Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? (23212 Views)

How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen? / For Sale 5bedroom, 2parlours, 5toilets, one kitchen, 2relaxation spot and BQ / 4bedroom Flat And 7rooms Toilet, Bathroom N Kitchen For Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:16am On Apr 24
tiswell:
@op,see a perfect example of the impending calamity(s) you'll expect👆.

May God be ya strength broda,cos e nor go easy fa

Such a woman is not fit for polygamy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:17am On Apr 24
pode:
Them go use otapiapia kill you

What is otapiapia?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:21am On Apr 24
doncartel:
The wives may decide to poison each other or poison each other’s children.

A woman won't become a witch because of polygamy. If she acts like a witch in a polygamous marriage, it means she has always been one and was not in the good condition to get it out of her.
Plus, as I said, all kids eat the same food.

Imagine one wife turning the other wife’s child into an slowpoke through charms in the food.
All kids eat the same food. Plus, a woman that would do such a thing is an evil woman. Polygamy just gave her a terrain to exercise her evilness. A woman that is not evil won't do such a thing, polygamy or not.

The best polygamy is the Atiku way. Each wife has her own mansion very far from each other while Oga summons or visits them as he likes.

The issue with this is that it is hard for the kids to see each other as one. They will see the others as "the kids of that woman" instead of seeing them as true brothers.
What is "Atiku" by the way?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:28am On Apr 24
InvertedHammer:

/
Your house, your rules.

If you want input from strangers, that means that you are indecisive about your life.

You know your wives and what dynamics will work for all of you. What works for a peaceful home may not work for a toxic home.
/

About the embolden, everyone wants input from strangers.
You have issue with your business, you take an online course made by a stranger.
You don't know which resort to visit during vacation, you visit a tourist website made by a stranger.
You don't know how to cook a certain meal, you watch a youtube video made by a stranger.
You have a sudden issue with your car on the road, you contact a mechanic (most likely a stranger) or you ask fellow drivers around (all strangers).
You don't know which investment to make, you may contact an experienced businessman who is most likely a stranger.
You want to design your house as optimally as possible, you reach out to an interior designer or a design website or some expert who is most likely a stranger.
You want to build a house but are not sure about the limitations of your land, you contact an engineer/architect (a stranger) to look at that for you.
You want to buy a new laptop but aren't sure about the specific one that corresponds best to your needs and budget? You go online or to a computer store and hear what strangers have to say about your case.
Even the whole of Nairaland, is a bunch of people asking strangers about pretty much anything.

We all get advice from strangers in this life. All of us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:30am On Apr 24
johnog4sure:

Oga build a second house, never put 2 women under one roof for the sake of your children. God will bring money for another house

Why do you think this, John?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:31am On Apr 24
Konquest:

You made some valid points there but it's also good to get a second and even third opinion from folks and professionals alike in any field of human endeavor.

Then a man "walking" in his shoes can finally make up his mind (even though he already has his own initial ideas on what to do) based on thorough scrutiny of feedbacks so as NOT to get blindsided. So far, he's got a lot of good advice on this family-related issue and a significant number of men here have given very succinct feedbacks.

I can see the OP going far in his long-term polygamous relationships because he is NOT afraid to ask for feedback and he's willing to learn while not compromising the unity of his children who he wants to see grow up together as brothers and sisters.

That's what it's about. Thank you Konquest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:37am On Apr 24
SocialJustice:
Use one kitchen with a big dinning. The family cooks and eats together unless you want division in your family.

This is why I was reluctant to build two kitchens.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:38am On Apr 24
shedy03:

Each wife should have her kitchen, living room, children room.
Hope you are strong enough to build the mansion.lol.

No, all children live in my block. I have three children's bedroom and they will be mixed among wife1's kids and wife2's kids. So, there is no such thing as wife1 kids on this side and wife2 kids on that other side.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:39am On Apr 24
Elsueno:

Yes, if possible just build each wife a self contain with bedroom, kitchen & a nice veranda.

Then build a very big sitting room where all the family can eat & watch TV together.

Let me tell u something, even if u give them one kitchen, You MUST BUY different cooking utensils, gas etc for each. So why not separate it from the get go & save urself d trouble

Thanks for the input.
The very big sitting room is in my block.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:43am On Apr 24
gbassa:
You should build 2 kitchens based on my own experience. When we had a single kitchen, there was too much quarrels from my stepmums and they were doing the cooking 2 weeks each but after giving each a separate kitchen and later a separate flat, the quarrels stopped.

Thank you for sharing your experience gbassa.
How was the polygamous experience in your home in general? Would you say there was more unity than division? How did you see the wife that was not your biological mom? How did your father rule?
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by NaBanga: 12:44am On Apr 24
The truth is that 2 wives, should have separate homes. Polygamy is not to be taken likely. A man who wants to engage in such, should be able to afford to provide for both wives fully, lest someone's child is "accidently" poisoned. I wouldn't give myself high blood pressure, but to each his own.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:45am On Apr 24
mozona:
three kitchen is good but you forget that they can poison each other food,
starting from the kitchen.

cos you cannot tell me that a polygamous home is a peaceful home no matter
how much you have.

There are great polygamous houses out there. Women who use poison in a polygamous setting are the ones that would use it regardless anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:49am On Apr 24
BigManny:

Though I've not been there, but I think it's easier to cope with two wives than coping with most entitled mannerless and manipulative single wives.

