Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi (16013 Views)

Ex-Governors Umahi, Wike, Akpabio Visit President Tinubu Today / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Justiceori2019(m): 7:45am On Apr 21
Immediate past Ebonyi Governor, Sen. David Umahi, says he is happy that his successor, Gov. Francis Nwifuru, still honours him.

Umahi said this while speaking with newsmen after being conferred with an honorary doctorate degree by the Ebonyi State University on Saturday in Abakaliki.

Umahi, Minister of Works, said it was not common to hand over to a successor and still be continually honoured by him.

“That is the handwork of God and I am grateful to him and the Governor. Governors and their predecessors are fighting in many states ,but in Ebonyi , we are always celebrating. This is the mercy of God and the wisdom bestowed on the Governor,” he said.

The minister commended Nwifuru for sowing the seed of peace in the state and assured that such would be sustained.

“You can see that the state is on steady rise and what I could not finish as David he is doing as Solomon. He is my son in whom I am well pleased,” he said.

Umahi thanked the university for honouring him and others, and pledged to continue contributing to its development.

“I commend the Vice -Chancellor and management for the amazing feats recorded by the institution ; we all are proud to have a university with such records. The job is easy when you are not the one doing it, and I thank the state governor for his great works in the university.

“I will consult with my fellow awardees and we would definitely offer huge support to the university,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/im-happy-my-successor-still-honours-me-umahi/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3D9_DhsFr1Qf_jzDwbAP9WNTfW1psPdLniaxqUxBbDBb3gWN2GqOjkQR8_aem_AZ_OJV6hP9XHM1ZADvtH69H4OfEexkb4GXFs2eJTSylpIL4z9IGIVeuYrmi7GZa9jS6761tl-s5Qt38qEt8dhfOq

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vanbonattel: 7:46am On Apr 21
No Igbo man can allow you play Godfather on him Umahi, if you try you will fail like others. This governor Nwifuru can wrestle you down, and seize a lot of your loot. Ask Gburugburu how far.

Just mind your territory in Abuja.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by ZombieTAMER: 7:53am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:
No Igbo man can allow you play Godfather on him Umahi, if you try you will fail like others. This governor Nwifuru can wrestle you down, and seize a lot of your loot. Ask Gburugburu how far.

He knows where godfatherism thrives
Only in the coward region of the South

Wike is learning the hard way

modified: Never mentioned anyone, but it's amazing how cowards know themselves, they've been having a free day quoting me grin
must have struck a cord cheesy

want to still remind them that Nigerian Army officers were killed in the North yesterday, yet to see any of them calling for the village to be razed, If that's not how cowards roll , i have no idea anymore

81 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vanbonattel: 7:56am On Apr 21
ZombieTAMER:

Wike was shocked, he thought Fubara will be easy to ride.

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Alaigbo(m): 8:00am On Apr 21
You are right like the Pandora bastard criminal Peter Obi wanted to play on Obiano before that one disgrace him exposing all his lies about loans n all.

vanbonattel:

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Alaigbo(m): 8:03am On Apr 21
Where God father thrives in that coward region Lagos state do you have the data of how many of your fathers n mothers from your state run n escape into that same Lagos state daily not weekly or monthly so they do not perish from poor governance from where you do not have God father.

God father de build train seaport airport you are here wailing like the irredeemable tribalistic obidient ipob you are.

2024 you never get sense after your several years on NL. Imagine rejoicing shamelessly in bigotry n foolishness this early hour of the day.

ZombieTAMER:

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by HenryTimes: 8:07am On Apr 21
ZombieTAMER:

Nothing bad in being a godfather, just that most Nigeria godfathers take the word literally and keep abusing it. A case study is Wike vs Fubara.
How can a godfather appoint almost all commissioners and personal assistants of a sitting governor, if not madness and greed?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Macphenson: 8:17am On Apr 21
Shots fired at Wike

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by NOC1(m): 8:30am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:
No Igbo man can allow you play Godfather on him Umahi, if you try you will fail like others. This governor Nwifuru can wrestle you down, and seize much of your loot. Ask Gburugburu how far.

