it can only be one. Ignorance of the religion Islam before you left. And it's not your fault when you were young it was ur guidance fault for not allowing you seek knowledge. But as you are of age now it is your fault. Firstly, no Muslim worship the Kaaba or black stone, it's a point where Muslim must face to pray because the Proppet (Saw) knew there will be arguments after for the direct to face when praying so he made it clear. Imagine coming to a Mosque and see people facing different direction to pray.
Secondly; Muslim don't kill Muslim for religion, it was stated in The Quran (5:32) says "Whoever kills one person unless it be for murder or spreading corruption it shall as if he killed whole of humanity and who ever save a soul is asif he has saved Mankind. Highlight humanity. This doesn't not apply to just Muslim. It applies to all humans so that point is a lie. Anyone that kills is for theirs selfish gain. Here on the attached, Christian killed Christian. See article here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians.
I Will employ you to seek knowledge of islam and not what the media says about it. Read the Quran ursef bro. Peace.

Will you agree with a traditionalist who bows in the shrine of Ògún that he is not worshiping the idol but Olódùmarè the sovereign LORD?

No nah! undecided

It's what people see you bow to that they believe you're worshiping today not someone else.

So you people are WORSHIPING the black stone no doubt about that because that's not where God lives.
Secondly the idea of people killing people when they have a King who supposed to settle matters for them is a lie. If there is any God called Allah then no Muslim should support another to wage war against his fellow Muslim due to political or selfish ambitions.
As for anyone you see in the army today learning how to go to wars they are not Christians!

Jesus the man called CHRIST commanded his disciples never to raise weapons against anyone be it friend or foe! Matthew 26:52
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 2:41pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

All the events in the Bible has been proven to be fairy tales. There was no flood, Tower of Babel, Garden of Eden, ark, Israel weren't enslaved by Egypt
Who precisely has proven it ? Give us a name
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 2:42pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

Scientists and historians
Maybe you need to read other materials apart from your babble
Really...okay give us a name .
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Jashub: 2:42pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

No christianity aint loving. Are you aware there are Christian terrorists?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nathaniel-veltman-muslim-family-canada-b1862845.html%3famp

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10576100701611288

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/feb/16/wieambilla-shootings-australia-christian-terrorist-attack-queensland-police

https://www.salon.com/2015/04/07/6_modern_day_christian_terrorist_groups_our_media_conveniently_ignores_partner/

Also u probably haven't heard of the Great Crusades, witch trials, Huguenot wars etc. These conflicts killed millions of innocent folks.
My boss at where I worked earlier said he would torture and sack any atheists. If u want hate, just tell a Christian ur an atheist, and see what would happen. Their attitudes would change. My own wife said I should be hanged for being an atheist. U see many nairalanders here that would not hesitate to kill an atheist. Chief amongst them is Dtruthspeaker. Nigerians show each other hate never mind somebody who is different like an atheist.
Like I always say, there aint no hate worse than Christian love. U can take it to the bank.
Okay ,mention one Christian terrorist organization. grin
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 2:44pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

Dont think its possible. And even if its possible, when those offsprings procreate they revert to the race of their parents

Something people are looking at and looking out for everyday especially as people like accusing people of infidelity, like that guy accused Nathaniel Bassey. Many people are playing police and DNA in this area, so we see how dark parents have given birth to yellow and after "thorough" investigation and scrutiny, the child was confirmed not a product of "away match".
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 2:54pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

So lions were eating grass? Lol

Come to think of it ooo, you are correct!

For it was after Noah that man was given power to eat meat, and it was also at that same time that God commanded that any animal which kills a man, would have a problem with Him.

Wow, so when God Commanded eat herbs and fruits it was a command covering man and animals as confirmed by Genesis 1:29.

And that is why lion and goat could live together.

The power of flesh eating opened up after Noah! grin

That's why i like nairaland, you guys are very stimulating and make one learn something new. grin grin grin
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Image123(m): 3:09pm On Apr 21
kingxsamz:

30 years from now a lot of Christians will distance themselves from the old testament and call it a Jewish myth. You people are not serious.

Over 3000years, we didn't distance ourselves. You tell too many jokes Samuel.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 3:13pm On Apr 21
Image123:

I was going to tell him that in 30 years, he was still going to say "in 30 years". grin
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by gohf: 3:17pm On Apr 21
Namaster:

You are being STUPID.

