Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors (54022 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by wirinet(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22
Sapasenator:

I am honestly ashamed of you guys who discriminate against your fellow countrymen because of tribes. Shame on you.
If you have travelled abroad, you will know that discrimination is not unique to Nigeria. There is serious discrimination in the US, UK and even China. The Tibetians, the Uyghurs and the Zhuang people are always crying of marginalisation and discrimination by the majority Han tribe.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Lifestone(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22
Ofodirinwa:

Gradually Nigerians will learn what racism is because it seems most of our people think there is logic to it or it's normal thinking.
If someone is racist, they will rather become poverty stricken than receive money from black customers. Many luxury brands have openly asked black people to stop buying their products even though that is their main customer base and their fellow whites are not interested. It is a mental illness

Stop lying. Name the Luxury Brands that have openly asked black people to stop buying their products. Name them,
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by maasoap(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22
CyracksMrBlogger:
your level of understanding is so low. She simply stated a fact about the Chinese people and what they do. She already said she is not defending them. Yet you spill this nonsense about inferiority complex. Wtf!

She's not defending them but yet she's giving us excuses on their behalf, lol. That's hypocritical statement right there!

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by sharpwriter(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22
Ishilove:

Hian
She didn't mean in 1992, the sentence about Bruce is another story which I have read similar things about. Apart from having issues with the Triads, it was a known fact that the martial arts masters weren't happy he started teaching martial arts to all and sundry. He was even challenged to fights on some occasions in the United States.

However, due to his mysterious death, this scenario will of course be one of the controversies tied to his sudden death.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by obaidan: 4:47pm On Apr 22
sweerychick:
angry... Not that im defending these Chinese people, but I've been to China and I know their tradition, Chinese people are extremely discreet, they don't like sharing anything with you. That's why they live in clusters, Chinatown. You hardly see Chinese people intermingle with commoners. And they do it to everyone including Europeans not just blacks alone. I think it's an Asian thing.
I believe why the restricted Nigerians there is fear of their safety, because from the report it started January this year and it was this January that dollars started skyrocketing and food stuffs increased astronomically. So they feared that Nigerians might want to loot their shops or do something sinister to them..

this one no follow, they are discrete, they dont like to mingle BUT they can come into d country to make money. If they dont want to mingle, they should remain in beijin or wuhan or wherever in their country. the only where within the boundaries of Nigeria where they can practice that nonsense is inside their consulate

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Omoawoke: 4:48pm On Apr 22
Benrosaria:

Anybody can walk into any Chinese store cause the anybody you refer to are sane.

Nigerians don't even know what sanity mean

That’s why some people are still making excuses for this insanity

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Sapasenator: 4:48pm On Apr 22
wirinet:

If you have travelled abroad, you will know that discrimination is not unique to Nigeria. There is serious discrimination in the US, UK and even China. The Tibetians, the Uyghurs and the Zhuang people are always crying of marginalisation and discrimination by the majority Han tribe.

It is unique to Nigerians. I have travelled all over the world and live with the whites for decades. I actually go out of my way to avoid fellow Nigerians for this attitude.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by sharpwriter(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22
toujurs:
See the tears in the comment section. grin. Even those that can't afford anything in the store
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Lifestone(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22
Ttipsy:
shut up!
What is the difference??
You are very rude and mannerless. I'm not surprised you think less of yourself. Discrimination is disgusting not to say from Chinco who where also once slaves to the Japanese

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Bimpe29: 4:51pm On Apr 22
Bullshit. Things aren't just normal in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Apr 22
sharpwriter:

She didn't mean in 1992, the sentence about Bruce is another story which I have read similar things about. Apart from having issues with the Triads, it was a known fact that the martial arts masters weren't happy he started teaching martial arts to all and sundry. He was even challenged to fights on some occasions in the United States.

However, due to his mysterious death, this scenario will of course be one of the controversies tied to his sudden death.
Okay. His death will always be a subject of speculation

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by DeepSight(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22
wirinet:

It's amazing that this generation of igbos are so hateful. Their fathers were more reasonable. The hatred exhibited by todays igbo youth had never been witnessed in Nigeria, even during and immediately after the civil war. My father inlaw actually fought in the civil war and was very close to ojukwu. You will never find him spewing so much hatred for Nigeria or Yorubas or even hausa-fulanis.

It's not a one way street, both groups are almost equally hostile to one another. Between Igbos and Yorubas honestly I am sick of it. Especially on this forum.

