Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households (15273 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Assembled First And Last Mile Buses / Lockdown: Lagos Launches โ€˜food Kitchenโ€™ To Feed 100,000 Youths Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by PureFace1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 24
Vergovert:

The guy is either hybrid mongrel or a pure dotian.

He is not from Osun!

Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that seem to care about their citizens other states in Nigeria are barely doing anything but it is very annoying that it is only Lagos state that's making small effort that these people can only criticize bitterly.

There was a thread about Soludo demolishing and displacing 4000 people there was barely any criticism on the thread but let it be about Lagos state every social media will be agog.

The criticism is not normal but out of bitterness and bigotry, these fools will never be satisfied with the government of any Yoruba man in Lagos or Nigeria, that's the bitter truth.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by IbeOkehie: 10:41pm On Apr 24
specialmati:
government makes the people go hungry and then gave them one bag of rice after that what next

What's next is give them more palliatives when they need it. Crude oil price has been over $85 for weeks, Nigeria has lots of money to spend.

Fuel subsidy is being paid, CBN has crashed the dollar, student loans are on the way and much more. This one is, erm....small beans, so to speak. cheesy

Nigeria is a wonderful place. Beautiful People, Great Nation. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ No shaking.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by tiger28: 10:43pm On Apr 24
Na Obidients Name go full there......

Shameless fools!
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 10:46pm On Apr 24
Kewtt:
Absolutely nonsense. Tokenism with the resources available to Lagos?

Can't they find a way for them to be productive within the ambience of the Lagos economy? Instead of this bambiala economics....

that is tinubu's style of governance. just be dashing people money and foodstuff
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by newoffer: 10:46pm On Apr 24
Me o. I don't like this pity pattern. It is not what we want. We are peasant to be handed free food. I do not understand all this free food when we need to be build standard creative schools to brightens the future of the younger generation
Kewtt:

Can't they find a way for them to be productive within the ambience of the Lagos economy? Instead of this bambiala economics....
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 10:48pm On Apr 24
PureFace1:

Lagos is the only state in Nigeria that seem to care about their citizens other states in Nigeria are barely doing anything but it is very annoying that it is only Lagos state that's making small effort that these people can only criticize bitterly.

There was a thread about Soludo demolishing and displacing 4000 people there was barely any criticism on the thread but let it be about Lagos state every social media will be agog.

The criticism is not normal but out of bitterness and bigotry, these fools will never be satisfied with the government of any Yoruba man in Lagos or Nigeria, that's the bitter truth.

why do you need everybody to praise sanwo olu for dashing people rice?

1 Like

Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 10:49pm On Apr 24
ElSudani:

Who told you this would be permanent or the only solution being offered by the government?

what are the other solutions being offered by government? what problem will rice sharing and for how long will it continue?
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 10:50pm On Apr 24
rentAcock:

No Nigerian will wish for the country to get worse, anyone who says Nigeria will never get better isn't a Nigerian and God should punish that person.

is it because of what people are saying about Nigeria that put Nigeria where it is?
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 10:53pm On Apr 24
newoffer:
โ–  Me o. I don't like this pity pattern. It is not what we want. We are peasant to be handed free food. I do not understand all this free food when we need to be build standard creative schools to brightens the future of the younger generation
Don't knock free food for those who cannot afford it! No one should go to bed hungry in any nation on this planet! undecided

That said, using hungry people for what is a political show complete with red carpets and cameras is what I find ridiculous. If na food bank system dem won build, make dem just do so. This here looks so much like extending the usual political exercise that politicians are notorious for to an all-year program, ahead of the next election. undecided
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 10:56pm On Apr 24
SmartyPants:

Like what sir? As a State what structural changes should Lagos make?

get rid of agberos, being more accountable and transparent with government revenue and spending, stop corruption from lagos state government house and through out the entire lagos state civil service, stop godfatherism and allow true representation by the people, stop multiple taxation, use the constitution as a guide for governance not tinubus imaginary "blueprint"

