Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project (19051 Views)

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by olisaEze(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22
From the loudest voices on the FP, it’s not difficult to deduce that Nigerian youths have learned nothing. Most have gained no wisdom or humility despite adding a decade to their ages, and they will DEFINITELY reinforce failure a fourth time! These pretend intellectual elite are a total lost cause. Incapable of learning and averse to introspection. Horrendously egotistical, and possessing the supreme self-confidence of fools who are convinced they know everything they don't know. Nigerians are not victims. Our country is not the way it is because of oppression, but because our leaders are a true reflection of who we are. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by LibertyRep: 12:32pm On Apr 22
You don't have to like PO to agree to this. What's the urgency of that project in the midst of myriads of problems facing the nation.

On a scale of preference, that project would take a very very back seat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Branduche: 12:33pm On Apr 22
Abi. They should have constructed from Ondo. The great surveyor general of the federal republic of nigeria. You have done well with your insight.
EmeeNaka:
Peter Obi is right. The so called coastal highway from Lagos- Calabar is a huge project such as which Nigeria has no history of completing. That is why they started constructing from Lagos axis, just to ensure that Lagos is completed before the 8years or 4 years tenure elapses. We know about East-West Road that had taken ages, yet not completed.
It is important for Federal government to put in place a plan for adequate funding of all uncompleted Federal Road project littered across the country before embarking on another monumental projects.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by kenmaro: 12:38pm On Apr 22
I totally agree with Obi on this irrespective of party affiliations. The Lagos-calabar coastal highway is a misplaced priority. Considering the state of the East-west road and other pressing economic needs in Nigeria, I expected the Nigerian government to totally rehabilitate the East-West Road for now with a lesser cost while focusing on other more pressing needs and later maybe come back to the need of this coastal highway after maybe President Tinubu has settled some of the more pressing loads on him taking the coastal highway gradually.

Note, this coastal highway will benefit my region in the south-south zone but I don't need to be selfish in the betterment of Nigeria as a whole which may adversely affect me in other areas. Rehabilitating the East-West Road will also serve the same purpose even though it's just a four lane road which I believe will still be fine if properly rehabilitated with no single potholes like was done on third mainland bridge. It is not late to abandon the coastal highway project and direct all the funds to the refinery, interstate railways linking all states to reduce heavy haulage on the highways which causes fast degradation of the roads, and the electricity issue which all these will increase productivity thereby increase the nation's GDP.

5 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by duro4chang(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22
Peter Obi is daft

5 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Burruchaga71(m): 12:38pm On Apr 22
kokoA:
Inasmuch as I don't completely disagree with him I'd like to also ask him what he said when Buhari/Ameachi began the Nigeria/Niger Republic railway line project, between the two projects which one does he think will benefit Nigeria and Nigerians more?
So are you in support of a project that will not be completed in 20 years?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by raumdeuter: 12:41pm On Apr 22
The FG should have invested in beer company like Obi did when he was governor

3 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by ottersberger(m): 12:42pm On Apr 22
helinues:
grin

Wetin Agulu trader sabi about governance

Bad news no dey for both Obi and his supporters to celebrate, na petty gossiping they are now indulging in

Too cheap of them though

I expected your attack of the messenger in place of a constructive engagement of the issues raised therein. You did not disappoint me.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Image123(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22
This kind of man would have talked about more pressing issues when the rail project of Lagos state started. Hollow man.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by StraightGaay: 12:44pm On Apr 22
helinues:

Latest reports from Ochenja market square.

grin
It's Ochanja Olodo

1 Like

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Adakintroy: 12:44pm On Apr 22
hammer567:
Even a dunce knows this but Tinubu want to use federal government to build road and railway across the islands in Lagos.

Which Calabar is he heading, do u know how many bridges it will take to cross the massive bodies of water across Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross Rivers?

Dey play!

At least it's not a bad initiative. My God you guys are negative.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Allisgud: 12:45pm On Apr 22
Apc government always interested in projects where they will loot big budgets
Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Earthquakes: 12:45pm On Apr 22
muykem:
That's what makes Tinubu and David Umahi preferred above Peter Obi. They know how to achieve bigger things, not a mediocre.

Exactly my brother, no wonder why Ebonyi Airport is now world class hub, no wonder Lagos is the safest city in Africa.
Big big things indeed

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Honestey: 12:46pm On Apr 22
So to divert the attention from his aba made borehole that spoiled in less than 3 weeks of usage, Man in black is now condemning multi-trillion naira project that has potential of turning the fortune of Southern Nigeria to a more prosperous one. Where were you when Buhari was laying railway tracks to connect Niger Republic? Boda Pita go sleep jor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Nice2023(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22
U are a good thinker and a reasonable one at that.

Leave those who think everything is politics.