On this forum you can literally say, "Oh, today the USA launched a rocket heading to Mars" and you will have ten responses which will somehow contrive to bring Igbo vs Yoruba supremacy into the conversation.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by wirinet(m): 4:56pm On Apr 22
Sapasenator:

It is unique to Nigerians. I have travelled all over the world and live with the whites for decades. I actually go out of my way to avoid fellow Nigerians for this attitude.
Where have you travelled that you find no discrimination? Have you travelled to the US? You lived with the whites in the US and you see no discrimination? You have travelled to the UK and you see no discrimination? In fact UK has very strong anti-discrimination laws. A cousin sued her employer for discrimination in the UK and was awarded a heft sum as damages, as she was able to prove it in court. Have you been to the middle East and find no discrimination. Israel nko? The black Jews in Israel are always crying of discrimination.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Sapasenator: 4:58pm On Apr 22
wirinet:

Where have you travelled that you find no discrimination? Have you travelled to the US? You lived with the whites in the US and you see no discrimination? You have travelled to the UK and you see no discrimination? In fact UK has very strong anti-discrimination laws. A cousin sued her employer for discrimination in the UK and was awarded a heft sum as damages, as she was able to prove it in court. Have you been to the middle East and find no discrimination. Israel nko? The black Jews in Israel are always crying of discrimination.

Discrimination based on tribe is what we are talking about here. I will stop wasting my time responding to you henceforth.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by jiz: 4:58pm On Apr 22
What audacity
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by DeepSight(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22
wirinet:

I am honestly ashamed of you guys. So because there is tribalism in Nigeria now justifies Chinese coming into our country and insult us? There is no country in the world that does not suffer some degree of racism/tribalism. In England there are serious tribalism between the English, the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish. Same in China, there are serious tribal tension among the various ethnicities. But when it come to confronting outsiders they forger their differences and unite to face a common enemy/threat or humiliation. Here you guys rejoice and give support to our enemies and wish all us dead.
Pathetic.

Most of those countries came together in a natural organic way, be it through assimilation, immigration or even conquest, it was still natural and more importantly spanned over long periods of time to enable true integration.

Nigeria by contrast is a motley pot of some 350 tribes forced together suddenly by imperialism.
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Lifestone(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22
Sapasenator:

Avoiding your fellow Nigerians is your choice, but discriminating against them is a crime

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by RPG2020(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22
ColonelZeus:
There is nothing bad in the way they go about their business.
As long as they pay their taxes, I believe Nigerians should mind their business.

If one Omo boy use you shine now them go say Nigerians are wicked so abeg enter house grin angry
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by dododawa1: 5:00pm On Apr 22
Avoid

See

Finish
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Professor822714: 5:06pm On Apr 22
Buharis legacy of sub human existence continues
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Oracle411: 5:06pm On Apr 22
What is discrimination here. If they opened it for themselves and want their people only shopping there, what is the fuss.?
U can only call it discrimination if U see non Chinese and non Nigerians there, eg. Americans British etc

1 Like

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by BondRiv: 5:08pm On Apr 22
Very racist people. They only love our resources.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Sapasenator: 5:11pm On Apr 22
DeepSight:

This is horseshit.

good for for you!
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by BondRiv: 5:12pm On Apr 22
Oracle411:
What is discrimination here. If they opened it for themselves and want their people only shopping there, what is the fuss.?
U can only call it discrimination if U see non Chinese and non Nigerians there, eg. Americans British etc

Then you don't know what discrimination means and it is a good thing people like you are not in government. This must never be allowed. It is repugnant. The Chinese seem to be consistent in telling us who they are with these patterns, and it is time we listen.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by gard9ner(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22
sweerychick:
angry... Not that im defending these Chinese people, but I've been to China and I know their tradition, Chinese people are extremely discreet, they don't like sharing anything with you. That's why they live in clusters, Chinatown. You hardly see Chinese people intermingle with commoners. And they do it to everyone including Europeans not just blacks alone. I think it's an Asian thing.
I believe why the restricted Nigerians there is fear of their safety, because from the report it started January this year and it was this January that dollars started skyrocketing and food stuffs increased astronomically. So they feared that Nigerians might want to loot their shops or do something sinister to them..
Your choice of word “commoners” is derogatory, if you’re a commoner not everyone else, everybody is king in their own world. More so, some ppl here in Abuja have Chinese working for them as foremen or laborers. Be guided.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Sapasenator: 5:14pm On Apr 22
DeepSight:

Not just horseshit but daft ignorant horseshit. Your travels, if they are real, have obviously taught you nothing.

I know you are very angry and looking to lash out at the world. You now have your rare moment. The floor is yours buddy!
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by 11doubledee: 5:18pm On Apr 22
jubrilELsudan:
AS E BE SO NA TO GO BURN THE SHOP SO OOOOO
grin grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors by Noblemanonpoint: 5:20pm On Apr 22
There's something going on in that place.
Supermarket is a front and they're scare they might be exposed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The Female Banks CEOs In Nigeria / Woman Shows Off Her Savings From January To December (Photos,Video) / Coca-cola Mini Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.