Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us (30457 Views)

5 Reasons Why Online Retailers Are Crushing Brick-and-mortar Merchants / Save Us; Flour Companies Are Killing Our Businesses, Bakers Beg FG / Distributors,wholesalers, Retailers Are Wanted For Brand Of Baby Wipes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by jumper524(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:
People are wicked in this country.

Greed will finish us in this country.

Go to trade fare and see how street retailers are ripping us off big time.

My wife bought her body cream CT+ at the rate 2100 at trade fare yesterday while in our area retailers are selling it for 3700.

Kk brothers soap my wife bought the pack for 7k(6pieces) while one is sold for 1700 by retailers.

Her sanitary pad she bought 1 pack at the rate of 1050 while retailers sell for 1700.

Even strike bitters sachet pack(20 pieces) wey I dey always use console myself i buy for 2000 she got it for 1450.

Note she didn't even buy at carton price but at pack price because if she was buying in carton the price would be lower that than.

Just yesterday I bought a derica of rice on my way back home for 900 around oshodi terminal while the seller in my street is still selling for 1300 despite price of bag of rice coming down.

We are own problem.......everyone is wicked in this country.
all classes of people now use shopping mall in my area.
those retailers have turned something else.
sardine is #890 at market square while it goes for #1200 at retailers.
Ogun Kee them.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by jumper524(m): 2:47pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

See one them......wicked humans

Those selling in trade fare are aliens?? They are not suffering hardship??

How can you buy something for 2100 and want to sell for 3700??

We buying are plucking money from trees
with pains my dad had to increase his house rent from #150k to #250k.
well I don't regret, most of his tenants are business men who inflate price so in the end the suffering goes round.
just that we are creating more criminals for the unemployed.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Justiceleague1: 2:57pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

My wife bought her body cream CT+ at the rate 2100 at trade fare yesterday while in our area retailers are selling it for 3700.

Kk brothers soap my wife bought the pack for 7k(6pieces) while one is sold for 1700 by retailers.

Her sanitary pad she bought 1 pack at the rate of 1050 while retailers sell for 1700.

Even strike bitters sachet pack(20 pieces) wey I dey always use console myself
i buy for 2000 she got it for 1450.

Note she didn't even buy at carton price but at pack price because if she was buying in carton the price would be lower that than.

Just yesterday I bought a derica of rice on my way back home for 900 around oshodi terminal while the seller in my street is still selling for 1300 despite price of bag of rice coming down.

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Justiceleague1: 3:00pm On Apr 21
Afamed:

Only Una dey enter transport go buy goods?

Lagos price N55k , Onitsha price N78k

Even the manufacturer does not make N22k as profit on unit of his goods
You are just a hater who knows absolutely nothing.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Afamed: 3:02pm On Apr 21
idahme:
It's crazy out there, what shocked me yesterday, a small scale super market on my street sells 320g of miksi for 2500 while I got it at Marketqwuare for 1725 for same 320g. Is it that market square are getting theirs from Pluto while the others get theirs from Jupiter?

Most of street, their goods will expire by Dec.

Pls do not fall for their exploitation..

Buy your things from the main market, it's a matter of time, their senses go come to normal
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Dannydrums889: 3:08pm On Apr 21
nairalanda1:

What is happening in Nigeria, everyone is suffering. Everyone needs money

So the people who sell rice.need to also raise money.

Part of life
Your opinion is unjustified, how will you feel when you were told the cost of something is #500 only for you to go in and get the money and suddenly it had jumped to #600 because someone told her the price has increased, within how many seconds?
Yeah, things is cost to get but some people are just inhumane

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by nairalanda1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21
Dannydrums889:

Your opinion is unjustified, how will you feel when you were told the cost of something is #500 only for you to go in and get the money and suddenly it had jumped to #600 because someone told her the price has increased, within how many seconds?
Yeah, things is cost to get but some people are just inhumane

Because, things cost money.

It's called inflation, and it is affecting everyone, shopkeepers included.

People who sell stuff, they aren't insulated from APC shege.

3 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Farrason: 3:57pm On Apr 21
SalamRushdie:
So the goods will fly magically from trade fair to your house? Add you wife's transport to and fro , her refreshments at trade Fair and then you will will understand

Lies.. so even if she spent 3000 for transport. 3000 evenly distributed on what she bought, does it amount to selling an item of 2100 for 3700. It's evil!!

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Rickmann: 7:02pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

Even strike bitters sachet pack(20 pieces) wey I dey always use console myself i buy for 2000 she got it for 1450.

I made a post about this sometime ago.
Its so easy for people to call out the government while we keep being wicked o ourselves. Retailers aren't helping the current situation at all.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Orinechi: 8:22pm On Apr 21
SalamRushdie:

When a shop owners takes cartons of that cream to your area from trade fair,
They pay transport

They pay tradefair dues

They pay those that load it

They pay policemen on the road

They pay local govt Agbero

They pay staff in their shop

They pay for deisel for generator

They pay rent and rent is expensive in that your area than trade fair

Oga the price cant be the same
Just see nonsense a grown up is saying. For justifying the pain these greedy lots are inflicting on us.,if u are one of them, let see what u will achieve in the next one year. God has never disappointed.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by hammer567: 8:38pm On Apr 21
EBI KPA WA PEOPLE grin

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by udemzyudex(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21
When dollars was up, they made mad profit but since dollar is coming down they refuse to bring down the price, saying they still have old stocks, same old stock they sold at high price when dollars was high.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by richie240: 8:41pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

They blamed dollar for increase in price, dollar fell but they hugged their inflated prices like teddy bear.

