Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? (23244 Views)

How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / For Sale 5bedroom, 2parlours, 5toilets, one kitchen, 2relaxation spot and BQ / 4bedroom Flat And 7rooms Toilet, Bathroom N Kitchen For Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by truthhurts2: 7:13pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
If the women are not troublesome and they understand each other and are quite close, build one kitchen. This way you keep your wives close and your future children closer.

If they are not they above, u better build separate flats for them sef befor dem use wahala kill u
Why won't they be troublesome! Understand each other for where?

Nothing is as good as one-on-one
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Proserpina: 7:21pm On Apr 23
pocohantas:

See me see wahala o. Women have different cooking patterns. Some kids are picky eaters and the mum has to go the extra mile to make them eat. Some do not eat onions. Some do not eat crayfish. And someone wants to do unity with my kids stomach? I kuku know say polygamy is not for me.
Lol.... See ehn I don tire for Nls matter cheesy
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by pocohantas(f): 7:22pm On Apr 23
Proserpina:
Lol.... See ehn I don tire for Nls matter cheesy

I tire pass you. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Like they can coexist with their co-husbands in one kitchen. Ndi logic.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by YeyeGbami: 7:27pm On Apr 23
Lonestar124:
Build two kitchen bro, don't listen to any advice beside this my own..

Fact
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23
decatalyst:

Build 3 kitchens
Build 3 sitting rooms
Of course 3 bedrooms
3 toilets
3 veranda
3 water tanks
3 walkway

And 3 brains
Whats this nonsense you typed here?
Too many kids here on NL
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23
Evolutionism:
Some people have chosen the path of No peace of mind.

Every mallam with hin kettle.

Not the first and definitely won't be the last.
His home is already divided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by YeyeGbami: 7:32pm On Apr 23
Reminderz:
yes, if you can afford it fine... if you can make it 3 also, then do it, makes them wonder if there is a third one in the picture... and also make them satisfy you and bow to your authority...

Suspense
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by ComputerOperato: 7:36pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Why do you think this?

Once you have 2 wives, you're in trouble due to unnecessary completion.

Make it 3 and you will be fine as each wife will focus on her child and your health/well-being.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by decatalyst(m): 7:41pm On Apr 23
NOETHNICITY:
Whats this nonsense you typed here?
Too many kids here on NL

Your brain capacity is so low to identify sarcasm and move on.

What's this talk of kids on Nairaland when the brain in your skull is not even up to that of mice.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by NoToPile: 7:57pm On Apr 23
Let each wife have her own Seperate wing with their facilities Seperate yours can be Central with access to the two on both sides, also accessible to both parties and their children

It will reduce the friction a bit, but kasala will always burst one way or the other sha.

And you see that eating from a central pot, may God help you oo. You want wife 1 to leave her children eating from the pot of wife 2?

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Burgerlomo: 8:22pm On Apr 23
Build two kitchen if you want peace of mind
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by delpee(f): 8:27pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:
I'm building my home for me and my two wives.

Each wife will have her bedroom.
Now, I am wondering whether I should build one or two kitchen.
What do you think?
Input from (current or future) polygamists and women would be appreciated.

It's more ideal for them to have separate apartments which automatically means they have separate kitchens. The home will be more peaceful that way (assuming they consented to your being polygamous).

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by BigdaddyAniogbe: 8:28pm On Apr 23
Two kitchens is far better! To reduce social friction and animosity and latent hatred that may lead to poisoning et al...
Kipaji:

What do you think?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Medici777: 8:33pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

Please build 2 kitchens for the sake of your family. Also it’s important to ensure you do the exact same thing for them to forestall any form of jealousy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by YemyTemmy: 8:40pm On Apr 23
Hollasmall:
Na man you be! How you Dey cope with two wives

one of the descendants of solomon
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:40pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?
You're actually supposed to build three houses..
One for each of them and their kids, and your own central house which is OPEN for everybody,, but it is officially supposed to be your own house.
That was how our FOREFATHERS did it, and it worked.

