Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife (6242 Views)

Titilola Adeleke Is Osun First Lady, No Confusion- Adeleke’s Spokesperson / The Official Vehicle Of A Son Of River State Governor - 1st SON (see Pix) / Governorship Election: Who Is Osun State Next Governor? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by 1000Capacity: 9:22am On Apr 23
paramakina202:

That it happened to Bianca doesn't mean it acceptable in Igboland.
If NOI want to contest any election in Abia state she will win. She rep Abia in GEJ cabinet as minister of finance. No body told her to go to Delta and become their minister.

Oga the post NOI held isn't political and it was an appointment. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the finance minister. It's different from contesting for one senatorial position or governorship posts.
Stop comparing things that aren't the same just to make a false point

5 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by vanbonattel: 9:25am On Apr 23
pquaver:

I am igbo but stop asking for what u can't give.. If na for igboland governor marry 2 wives 1 igbo and another tribe and make the other tribe first lady wont all hell be let loose by our people? Hope, rochas, ararume who are born and bred full igbos where all antagonissed as haisa fulani or benin and you feel such people will endure another trine as first lady over igbo.. Nwanne zuru ike.. No dey make noise for wetin no concern you..

You're not Igbo and you don't know anything about that tribe. We have never discriminated against anyone based on their tribes in any place of power. This practice is only news because it happened in the South west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by vanbonattel: 9:28am On Apr 23
DMerciful:
You have no point. If an Igbo man marries two wives and the first is a Yoruba woman, she becomes the first lady provided she is educated enough to represent the office.

Tribalism cannot take us anywhere

Very correct statement.

1 Like

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by paramakina202: 9:34am On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

Oga the post NOI held isn't political and it was an appointment. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the finance minister. It's different from contesting for one senator position or governorship posts.
Stop comparing things that aren't the same just to make a false point

Every minister is representing his or her state in executive council. She represented Abia state and no body opposed her because she is from delta.They played dirty politics on Bianca same as you guys in Lagos played a very dirty politics on Vivor the LP governorship candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Brendaniel: 9:38am On Apr 23
naptu2:
The author of the problem on this thread is Splendid235.

Why?

Because Splendid235 does not know the reason why Governor Ademola Adeleke decided that Mrs Titi Adeleke should receive Mrs Oluremi Tinubu, but he has rushed to authoritatively state that it is because of tribalism.

That is the problem.

Is Splendid235 in Governor Ademola Adeleke's mind? Can he provide conclusive proof and evidence that it's because of tribalism??

So can you tell us the reason ?
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by 1000Capacity: 9:39am On Apr 23
paramakina202:

Every minister is representing his or her state in executive council. She represented Abia state and no body opposed her because she is from delta.They played dirty politics on Bianca same as you guys in Lagos played a very dirty politics on Vivor the LP governorship candidate.

Don't even use Vivor as an example.
The facts that he hates the Yoruba people just like the average Igbo person abounds on Twitter and even here on NL.
For Christ sakes dude was insulting yourba people and still want to be a governor over them.
What sort of witch craft is that sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Ogbuu101: 9:45am On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

Why was Bianca Ojukwu told to go back to her state to contest. Bianca was rejected from contesting for a political post in Anambra because she's not from there, they told her to go back to her state
Politicians will always say 1 thing or the other to get an edge on their opponents.
Was it Ohaneze ndi Igbo that told Bianca to go to her state?
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by paramakina202: 9:46am On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

Don't even use Vivor as an example.
The facts that he hates the Yoruba people just like the average Igbo person abounds on Twitter and even here on NL.
For Christ sakes dude was insulting yourba people and still want to be a governor over them.
What sort of witch craft is that sad

You have quickly produced reasons for playing dirty politics on Vivor because his mom is Igbo those in Nnewi may have their own dirty reasons why they did what did to Bianca too.

2 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by 1000Capacity: 9:55am On Apr 23
Ogbuu101:

Politicians will always say 1 thing or the other to get an edge on their opponents.
Was it Ohaneze ndi Igbo that told Bianca to go to her state?

