Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us (30462 Views)

5 Reasons Why Online Retailers Are Crushing Brick-and-mortar Merchants / Save Us; Flour Companies Are Killing Our Businesses, Bakers Beg FG / Distributors,wholesalers, Retailers Are Wanted For Brand Of Baby Wipes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 7:49am On Apr 22
ambale:

I can see you've never tried a business or trade all your life

How many retailers fit buy directly from manufacturers?

Una even do economics for school at all?

Na from direct manufacturers everyone dey buy from, I give up on your mumuness sha

Mr Economist wey study economy for school, did you care to look at the huge price difference? That's the crux of the matter, not the differences. Olodo Economist grin grin grin
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 7:58am On Apr 22
poseidon12:

Why don't you seize the opportunity and open a retail shop, undercut the "greedy retailers" by selling much lower and make a killing.
Boring and silly response.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by SalamRushdie: 7:58am On Apr 22
easzypeaszy:
Ur thinking poor infact I wl score ur IQ 103 against the standard 180.
I hv stop wasting my time to buy anytin frm ppl lik u or ur parents dat sells in the area.

If you had any IQ in this your useless head you will know that the standard IQ can never been 180...To put it in context Albert Einstein one of the smartest men ever had an IQ of 160 ..The average IQ in Nigeria is 65 and that's why a slowpoke like you can never understand what I say because we don't operate in the same brain spectrum
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by SalamRushdie: 8:00am On Apr 22
EBEk101:

This is the dumbest comment ever.
so retailers are supposed to add whatever refreshments they took to the cost of their goods ?
You should have said they should as well add all their family members bills to whatever they sell

You are too dull for me ...Did I say the retailer should add refreshment..The idiot should continue sending his wife to tradefair
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 8:01am On Apr 22
cucumbar:
is making N2000 on a carton of indomie too much profit?

2k on cartoon of Indomie no be much? Make una fear God o. Do you know that Indomie is a fast moving consumer good? You don't need to make 2k as profit on a single cartoon. It's called rip off. 500 naira at most since you are selling lots of it on daily basis.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 8:04am On Apr 22
mimijane:
Are u trying to tell me retailers should not make their gain?
If u are a business person,u will understand better.
How will a business person buy from a wholesale,for instance 1000 and still sell it 1000.wont the retailers add his or her gain,do u want to rip the person off business.
If u cannot afford want they sell ,then buy ur things u use in ur house in bulk from a wholesaler,simple.....

The sermon is: let's be considerate with how much profits we're making from the sales of each item.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 8:08am On Apr 22
Father4all:
Go and open your own shop oga
SmartMen:

You are a mor00on who lacks basic economics knowledge. You are also selfish. So they should sell it to you at how much?

nA YOUR urine dem go use pay shop, take care of their kids lives and needs, pay house rent, and all?

The problem is that when people like you finally see how retailers have been ripping you off, you won't be able to come back here to narrate your experience. If una like, continue paying 2k for an item whose price is now around 1.2k.
Una no see the price of cement now? No be the same economic factors responsible for their prices increase?
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by mamaafrik(m): 8:13am On Apr 22
Tenshades:

Rice wey dey sell for 57k for same Lagos?

You are one of the problems.
can I get a METRIC 50kg from same price at that your place??
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 8:15am On Apr 22
odimbannamdi:

You did not save 24k bro.

You are making a common mistake people do when they calculate their cost savings.

What is the opportunity cost of your time? The time you and your wife used in processing the cassava into garri could have been used for another activity that could make you more than that 24k. If you have a job that paid you 500k per month, for example, calculate how much your earning would be per hour and multiply it by the total hours you spent processing the garri to know how much the value of the time you spent processing the garri is.

Now talk about the water and other consumables you would use in the process as well.

I am not encouraging you to buy the garri from the retailer at an exorbitant price o...I just want you to do your calculations well and correctly determine whether you actually saving money

Lol. Like they were using that time to make additional 24k when they were not processing cassava to make garri? grin grin grin. Una just like all this phantom reasoning ways. Like people don't have extra time to do what they like except chasing money up and down. Life is too short to be allocating every available time you've got to chase money around.
Processing cassava and making garri is another time well spent on a productive activity. May be their kids even observed and learnt something valuable in the course of doing that

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 8:17am On Apr 22
mamaafrik:
can I get a METRIC 50kg from same price at that your place??
58k in Osogbo three days ago.