You were presented with a query about why an "ALL-LOVING God" MURDERD 42 kids for calling someone bald and your only retort was that God also killed thousands (probably more) of kids in the Great Flood of Noah's era. And that we should all FEAR and NEVER question him.

I'll say this again:

It's people like you who REFUSE to use their brain to reason for themselves that give PASTORPRENEURS a hard on.
lol who deceived you that God is ALL LOVING 🤣🤣🤣🤣 lmao never read that term in the bible before Jehovah All loving 🤣🤣
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by kingxsamz(m): 3:18pm On Apr 21
Image123:

Lol, not for long.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 3:23pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

Tell him to suck a BBC grin

You are gonna eat your own penis. Here is your🍴
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21
Well, i can't argue with u further because you choose to believe what you wish.

So when Jesus bow down just like muslim do in the bible, he was worshipping someone other than his lord right Matthew 26:39

When catholics bow their heads to the idol of jesus, they are worshipping the idol right?

Christianity was brought to africa via the sword and slavery, do you mean u understand bible more than thoae that brought it to u?

You shouldn't be a preacher of religion because you neither understand Christianity nor Islam
MaxInDHouse:

Will you agree with a traditionalist who bows in the shrine of Ògún that he is not worshiping the idol but Olódùmarè the sovereign LORD?

No nah! undecided

It's what people see you bow to that they believe you're worshiping today not someone else.

So you people are WORSHIPING the black stone no doubt about that because that's not where God lives.
Secondly the idea of people killing people when they have a King who supposed to settle matters for them is a lie. If there is any God called Allah then no Muslim should support another to wage war against his fellow Muslim due to political or selfish ambitions.
As for anyone you see in the army today learning how to go to wars they are not Christians!

Jesus commanded his disciples never to raise weapons against anyone be it friend or foe! Matthew 26:52
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Apr 21
Hamzaay:

Christianity was brought to africa via the sword and slavery,

Read this for yourself and try to meditate this time thoroughly.

Imagine you saying:

"some sheep came into a house, slaughtered all the cows and rams then eat all their flesh"

Of course you can see the blood stains everywhere but then the animals standing you also see but can you conclude in your right frame of mind that the killers are the same type of creatures you know as sheep?

If you study Jesus' words carefully what can make you believe it's the followers of the same teacher that came to slaughter and enslave people?

Well i can't blame you that's what Islam does to the brains of normal people rendering them unintelligent!
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 4:40pm On Apr 21
jaephoenix:

And no, I won't curse kids from my heart. I'll just look and them and wave it off. Why would I bother what kids say to me?

And this is what proves you are a pathological liar.

C'mon that a child says "you are stupid" you curse him and beat him, is it now when they sing is now when they sing "oblong head, go away" you will say nothing?

You are a big fat pathological liar!
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Hamzaay(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21
Well, like i said is either u are are ignorant or mixing truth with falsehood. You choose to belive what you wish. You said u were an ex Muslim but don't know why muslim face the kaaba when playing. You said you are a Christian and don't know why Jesus place his head on the ground to pray just like a Muslim does. You don't know the difference between a military training to defend their country and mistake it for military training for war.

I'm sure you have are happy that you have successfully wasted my precious time trying to show me how ignorant u are. Congratulations as this is my last message to u
MaxInDHouse:

Read this for yourself and try to meditate this time thoroughly.

Imagine you saying:

"some sheep came into a house, slaughtered all the cows and rams then eat all their flesh"

Of course you can see the blood stains everywhere but then the animals standing you also see but can you conclude in your right frame of mind that the killers are the same type of creatures you know as sheep?

If you study Jesus' words carefully what can make you believe it's the followers of the same teacher that came to slaughter and enslave people?

Well i can't blame you that's what Islam does to the brains of normal people rendering them unintelligent!

Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21
Hamzaay:

Well, like i said is either u are are ignorant or mixing truth with falsehood. You choose to belive what you wish. You said u were an ex Muslim but don't know why muslim face the kaaba when playing. You said you are a Christian and don't know why Jesus place his head on the ground to pray just like a Muslim does. You don't know the difference between a military training to defend their country and mistake it for military training for war.
I'm sure you have are happy that you have successfully wasted my precious time trying to show me how ignorant u are. Congratulations as this is my last message to u

I know you have nothing to say that's why you'll continue following the Churchgoers up and down the forum since both of you are not interested in the truth.