They pointed accusing fingers at high cost of dizzu; dizzu price reduced yet they remained adamant.

And these are majorly the sets of 'nigerians'hoping dollar will bcum 5000 by December.

Umu ekwensu dem.
cool

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Truthsandtrusts: 8:42pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

This is what peter and Obi has told them to do, to hate their neighbors.so that they can blackmail the President for hardship
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by GloriousGbola: 8:42pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

the problem is Nigerians who will not do research and figure out the best place to buy items - but will immediately buy at the first place they see an item.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by mamaafrik(m): 8:43pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

by your calculation, 64*1300=83,200 NAIRA

I can supply you correct 50kg indian rice at 65,000 naira,pick spot is oshodi ,Lagos.

My contact is attached below
,D.M
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by drerocker: 8:44pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

The other name of wickedness is black man
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Dharmiejoe(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21
SalamRushdie:
So the goods will fly magically from trade fair to your house? Add you wife's transport to and fro , her refreshments at trade Fair and then you will will understand
na people like you the poster is referring to as Greedy.So lets assume u bought an item for 2100 and sold for 3700. Profit margin of 1800. Of which you will still spread the cost of labour on all items bought . Eventually will fall to maybe 200-300. Leaving you 1500 as profit. No be thief you be

3 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by themanderon: 8:49pm On Apr 21
Nigerians are naturally wicked and greedy.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Earthquakes: 8:49pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

You can resign from your job and go into retailing to pack the gains. I don’t like people who have not successfully run any business talking trash. If the environment is good, why do you think multi million dollars companies are loosing and exiting??
I have a retail shop and I am telling you for sure there is no gain as you think

3 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by VictorGeneral4(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

Not surprised you are here....hater of good things.

Few months back you bragged/ salivate everywhere dollar would be above 2k by march .....lol

Shameless.
channel your frustrations to your brother who gat nothing to offer Nigerians to do the needful
Una never see suffer
This na morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by psalmz(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

add the cost of logistics bro
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Resonance2019: 8:52pm On Apr 21
nairalanda1:
The people selling stuff are suffering the same hardship as you are....

Think on that.
You should show some decorum and stop advertising ignorance Oga. You mean after taking time to read in between the lines of what d man wrote this is what you could type?

3 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by VictorGeneral4(m): 8:52pm On Apr 21
jumper524:
all classes of people now use shopping mall in my area.
those retailers have turned something else.
sardine is #890 at market square while it goes for #1200 at retailers.
Ogun Kee them.
That's tinubu Nigeria for you
It's a lawless country
You're free to do anyhow

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:53pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

Exactly.. everybody is blaming the government..
Meanwhile, we're our own problem

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by ManirBK: 8:54pm On Apr 21
SalamRushdie:
my friend how far longtime no fight
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by NothingDoMe: 8:54pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

I was about to agree with you, but then I remembered that such things existed even before Tinubu's policies.

High-priced goods are for a targeted audience: people who dislike the stress of arguing about prices or traveling far to purchase what they need. Na market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by BigYash: 8:57pm On Apr 21
Truthsandtrusts:

This is what peter and Obi has told them to do, to hate their neighbors.so that they can blackmail the President for hardship
Shut up and make sensible comments.. Everything Obi this ,Obi that..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by harjay1986: 8:57pm On Apr 21
SalamRushdie:

Thats where you get it wrong as an household i may want to get just pieces that will last me few week and once I see that the different is high then I will change my buying pattern to carton which will save me much

Now com down to retailer If I buy let say bathing soap 3 pack and each is around 1000 from where I buy from, I can sell for 1200 or 1300, making 200h or 300h, yes you may say the profit is low but mind you thats is 20% or 30% gain from my 1000 naira on each soap, doing this will make my sales cheap and improve my turnover, but if am now of a taught that I want 100% gain on every 1000 naira my sales will drop

Okay, something happen of recent, we do buy Garri Paint bucket around 2k suddenly it turn to 4k, me and my wife decide to buy raw cassava and process it into garri, we buy two sack that's 10k after everything we get 6 paint bucket of Garri, thats around 24k in price we have save on that,

As a retailer forget the saying that if you add transport fare to it ... let that statement stay with you, that market you think you know that has turn to your own Job many of them know the same place. The moment you think you are doing your customer favor and they go outside to confirm a lower price you loose such customer even if you reduce the price more than what they get outside

5 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Mandate1: 9:00pm On Apr 21
Pecoleee345:

as at January 2023, don't we have retailers in Nigeria? Why were prices of goods not inflated? Channel your blame appropriately and leave the retailers out of it. A retailer who is buying diesel at 1500 per litre, fuel 700 per litre, pays exorbitantly for power, and you expect same retailer to sell cheaply?

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by sonnie10: 9:00pm On Apr 21
mamaafrik:

by your calculation, 64*1300=83,200 NAIRA

I can supply you correct 50kg indian rice at 65,000 naira,pick spot is oshodi ,Lagos.

My contact is attached below
,D.M
Why you self do the calculation with #1300 instead of the #900 he said he bought a derica measure?

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Bullfallo(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21
Most trade fair are items that’s about to expire .

Things will not come down like that oh because landlord have increase rent and schools increases school fees. Those once will never bring it down again. So blame tinubu for insensitive actions towards messing up the economy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery? / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.