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Pecoleee345: 8:28am On Apr 22
Saviola86:

Mr man keep quiet.

Since you know the secret and source of their goods, you and your wife she venture into the business let's see how long you will last.

slowpoke we work for our money and won't let rippers like you keep extorting us.

Same dingbat like you will go to hospital crying drugs are too expensive.....why not open your own pharmacy??

Can you see our shallow you reason with that talk of we should open a store??

I will keep sending my wife to trade fare to buy and you free to jump in the nearest lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by mamaafrik(m): 8:29am On Apr 22
maasoap:

58k in Osogbo three days ago.
Is oshogbo and lagos the same thing??
Gimme the contact of the Lagos contact where you got yours you can't.

I hope you can see that I am not part of the problem.
you are actually
the one saying things that you cannot validate basing you talk on mere speculations and rumors around.
Stop being a Joke,next time get your facts right.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Tenshades(m): 8:35am On Apr 22
mamaafrik:

Is oshogbo and lagos the same thing??
Gimme the contact of the Lagos contact where you got yours you can't.

I hope you can see that I am not part of the problem.
you are actually
the one saying things that you cannot validate basing you talk on mere speculations and rumors around.
Stop being a Joke,next time get your facts right.

We are telling you what is already happening. You are there calling it ''mere speculations''

You are the joke here.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by SmartMen: 8:38am On Apr 22
maasoap:

The problem is that when people like you finally see how retailers have been ripping you off, you won't be able to come back here to narrate your experience. If una like, continue paying 2k for an item whose price is now around 1.2k.
Una no see the price of cement now? No be the same economic factors responsible for their prices increase?
You didn't answer my question. Na your urine dem go use pay house rent, Shop rent, pay children's school fees, buy food, pay health needs, transportation, Light bills?

Nobody is stopping you from starting your retail where you can sell kobo kobo as you wish. It is a free world.

Selfish pricckk
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by DeGods007(m): 8:48am On Apr 22
maasoap:

And people who are opening threads didn't have money but are begging you for money? Having money doesn't mean you shouldn't speak up when you ought to.

Keep speaking up bro if that will make you guys feel good cool
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by imagrg(m): 8:49am On Apr 22
You want to recup all the transport cost from one item abi?
SalamRushdie:
So the goods will fly magically from trade fair to your house? Add you wife's transport to and fro , her refreshments at trade Fair and then you will will understand
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by mamaafrik(m): 8:54am On Apr 22
Tenshades:

We are telling you what is already happening. You are there calling it ''mere speculations''

You are the joke here.
You can't give a proof of the said 57k per metric 50k.g ask yourself if you have a point.

Intelligent people don't just open mouth to talk,think before you do.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Tenshades(m): 8:59am On Apr 22
mamaafrik:

If you can't give a proof of what you are saying as required and nor beer parlour cho.....cho...chooo then you don't have a point

I can't give proof to someone like you because you will eventually buy at that 57k per 50kg and resell to people at your usual 67k per 50kg.

I don't help extortionists, not sorry!
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Tenshades(m): 9:02am On Apr 22
mamaafrik:

You can't give a proof of the said 57k per metric 50k.g ask yourself if you have a point.

Intelligent people don't just open mouth to talk,think before you do.

Oh, you modified your sloppy comment.

One piece of advice I'd give you is that you should enter Lagos market and locate the price yourself.

I'm not the cause of your misfortune.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Father4all: 9:04am On Apr 22
maasoap:

not like that oo. You forgot they too will pay transportation to the market to buy the goods, and also be for transportation to convey it back home
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Saviola86: 9:45am On Apr 22
Pecoleee345:

slowpoke we work for our money and won't let rippers like you keep extorting us.

Same dingbat like you will go to hospital crying drugs are too expensive.....why not open your own pharmacy??

Can you see our shallow you reason with that talk of we should open a store??

I will keep sending my wife to trade fare to buy and you free to jump in the nearest lagoon.

When a broke man talks u know.

