Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 (22539 Views)

Jewish Population By Country / $300 Billion: Russia Reveals Exact Amount Of Reserves Frozen By West / Biden Freezes Billions Of Dollars In Afghan Reserves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by NothingDoMe: 1:29pm On Apr 25
jayce232:

Na Iran own tire me
See Iran foreign reserve
That country is going through serious economic downturn & na such country dey talk about war? Hmm
My brother. ......
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by jayce232: 1:33pm On Apr 25
BigDawsNet:
We are above

Finland
Croatia

Wow
Check the human population of those countries, u will understand they are technically above us
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by jayce232: 1:36pm On Apr 25
fuckboys:
I think china is the richest country in the world In reality, USA on paper.
No country is richer than USA
They print the dollar & have the best economy in the world. Forget their position on that list, USA is the richest country as far as the world is concerned!

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by jayce232: 1:39pm On Apr 25
Fiscus105:

Is USA thr? Mind you, I biliv you also read that, Gold inclusive, Abi they also print Gold.
USA have the highest number of gold & print the US dollar which is the world reserve currency. No country is as rich as USA.

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by jayce232: 1:43pm On Apr 25
Basicend:
Whether the world like it or not, China is becoming , infact currently the richest and surest country in the world.
China can only become the richest country when Yuan take over the united states dollar as world reserve currency. Until then, it is laughable to say China is the richest country.

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by BigIyanga: 1:51pm On Apr 25
Jorussia:
I have always said that the biggest problem in Nigeria is we have at least 80% of so called educated people who are ignorant and to a large extent illiterate.

Foreign reserve is what this thread is about as you are bringing excess crude account.for your information,obj left $22b as excess crude and about $70b as foreign reserve.how foreign reserve fell from $70b to $28b in a space of 8years is what i commented on.On this issue of excess crude accounts being depleted by Amaechi and his then progressive governors as you claimed,it wasn't true.APC became a party in 2013 and that was when Amaechi joined the party.As at 2013 excess crude accounts was already depleted.The annoyance of the governors across party lines then was that the federal government was withdrawing the money without the knowledge of the states which was true.

The administration of Pmb grew the foreign reserve to $48b around early 2020 before covid 19.the exchange rate was around #300 which around 30% more than what he met it, considering the foreign reserve they met,#300 was a very fair achievement by the then PMB.It was the uncontrolled crude oil theft(I believe state sponsored) from ending of 2021 and the
decision by Pmb cabal to fight anything Tinubu and osibanjo that messed up the economy of this country 2022-2023,and the effect still felt today.
Not true. Naija foreign reserve in 2010 when GEJ took over was $33.9bn
APC inherited a $500bn economy and halved it ti $250bn in 9yrs.. Una no get shame walahi

Bloomberg News

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by steeltrust: 2:29pm On Apr 25
RenaissanceGuy:
The correct figure is $32b. During Yar'Adua'a tenure, I remember hearing in the news that Nigeria's forex reserve was around $40b+. It's 17 years later and instead of us to be around $80b+, we're now down to $32b+. Lie. Though it's true that Obasanjo grew it exponentially from $5b, but it was $43b he left it at, not $70b. Jonathan massively depleted it with nothing to show for it.
Gej never depleted it, it was amaechi and selfish Apc governors then took him to court to spend it

Get your fact right
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by sulaak(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25
nedu666:
Egypt 35 and 53gw of electricity
South Africa 53 and 55gw
Naija 34 and 4gw

I don't think Nigerians appreciate the thorough nature of dysfunctionalities in the Nigerian state. A country that can provide clean water, modern sewage and electricity cannot be call a c
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by ThBoss(m): 2:43pm On Apr 25
EKONGKING:
Wow India at 645 billion dollars in reserve is a surprise .

India is really marching forward .

600Billion?

S/N Countries Forex Reserves Including Gold
S/N (data in millions US$)
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by kayusely70(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25
Jorussia:
I have always said that the biggest problem in Nigeria is we have at least 80% of so called educated people who are ignorant and to a large extent illiterate.