1 Like

Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Adebowalay(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24
Kewtt:

Go back to isi eluku in Delta state... stop Antagonizing our governor, person do na problem, person no do, wahala..sha go back, leave us alone with our governor
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Azazyel: 11:03pm On Apr 24
Kewtt:

I don't get it. Why are you annoyed about the gesture? It's for people who can't afford to get the items. It's a good program. Lagos economy still trumps all the other states in Nigeria so which one is find a way for them to be productive? We all saw different state governors and even peter Obi giving to the community then you didn't complain. Why the hatred for Lagos?
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Azazyel: 11:09pm On Apr 24
CheapHomes1:

get rid of agberos, being more accountable and transparent with government revenue and spending, stop corruption from lagos state government house and through out the entire lagos state civil service, stop godfatherism and allow true representation by the people, stop multiple taxation, use the constitution as a guide for governance not tinubus imaginary "blueprint"

You're right on the agbero part but if they are to get rid of agberos, they have to find something else to keep them busy so there won't be crime increase. it's not only Lagos that has them. They are everywhere even in the southeast. You mentioned corruption. Hmmm... There is widespread corruption in Nigeria but Lagos is still more accountable than several other states. Which state do you come from? Let's start from there.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by CheapHomes1: 11:11pm On Apr 24
Azazyel:

You're right on the agbero part but if they are to get rid of agberos, they have to find something else to keep them busy so there won't be crime increase. it's not only Lagos that has them. They are everywhere even in the southeast. You mentioned corruption. Hmmm... There is widespread corruption in Nigeria but Lagos is still more accountable than several other states. Which state do you come from? Let's start from there.

can you pls remind me of the question which my comment answered?
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by BucketHat(m): 11:17pm On Apr 24
Goodness me this is preposterous!!!! Low grade mind people in corridor of government ๐Ÿค”

What is really happening in ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ

Due to insecurity in the land people can't go to their farms anymore.

In this 21st century we're still in auto reverse.
Nigeria is so blessed to be experiencing this kind of nonsense from this political elite's ๐Ÿ™„

1 Share

Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by BucketHat(m): 11:25pm On Apr 24
We go later hear say Lagos State government spend 19 trillion naira for this palliative!!!!!

Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ElSudani: 11:28pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
A foodbank ought to be a permanent system in any developed economy. However, this here is far from what a food bank system ought to be. It looks more like a political tool to use in buying the less privileged. lipsrsealed

I agree with you but this is not exactly a food bank. This is the kind of palliative the government was accused of not providing before subsidy was removed. Now, government is providing it and you are still complaining.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On Apr 24
ElSudani:
โ–  I agree with you but this is not exactly a food bank. This is kind of palliative the government was accused of not providing before subsidy was removed. Now, government is providing it and you are still complaining.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
First question, do you know what a food bank is? Second, do you know what a palliative program is? I need to ask because your response is all muddled up. Cause there is no way you would understand the meaning of those two things, agree with me, and still come back with the rest of the brain-dead retort. undecided
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Apr 24
BucketHat:
We go later hear say Lagos State government spend 19 trillion naira for this palliative!!!!!
I doubt it as it was reported that about 4 weeks ago Dangote donated about 80,000 bags of rice to the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANzhxLiuOXM?si=sAmvNfb3vjf_clOh
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by NewDea4: 11:44pm On Apr 24
Lanrelagboi:

Thieves tongue
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ElSudani: 11:48pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
First question, do you know what a food bank is? Second, do you know what a palliative program is? I need to ask because your response is all muddled up. Cause there is no way you would understand the meaning of those two things, agree with me, and still come back with the rest of the brain-dead retort. undecided

Lol, wherever you are is this the type of food banks they have there?
And what exactly should a palliative measure look like?
Do I know what a food bank is! grin grin grin grin grin
Quintessential Kobojunkie.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Apr 24
ElSudani:
โ–  Lol, wherever you is this the type of food banks they have there? And what exactly should a palliative measure look like? Do I know know what a food bank is! grin grin grin grin grin.
So, you can't answer the questions yet you came back to attack me in ignorance even after claiming you agreed with me? undecided