I am done with you wretched soul
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Pecoleee345: 9:47am On Apr 22
Saviola86:

When a broke man talks u know.

I am done with you wretched soul

Broke man ?

I run my own house and feeding my family......a slowpoke still staying with his parent is calling me broke..lol

Faceless forum sha.
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Exceed15: 9:55am On Apr 22
Just one useless unthinkable careless statement " Subsidy is gone" brought us to where are now .. APC is curse
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by ezekuche(m): 10:27am On Apr 22
SalamRushdie:
So the goods will fly magically from trade fair to your house? Add you wife's transport to and fro , her refreshments at trade Fair and then you will will understand
u still didn't make any sense..

1 Like

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by millionboi(m): 10:33am On Apr 22
Pecoleee345:
People are wicked in this country.

Greed will finish us in this country.

Go to trade fare and see how street retailers are ripping us off big time.

My wife bought her body cream CT+ at the rate 2100 at trade fare yesterday while in our area retailers are selling it for 3700.

Kk brothers soap my wife bought the pack for 7k(6pieces) while one is sold for 1700 by retailers.

Her sanitary pad she bought 1 pack at the rate of 1050 while retailers sell for 1700.

Even strike bitters sachet pack(20 pieces) wey I dey always use console myself i buy for 2000 she got it for 1450.

Note she didn't even buy at carton price but at pack price because if she was buying in carton the price would be lower that than.

Just yesterday I bought a derica of rice on my way back home for 900 around oshodi terminal while the seller in my street is still selling for 1300 despite price of bag of rice coming down.

We are own problem.......everyone is wicked in this country.
why are you crying,dey go tradefair go buy na
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Prigidypogodo(f): 10:41am On Apr 22
Pecoleee345:

Broke man ?

I run my own house and feeding my family......a slowpoke still staying with his parent is calling me broke..lol

Faceless forum sha.
shatap

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by SalamRushdie: 10:55am On Apr 22
ezekuche:
u still didn't make any sense..
Oga send your wife to trade fair and leave me alone
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Tallesty1(m): 11:06am On Apr 22
pocohantas:
OP don't mind those people attacking you.

I had this vendor I buy jewelry from.
Earrings for 6k, 7k. All for me to find a wholesaler. Same earring was N1200 retail price (not wholesale o). Meaning the vendor was making a whooping N4800 per earring and she is always sold out.

When they want to go to these markets (Balogun and TradeFair), they will wear nosemasks, make their online customers no recognise them. Then they will claim to be importing. Who give them money to import? You know what it costs to import from China? Where MOQ is like 1000 pieces of each design? No mixing.

I was so angry I blocked that 6/7k reseller.
Now I see how they buy Benz. Imagine making almost 5k profit on each earring.

The only problem is that the wholesalers in these markets have poor online presence. They are too busy with physical orders to bother with online buyers.

Same with the rip off my laptop seller almost did recently. See ehn, retailers are something else.
Online vendor make mad profit, you can't compare them to street shop owners. Moreover the op voted for Buhari twice and then Tinubu, he killed us all first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Elinosweet143(f): 11:51am On Apr 22
It's not too much but considering what they are selling and the quantity a buyer would need for a serving then it's too much. From the buyers perspective
cucumbar:
is making N2000 on a carton of indomie too much profit?
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by maasoap(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22
Father4all:
not like that oo. You forgot they too will pay transportation to the market to buy the goods, and also be for transportation to convey it back home
I equally forgot that they were spending on transportation before the price hike grin grin grin
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by Earthquakes: 12:46pm On Apr 22
SUPERPACK:
Why not close your shop and go look for job since it is not profitable being a retailer?

From my shop alone I would have been bankrupt. I have two remote IT jobs that paid in USD reason why the biz hasn’t closed up.
So I am talking from experience not hearsay
Re: People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us by victory36(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22
Pecoleee345:

See one them......wicked humans

Those selling in trade fare are aliens?? They are not suffering hardship??

How can you buy something for 2100 and want to sell for 3700??

We buying are plucking money from trees
go to market and set up your own store and stop making noise

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Oyin Jolayemi Biography Of The CEO Of Daily Need Group / Is Lagos A Good Place To Build A Refinery Like Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.