Foreign reserve is what this thread is about as you are bringing excess crude account.for your information,obj left $22b as excess crude and about $70b as foreign reserve.how foreign reserve fell from $70b to $28b in a space of 8years is what i commented on.On this issue of excess crude accounts being depleted by Amaechi and his then progressive governors as you claimed,it wasn't true.APC became a party in 2013 and that was when Amaechi joined the party.As at 2013 excess crude accounts was already depleted.The annoyance of the governors across party lines then was that the federal government was withdrawing the money without the knowledge of the states which was true.

The administration of Pmb grew the foreign reserve to $48b around early 2020 before covid 19.the exchange rate was around #300 which around 30% more than what he met it, considering the foreign reserve they met,#300 was a very fair achievement by the then PMB.It was the uncontrolled crude oil theft(I believe state sponsored) from ending of 2021 and the
decision by Pmb cabal to fight anything Tinubu and osibanjo that messed up the economy of this country 2022-2023,and the effect still felt today.
You've really captured it accurately!
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by BigIyanga: 3:37pm On Apr 25
kayusely70:
You've really captured it accurately!
Nothing was captured accurately. In 2010, our foreign reserve was $33bn. Una no wan read

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by BigIyanga: 3:39pm On Apr 25
steeltrust:
Gej never depleted it, it was amaechi and selfish Apc governors then took him to court to spend it

Get your fact right
They dont want to read. They would rather get their news from Bayo Onanuga than Bloomberg.
Foreign reserve in 2010 was $33bn

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25
ozo13:
haba Jonathan actually destroyed it but I don't understand the importance of foreign reserve Sha as even some country some guys love to Japa to ie Finland got a lower reserve than Nigeria and also Bahrain with a strong currency is not the strongest got a bad reserve.then china whose currency strength is far below USA got more and more reserve than USA.

There are going there for development because Finland developed her country with the little growth (reserve), Naija with large growth without development

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by EKONGKING: 4:38pm On Apr 25
ThBoss:

600Billion?

S/N Countries Forex Reserves Including Gold
S/N (data in millions US$)

Calculate in billions .

1 billion is 1000 million so

It's 643 billion dollars
Similarly for Nigeria it's 34.9 billion

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by flipdat(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25
fuckboys:
I think china is the richest country in the world In reality, USA on paper.
Blasphemy
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by Yankee101: 8:27pm On Apr 25
Read my post carefully again and understand it

airsaylongcome:

Population that China has way more than we do. And yet China is on top
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by airsaylongcome: 9:46pm On Apr 25
Yankee101:
Read my post carefully again and understand it

You said: "Equate population and know why nigeria is close to the bottom".

I am arguing that wealth has nothing to do with population. It has more to do with productivity. Nigeria is at the bottom because we aren't as productive as the others. Not because of our population

1 Like

Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by Melagros(m): 11:14pm On Apr 25
RenaissanceGuy:
The correct figure is $32b. During Yar'Adua'a tenure, I remember hearing in the news that Nigeria's forex reserve was around $40b+. It's 17 years later and instead of us to be around $80b+, we're now down to $32b+. Lie. Though it's true that Obasanjo grew it exponentially from $5b, but it was $43b he left it at, not $70b. Jonathan massively depleted it with nothing to show for it.
For sure
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by Melagros(m): 11:16pm On Apr 25
nedu666:
Egypt 35 and 53gw of electricity
South Africa 53 and 55gw
Naija 34 and 4gw
My brother it is so pathetic
Re: External Foriegn Reserves By Country As At 1st March 2024 by Yankee101: 11:32pm On Apr 25
First of all if you check the list nigeria is nowhere near the bottom. It’s in the top upper quadrant

So if I say nigeria is at the bottom, you should ask why I’m calling number 50 something out of nearly 200 bottom when nominally it isn’t on the list

Your purchasing power parity means a country with a lower pp but much lower population can purchase more per person than you can in nigeria. This gives their population a better quality of life

airsaylongcome:

You said: "Equate population and know why nigeria is close to the bottom".

I am arguing that wealth has nothing to do with population. It has more to do with productivity. Nigeria is at the bottom because we aren't as productive as the others. Not because of our population

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Biden Warns of Imminent Russian Invasion (Pics, Video) / Ukrainian Forces Take Back 20% Of Territory Lost in Sievierodonetsk Luhansk. / Jackie Chan Supports Death Penalty For Drug Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.