But since you are planning to have only one building,, then you have to plan it in such a way that it has two wings.
(Two completely separated quarters on the TWO OPPOSITE SIDES of the building)
And the central portion is for everybody, and also where your own quarters will be located.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by simplesearch: 8:40pm On Apr 23
God's perfect will for mankind is one man to one wife. The hardness of man's heart gave him up to multiplying wife in the old testament against God's will. However with the coming of Christ all excuses for living contrary to God's perfect will in marriage for mankind have been abolished. Anyone who practices Polygamy under the new convenant commit sin of adultery, covetousness and stealing. And whoever accept to be second wife under this dispensation of grace is an adulteress a thief and an intruder.

Genesis 1:27 (KJV) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1 Corinthians 7:2 (KJV) Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by OpulentP: 8:48pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

What do you think?

2 kitchens please, its the best
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Offpoint1: 9:10pm On Apr 23
Kipaji:

Can you elaborate on this?
You'll definitely want to add more women, you had the tendency already.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by ufotunang: 9:10pm On Apr 23
2 wives, 2 problems..also build 2 palours πŸ™„
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by theredaddy: 9:12pm On Apr 23
pocohantas:

See me see wahala o. Women have different cooking patterns. Some kids are picky eaters and the mum has to go the extra mile to make them eat. Some do not eat onions. Some do not eat crayfish. And someone wants to do unity with my kids stomach? I kuku know say polygamy is not for me.

why not let the kids arrive 1st before shooting fuji house of commotion ..
what if they prefer real delicious meals to there mom studio meal undecided

yenyenyen !
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by providencia(m): 10:06pm On Apr 23
You should be talking about two houses. grin you are talking about two kitchen grin grin grin
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 11:58pm On Apr 23
Reminderz:

lol I use to tell people that it's not in the amount of wife you marry, but the type of wife.. you can have more than one wife and have more peace of mind and happiness than the person with only one wife... if you marry a bad wife, prepare to get your life ruined...

you can have more than one and your family will be fine and stable than those with one, it all depends on the kind of wife you marry and the foundation on which you built your relationship, not necessarily the amount of wives...

Well said
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 11:59pm On Apr 23
Sheuns:
If possible build two separate flats for them.
That's the plan.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:00am On Apr 24
pocohantas:

So if you marry wife wey no sabi cook or likes too much pepper, my innocent kids go follow una dey chop am? Don't foster your unity with my kids nutrition, your Lordship.

This is the kind of woman that is not fit for polygamy.
Sister wives should help and complement each other.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:04am On Apr 24
Kajaard:

Op if you want peace in your house build two separate kitchens for each wife.

Women don't get along with each other unlike men. To make it worse these are two wives that will be envious of each other and hate each other as well.

Thanks for the advice. I was asking because I have seen cases where there is only one kitchen and it works.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:10am On Apr 24
maasoap:

That's not the case all the time, we that grew up in polygamous family can attest to it. Things might have changed these present days but it wasn't always hate and jealous when people like us were growing up in polygamous family. It was the best

Precisely. There are a lot of good polygamous houses out there. In some of them, it is the first wife that asked for a co-wife.

Please maasoap, what do you think your father did to dissipate hate and jealousy and foster joy and unity in his house?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:11am On Apr 24
Sk5050:
Build two kitchen and make sure the wall in between the two flats is tick enough with separate passage/entrance to avoid too much interface.

As far as I am concerned a woman that refuses to see her co-wife is a bad wife. Each wife will have her quarters but they don't mind seeing each other around.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:13am On Apr 24
Ara21:

For me, this is the best comment so far.
If you can make two bedroom flat for each wife and their kids it will save you stress, they only see each other when they want to.

The kids stay in my block. And they are mixed. I don't want any separation between my children.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:14am On Apr 24
Sunny91:
If bedroom has separated them let kitchen don't my reason was let the kitchen unit them daily.
I see your point. Thanks.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:15am On Apr 24
Noahsailingark:

Simply build two separate houses. One house for each wife and her kids. You can be switching houses.

No. I don't want to create clans/groups/divisions with my kids. So, all kids see the two wives as their mother, and they all eat the same food, and they all sleep in the same rooms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Exquisite And Modern Italian Decorative plaster Designs for your Home and Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.