It is. Plus, people forget that in many cases, it is the first wife that encourages her husband to take a second one.

The most important is the quality of people you are dealing with, your connection with them, and the environment.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Konquest: 12:49am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

That's what it's about. Thank you Konquest.
You're welcome @Kipaji
Indeed, it is what it is. I wish you and your family the very best as well.

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:51am On Apr 24
BluntCrazeMan:
You're actually supposed to build three houses..
One for each of them and their kids, and your own central house which is OPEN for everybody,, but it is officially your own house.
That was how our FOREFATHERS did it, and it worked.

But since you are planning to have only one building,, then you have to plan it in such a way that it has two wings.
(Two completely separated quarters on the TWO OPPOSITE SIDES of the building)
And the central portion is for everybody, and also where your own quarters will be located.

This is what I have in mind.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by johnog4sure: 12:53am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

Why do you think this, John?
Jealousy will be ignited at some point, women mostly use emotions not logic...make Dem no poison u or the kids
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 12:54am On Apr 24
NaBanga:
The truth is that 2 wives, should have separate homes. Polygamy is not to be taken likely. A man who wants to engage in such, should be able to afford to provide for both wives fully, lest someone's child is "accidently" poisoned. I wouldn't give myself high blood pressure, but to each his own.

A woman that would poison a child is a demon. Such a woman would still be a demon in a monogamy relationship.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Pitssbull: 1:10am On Apr 24
Maybe yes for peace to reign

Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
moneyvirtual74@gmail.com
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by tiswell(m): 2:59am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

Such a woman is not fit for polygamy.
you are right comrade
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by SocialJustice: 6:10am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

This is why I was reluctant to build two kitchens.
Build one kitchen, one boys room and one girls room if your kids are still at home. It forces unity beyond what you can force.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Jasonekah98: 6:23am On Apr 24
Build 3.

It'll keep them pondering bout your next move grin grin
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by pocohantas(f): 9:22am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

This is the kind of woman that is not fit for polygamy.
Sister wives should help and complement each other.

Indeed I am not. Happily so. Thank you my Lordship for noticing this.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by purples25(f): 9:24am On Apr 24
Women have suffered.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Afolue(m): 10:50am On Apr 24
Two kitchen. And let it be linked to their rooms just a the toilet and bath.

Privacy can not be over estimated
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Malawian(m): 11:35am On Apr 24
Kipaji:
I'm building my home for me and my two wives.

Each wife will have her bedroom.
Now, I am wondering whether I should build one or two kitchen.
What do you think?
Input from (current or future) polygamists and women would be appreciated.

But them dey share one dick abi?
Make i come add my dick make everything be two each. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by maasoap(m): 11:50am On Apr 24
Kipaji:

Precisely. There are a lot of good polygamous houses out there. In some of them, it is the first wife that asked for a co-wife.

Please maasoap, what do you think your father did to dissipate hate and jealousy and foster joy and unity in his house?

I wouldn't know for sure, I just grew in it. I remember my step brothers carrying me on their shoulders if we were trekking long distances. All of us eating from the same pot.

I think it mainly rest on the man of the house to put his feet down sternly and firmly, be in control of his household. And shouldn't be afraid or waste time in correcting anyone who might be going out of line. Be fair to the wives and their kids, shouldn't show favouritism even if you have a favourite wife or kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Saintmary(f): 1:02pm On Apr 24
Kipaji:

That is my plan. There will be the main building where I live and each wives' building next to me. Here is a rough sketch to explain what I mean

Why would you separate a mother from her children?

This arrangement is extremely selfish. You are the one who can't have a nuclear family with a wife, why are you denying them the opportunity to have their own nuclear family with their kids?

Let me remind you, these people will wait until you die, then they will piss all over your grave.

P. S. They will find a way. They don't belong to one big happy family and they will never accept each other.

I just say make I clear you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Ojemedad: 3:47pm On Apr 24
garriAndsugar:
Make the kitchen 3, as you will need one more wife in the future

Supported with 2 bottles of gulder
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by garriAndsugar: 3:48pm On Apr 24
Ojemedad:

Supported with 2 bottles of gulder
Add am one plate of 404.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:53pm On Apr 24
decatalyst:

Your brain capacity is so low to identify sarcasm and move on.

What's this talk of kids on Nairaland when the brain in your skull is not even up to that of mice.
making meaningless joke over everything is the very reason I know how childish you are.
Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by Kipaji: 9:59pm On Apr 24
maasoap:

I wouldn't know for sure, I just grew in it. I remember my step brothers carrying me on their shoulders if we were trekking long distances. All of us eating from the same pot.

I think it mainly rest on the man of the house to put his feet down sternly and firmly, be in control of his household. And shouldn't be afraid or waste time in correcting anyone who might be going out of line. Be fair to the wives and their kids, shouldn't show favouritism even if you have a favourite wife or kid.

Thank you for the insights.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have One Kitchen For Each of My Wives? by garriAndsugar: 10:03pm On Apr 24
Kipaji:

Thank you for the insights.
I like the way you listen to advice here.

We future polygamist are proud of you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Exquisite And Modern Italian Decorative plaster Designs for your Home and Office / The Flourish Apartments And Terraces Ochid Rd. A Beautiful Abode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.