No it was Sunday Igboho and Awolowo sad

2 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by ottersberger(m): 10:02am On Apr 23
favor914:
Adelekes & igbo women.

Can't blame them for wanting the best or nothing. You know you desire an Igbo chick as well, but dem no go gree for a supporter of a thief and a drugs dealer.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Babinski: 10:07am On Apr 23
Splendid235:
I just read a post here on nairaland where the wives of Ademola Adeleke are dragging about the first lady position,the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/8069696/titilola-adeleke-osun-first-lady

My take is that it is unfair for the governor to make the second wife his first lady when the first wife is still alive. For the benefit of doubt, Ngozi is the first wife,see confirmation link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7618361/breaking-news-meet-2-wives. This is what brings trouble in a home. Probably,the governor wants to please his people on the alter of tribalism.

I have continued to advocate a peaceful dissolution of this unholy marriage called NIGERIA,that is causing all of us pains. This union is not taking anybody anywhere. If our people can show tribalism in this type of scenario,why are we in one country?

You may make allusions to tribalism in the Governor's choice of Mrs. Titilola Adeleke as the First Lady. However, I do not see any immediate justification for your position. The choice of First Lady is at the discretion of the Governor when he has multiple wives. There must have been a reason for him to marry a second wife in the first instance. It is also said that the first wife had been in the United States for quite some time, meaning the Governor has been here all those while with the second wife. So before you make any allusions, investigate the relationship between the Governor and his wives prior to being a Governor and explore their history to be better informed.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by naptu2: 10:14am On Apr 23
Oh wow! A troll quoted me!

I don't think that he really expects me to read his posts.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by naptu2: 10:19am On Apr 23
Babinski:

You may make allusions to tribalism in the Governor's choice of Mrs. Titilola Adeleke as the First Lady. However, I do not see any immediate justification for your position. The choice of First Lady is at the discretion of the Governor when he has multiple wives. There must have been a reason for him to marry a second wife in the first instance. It is also said that the first wife had been in the United States for quite some time, meaning the Governor has been here all those while with the second wife. So before you make any allusions, investigate the relationship between the Governor and his wives prior to being a Governor and explore their history to be better informed.

You know the really crazy thing about this thread?

1) That statement doesn't even state who the first lady is.

2) What the statement actually says is that the governor had previously given instructions that Mrs Titi Adeleke should receive Mrs Oluremi Tinubu.

3) It says that someone (not Erelu Ngozi Adeleke) flouted the instructions and printed those fliers and that the person has been arrested.

4) Even if we turn our attention to the question of first lady, the governor is at liberty to appoint anyone as his first lady. President Obasanjo made Stella Obasanjo his first lady, even though she wasn't his first wife. Zainab was Colonel Marwa's first wife, but Munira was the first lady when he was governor of Lagos. (I am still not sure which of Adeleke's wives is the first wife, but he is free to appoint any of them as first lady).

5) People just want to cause controversy and they are manufacturing a reason for that controversy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by garykoeman: 10:26am On Apr 23
paramakina202:

That it happened to Bianca doesn't mean it acceptable in Igboland.
If NOI want to contest any election in Abia state she will win. She rep Abia in GEJ cabinet as minister of finance. No body told her to go to Delta and become their minister.

It is acceptable in ibo land.

Why was Betty akeredolu told to go back to Ondo to contest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Ogbuu101: 10:31am On Apr 23
1000Capacity:

No it was Sunday Igboho and Awolowo sad
Congratulations on your commissioning as the latest ronu e-hooligan.

2 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by OnionBandit(f): 10:36am On Apr 23
paramakina202:

Adeleke is free to choose who becomes first Lady but may I remind you that governor of then Eastern region his wife was a Yoruba no body stopped her from playing her role as first lady. In Igboland once you are Married into a family you automatically become part of them even if you oyibo.
Now that he has chosen who his first lady is, why bleating ?
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by paramakina202: 11:13am On Apr 23
OnionBandit:
Now that he has chosen who his first lady is, why bleating ?