However there is nothing to defend when you are having issues with your fellow religionists who also claim they are worshipers of your Allah, if Iran and Iraq fought for years killing themselves yet they both carry the same book claiming it's holy from their Allah then it's either there is no Allah between them or your Allah is no more.

As for Jesus he bow down as the custom of his people back then in reverence to God but he wasn't facing any black stone that is where you got it all wrong.

Today i often kneel and bow in my private room while praying to my creator but not towards any image or stone.

If you feel better to take your leave then i will bid you Farewell! smiley
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by chatinent: 10:22pm On Apr 21
Albertone:

Unrelated

Can you suggest online sources to get articles to do my literature review? I get from google scholar but they all seem to be 10 to 30 pages or even 5 pages sef. Unlike our own here that our research work can span over 100 pages.
How can I get proper research projects please?

Try Semantic Scholar..
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Albertone(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21
chatinent:

Try Semantic Scholar..

Will check it out. Thanks.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by Petalss: 4:12am On Apr 22
I so cherish my brothers who are Jehovah's Witnesses. Their commitment to advocating for peace is admirable and reflects a deep-seated dedication to their beliefs. Humanity's essence isn't rooted in conflict, yet if confronted, our response should prioritize self-defense, safeguarding our dignity, and preserving the sanctity of life. War is not a beautiful thing.
Islam teaches that war should only be waged as a last resort and strictly for defensive purposes. The concept of "Jihad" in Islam refers to striving or struggling in the way of God, which can include personal spiritual struggle, but also, in specific contexts, defensive warfare to protect the Muslim community or to fight against oppression and injustice. However, even in cases of defensive war, Islam emphasizes principles such as proportionality, protecting non-combatants, and seeking peace whenever possible. The Quran urges Muslims to make peace treaties and agreements with those who are willing to live in peace. Overall, Islam emphasizes the importance of peace and reconciliation, and views war as a measure to be taken with extreme caution and only when all other avenues have been exhausted.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22
StillDtruth:

And this is what proves you are a pathological liar.

C'mon that a child says "you are stupid" curse him and beat him, is it now when they sing is now when they sing "oblong head, go away" you will say nothing?

You are a big fat pathological liar!
Ok, if you don't believe me. I'm not a psycho like u or your god
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:10pm On Apr 22
StillDtruth:

Something people are looking at and looking out for everyday especially as people like accusing people of infidelity, like that guy accused Nathaniel Bassey. Many people are playing police and DNA in this area, so we see how dark parents have given birth to yellow and after "thorough" investigation and scrutiny, the child was confirmed not a product of "away match".
Science isn't for u bro. This discourse is now entering the realms of genetics and u r completely clueless in science. Please call it a day
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22
Jashub:
Okay ,mention one Christian terrorist organization. grin
Oh my days!
Did you read any of those links at all undecided
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by jaephoenix(m): 1:13pm On Apr 22
Jashub:
Really...okay give us a name .
All u have to do is just google 'Is the bible scientifically and historically correct' and your answer would pop up, but u r looking for one scientist name. If I give you one name now, you'll want 5 extra
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 2:57pm On Apr 22
jaephoenix:

Science isn't for u bro. This discourse is now entering the realms of genetics and u r completely clueless in science. Please call it a day

That is because you want to remove the argument from the light and nature where every normal person sees and can see to the darkness of genetics where you can start lyng because not everyone knows genetics.

So, you realeyes that you cannot drop your Lies in rebuttal of things people have all seen is why you are complaining bitterly.

The car Noah is a Toyota and no one needs to go into the lab to genetically test its chasis, to come back and tell us that it is a Toyota.
Re: Did God Kill 42 Children Because They Mocked Elisha? by StillDtruth: 3:07pm On Apr 22
jaephoenix:

Ok, if you don't believe me. I'm not a psycho like u or your god

You are a Big Fat evil Liar like your father and god, Satan.

And one day, evil will consume and burn you suddenly.like these people https://www.nairaland.com/8068918/25-passengers-burnt-death-kogi#129565390

Or you would go out and wont get home like this man https://www.nairaland.com/8068746/emmanuel-okocha-police-corporal-arrested

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Recognize God / Is Allah God? / Two Church Members Arraigned Over N2.7m Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.