EmeeNaka:
Peter Obi is right. The so called coastal highway from Lagos- Calabar is a huge project such as which Nigeria has no history of completing. That is why they started constructing from Lagos axis, just to ensure that Lagos is completed before the 8years or 4 years tenure elapses. We know about East-West Road that had taken ages, yet not completed.
It is important for Federal government to put in place a plan for adequate funding of all uncompleted Federal Road project littered across the country before embarking on another monumental projects.
Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22
ottersberger:

I expected your attack of the messenger in place of a constructive engagement of the issues raised therein. You did not disappoint me.

More pressing issues like beer parlour abi? A government must operate with big vision. 50 year, 100year vision. Not one borehole sized vision that can't last a month before packing up. This fellow never brings solution. He just shakes hands all over the place and criticizes. He saw his zero at Anambra for 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Afamed: 12:48pm On Apr 22
The same Obi who did not build either Primary or Secondary Schools all through his 8 yrs in office.

The Judas Iscariot has not recovered from the electoral loss

2 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by OChimex: 12:48pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
So Obi want the Government to fix all the roads all over Nigeria in less than 1 year?Mumu man

This is the same way some idiots were wailing about Eko Atlantic City when Tinubu started the project.

The point is, Nigeria is a very poor nation that depends on borrowing to survive. If you borrow then use the money on things that are of critical importance that will make life better for her poor citizens not elephant projects.
What will be the economic effect of the road to a common man in Nigeria when you already have roads that lead to those cities?

When it comes to administration, take it away from a Blackman. Their brain doesn't work.
Have you been to Eko Atlantic city? It has been. Abandoned for years. Now ask yourself, what is really the benefit of a common lagosian from that city, if not that it's a place where the rich go hide to be away from the poor?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Chiefpriestt: 12:49pm On Apr 22
helinues:
grin

Wetin Agulu trader sabi about governance

Bad news no dey for both Obi and his supporters to celebrate, na petty gossiping they are now indulging in

Too cheap of them though
Go look for a job you jobless zombie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by rottennaija(m): 12:50pm On Apr 22
EmeeNaka:

This is exactly what I said. They cannot never complete this road. So they start from Lagos so that they will finish that axis and leave the rest.

1 Like

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by pacesetting: 12:50pm On Apr 22
A quick question for you: How much has the Federal Government budgeted for the coastal road? Do you know how much? I don't think you do.

If you eventually find out, ask yourself whether that money will not be enough to improve Nigeria's electricity needs. A country is spending trillions on a coastal highway when it lacks basic amenities like electricity, and you are okay with that?

The worst type of slaves are the ones who are happily supporting their oppressors.
Okete001:
Hehehe

He should show us the one he constructed when he was the governor of Anambra.

Agulu scammer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Afamed: 12:52pm On Apr 22
rottennaija:

This is exactly what I said. They cannot never complete this road. So they start from Lagos so that they will finish that axis and leave the rest.

The same way , you wailed they could not complete second Niger bridge.

Show me one secondary school or Primary school, your Obi build while in office for good 8 yrs?

1 Like

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Procashtips(m): 12:52pm On Apr 22
I guess Tinubu learnt from what Buhari faced

Buhari was busy completing so many abandoned projects while starting and finishing only few only for some Nigerians to be saying "Jonathan did this or that", "Yar'Adua did this or that".

Whoever completes a job should take the glory.

Once politicians know this, they would stop all these elephant projects they love to start

1 Like

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Promax4321: 12:54pm On Apr 22
The road won't pass through Biafran so it's meaningless to Obipob nor IPOBI.

It shall be well for South South and Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by Afamed: 12:54pm On Apr 22
AmuOtu:
Need a job?

I will give you $500 if you can show me either Primary or Secondary school your Obi built when he was a Gov for 8 yrs in Anambra

1 Like

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by pacesetting: 12:55pm On Apr 22
You're too dull. Eco Atlantic was built for the rich. In a society where 90% are poor, is that protect not a complete waste of resources? Why can't Nigerians come together in one voice to fight their oppressors?
Paraman:
So Obi want the Government to fix all the roads all over Nigeria in less than 1 year?Mumu man

This is the same way some idiots were wailing about Eko Atlantic City when Tinubu started the project.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Misplaced Priority’ – Obi Questions Lagos-calabar Super Highway Project by slowice(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22
These ronu miscreantss behave like robots.... If you can't clearly see that this 16billion dollar road is a waste of scarce resources then you are beyond redemption.

The road won't be completed in the next 20yrs and will plunge Nigeria into more debt with no economic viability..... What's the economic importance of the road to our economy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Cuts His 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Boko Haram: Buhari Approves Release Of $1bn For Security Equipment / FG Declares December 25, 26 As Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.