Newsflash! A Foodbank is a "Palliative" program. There is no difference. Does that help you sort out your confusion now? Or do you still feel you need to ram blindly forward like some sort of attack dog? undecided
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ElSudani: 11:53pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
So, you can't answer the questions yet you came back to attack me in ignorance? undecided

You are talking nonsense as usual. Aren't you the same person who was asking me a few weeks ago if lactose intolerance is actually a medical fact?
I have no time for your loopy arguments.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Minjim: 11:54pm On Apr 24
rentAcock:
God punish anyone who says Nigeria will never get better. We will one day be the envy of the world. God bless Sanwo Olu and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Most of those item will end in houses of big APC politicians in Lagos.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Apr 24
ElSudani:
โ–  You are talking nonsense as usual. Aren't you the same person who was asking me a few weeks ago if lactose intolerance is actually a medical fact? I have no time for your loopy arguments.
Abeg get away! undecided
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ElSudani: 11:59pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
So, you can't answer the questions yet you came back to attack me in ignorance even after claiming you agreed with me? undecided

Newsflash! A Foodbank is a "Palliative" program. There is no difference. Does that help you sort out your confusion now? Or do you still feel you need to ram blindly forward like some sort of attack dog? undecided

But then a food bank is usually not a one off event. You go there at scheduled times to get what you need. This is why I said your arguments are often loopy.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ElSudani: 12:01am On Apr 25
Kobojunkie:
Abeg get away! undecided

Lol grin grin grin grin

Kobo funra e.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by deji17: 12:07am On Apr 25
Kewtt:

They do, you will complain, they don't do, you will still complain
Some of the countries that you Japa to, have a social safety network like this. They call it food bank or food stamp. It's a temporary measure for those who fell on hard times.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by ufotunang: 12:09am On Apr 25
Nawaoooo... palliative government
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by Kobojunkie: 12:11am On Apr 25
deji17:
โ–  They do, you will complain, they don't do, you will still complain Some of the countries that you Japa to, have a social safety network like this. They call it food bank or food stamp. It's a temporary measure for those who fell on hard times.
But this isn't the way the social safety networks are designed in those countries, is it, complete with red carpets and cameras as though a political event? undecided

If you want to compare, do so in a meaningful manner. Social programs aren't political avenues but programs designed to provide a safety net for the people which this does not look at all like. undecided

Anyways, hopefully, over the next couple of weeks, we expect the individual state governments to help organize and ensure such programs in fact thrive and they completely do away with these seeming political shows to use the poor as though jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbaHnfATjH0?si=Nm0H_AgNGMqofD4x
Vice-President Kashim Shettima says President Bola Tinubu has approved that 20 per cent of palliatives, in terms of food intervention, be routed through religious and traditional institutions.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by BucketHat(m): 12:17am On Apr 25
Kobojunkie:
I doubt it as it was reported that about 4 weeks ago Dangote donated about 80,000 bags of rice to the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANzhxLiuOXM?si=sAmvNfb3vjf_clOh

But we have been feeding ourselves before now,we had food abundantly left right & centre & lot of families were eating more than 3 square meal but not anymore.

Government should Provide steady electricity,security,qualitative health care system,premium education,good roads, good justice system etc.

When all of this above mentioned is available & of which ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ have the resources to make the citizenry life meaningful.
Re: Eko Cares: Sanwo-Olu Launches Food Packs For 500,000 Households by xukwaa: 12:20am On Apr 25
Give us light and leave the others abeg...Light wey person go use money pay, e no dey...The last time I experienced this light issue was during Abacha Era in 1993

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor / El-Rufai: Lagos Has Been Fortunate To Have Visionary Governors / 2023: Governor Mohammed Warns Bauchi People Against Electing Non-Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.