Lol, no godfather, no politics; it is like that everywhere in the world; very few politicians like Trump got into power without godfathers, and they pay dearly for it. Politics is not for babies.
We only abuse it in Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Peakdesign23(m): 8:31am On Apr 21
Good for him
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vanbonattel: 9:19am On Apr 21
NOC1:

Lol, no godfather, no politics; it is like that everywhere in the world; very few politicians like Trump got into power without godfathers, and they pay dearly for it. Politics is not for babies.

Why are your people always supporting evil? So nobody in your side can stand on their own except one urine donor is standing behind him to loot your treasury?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vanbonattel: 9:23am On Apr 21
Alaigbo:
Where God father thrives in that coward region Lagos state do you have the data of how many of your fathers n mothers from your state run n escape into that same Lagos state daily not weekly or monthly so they do not perish from poor governance from where you do not have God father.

God father de build train seaport airport you are here wailing like the irredeemable tribalistic obidient ipob you are.

2024 you never get sense after your several years on NL. Imagine rejoicing shamelessly in bigotry n foolishness this early hour of the day.

Expalin to us why godfather has not built seaports and airport in Oshun and ekiti states, why are Ekiti people escaping to Lagos and Enugu states? You only talk about Lagos built with our oil money when it was our federal capital as if its your achievement. Just live Kwali people claiming the successes in Abuja as their efforts and not giving praise to Niger Delta oil money.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by NOC1(m): 11:22am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:

Why are your people always supporting evil? So nobody in your side can stand on their own except one urine donor is standing behind him to loot your treasury?

I am not supporting evil; politics is all about godfathers all over the world; it is just that Nigeria abuses its own

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Reelz: 12:51pm On Apr 21
Don't count your blessings yet..
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Whalis: 1:20pm On Apr 21
ZombieTAMER:

So Theodore Orji and Ikpeazu are from your dot nation?

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Racoon(m): 1:23pm On Apr 21
Perhaps Francis Nwifuru knows the intricacies of your corruption especially with the white elephant project of the Ebonyi Airport scam. However, never relax yet. The time bomb is still ticking. Francis is gonna act when it is time.
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Melagros(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21
COMRADES, Umahi is indirectly referring to Wike, El'Rufai and tinubu

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by silverlinen(m): 3:34pm On Apr 21
Damnnn

Are you suppose to fight them in the first instance?

This talk no make sense at all...him come dey talk like say na better thing him do.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by ZombieTAMER: 5:17pm On Apr 21
Alaigbo:

After gulping sachet shekpe , your brain becomes empty

Lagos Economy alone is more than all west African countries.. yet the state is littered with slumps and bad infrastructure ,

A former capital of the country under the military, became a shadow of itself since 1999
All because of Godfatherism

Seyi will be the governor by 2027
And shishi you no go see as usual

just displaying your tribalism and bigotry on social media

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Raskimonojendor: 5:57pm On Apr 21
Umahi would eventually be the first Ibo president since Nigeria's 4th republic started.

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Risingblue008(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21
No be small thing oo

The hardest surgery in this world is to try and remove a politicians from he's office
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by gaby(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21
Wike left the chatgroup...

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vowiski(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by honestivo(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21
Good man ,pls tell Wike
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by ManOfSteel2(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21
Too early...

Very reliable data merchant.... 1GB @200. MTN only.. Whatsapp or call 08109365129. All payments goes to 8109365129. OPAY/PALMPAY
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vowiski(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21
Alaigbo:

Is it Lagos the glorified slum?

You see how Abia was before Otti took over ?

When a real leader not connected to the umbilical cord of Tinubu becomes governor, you will be shocked at what Lagos can be

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by vowiski(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21
Alaigbo:

:/
Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by Kaiser20: 6:03pm On Apr 21
vanbonattel:

Wike was shocked, he thought Fubara will be easy to ride.
River state is not in SW.
godfather politics naa SW agenda

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: I am not fighting with my successor like some Ex-Governors - Umahi by CrossRhodes: 6:03pm On Apr 21
NOC1:

It is not like that world wide according to you..

who is Obama godfather?
who is trump godfather?
Who is Biden godfather?

The governor of California who is his godfather?
Who is otti godfather?

Una go just dey yap rubbish for mouth and hand..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Toll Gate Kaduna / PDP Wins Aba North And Isialangwa South Constituency Election Rerun / Photo: Protesters Storm National Assembly Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.