You are the one bleating under my comment.
Did you read any comment where I said otherwise?
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Christistruth00: 11:17am On Apr 23
Titi is the Senior wife

Ngozi is not dragging anything because she knows her Senior

It is Ipob that have taken it upon themselves to be dragging Seniority and
First Lady with Titi on her behalf

Please could you kindly leave our Osun State alone in Peace
We are Still begging Ondo People for Betty Akeredolu

Titi and Ngozi are not dragging Position or fighting

Gov Adeleke already announced his Senior wife

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by tunjijones(m): 11:31am On Apr 23
paramakina202:

Adeleke is free to choose who becomes first Lady but may I remind you that governor of then Eastern region his wife was a Yoruba no body stopped her from playing her role as first lady. In Igboland once you are Married into a family you automatically become part of them even if you oyibo.

As at that time, there was nothing like office of the first lady.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by paramakina202: 11:41am On Apr 23
tunjijones:

As at that time, there was nothing like office of the first lady.

Is there office of the First lady today?
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Christistruth00: 12:04pm On Apr 23
cool
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by DMerciful(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23
His support for Rochas now is for sake of argument. Thats my point
haffaze777:

Must he vote for him? Are we not practising democracy again? ]
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by tunjijones(m): 2:26pm On Apr 23
paramakina202:

Is there office of the First lady today?

Yes, though not constitutional. Na babangida start this nonsense.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by naptu2: 2:48pm On Apr 23
Here's an example of what I meant when I said that anybody can perform the role.

The first person to glamourise the role of first lady was Victoria Gowon. However, Murtala Muhammed felt that it was too glamorous, so he ensured that his wife, Ajoke, did not use limousines or sirens and did not get too involved in public occasions like Victoria Gowon did.

However, in the case of General Obasanjo, the role was performed by female government officials and wives of other government officials, despite the fact that Obasanjo had two wives when he was head of state.

Picture of Victoria Gowon at the National Museum in 1975.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by donbrowser(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23
Splendid235:
I just read a post here on nairaland where the wives of Ademola Adeleke are dragging about the first lady position,the link below:

My take is that it is unfair for the governor to make the second wife his first lady when the first wife is still alive. For the benefit of doubt, Ngozi is the first wife,see confirmation link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7618361/breaking-news-meet-2-wives. This is what brings trouble in a home. Probably,the governor wants to please his people on the alter of tribalism.

I have continued to advocate a peaceful dissolution of this unholy marriage called NIGERIA,that is causing all of us pains. This union is not taking anybody anywhere. If our people can show tribalism in this type of scenario,why are we in one country?

Stella Obasanjo was first lady for 8 years despite Iya Iyabo being the first wife, you didn't call for the dissolution of Nigeria then, did you?

2 Likes

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by donbrowser(m): 2:52pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:
You did not say the truth, you only speculate. Was Rochas not made governor? He was insulted for woeful performance just same way Uzodinma is being insulted.

Why was Ikpeazu not insulted? grin

1 Like

Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by DMerciful(m): 2:55pm On Apr 23
Ikpeazu was highly insulted. Heck, he did not win his senatorial election.
donbrowser:

Why was Ikpeazu not insulted? grin
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Forkthiefnubu: 2:57pm On Apr 23
pquaver:

I am igbo but stop asking for what u can't give.. If na for igboland governor marry 2 wives 1 igbo and another tribe and make the other tribe first lady wont all hell be let loose by our people? Hope, rochas, ararume who are born and bred full igbos where all antagonissed as haisa fulani or benin and you feel such people will endure another trine as first lady over igbo.. Nwanne zuru ike.. No dey make noise for wetin no concern you..
You and your half smart ass BS
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by Tochj(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23
pquaver:

Every tribe recognized the first wife as the main wife
Stop confusing yourself
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by God1blessBiafra: 3:05pm On Apr 23
Splendid235:

You are just getting to know Yorubas.
Re: Erelu Ngozi Adeleke Is Osun Governor's 1st Wife by paramakina202: 3:10pm On Apr 23
tunjijones:

Yes, though not constitutional. Na babangida start this nonsense.

Not constitutional even then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha / Kano Vs Imo,but Kaduna Vs Enugu Lets Compere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.